The person was professional and very pleasant, friendly and informative. The lunch was excellent and the people there were real nice

I definitely recommend

I like this property, for the price and the accommodations it’s great. It’s a nice looking place, they provide three meals a day, they have power and cable, and the only thing that my loved one needed is her phone and housekeeping. The staff is very friendly, reliable, and communicative. I definitely recommend.

Care for family

I toured this community for care for my sister. The staff were helpful and were able to answer the questions we had on the care that is available here. The community was nice and clean, but we wanted a location that was closed. We would recommend this community for other families.

Friendly, welcoming and sincere staff and environment.

Staff very informative and friendly. Like the way they interact with residents. Residents seem happy being there. Made a great impression at first tour.

I Am Doing Fine

I am doing fine at this community. The staff are nice and kind people too. I think the food does not taste good. It seems like institutional food. It is not good quality food and made with too much starch. There is not enough vegetables served and I have not seen a dietitian here.

My Sister Is Doing Very Well

I have my sister living at this community and so far she is doing great. The community is always clean and well maintained everywhere. The staff are so far helpful, friendly and attentive. My sister has enjoyed the many activities offered like Wii Sports and arts and crafts. I have joined in on a meal with my sister and we think it's very good, cooked properly and fresh. My experience has been good, everyone is friendly and I would recommend this community.

Best choice in Redding area

The reception was great for my Dad to experience. There were no surprises and the staff have gone out of their way to make his new home feel comfortable. His favorite part was the food and their great menu choices.

Retire here

Everything is really nice except the food. Not good selections for the elderly. High in sugar and calories.

Very Pleased

I am very pleased with everything and my father is adjusting well and I have nothing bad to say about this community. The place is nice and the staff is friendly and helpful. Overall things are well.

Review of Hilltop Estates - Redding, CA

expensive to move in but have not thought of anything negative about the place or the staff

My mother-in-laws move

My mother-in-law loves Hilltop Estates. She didn't want to leave her home, but it was time to move on. They made her move very pleasurable for her and us.

ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES

This is an excellent facility for our older friends and relatives. It has everything needed for a safe and very
pleasant environment. A luxurious place to make everyone
feel at home and special. I have not seen a single staff
member, as I have visited almost daily for 2 weeks, who
hasn't had a smile and a cheerful greeting. The management is very caring. The dining room is lovely with a selection to choose from each meal with fresh snacks
available 24 hours. Each room in the apartments has an
emergency cord to pull for any accidents that may occur.
My friend fell and called me at two in the morning, not
knowing what to do. I stayed on the line after they pulled the emergency cord and someone was there in 3 minutes
to tend to them and get medical care. The price is VERY
reasonable and includes linens and housekeeping.

Elaine was awesome she made me feel she cared. I really like the facility and felt Elaine took time to answer all of my questions and show me around.

fab suited need of family affordable and the staff was very very friendly said he would recommend to others as well said the cleanliness is a 5 star rating said the facility was very clean in and out gave the friendliness a 5 star rating as well said the people there are very nice gave the value a 5 star rating said that its a very good place

Hilltop

My mom has been at Hilltop Estates for a little over 3 months. Everyone there is so friendly and the food is great. The is definitely enjoying her new home.

very friendly

The people at Hilltop Estates were very friendly and very compassionate about the situation, and willing to do whatever they could to be helpful. They were very accommodating and willing to go out of their way to help out in any way possible.

Most Gracious friendly staff

Every staff member I met and spoke with was friendly. The community seemed happy and relaxed.
Day before move in my mother threw schedule off etc.And needed to back out of contract. Holiday was kind enough to accommodate us most graciously.
Thank you Hilltop Estates.

