I am blessed that I found Rose Tree for mom. I would recommend it highly.

Weekly staff is exceptional. Mom is now on hospice and getting terrific care.

A few of her belongings have gone missing. These concerns had been addressed. But her dentures went missing, the bottom early on and the top about 6 weeks ago.

Pathways is always clean. Mom's room is always tidy and clean. And mom is always clean. Hospice care [name removed] and [name removed] are a God send.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I’m glad to hear that you and your mother are satisfied and happy. I’ll share your compliments with our caring team to thank them for loving what they do. I’m glad it shows. Your satisfaction is a top priority and I request you to please call me at [removed] at your soonest convenience so I can address and resolve your concerns directly. Sincerely, Cindy Evans, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Cindy Evans.

Liked this very much, decided to go with rock land place, same company owns both. Was our first choice until we went to rockland

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for your high marks and for visiting our community. Whatever your choice may be, please feel free to call any time if you have questions along the way. We are glad to help in any way we can. Sincerely, Cindy Evans, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Cindy Evans.

I lovely facility and [Name removed] has a true vocation in this field. Our family's search was put on hold and throughout that time [Name removed]reached out with genuine concern and no pressure to decide. In the end dad needed a higher level of care so unfortunately he did not move to Rose Tree. I recommend this facility wholeheartedly to anyone who is looking for their level of care.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you! I will share this comment with our caring, friendly team and thank them for the difference they make every day. We love what we do and I’m so glad it shows. Please feel free to call any time if you have questions along the way. We are glad to help in any way we can. Sincerely, Cindy Evans, Executive Director

Kind and Caring Staff

Our Mom moved to Rose Tree Place from another area Senior Living place and we could not have been happier. The entire staff was wonderful to deal with including the admins, aides, nurses, housekeeping, and dining room. The building and Mom's room was kept clean, the entertainment was good, and the food was very good.

Most important, the people there really care and demonstrate their compassion and kindness.

I would highly recommend this community.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your experience with an online review. We value your opinion and we’re so glad you are satisfied and happy. Please stay in close contact and let us know what we can do to ensure you continue to thrive. Sincerely, Brenda Negron, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Brenda Negron.

A tour

I liked this community when I toured it. The people I met did not seem as friendly as they did at another community. This community did not have a homey feel to it and we did not think it would work for my loved one.

Watermark Ambassador

I’m glad to hear that you were satisfied overall when you visited. We’re accustomed to hearing we have a lively, vibrant community and friendly associates. I’ll share your review with our team. We work hard to ensure a positive, upbeat atmosphere and I appreciate your feedback. Sincerely, Cindy Evans, Executive Director

Really just to far away

We thought the staff were very friendly and did an excellent job with giving my parents and I a tour of their community. Rose Tree was one of the larger community that we had visited and they offered a lot of great amenities like a full kitchen and washer and dryers.
We just felt that the geography was just too far away.

My tour

I really liked this community when we visited. The people we met were nice and the community seemed clean. We would have chosen this community, however it was just a little out of our price range.

Watermark Ambassador

I’m glad to hear that you were satisfied and happy with our atmosphere, friendliness, and cleanliness. We review our prices on a regular basis to ensure the highest possible value and I appreciate your feedback. Please call me anytime if you have questions or if we can help in any way. Sincerely, Cindy Evans, Executive Director

My husbands new home

This is a good community. The menu is appealing and he does liking being with the other residents at meal time. The community is very clean and enjoyable. They offer a lot of great activities for the residents to participate. I like knowing that his community is close to my home. We would recommend the care and value to other families.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your review. We are committed to resident and family member satisfaction and I’m so glad you are satisfied with the experience. Please stay in close contact and let us know what we can do to ensure your loved one continues to thrive. Sincerely, Cindy Evans, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Cindy Evans.

Good option for senior with less care needs.

I liked this community very much.The reason we did not choose it is they offer a dementia unit but it was not advanced enough. I did not want to relocate my mother if her care needs increased.

Sincerely, Cindy Evans, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Cindy Evans

I only want the best for my father...

