Brandywine Living at Haverford Estates - Haverford, PA

Brandywine Living at Haverford Estates - Haverford, PA has yet not published prices.

The perfect solution for Assisted Living!

Brandywine Living At Haverford Estates, 731 Old Buck Ln, Haverford, PA 19041 is the perfect solution for my Mom. This beautiful estate truly provides a home atmosphere without the clinical feel. The Executive Director's outstanding leadership, Wellness Director's exceptional care with Licensed nurses ON-SITE (not on-call) 24/7, fun activities daily provided, delicious and nutritious food options (available all day), and the charming personality of the Director of Community Relations have exceeded my expectations. My Mom loves this place!

[Removed]

MainLines Best Kept Secret in Senior Living and Luxery Hotel Style Respite Stays

Who would have thought that a little over a year ago that I would find the perfect retirement setting for my mom? It didn’t happen easily, as my mom, Ann moved from one place to another before settling happily into her apartment at Brandywine Senior Living at Haverford.
It was a very circuitous route as she began this journey. My mom was a very independent woman, who at 91 was still driving, getting out every day, and enjoying her very spacious apartment in Plymouth Meeting. She and I went out for lunch every week and enjoyed a variety of shopping adventures.
In December of 2013, my mom started feeling ill, and we had an appointment to see a gastroenterologist right after the New Year. But on New Year’s Day, she dialed 911 and was taken Einstein Hospital in East Norriton, where she had major surgery and spent the next 6 weeks in the hospital. When her 6 week stay came to an end, the only rehab room available was in Wayne. Bothe hospital and the rehab center were 45 minute rides each way from where I live in Bala Cynwyd.
My mom’s experience in Wayne was far from perfect, and she did not thrive. We thought we were losing her. A close friend who worked at a retirement community in Wilmington suggested she move there. This community had separate facilities for independent, and assisted living, and skilled nursing care. My mom moved into the skilled nursing section and had a lovely double room. Eventually, she gained weight was thriving. She seemed ready to be moved to the assisted living part of the community. I was very disappointed to learn that my mom was not qualified to move to that level, because she had not bought into the community. There were a few activities, an occasional van ride to local sites, and movies shown on a regular basis. Now I was driving once week to Delaware to see her, and before I saw her almost every day. When I did visit I took her out for lunch and tried to plan something fun for us to do.
It was on one of my visits that my mom said she wanted to move closer to me and be near her “own kind of people”. WOW, I thought. I’d better find the info I had gathered earlier, when it seemed like maybe she shouldn’t be living alone anymore. The two on top of my list were [different community name] in Plymouth Meeting, still a far ride, The [different community name] and Brandywine Assisted Living, 15 minutes from my home. I remembered that [different community name] seemed quiet with not a lot going on and [different community name] was overwhelming. My recollection of Brandywine was much different, it boasted a welcoming atmosphere, Boutique feel, equipped with a Bistro for snacks and beverages, activities in the main living room and people engaged in a variety of activities in other activity rooms that I passed while touring, a movie theatre, fine dining and a beautiful Courtyard. It was a “no Brainer”. I made an appointment immediately to have a “serious” second look.
As I walked in the door, Janis, the concierge, gave me a big smile and welcome and introduced me to Lani, the Director of Admissions. This time I looked at available apartments (there weren’t too many) and learned a great deal more about the facility. There was a completely furnished apartment which was used as the model, but could be available with the furniture. By then, I was sold, and we talked about logistics. I left a deposit which was good for 2 weeks and made an appointment to bring my mom back in a few days. I called my mom and told her I found her “new home”.
When we returned for her visit, we were greeted on a first name basis, not by Janis and Lani, but by all the staff, especially those working in the dining room. We had a delicious lunch with two residents, Ronni and Nancy and my mom’s eyes just lit up. She loved the apartment, and we signed the contract. In a few days we were packed and on the way to Brandywine Senior Living at Haverford Estates.
My mom loves everything about her new life style. It is not about “waiting to die”, but finding something exciting to live for every day. She loves the outings to the dollar store, the supermarket where she buys snacks and drinks to fill her small fridge, and occasional lunches at local restaurants. Bingo has become an important pastime where she is a winner quite frequently. Wine and cheese is served several times a week, and challenging mind games in the living room, are led by Shantelle, the very spirited Activities Coordinator who keeps the residents on their toes.
Dining at Brandywine is like eating at a country club. Dan, Director of Dining creates exquisite meals, and Antoinette prepares every meal with love. I often join my mom for lunch. The wait staff is impeccable. If she wants something special, or prefers to eat in her apartment, she just asks someone in the kitchen or calls the dining room.
As a caring daughter, one of the high points of Brandywine has been the continued devotion of ALL staff members to my mom and all the other residents. The nursing staff is excellent, as well as regular visits from a local physician. Nursing care is available 24/7. I have been called for emergencies, as well as for the simple application of a Band Aid for a “boo boo”. I don’t have to worry if my mom is okay. Several times 911 had to be called, and I met my mom at the ER.
Brandywine really takes the worry out of “parent care”. I sleep well knowing that my mom is safe. Care with love is top on the list of many qualities that define Brandywine. Be one of the fortunate families who choose Brandywine for its beautiful, safe, exciting environment that is offered for long term living or Hotel style respite stay while you are on a vacation. I am thrilled that I found this wonderful gem.

