The Residence at Glen Riddle - Media, PA

The Residence at Glen Riddle

My mom has been there for about 7 months and we have been very happy with the staff. We have had some things that required attention but the staff has always been responsive. No place is perfect but being able to work with staff is very important! The residence is kept clean and the property well maintained. Very close to the hospital.

Did not care for this one, the memory care floor smelled as soon as we entered it.

Very informative visit. Staff would speak with residents by name when they encountered them. Viewed MC facility and very clean. Staff appears to be very motivated.

Excellent Staff In This Community

This community is working out well for my father, and his needs. I know he is safe, and in good hands. I would give the staff the highest ratings. They are kind when I visit, and have been very helpful whenever needed. They do a good with cleanliness around the community. The meals are so-so, but there a good activities available. This is a community I would recommend to my family, and friends.

A good place to look at

We considered this community when we were looking. The staff we met were friendly and the community did seem clean. The community we chose, however was brighter than this community. The cost of this community was a little higher than the community we chose.

This was a clean and friendly environment with almost everything on one floor. Mom does not like elevators!!!!

Would not recommend

Staff is very unprofessional, dark and dingy like others said. Poor, understaffed memory unit.

Mom enjoys living at The Residence

Mom has had no complaints about this community. I am impressed with their assistance. The staff are wonderful and mom likes that they know her by name. The food is good and they offer daily activities. They offer two week respite stays. This community is in a nice location and I would recommend it.

Wonder about attention to residents

My initial impression was that the place was dark although it looks like some updates have been made recently. I was discouraged to see aides (nurses?) on cell phones while I was there and overheard one of the staff be very rude to a woman in a wheelchair who was asking for help.
If this is what happens when guests are visiting, what is going on when family members aren't present? I would not feel my mom was being treated respectfully if I or a family member wasn't with her all of the time.

Pleasant Tour

I had a pleasant tour of this community, It is a nice place with kind people. From what I saw everything looked nice and clean. The staff I met was kind and friendly. My questions were answered, and they were also informative. It was a nice experience, but it wasn't the community for my mother.

Our Tour

When I toured the community I noticed that it was a bit darker. It needed some more natural light. However, the people were great and it was a lovely place to tour. It may have been suitable but the community was not in an ideal location for us.

My mother stayed her for respite care while we went away for a week. They took excellent care of her and it gave us a nice break since she lives with us. We take care of her 24/7 since 2004.

The Residence felt dark and dingy!!

This community seemed awful during our tour. The room they showed us was a very small one bedroom that they were also using as a shared room. We were there around dinner time and the residents were not able to get into the dining room as it was locked. They had them lined up along the wall and it seemed depressing.

Wonderful Staff

The Residence At Glen Riddle has been a great place for my mom. The staff is wonderful. Everyone has been very attentive to my mom's needs. My family and I have been very pleased with this personal care facility.

mom journey

my mom has been at the residence for five + years.everyone from management to staff and food service has been very interested in moms well being.my brothers and i are very pleased with the care and attention mom recieves.the room and facilities are also kept in good order and are clean. thnk you

a good place

The Residence at Glen Riddle is a good place. There are a lot of good things about it however there are some down sides. The person that is in there is outgoing and social person under regular circumstances. They put him in memory care because they felt he needed it. He is so in between categories that it is difficult. He has become slow in walking but he is mobile with his walker. He is just so really borderline. The director is wonderful at that place. She goes about and looks in on the residents. A lot of the personnel are very good too. The staff has been wonderful about working with me. I think they do a good job. Almost any time I have mentioned anything that needs correcting they are right on it.

People Who Give of Themselves

I have been remiss in writing a good review for The Residence at Glen Riddle. My family member has been there for several years and I have to say the staff is always willing to accommodate any requests we make. The level of care and the responsiveness of the management team make us feel like part of one big family.

Until you have to find a facility for a family member, you really don't think about the little things that become so important....staff hugging and kissing your loved one; meals brought at no charge to their apartments when they are sick; administration helping suggest ways to help conserve resources; the wellness staff being willing to talk to you at any time and the welcoming feeling when you walk in the door are just things you can't put a price on.