No community is going to be perfect but we are pleased with our experience with Rose Tree Place. They ensure to check on my father every two hours especially at night.They come up and prompt him to eat dinner if they notice he is absent at meal times. I eat with him quite often and it's nice they will bill the fee to his room. They also offer a private dining room if you're having a family gathering.
They offer a variety of activities. My father prefers to sit in his room and read the paper and watch the news but they encourage him to join in. They always have something going on. They have speakers come in and talk about things like birds or sports, the men really enjoy the baseball lectures. They offer a variety of games or even a Wii for the residents to use. There is a cocktail hour occasionally, exercise classes and live music.
They were very accommodating when we started the process of my father moving in. He wanted a one bedroom. At the time of our tour, they didn't have a unit that was exactly what he was looking for. One day I got a call from them and told me to come there to look at a unique one bedroom that had just become available. I have never lived in an apartment as nice as the one they had available. It offers a walk-in closet, walk-in pantry and a washer and dryer hook up, even though they offer laundry services.My father has a nice sized queen sized bed and enough space to move around. It worked out perfectly.
Another reason we chose Rose Tree Place is they have a beautiful memory care section. It's completely secure and they have a closed in courtyard available to residents. It's completely closed in which is perfect for residents who wander.
I expect the best for my father, no community will be perfect but they are doing very well.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your experience and for choosing Rose Tree Place. Stay in close contact and let us know anything we can do to ensure your father is thriving. Thanks again. Sincerely, Cindy Evans, Executive Director

I took a tour!

I was only in the Rose Tree for a short amount of time, but from what I saw it looked like a very nice community. Everyone was friendly and I did not see anything major that needed improvement.

A nice tour

We toured this community and found the rooms to be very nice. The staff is caring. and helpful. They do offer a lot of great activities. The size of the rooms and the lighting are very nice and brightness. My mom felt like it was more of a hotel. We liked the variety of meals that seemed appealing. The activities were offered. We suggest that families look at this community for care for a loved one and a value.

Watermark Ambassador

I’m glad you and your mom had a positive experience when you visited and I hope we see you again soon. If you have questions along the way please feel free to give us a call. Thanks again, Cindy Evans, Executive Director

Very Nice Community, Everybody was Kind

My parents have been in out of the hospital recently, but overall this is a lovely community. Everybody is very kind and friendly. They do provide good care to their residents. There are activities offered. The rooms are nice and big, which is a big plus. This is a community I would recommend, it is a very nice place.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review of the community. I’m glad to see you’re pleased with the friendly staff, great care, large residences and full program schedule. Keep us informed of anything we can do to ensure your parents are thriving. Sincerely, Cindy Evans, Executive Director. Posted on behalf of Cindy Evans.

I have nothing but positive things to say about Rose Tree!!

The first thing I noticed when we walked in was the clean smell. It was like a breath of fresh air. My father in law feels the food is excellent. The dining staff are accommodating to his needs. The family interaction with the staff has been very positive. They offer a variety of activities and I would recommend this community.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you so much for visiting and for sharing your review. I’m so glad your Father-in-Law and family are satisfied and happy with Rose Tree Place. Please let us know if there’s anything further we can do to ensure he is thriving. Sincerely, Cindy Evans, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Cindy Evans

Nice staff, good location, dated rooms, smaller showers, and plain looking cabinets in kitchen and bath. They have budgeted money to update rooms.

HIGHLY Recommend Looking at Rose Tree Place!!! Great Overall Environment!!

Our mother (96 years old) has resided at Rose Tree Place for 8 years. We found consistently the entire staff is caring, friendly, loving and accommodating to her needs. Her care and attention to details of care & awareness has been of the highest quality. The setting of RTP has the feeling of a fine hotel on a hill surrounded by woods from the lobby to the 3 floors of the apartments. RTP is the perfect size as each staff person develops a personal relationship with each resident. The daily jammed pack group fun activities schedules has bettered her life being active & social. Mom living at Rose Tree Place has added to her quality of life and given the family quality time to spend with mom. All levels of management communicative & easily accessible for questions and concerns. We highly recommend Rose Tree Place for your loved one.

Rose Tree Place is a MUST see and THE place you’ll want your Mom and/or Dad to be.

