Landon Ridge at Sugar Land #1 - Sugar Land, TX

Very nice. The Blanco is 200 or so sq ft larger than the Brazos. I looked at the Brazos, and it seemed very small. Kitchen and bathroom spacious tho. One thing that stands out , and this is my usual observation of independent living... it’s a long way sometimes from the apartments to the activities, dining, etc.! Quite a distance for elderly who don’t have 🛴 scooters. Hallways seem endless.

Fairly new facility, very modern. mid price range. Interior access to all amenities and dining. Rooms have washer/dryer hook ups - must bring own washer & dryer.

It feels like a hotel

When I walked in here it automatically felt like home. Everyone we met was wonderful. The staff, the chefs, everyone was very chatty and felt comfortable. I could not ask for anyone better to help my parents. My parents have even said they haven’t met any strangers yet. The staff made the transition so easy for us. The whole thing just worked out very nicely and I couldn’t be happier with how things turned out. Everyone is just so friendly including the other residents. The facility just feels like one big hotel. My parents stay in a little cottage that has a full kitchen with an attached garage. It also includes a washer and dryer but it is unfurnished besides the major appliances. There is no maid service because that’s a service that my parents don’t need at this time. The food is good and has big portions. They offer 3 meals a day even though my dad chooses not to eat in the dining hall 3 times a day. The facility does offer activities including aerobics, a pool, workout room, and group activities. I absolutely recommend this facility to aynyone.

Fine so far

I find it hard to rate this community as my loved ones have not been here very long. They seem to be pleased with the change. The staff have been helpful. The food is good and there is a good variety of options. The community is clean and my loved ones have started to participate in the daily activities.

We are very happy

This is a great community. They offer good food and if you purchase a meal plan you get a washer and dryer in your apartment as well as weekly housekeeping. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The community is clean and they do offer a lot of nice amenities. This community is a reasonable price and I would recommend it.

Terri Lowery

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, and we’re happy that you’re happy! I’m glad to hear you took advantage of our meal plan. Whether you’re leaning toward a healthy soup and salad, a delicious entrée, or you want to indulge your sweet tooth with a dessert, our diverse menu means there really is something for every palate. We’re so pleased you joined us at Sugar Land, and if there’s anything we can do to make you feel even more at home, don’t hesitate to ask.

Our new home and care

We like this new community. The staff are nice and caring. We like the knowing that we can cook on are own, but we do like the meals that we can choose from. The chef is unbelieveable and the menu is fantastic. We are always busy with the nice activities that are offered to the residents. We like that everyone is so very friendly. This community comes highly recommended to other families.

Terri Lowery

It’s great to learn that you’re enjoying your home at our community. The chef’s meals truly are wonderful, aren’t they? Thanks for taking the time to share some feedback with us. We wish you nothing but continued happiness!

A good cost

We love living at this community. The staff have been helpful and friendly. The food is good and they offer a good variety of choices. The community is kept spotless. We like the size of our apartment which has a washer and dryer included. They do offer some nice activities and I would recommend this community.

Terri Lowery

It always makes our day to hear from residents who are loving life at Watercrest at Sugar Land! It sounds like you’re enjoying everything from the wonderful food to the great list of activities we offer. We’re here if you need anything and we wish you the very best!

A good tour!

I had a very good tour of Watercrest at Sugar Land. The facility was nice and the tour guide was friendly. It all came down to location, we found another Water crest that was closer.

The stay is going great!

My loved one's stay at Watercrest is going just fine! The facility seems to be well maintained and the staff is polite. My loved one's main concern is that, sometimes, there is little to no food for him to eat, but overall, this is a nice facility.

Terri Lowery

We’re glad to hear your loved one is enjoying our community! Thanks for taking a few moments to share your thoughts. We’re here to help, and would love to sit down and discuss our wonderful dining options in detail. We can assure you there’s plenty of great choices for your loved one to enjoy. Feel free to contact us at your convenience.

Beautiful community

We toured Watercrest at Sugar Land as a model for a newly built Watercrest. It's absolutely gorgeous here and so luxurious! We chose the Watercrest closer to us but this location is a great option.

My tour

I liked this community when we looked at it. The staff we met were nice and they do offer some daily activities. The community is clean and lovely. This community was a little more expensive than what we were looking for.