Caring Environment

I first discovered Brandywine Senior Living while looking for a place for my mom who was starting to have difficulty living on her own. My husband and I saw a couple of places in the area but when we walked into Brandywine I knew it was special. Brandywine is unique! From the moment you are greeted at the desk you are being welcomed into a family atmosphere. There is a keen sense of community at Brandywine and all the residents seem very content. On nice days people sit outside and enjoy the fresh air and the grounds, everyone greats you both residents and staff.
I am one of 8 children and we all agreed Brandywine was right for mom where she has been living for two years. Unfortunately mom has been moved to the Reflections unit at Brandywine due to her dementia/Alzheimer’s condition. Her care is exceptional, she is always clean and out with the other residents in Reflections, never shut in her room. Her needs are always addressed and she is treated with respect, dignity and a great deal of compassion by the staff.
Brandywine is a wonderful place for any family member who no longer can or wants to live on their own. The staff is beyond friendly. Brandywine is very clean and resembles a family home setting more than a facility setting. The atmosphere is full of warmth and caring. There are lots of activities for the residents and the staff is always encouraging the residents to get involved. Brandywine also includes the families of its residents with functions through the year. It is festive and bright.
My brothers and sisters and I are all very happy with Brandywine & encourage you to visit and see for yourself.

A Wonderful Village

A beautiful community! My mother has lived here for nearly a year and feels so much at home. She had moved here from a Nursing Home and has rebounded to her old self. She is supported by very active and caring caretakers. Throughout the day, everyday, there is a very complete activity schedule in which she and so many of her neighbors participate. The dining room is lovely and comfortable, and more so, the food is top rate = delicious. The community feels like a village, the staff are invested in making a supportive and caring environment for their 'villagers', and this was by far my favorite facility out of the numerous ones visited in choosing the next living situation for my Mom needing Assisted Living.

Wonderful place

Great care. Long term employees. Excellent food. Lots of activities.

Haverford Estates

Very professional. Staff are helpful. Facility is clean and well maintained. Highly recommend.

Very nice facility / every...

Very nice facility / everyone very friendly Lani knew everyone personally - many people out and about and not in their rooms (May bday going on which could be part of it) Access to food and meals 24 hrs Assessment to determine care and if he can have his car Doctors on staff Liked rooms (especially largest one) Services Fri night Good location Can do trial Not as many off campus trips

Visited. Very nice.

Visited. Very nice.

Liked this one best. The units were ...

Liked this one best. The units were small in Assisted Living but I would prefer my mother to enter directly to the Alzheimer's Unit when timely to do so. Very pleasant and interesting unit; liked the music and the 'bar' arrangement for eating option. Again I didn't like the decor but I liked it better than Brightview. I liked the location best of the non-city center places. I liked the cinema space and I liked the fact she is going to investigate some kind of arrangement with a local swimming pool.

Spoke with the woman from this facili...

Spoke with the woman from this facility. They have a fulll time nurse on staff. Cost is $250/day. Only 15 people in memory care. Most come from the assisted living community that they run. Good program.

Impressive place. Very clean. Execu...

Impressive place. Very clean. Executive Director knew all staff we saw and had a good word for all. She also knew all residents and engaged them. I would be happy to place her here.

Visited this community. It was very ...

Visited this community. It was very nice and well maintained. Staffed well and knowledgeable people too.

Liked the size of the 1 BR unit, prox...

Liked the size of the 1 BR unit, proximity to Lancaster Ave. for shopping hosp. etc, liked the feel of the place and the fact that they are able to provide medical and social activities. 30% Jewish, 30% Catholic 30% everything else. residents inclusive of independent (driving, doing all adl's, taking own meds), need assitance w/ meds and full nsg assistance can be done in own apt./unit without going to nursing home.

An Outstanding Location:
Brandywine Living at Haverford Estates is conveniently situated on the Main Line in Haverford, Pennsylvania and just minutes from Suburban Square shopping area, the Main Line Art Center, and downtown
Philadelphia.

A Vibrant Lifestyle:
For fun, residents can enjoy practicing their artistry with the Artist’s Palette program; from pastels to watercolors, the opportunities for creative expression is endless. In fact, Haverford Estates offers an abundance of choices (Escapades…for Life!) for your entertainment and delight. If all this fun gives you an appetite, enjoy the ultimate choice with our All-Day Dining program. And, of course, you know that your beautiful suite and private bath await you…whenever.

A Commitment to Quality:
All the time you know that we are here with our caring team, including licensed nurses, All Day, All Night, On-Site, should you need us. And you have the comfort of knowing that at Haverford Estates, as with all Brandywine communities, our commitment to quality, training, staffing, personal care, and regulatory standards is apparent in all we do. If you are looking for security and peace of mind, relax…we’re here.