Brookdale Galleria - Houston, TX

Brookdale Plaza Galleria provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Very Nice, but Too Fancy

We toured at Brookdale while looking for a new place for my loved one. This community is very nice, and they have a great sales team. However, for my loved one, the community was too fancy. She just did not feel it would be the best fit for her.

AC does not work. Not up to standards we are looking for

A tour for care

We toured this community. We like the staff and the community. The menu was appealing and they do offer a nice list of activities. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one. This community is not in the area of where we wanted to locate, but it is very nice.

Treating Me Like A Queen, Very Nice Place

I'am really enjoying my time here at this community, it is a really nice facility. My husband, and I moved in here together. Unfortunately he has since passed, but the hospice care did a great caring for him, and his needs. I'am pleased with all they have done for us. They are treating me like a queen. everyone is very kind. The only issue I have, is that the dining service is a little slow. Other than that issue, this is a community I would recommend.

A Place For Dad!!

I would recommend the community to family and friends. My father has been doing very well. He has mentioned that the meals are good and the portions are good. The staff is friendly and they have good communication with the family. The community is up-kept and clean. Activities are offered on site to the residents. Overall it's a clean place with attentive staff.

We Are Very Pleased

My mother is doing well here at this community. I'am pleased with all they have done for us. Everybody has been very kind and accommodating. The staff is great, they have been good to work with. They do a very good job with the cleaning. There are nice activities offered. They offer salon trips to my mother salon, and that is very convenient. I know she is being cared for well. I would highly recommend this community.

It's a great place to be

It's a great place to be. The one problem is the personalized care, they can't seem to get it right, I have had multiple errors and miscommunications, and they left my door unlocked twice. The other residents are friendly, and everything else is great.

Brookdale Sr. Living, a great place to live

The people who work here are wonderful. Maintenance is fairly quick as they have a whole building to deal with. Maid service is once a week, very much appreciated. There is a kitchen in every apartment, but you wouldn't need it as there are 3 meals a day, with Brunch on Sunday. Valet parking is a plus. It's close to everything in the Galleria area, very nice and I would recommend it to anyone. I'm only here temporarily as I just moved to Houston and am looking for a home to rent.

Friendly and Caring

The Brookdale Galleria has a very friendly and caring staff, all the way through every staff member. It is obvious that they are a caring staff and you is easily recognizable when attending to the residents.

Brookdale - Outstanding Care

I was very pleased with all the support for my father-in-law and my family from Brookdale Galleria.
From the tour to move in day, Kendal made us feel comfortable and made the decision to move Bob to Brookdale easy.
The Assisted Living Staff and the office staff were all extremely professional.
During the past 20 years I have had love one's in eight different facilities. I have not seen the genuine caring for the elderly that I saw at Brookdale.
I would not hesitate to recommend Brookdale in the future.

haven't always succeeded but they have tried

At the moment at Brookdale Galleria I get the impression that the workers running the assisted living are new at their jobs. I am rushing right now to get prescriptions filled since they ran out today. I am paying $500 a month just for them to manage that and it is not happening. I am paying for them to monitor her showers 4 or 5 times a week and that was wasn't happening. I think they are trying. With independent living they had everything laid out for you. Because she was going to go into independent living. They had a list of services and how much it cost. With assisted living it was all computerized and completely not transparent. They need to be more upfront and there needs to be a list of services and what they cost. Also when you get ready to go into assisted living you aren't aware that there are not nurses around. You just don't know they wont take your vital signs. You just don't know everything going it. I will say all but 2 or 3 of the people have been earnest and nice. They haven't always succeeded but they have tried.

above and beyond

They have really above and beyond to help out in any way that they can and make it an excellent stay for my mother. They are all very professional and courteous. Most importantly, my mother is very happy there. They have done nothing at all to disappoint us. I love and very highly recommend Brookdale Galleria.

So far it's going great!

So far it's going great! I love it here. Everybody has been super friendly. They have lots to do and social/happy hours twice a week. It's clean and the food has been good so far. No complaints from me yet!

They do very well with everything.

They do very well with everything. We don't have any concerns, at all. It's very clean, and the staff is friendly. They are excellent in everything they do. We are very pleased with them.

Don't come here

I will never recommend anyone to come to this [removed] house. I brought my grandmother here after she had surgery and the service was horrible. They have no empathy for the patients at their facility nor do they follow the family's orders. When we first arrived we filled out paperwork specifically stating to not give her a shower but to use a sponge and simply damp it on her. But instead the nurse decides to give her a shower and then take off my grandmothers dressage on her hip which was never to come off in the first place. They then have the audacity to lie and say that my grandmother took it off while taking a shower but funny how a nurse would allow her to do that if she was with her while she was in the shower. They then twist the story to say that my grandmother took it off after the nurse told her it was wet and that when the other nurse came back that the dressing was on the floor. yeah right. Then the therapist wanted my grandmother to lay on her side where she had surgery when that makes no sense. They would forget to put her eye drops at night and when I called to complain Miss Frances decides to tell me " well what do you want me to do now?" in a fresh tone. Frances you have no idea what professionalism is. I suggest you hand the phone to a manager before you open your mouth. The other nurse Stephanie then told me that they do not follow orders from the orthopedic doctor who operated my grandmothers hip but only to the one at the Hampton. There is no high level of service here and they only thing going for them is the location. I will never again come to this place.

Valet Parking and Fantastic Food

The food here is fantastic. It is really really good. At time they seem a bit unorganized, it seems like the left hand isn't communication well with the right hand. There seems to be a lack of communication and transfer of information during shift change. We are playing about $3,000 a month for the apartment and another $2,000 for the level of care. In addition we have to pay separately for additional services like incontinence assistance. They do have valet parking you just pull up and they park your car for you, and then get it when you are ready to leave. They do not seem to have many activities for the assisted living portion of the community. You can't beat the location it is by the Galleria. The location really is great.

Area to crowded, not homelike

Area to crowded, not homelike

Swimming pool does not have a life gu...

Swimming pool does not have a life guard, is unlocked and unsupervised. First building is old. Lighting is poor. Good location. Food is great.

Our Choice

Our Choice

Skilled nursing offered. E-mail from...

Skilled nursing offered. E-mail from the Director. Looks very viable. Received information on skilled nursing. Need to schedule visit with the head nurse. According to another nurse, could not handle trach.

Too expensive for us.

Too expensive for us.

Love this place! Great location! Res...

Love this place! Great location! Residents were lively and happy!