If you are looking for just the right place for your Mom and/or Dad—Rose Tree Place is where you want them to be!

It’s a challenging time when sons/daughters/parents have to come together and “make the decision” that it’s time and your parent(s) can no longer live alone and need a little assistance. It’s a hard decision taking your loved one(s) from a home they know for so long, their personal property and most especially their independence. This was the case with my Dad. He has Parkinson’s and mobility issues and falls frequently. After 2 years, many visits to the ER, coaching to us by his Doctors we finally had to sit down, talk and make that decision. My husband and I started the process by researching and making appointments to tour several facilities in the Media/Rose Tree area.
Upon arriving at Rose Tree Place we were greeted by Michael [Removed], Director. Michael was awesome! He couldn’t have been more professional, pleasant, helpful, explaining the facility, how things work and helping us get things in place. He said hello to every resident we passed and knew everyone by name. When we found Rose Tree Place we knew this was it!
But to be fair we took my Dad to a few places my husband and I had selected and asked Dad to pick since this was going to be his new home. He picked Rose Tree Place!

Rose Tree Place is a beautiful community situated in Media on lovely grounds with walking trails. Once inside you walk into a marble lobby with grand piano that overlooks an outdoor patio courtyard. The library just off the common room is stocked with books where residents can relax and take in a new read. The residents come together to eat in a dining room that looks like a restaurant and overlooks the courtyard. Residents order from a menu that changes daily and their food is delivered right to their table. When they’re done they can walk-about the place, get involved in one of the many activities going on or go back to their apartment.

The resident’s quarters are nothing like I’ve ever seen. Most residents live in one bedroom apartments that have high ceilings, windows, full kitchen and lots of closet space. And residents can take their stuff from home with them to their new apartment. So while it’s not exactly ‘home’ it sort of looks a bit like home. And I have to mention the smell—the air is so clean and fresh. The place is immaculate! Truly Rose Tree feels more like a quaint Bed & Breakfast then an assisted living facility.
Most important to the “aesthetics” is how the residents are treated and cared for. Everyone knows everyone’s name. Residents are treated and cared for with the utmost respect.

If you’re looking for an Assisted Living Facility in or around the Delaware County area—Rose Tree Place is a MUST see and THE place you’ll want your parents to be.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you sincerely for sharing your review and insights. Your words of advice on the process of transitioning to a retirement community will be a beacon for every family reading your review. We’re so glad that you and your father are part of the Rose Tree Place family. Stay in close contact and always let us know if there’s anything we can do to help him thrive. Thanks again. Sincerely, Cindy Evans, Executive Director

Above and Beyond!!!!!

My mother recently moved into Rose Tree Place after spending her entire life in the same house......the staff at this facility went above and beyond to make her feel comfortable and safe. Which in turn, made her children feel the same way!! Mike [removed] was more than gracious and extremely patient with all of our questions and requests. He is a pleasure to work with and has a heart of gold!!!! If you're thinking a moving a loved one, I would definitely suggest Rose Tree Place!

Watermark Ambassador

After visiting several assistant living facilities I could not be happier with the quality of care my parents have been exposed to while staying at Rose Tree Place.

Daughter

All of the staff in Pathways(memory care) have been exceptional. They genuinely car about all of the residents. I have never seen any of them get upset with the residents. They are all amazing.
When I took my mom and 5 other ladies outside along with the activities director for pathways, one of the marketing people came along to assist,
Can't say anything bad.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our community. I’m so glad to hear that you are happy and satisfied. I agree, our associates are amazing and they truly love and care about our residents and the joy they experience as each moment unfolds. Thank you again for your review; I look forward to sharing it with the entire Pathways team. Sincerely, Cindy Evans, Executive Director

I am Doing Very Well Here

I'm doing very well at this community. I really enjoy the staff they are really nice to me. The community looks great and everything is nice and clean. The food is nice and they have nice activities. Overall I am happy and would recommend it.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you so much; we love to see resident reviews online. Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions and we are happy to have you at Rose Tree Place! If there is anything we can do to ensure you’re thriving (new programs, clubs, different menu items, etc.) please do not hesitate to let us know. Thanks again, Cindy Evans, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Cindy Evans.