Terri Lowery

We’re glad to learn you enjoyed your visit to our community! Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. We offer a number of plans and our pricing is among the best in our area. We’d be happy to discuss in more detail and wish you the best in your search!

$$$$ The quoted prices for the apartment do not include services provided at most senior facilities. All services necessary up to some memory care are available but are priced individually. Apartment+meals+housekeeping+linen+washer/dryer++++ resulting in a higher cost.

Terri Lowery

Thanks for taking some time to leave a review. We pride ourselves on offering exceptional activities and amenities, as well as beautiful apartment homes and a continuum of care that provides peace of mind to our residents. We do not, however, offer memory care. Pricing varies, depending on which plan is right for each particular person, and we’d be happy to discuss each option in detail at your convenience. Typically, our pricing tends to be very competitive, and is often lower than other communities in our area.

Jeannette's Review

Wonderful people. Clean facility. Gorgeous decor.

Jeannette's Review

Wonderful people. Clean facility. Gorgeous decor.

A beautiful community!

We really liked the Watercrest at Sugar Land when we toured. The community was clean and all of the staff were very friendly. We made our decision on another community based on location, but this one is a great choice for anyone looking.

Terri Lowery

Thank you for leaving a review! Even though you didn’t choose Watercrest at Sugar Land, we’re happy to know you’re at the end of the decision making process and can move on to the next step in your journey. It’s very thoughtful of you to leave a positive review of our community, which will help others who are searching for the right community to call home. We wish you nothing but the very best!

Pretty Good Tour of This Community

I had a good experience during my tour of this community. This is a nice community, and everyone was very kind. The community looked good from what I saw, everything was nice, and clean. The staff was kind, and courteous. This is nice community with kind people. My tour went well.

Terri Lowery

It’s great to hear that you had a good experience when you visited our community! If we can answer any other questions, please let us know. We really hope we see you again soon! Best of luck to you.

The facility was beautiful and the location was perfect. Staff (and residents) was professional, friendly and helpful. We couldn't find any negatives regarding the property.

Terri Lowery

We’re very pleased to learn that you came away with such a positive impression of our community. As you mentioned, we’re here to help and we look forward to hearing from you again. If you’ve got any questions, please reach out to our team.

They're adjusting!!

The facility is great, the apartment my parents are in is very nice. They provide breakfast and lunch, but no dinner yet. They have mentioned that they will start serving lunch soon. The meals are good and they serve great portions. My parents even take leftovers to snack off of later in the day. The only thing I wish they could improve on is the fact that they don't serve meals at all on Sundays. They have activities on the calendar, it looks fairly full but nothing that has drawn my parents out regularly. My mom likes to do things outside like planting plants I wish they had things like that for activities. The place is clean common areas.

Terri Lowery

Thank you for leaving a review and for sharing your thoughts. There’s almost always an adjustment period following a move to a community like ours, but it sounds like your parents are beginning to feel at home. We’re so glad. If you’ve got specific questions about our dining options, don’t hesitate to reach out. We’ll be happy to discuss in detail.

More Help Could Be Useful

I have been upset with them at times. They really need someone that is there 24/7. No security, it doesn't matter if they are independent or not. I couldn't get anyone to check on mom and she is around the desk, they are not helpful and won't budge from what they are doing. I heard other people complain too. The director doesn't return calls either. It is a nice place and in a good location.

Terri Lowery

We appreciate your comments and would like to do all we can to address each of your concerns. We strive to be helpful and attentive to the needs of our residents and their family members, and it’s unfortunate that your experience doesn’t seem to have reflected that. Please contact us at your earliest convenience so we can discuss the situation and better understand your concerns. All the best to you.

What My Aunt and Uncle Needed

My aunt and uncle are doing great in their new apartment. They toured a couple facilities and liked this community because it was new, it had the 2 bedroom apartment they wanted, and it is not too far from their home and their family. The community is clean and well kept. They are eating the meals that is prepared by the community.

My home

I really like the people here at this community. They can use some help with getting the activities in order and making sure the water system is fixed. The food is good and healthy and the community is kept clean.

Terri Lowery

We appreciate your taking time to share your thoughts about our community. We care deeply about the satisfaction of our residents, and are always pleased to learn that they’re happy. We’d love to learn more about your concerns regarding the various activities we offer, as well as the issue you raised regarding the water. Please feel free to contact us at your earliest convenience to discuss. In the meantime, we’re happy to learn you’re enjoying our wonderful, healthy dining options while living retirement to the fullest at our community.

Worth looking into!!

This was a nice community and the staff we met during our tour were nice. The community was clean and they offer daily activities. The only available rooms were farther away from the dining room so this is why we did not choose this community. This is a larger community.

Terri Lowery

We’re happy to learn that you have such a positive impression of our community! We are sorry, however, to hear that it ultimately wasn’t the right fit. We’d be glad to work with you further to explore some options that might better suit your needs. If we can be of any further assistance, or answer any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. All the best to you!

A Expensive For My Budget

I enjoyed my tour of this community, it was nice. It is a good looking community from what I saw. The staff I met was kind and friendly. My tour guide was informative and very nice. They offer nice activities and good food. It was just a little to expensive for my budget. Other than that it was a nice tour.

Terri Lowery

We’re happy to learn that you had a positive experience touring our community! We understand the important role finances play in the decision to move to a community. As you know, we offer a number of pricing options, and we’re happy to answer any other questions you might have. Feel free to contact us any time!

Nice Meals and Good Activities

My tour went pretty well. I enjoyed the meal they offered me. The staff was kind and courteous. The tour guide was helpful and informative. They offer lovely activities daily. This was one of my top picks. It is a great community, with kind people.

Terri Lowery

We’re glad your tour went well, and we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review! Please don’t hesitate to contact us if we can answer any other questions, or help in any way. We’re glad to know we’re at the top of your list and, if all goes well, we hope to see you taking part in some of the lovely activities you mentioned very soon!

great place

only been here 2 weeks. staff and other residents extremely friendly. we are very happy with the choice we made.

Terri Lowery

Hi Charles! Thanks for taking the time to leave a nice review of our community. There’s nothing quite like the peace of mind you get when you know you’ve made the right choice. We’re so glad you feel that way about your decision to become part of our family.

We haven't heard any complaints so far.

We haven't heard any complaints so far. We liked how new it was. They seem to be happy with it. I would give them a four so far.

Review of Watercrest at Sugarland, TX

Brand new with only 47% occupancy and very much a work-in-progress...but we felt the apartment and villa options would be much more to Mom’s liking. Location is perfect. Easy access to shopping and not far from our house at all. At the top of out short list (for now).

I absolutely love it.

I absolutely love it. The people that work here. The meals. The maintenance. It was the best place we saw hands down. It's a lovely place, everything I have requested they have done right away. They offered a lot in the price as well.

Very Nice Experience

The overall experience has been very nice. I have nothing negative at all to say about the Watercrest facility. I am really happy that my loved is staying there. She is getting acclimated and she likes it.

Great place!

I think they do a wonderful job at Watercrest at Sugarland, I'd rate them 6 out of 5 if I could! It's a very nice looking place, and the staff is so friendly and helpful! They recently got a new activities director, and the the activities program is very impressive! My Dad has settled in well and really seems to be enjoying himself here. I highly recommend them!

need more nursing staff

They need to have more available nursing staff. The nursing staff is limited.

Nice Place

My mother says everybody has treated her very, very well. They are very helpful. Whenever she needs anything, there is always someone there, they are very responsive to her needs. The only concern are the meals. For the most part they are okay, but apparently there are some residents, who complain. Overall, it's a very nice place and the staff is very nice.

One of the main things, being that it's a brand new property, they don't even have office hours and to me that would seem like the time to have some. The main doors close at 8 pm and you can't get in unless you put in the number, and it's just a little hard to get use to. It's safe in that respect, its just hard to get things to her when we need too. It's a new property, so i'm sure there's a lot of kinks to work out, it just hasn't been as smooth a transition as we hoped. But my mother likes all her the residents she has met so far.

Experience the warmth, elegance, and opportunities that await you at Watercrest at Sugar Land, a luxurious independent retirement community. Watercrest is dedicated to creating a friendly and hassle-free living environment where residents can enjoy all the benefits of a safe, attractive, and surprisingly affordable lifestyle. Watercrest is a truly unique place where you can live life on your terms, while knowing that there is no higher standard than the incredible services and amenities we offer. Discover the difference of Watercrest at Sugar Land.