River Commons Senior Living - Redding, CA

I had already seen these apartments. Compared to the other two estates, they were quite small. The only good I see with them is that they are across the street from the va and the security offered

Excellent tour. Great people. I am very excited to get moved

Great experience

My in-laws have been at Rver Oaks for less than 2 weeks, but we have been very happy with everything there so far. I looked at the other retirement homes in the area and met with their representatives. River Oaks stood out in many ways.

It is clean and well-maintained. It has beautiful grounds, great food and a wonderful staff. The management/owners do not mislead or put undue pressure on families trying to care for their elderly loved ones. There are no hidden fees. We are so grateful for River Oaks and the care they provide.

Review of River Oaks Retirement - Redding, CA

all artificial lighting. brian not a gentleman walked ahead of me at all times only stood next to me at elevator. didnt give me much info had to keep asking questions. nothing like hilltop estates...even occupants were not as friendly and was not introduced to anyone we passed although he said hello to them. even at elevators he spoke to occupants but did not introduce me....

A new home for Mom....

Our family spent some time reviewing and touring the retirement/independent living facilities in the Redding area with our Mom. (The introductions by A Place for Mom were very helpful.) My mom is still quite independent (was still living by herself in her home), but at 90 years old there was a growing comfort in knowing that she could be located in a place where there was someone available to help, if needed, on a 24/7 basis. My Mom was the one who made the ultimate decision of where to go and she has been very happy with her choice. The main factors that swayed the decision to River Oaks included 1) it is privately-owned and has been operated by the same owners for a long time; 2) anticipated annual increases were significantly lower than the others; and 3) there is only one "seated" meal. Breakfast and dinner are served cafeteria-style. This might not be a big deal for some, but my Mom did not want to have to spend that much time in her day seated for meals! She has been there since mid-November and settled in so quickly. The staff is so friendly and the residents seem extremely happy. I find myself still somewhat surprised how smoothly and well everything went, including her acclimation to her new home.

HAPPY AND SAFE!!!!!

My Mom and Dad moved into a 2bdr apartment at River Oaks a year ago. Six months later my father passed away. River Oaks was unbelievably supportive and helped us get Mom into a 1bdr right across the hall from where they were. Mom loves her apartment....she has a beautiful view of the west mountains and enjoys the sunsets.

From the first day my husband and I walked into River Oaks for a tour we noticed how clean everything was and how all the staff acknowledged us. We knew right away this was the place for Mom and Dad. We enjoyed the noon meal which is the "main meal". It was very good and the portions were just the right size. We sat down and noticed when the residents sat at their tables the staff came by each table and took the walkers and parked them in the other room and when they were done the staff brought their walkers back to them. The first week mom and dad were there we ate with them a lot. From the first day we all ate at River Oaks the staff knew all of our names. I was amazed!

River Oaks has a great activity program and the director is fantastic. Trips to doctors, shopping (both grocery and the Mall), out to lunch to different restaurants and 2 or 3 times a month they go for "just a ride" (which Mom loves as she's not from this area). There are a lot of activities during the week to choose from. For every holiday they have a buffet and program which the families are encouraged to attend for a minimal fee. My husband and I have attended every one of them and we have a fantastic time.

The most important part of having my Mom at River Oaks is knowing that she is safe and if she doesn't show up for a meal or an activity she is usually at they immediately call her or go to her apartment to check on her.

AWESOME

My In-Laws were residents of River Oaks for 7 years. Our all around experience was EXCELLENT. The Staff were ALWAYS welcoming and accommodating. We were regular guests of their FUN and FESTIVE Banquets, the staff went ABOVE and BEYOND with the food and entertainment. I would HIGHLY recommend River Oaks Retirement Community..

River Commons located in beautiful Redding, Ca, is nestled between the Cascades and the Trinity Alps. With its natural beauty, abundance of recreational opportunities, and excellent quality of life, Redding successfully combines the ambiance of a small town with the amenities of a large city. We are located just minutes from shopping and dining, Redding also has two regional hospitals with state of the art treatment facilities.
River Commons is truly luxury living for the independent senior. We offer a variety of floor plans, each with secure interior hallway entrances, designed with seniors in mind. We offer 24/7 emergency response service, our loving and attentive staff is here to help in any way.
The all-inclusive month to month rent covers your private apartment, all utilities, daily chef-prepared meals using fresh ingredients, weekly housekeeping service, basic cable TV, and scheduled transportation. We also offer a wide variety of activities and outings. From bingo to picnics, we love to have fun!
River Commons provides a fun, fulling, independent lifestyle. Come join our family and “Worry Less, Smile More”.