The Village of Tanglewood - Houston, TX

Pricier than similar property services & amenities. Nice well maintained property.

A tour for comfort.

We toured this community for a place to call home. The staff was able to answer the questions we had on the care that this community offers. We liked the menu and the good activities that would have been available. The community is clean and a nice environment to enjoy. We would recommend the good value for other families.

No outdoor activities or green space for me to wander. Their answer was a YMCA across a busy street and that a park is nearby.

Small Community offers Benefits

The Village of Tanglewood is a lovely place. The lobby, dining room, library and courtyard are stunning and reminded me of a beautiful hotel. The residents seem happy and were engaged with the staff and each other. The community is small which, provides a family atmosphere.

Knowledgeable Tour Guide!!

The staff in the community were very nice and attentive. I took a tour of this place. The guide gave me all the necessary information to make a decision about my grandfather moving to the community. The meal plans were explained as well as the activities offered. Unfortunately the community didn't meet our needs. Overall, it was a great place with nice staff.

Beautiful and elegant Independent living.

So far so good

So far so good since my mother has moved into The Village of Tanglewood. The community has lovely amenities, very nice place. The staff there works very hard to help residents aclimate to their move. They go above and beyond to make sure things go as smooth as possible.

At the top of our list

Very beautiful. It is everything we could want in out retirement. Mary [removed ] cold not have been more helpful. She explained everything clearly, and gave us a tour of the facilities and rooms. Definitely at the top of our list.

I Like It

They have been very responsive to all my requests and have changed anything I've asked. The dining room is top quality, like eating at a top quality restaurant. The food is very good and the service is good too. I like it.

Great location and nice amenities.

So rude. This community wouldn't let a member have her entire family of 15 over for thanksgiving. Not a family friendly atmosphere. Very uninviting. They charge enough to live there.

Balconies available. Close ...

Balconies available. Close to Houston. Galleria Area

It has been a week since move in. Pe...

It has been a week since move in. People already living there seem to be happy. The care providers seem to be pleasant, competent and very helpful. It has not been long enough to draw any real conclusions.

Perfection

The Building - extremely pleasant and clean surroundings, furnishings, gardens, easy to navigate.

The Staff - Professional, well informed, very friendly and supportive.

The Dining Room - Starched white linens, professional wait staff, excellent food taste and quality.

The apartments - Clean, well designed.

The social functions - Never ending!

[removed] We placed my 94 year old mother in law here with complete ease of mind. From my first visit to present, I have had not one bad experience. Staff in all areas go out of their way to help us navigate this most difficult time. We know we now have a tremendous support system at Village of Tanglewood.

Great feel.

Great feel.

Like set-up and amenities-

Like set-up and amenities-

Liked it alot.

Liked it alot.

“Providing excellent service, a professional approach and a willingness to go the extra mile every day allows our team to surpass other retirement communities.” Located in a distinctive neighborhood, The Village of Tanglewood is a five story mid-rise community with easy access to theaters, the arts and the Texas Medical Center. We are located west of the Galleria near the intersection of San Felipe.

Every apartment in our five-story community includes a private balcony with views of the Galleria and our rose garden in the courtyard overlooking the beautiful Tanglewood neighborhood. Each apartment includes a full kitchen with granite countertops, a washer and dryer, crown molding, nine-foot ceilings and a walk-in closet. Our community is enclosed under one roof with easy access to our dining room, activity rooms, pool, and exercise facilities.

Our award-winning Signature Programs offer a wide variety of top-notch programs and services to enhance our residents’ living experience. Our dining programs feature a restaurant-style menu prepared by our team of chefs using fresh and healthy ingredients. Residents enjoy a superb dining experience in our beautiful dining room. They can also enjoy a Sunday buffet with friends and family. We also have a private dining room for our residents to entertain guests.

Our resident programs provide opportunities for residents to maintain an engaged lifestyle, pursue their interests, continue to learn, make friends and have fun. Among the residents’ favorite activities are group excursions, cultural events, entertainment programs, lectures, and fitness classes.

Our residents are encouraged to share memories and participate in programs that allow them to continue their life stories. Our professional staff is dedicated to the wellness of each of our residents. We celebrate their individual accomplishments and strive to make them feel at home in their community.