Watch out for rent increases

My biggest Issue with this facility, well with Holiday Retirement as a whole is that they present the place as a reasonable cost alternative by showing you how much you spend now (living independently) etc as compared to how much it costs to live there. That would be fine but what what they don't tell you or even hint at until you're there is that they increase the rent at an outrageous rate EVERY year. Then you are trapped and all previous computations no longer apply. (Mortgage payments don't increase, and other expenses at home increase but not at the rate of their increases).
To move an elderly person is a HUGE thing and often disorienting so in the case with my Dad, we just keep paying the increases and hoping we don't run out of money.
I don't deny businesses the right to make a profit but they raise the rent at a rate they would never get away with if the residents were younger so I consider it fiscal abuse of elders. They have no shame about their policy or the fact that they outright omit rent increases in their worksheet given to prospective residents to help them see if they can afford the place LONG TERM.
My hands are tied at the moment with my Dad having Alzheimer's but when it becomes necessary to move him to a care facility, I plan to be quite vocal and do everything I can to warn prospective victims what they are getting in to.
I found it interesting that Holiday does not own facilities in rent-controlled areas. I feel they cross the line between profit and scam.

Poor management

With a loved one here for a long time, we saw the care go from a 5 to a 1. That is strictly the management. The former managers were terrific, engaging and caring.

The current management is indifferent and tried to avoid contact and assistance when requested. Tom and his wife seemed to have the most "avoidance" techniques. Management seemed more concerned with "selling" a new package of care to avoid future rent increases. There was a total reluctance to even engage in conversation so they wouldn't be asked to do anything. They were strictly "hands off" and it was like an apartment building.

Yes, this is an "Independent Living" facility. However, when almost all of the residents are in their 80's or 90's, management must be more alert and aware, and that comes with communication and observations of the residents.

We were afraid that if our family member died, no one would check or know about if for days.

The place looks good and is clean. Though, for an "Independent" living place, it has that "old people" smell when you walk in the door. I don't know how you would resolve that though.

The rooms are good sized, clean and the food is good. I believe this is a safe place. The staff is friendly and helpful. The management is the only component that appears to be indifferent to residents.

I think that with a change they might be able to regain their better ratings.

I would not recommend this place for a family member.

Really friendly staff, resi...

Really friendly staff, residents seem very happy and content. Clean and very nicely maintained.

Friendly and Comfortable

It's friendly and very comfortable for my dad. He doesn't like the food but anytime I've eaten there ti's been good. I think Hilltop Estates is great. They have movie nights and they have various outings but my dad is not a very social person so I know he doesn't participate much, to his determent, I'm sure but it's his choice. I think it's a good place with a good value.

Good Activites and Friendly Staff

It's expensive but we chose it for the activities, the friendliness, the 3 meals a day and the fact that they do clean the room and change the sheets and do that kind of thing. My aunt seems to like it there and the location is really good for me.

Outstanding!

Outstanding!

New Management

I feel like the A Place for Mom recommendation for Hilltop Estates was excellent initially. We needed a place and we were on a short time frame. Since then there has been new management and there are some growing pains. I don't really have any complaints about them and overall it is a pretty good community.

Totally independent

They are under new management and there is a lot of staff changes going on which has been upsetting and confusing to some of the residents. The serving staff in the dining area is very friendly and they know the residents by name. Some of the management staff are not as friendly. The food is adequate when you are cooking for 90-100 people. They do have alternate choices if you do not wish to eat main meal. They do try to accommodate. If you don't go to the dining room there is a cut off time for food to be delivered to your room. I would recommend this community to anyone who is totally independent and will need zero assistance.

Top Notch Food

My brother-in-law is there and I have a good feeling about it so far. Compared to what I was paying for my mother, it's a great value. It's independent living so they cook and provide utilities and things like that but there isn't really care. I ate seven meals while I was there with him and every one of them was very good. There's a good variety too. Top notch food-wise!

Based on feedback from my brother-in-law, he seems to be enjoying it. He talked about going on a bus trip to the movies. He's happy.

I was really, really happy with the assistance that I got from Hilltop. They were so helpful! They made him comfortable, got him fixed up and ready to go. The quality of the room are really nice and it's in a nice neighborhood.

Perched atop a hill with stunning views of nearby Mt. Shasta, you’ll love our beautifully landscaped grounds and elegant facilities while enjoying all the conveniences of the nearby community. We’re just minutes from shopping, healthcare, dining and many wonderful local attractions.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind