Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

This is a troubled neighbourhood for Ottawa. No.

This residence is 20 yrs old and has converted 18 story highrise into a senior residence. located close to IKEA. This residence promotes apartment like condo living by providing full cooking facilities in each of the apartments for the independents. Therefore their pricing does not include meals as they are assuming the resident wants to cook their own meals. Does lots of activities including Maple camps. has access to a pool. all apartments have a balcony
NEGATIVE: Parks are 2 blocks away, no place to walk on the residence,

This facility was an apartment building that has been converted to a seniors residence. The building is very clean despite the ongoing construction. The menu was attractive with several options including (At an extra cost) more exotic fare for birthdays and celebrations. Persons needing more care and assistance have their own floor but are in no way restricted in their movements around the building.

Rooms were nice. Seemed a bit busy downstairs and not as open as I would have liked. Not as keen on the community it is in. I did really like the dog that they had there and I think other residents enjoyed having a dog.

First impressions

I have only been here a few days but my reaction is very positive. Everyone is very friendly and all my requests to staff were handled promptly and efficiently.

Very good care, accommodation, and food.

April was extremely accommodating. She allowed me to take photos for my mother on my first visit to the Redwoods. When we arrived, she had replaced the easy chair with a chair that was more appropriate for my mothers needs.

Mum enjoys the meals, which are a good variety and sensible portions. The housekeeping staff are wonderful and come in daily to see if she needs anything. She also gets help with her shower. Her only complaint was that the shower room was not available during renovations. However, the staff offered her help which proved satisfactory.

Overall, we are well please with her respite care. My sisters and I are relieved that she is in a retirement home that she likes and in which she feels well taken care of.

Very good care, accommodation and food.

April was extremely accommodating. She allowed me to take photos for my mother on my first visit to the Redwoods. When we arrived she had replaced the easy chair with a chair that was more appropriate for my mothers needs.

Mum enjoys the meals, a good variety and sensible portions. The housekeeping staff are wonderful and come in daily to see if she needs anything. She also gets help with her shower. Her only complaint was that the shower room was not available during renovations. However, the staff offered her help which proved satisfactory.

Overall, we are well please with her respite care. My sisters and I are relieved that she is in a retirement home she likes and in which she feels well taken care of.

Newly renovated retirement community conveniently located in West Ottawa. Choice of several suite styles in varying price ranges with full kitchens and balconies. Join our friendly and active community for Chef prepared meals and an activities program to meet everyone’s interests. Our health and wellness program with nurse available 24/7 if needed, offers assistance in living, peace of mind and services to keep you active and feeling your best! Meet for ice cream, or martinis in the Fireside Lounge, swim in our heated salt water pool or join a game of Bridge in the card room. There is always fun to be had! The service you deserve with care when you needed it!