Was a very good experiences eirking with senior advosors. Between them and a family friend we have found the perfect place for my mother-in-law. She's enjoying where she is and is very happy we made the move.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you so much for sharing your review of our community. I’m so glad to hear that your mother-in-law is happy and doing well. Please stay in close contact and keep us informed of anything and everything we can do to ensure she continues to thrive at Rose Tree Place. Sincerely, Cindy Evans, Executive Director

Immaculate Facility

I think that the place is kept immaculate and it looks fantastic. The workers have been pretty friendly. I am not crazy about their prices, I think they are a little on the high side. Other than that, in comparison to other places, it is by far the prettiest and the apartments themselves are the nicest.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you so much for your feedback. We take pride in our beautiful, welcoming atmosphere and friendly associates. I’m sorry you felt our rates were a little on the high side. We are committed to offering the best value in the area and I hope your search leads you back to Rose Tree Place. Best of luck to you and your family and thank you again for your comments. Sincerely, Cynthia Evans, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Cynthia Evans.

Very nice, active looking community

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I thought Rose Tree Place was a very nice looking assisted living facility! It felt like it had a somewhat younger more active crown than some other places we saw. I don't think it would have been the best fit for us in terms of care, but I'd definitely recommend as being worth a look for someone looking for that active senior community atmosphere!

Disappointed

The facilities are nice and well-maintained. The key problem seems to be their lack of experience with residents with dementia that are not far enough along the contiuum to be in memory care; however we did put my mother on the waiting list for Memory Care. All staff members seem overwhelmed by the slightest behavior that my mom presents as a result of dementia. I truly mean ALL staff members aides, med. techs., nurses, Director, etc. In fact, instead of working to deescalate concerns they would repeated escalate the problem. We have been made to sign behavior contracts, come to RTP to solve a problem and 1 time asked to take her home. Additionally, repeated mistakes have been made with medication. Some medications she receives are not on their official list, some medications listed on the hospital discharge were neither on their list or on the medication cart to be given to my mother. Worst of all when my father had to get surgery, we independently contracted with a home health aide for 12hrs. daily on top of the high cost of rent. We did this on our own to add a support for mom. Staff from Rose Tree Place knew my mother would be very vulnerable during this time and never once asked how they could help to make it easier, never brainstormed with the family ways to really wrap supports around her during this time. [removed] My family disappointed in their professionalism and profoundly sad at the lack of compassion and kindness shown to the residents who need it most.

Watermark Ambassador

I’m very sorry that your experience has fallen short of your expectations. As so many families know who seek memory care for a loved one, it is a challenging time. As I am sure you are aware, I am unable to discuss any of the details of a resident’s care or health concerns in this public forum. I can say that many of our associates undergo extensive training and are Certified Dementia Practitioners. If you would care to share details of your experience with me, please contact me directly at [removed]. Best regards, Tim Ballas, Managing Director, Watermark Retirement Communities.

very happy

I am very happy to have my sister at Rose Tree Place. I cant think of anything that needs improving. The facility is clean and the staff are friendly. The overall experience has been really good. It gets five stars.

A lovely place to be.

A wonderful place for retirement . Good food, great activities, wonderful staff and friendly people. Lovely surroundings!

Positive Experience

Our family member was in the memory care unit of Rose Tree Place for 16 months. The staff members are very kind and did their best to find things of interest for him to participate in. He was spoken to in a cheerful, calm manner which almost always brought a smile to his face. Staff members, including people not directly involved in his care, made it a point to know what he was like before he got sick so they could reference other times in his life when attempting to engage him in conversation. They were spot-on in their efforts to keep him safe. The unit itself is clean, his room was neat and clean, his clothing was clean. Nursing staff was attentive and responsive to changes in his medications in an attempt to keep him healthy and happy. They were excellent at keeping lines of communication open. They were caring and thoughtful when he passed.

Watermark Ambassador

All of us at Rose Tree Place would like to thank you for your kind words and for choosing to make Rose Tree Place home. It is our great pleasure and our distinct honor to provide happy days and joyful moments for our residents. We take pride in creating an extraordinary community where people thrive and I sincerely thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We wish you and your family all the very best.
Sincerely, