Sycamore Glen Retirement - Chico, CA

Review of Sycamore Glen Retirement - Chico, CA

My mom moved into this community in January 2018. So far she and our family have been impressed with the responsiveness of the staff as well as the quality and upkeep of the facilities.

Hi Colleen,
Thank you for your kind words. We are so happy that your mother has chosen to make Sycamore Glen her home.

Thorough and compassionate medical care

While visiting my mom on a recent weekend, I discovered that a new resident down the hall had fallen in her apartment and was unable to pick herself up.
[Removed], on duty at the front desk, came to her rescue immediately. She was quick, but calm, efficient and thorough. Rather than simply helping her up [Removed] told the woman she wanted to request a medical evaluation of her condition.
[Removed] professionalism and her compassion was most impressive. I am grateful to know she’d take as good care of my mom if need be.

Thank you, Cathy!

Great staff!
Great support!

Stephanie Johnson

Thank you for your kind words, Steve.

Friendly, great staff and manager. Excellent choice of food.

Stephanie Johnson

Thank you for your kind review Harriet.

Very impressed. Helpful personnel, friendly people, good food, large spacious apartment.

Stephanie Johnson

Thank you for your kind review Marilyn.

Sycamore Glen is Fabulous

My Mother has resided at Sycamore Glen for one year. The facility is beautiful & welcoming inside and out (and well maintained). Every staff member I have had contact with is kind, helpful, knowledgeable, and professional. My Mom has stated she feels the same way. The food is great - lots of choices. Ask the Staff about their activities program - it's quite robust. My Mom's apartment is a studio and the perfect size for her. She was able to move her favorite pieces of furniture and arrange them nicely. I love her shower area. There are several hand bars (I think three), which gives both my Mom & I reassurance that she can safely enter & exit her shower. If you are considering a facility for Independent Seniors, go visit. Talk to the staff. In my opinion, Sycamore Glen is Fabulous.

Stephanie Johnson

Thank you, Lori, for your kind words. We are thrilled to learn that the two of you are so happy with your mother living at Sycamore Glen.

A Celebratory Place to Live!

I cannot say enough great things about Sycamore Glen. The facility offers a lot of light and space for interaction, the staff is happy and helpful and there are many services and activities to keep things dynamic and interesting. My Mother has lived there a few years now and continues to share that Sycamore Glen is a very celebratory place to live. As her daughter, I am grateful for the staff and environment!
Thank you Sycamore Glen!

Stephanie Johnson

Thank you for your kind words, Michele. We are so happy to have your mother with us at Sycamore Glen.

Highly Recommend

I waited a full month after my dad moved into Sycamore Glen to give this review. Leading up to move in they were excellent, but you never know until you move in how things will really go. Well, its been just about a week and one month and my dad is VERY happy, as is our whole family.

I was a bit worried about how the residence would greet someone new, but my worries were quickly eliminated. Everyone from any staff member I have encountered, along with the tenants. Everyone meets you with a smile and hello. Some were very curious if we were moving in or out on move day, and they were happy to have someone new moving in.

My dad loves the meals. The only thing he has to worry about is gaining weight, as he admitted that he was over eating and going a bit overboard during meal time since its all included. The initial kid in a candy store has subsided now and he's being a bit more responsible in his meal choices.

He's made some friends already, which is an absolute thrill for us as he lived alone in his last apartment building and did not venture out much. With meal time he is forced to go to the dining room 3 times a day. Which is good for him not only for interaction but to walk a bit each day.

He is excited about Tai Chi, though I don't think he's attended a session yet. I see a lot of activities when I go to visit, like bingo, card games everyday with groups of residence, saw them take an outing to a casino, and many more. My dad hasn't attended anything yet but I'm sure he will soon.

I am very grateful we found this great atmosphere. It is clean, the room had new carpet and flooring in the kitchen area, and the closet is huge. The space is small but actually perfect for him. No need to grocery shop (at least not much at all, he likes to snack at night) is huge. He has all he needs.

[Removed] was especially helpful getting us in and making sure everything went smooth.

I will highly recommend to anyone and hopefully we will be able to move mom at some point in the future (mom and dad have been friends for many years, despite being divorced for the last 25).

Stephanie Johnson

Thank you for your kind words, Ray. We are so happy to have your father living with us at Sycamore Glen. Your mother has been here to visit already!

Perfect home away from home

I found it is a perfect fit for my sister from Fl. who became a widow. She has a sister & other relatives in the area to be near. Its a happy welcoming safe place, clean & helpful, activities of interest, Located in a small city with a college.On our first visit we knew it would be her new home.

Stephanie Johnson

Thank your for your kind words. We appreciate your confidence in us.

Wonderful place to live

Very caring, friendly staff. Great food and great parties! The atmosphere is comfortable and homey.

Home Sweet Home

My Mom moved into Sycamore Glen about 1 year ago and her only regret is that she didn't move there sooner. The facilities, staff, food and activities are first class. My Mom has made new friends of other residents and also there families. We have visited and stayed with her several times and can't believe how nice everyone is - both the residents and staff. Best thing is my Mom is the happiest I seen her in years and extremely active.

Hi DMcCalla,
Thank you for your kind words. We are thrilled that your mother chose to make Sycamore Glen her home.

My mother is happy now!

My mother has been a resident of Sycamore Glen for over a year now. Her experience there has far exceeded our expectations. It took her a while to get used to being pampered and taken care of so well, but she loves it there and is very happy. It feels good to us to see how she's thrived since she's been there; eating well and socializing. Her every need is being met. Thank you so much!

Stephanie Johnson

Thank you, Deborah, for your kind review. We are so happy that your mother has chosen to make Sycamore Glen her home.

Our favorite!

Good to read! Thank you!

A Beautiful Community I Would Highly Recommend

My father in law is doing great here at this community. They are taking good care of him, they are always willing to help. The community is beautiful, it looks like a cruise ship out of the water. The staff is wonderful. Everything has worked out very well. This is a community I would highly recommend.

Food is really good

My brother really likes it. Hes becoming involved with activities and says food is really good.

The reason for this choice was price, one of the la gets studios and the shape was the real factor-bed could be put away from the main living area.

Sycamore Glen was beautiful. The fac...

Sycamore Glen was beautiful. The facility was decorated very nicely and homey. The rooms only offered studio and 1 bedrooms. Also they only had kitchenettes with a small refrigerator and 1 burner stove and no oven.

Located amid the tree filled beauty and serenity of Chico, California. Sycamore Glen blends sophisticated services with resort style ambiance as Butte County's premiere Active Senior Community. Our warm, friendly, and professionally trained staff has established a fine reputation for providing the highest quality of services and hospitality.

Enjoy All Day Dining in our Fountain Café. Whenever your hunger strikes you may join us for your choice of over 30 different options from our full menu.

Sycamore Glen offers a choice of studio and one bedroom apartments designed for maximum comfort, security, and convenience. In each spacious unit you will find a kitchenette, walk-in closet, and a private patio.

Activity programs offer options for socializing with friends and neighbors. Trips to symphonies, plays, and restaurants are offered throughout the month. Cards and crafts, exercise and movies, weekly happy hour socials, live musical groups provide opportunities to sit back and be entertained or engage in active participation. Our beautifully landscaped grounds include four courtyards with a putting green, beautiful fountains, gazebo, and a fish pond, walking paths, with sitting areas, a flower and vegetable garden. An upstairs movie theatre, game and exercise room, and a library also promote an atmosphere of community spirit.