The Residence at Glen Riddle has done that for me and other families I speak with time and time again.

I looked at many places for my family member and am grateful every day that I found the kind people at The Residence at Glen Riddle!

No good

Horrible assistance. Not worth your moeny at all

Helene Price

I am so sorry you have not brought your concerns to our Executive Director or our Assistant Executive Director, nor felt the need to share your name or contact information so we could address any issues you might have. Our doors are always open to family members and our tours always address questions. Please feel free to come and contact us personally as our residents and their families are always our primary focus!
Director of Community Relations

very good

We had a very good experience with The Residence at Glen Riddle. It was a very difficult experience overall to go through, and they really helped out. It is a very nice facility and they really do an excellent job.

Staff is very professional. Clean, food is well above average.
Nursing staff always is on top of my mothers issues. I feel very comfortable of them taking care of her.

Helene Price

Thank you for visiting our website and posting your kind review! Our management team and staff work very hard to ensure the safety and well being of each of our residents and we truly appreciate it when families let us know we are meeting and (hopefully) exceeding their expectations!

Not the best of care.

Friendly Atmosphere

The Residence at Glen Riddle is very nice. It has a friendly atmosphere. It's very clean. They seem to be pretty accommodating. There are a lot of activities. Everything has been going smoothly.

should give better "assistance" to the ones in greater need. people should not be slouched over in chairs ALL day. how many staff members just walk by. People who have a hard time eating should be helped. If food is all over them and the floor, they obviously need help. instead of sitting in a chair yourself staring, give them a hand.

Helene Price

Thank you for your candor and your comments. We are very proud of the service we provide to each and every resident here. Often visitors do no completely comprehend the needs of the residents they are seeing, or the health issues a specific individual is facing. We have an open door policy and invite you to come and speak with our Executive Director or our Assistant Executive Director at any time about any concerns you may have.

Did not seem to have enough staff. Clients just sitting in a row in a hall with no stimulus. Viewed a room and it reaked of urine.

Great Experience!

My experience at The Residence of Glen Riddle has been great. I can't choose just one team member. I have to say each and every employee working at The Residence goes above and beyond their duties. From the management staff that goes out of their way to please you as a family member, the workers are always happy and willing to help out with any situation a resident or family member may have. One last thing, the care given to each and every resident there is wonderful.

Can't Thank You Enough!

I can't thank the staff at The Residence enough for what they have done not only for my grandmother, but for our family! Everyone has been awesome! They take care of everything and help with anything requested. I know they are taking care of my grandmother and she is safe, fed, with good company and is enjoying herself! Can't thank you enough!

Excellent!! Choice of share...

Excellent!! Choice of shared or private room. Room cost appealing but add-on costs are concerning. Location is very good.

Happy with our decision

The staff is great. My mom is in the memory care unit and they really try to keep her occupied. From what I have observed, no one goes back to their rooms after lunch. There are games or music, dancing and I'm not sure what else.
Their meals are good and everyone congregates into the dining room with all their new friends.
So far, this has been a wise decision.

I enjoyed the tour. The co...

I enjoyed the tour. The community is well managed. The admission staff was excellent. The memory care community was spacious. One conern that I have is that the facility is under new management. Does this mean an increase in costs.

Mom has had numerous visits to this h...

Mom has had numerous visits to this home during work visits. Likes the joint.

When the time comes this is our numbe...

When the time comes this is our number 1 choice

There are assisted living facilities. And then there’s The Residence. One reason why The Residence is such a special place to live is that we understand every family wants the very best for loved ones.

As a company that is family-operated, our commitment is to each resident individually - providing the kind of compassionate companionship, respect and integrity we would expect for members of our own family. At the same time, we make sure every resident enjoys all life has to offer, taking part in a wide assortment of supervised activities while enjoying the finest accommodations.

In addition to our unparalleled amenities, The Residence offers health care services, such as an on-site wellness clinic. Physical, speech and occupational therapies specifically designed for the needs of seniors are available through local agencies. The Residence - there’s no other assisted living experience quite like it. Welcome Home!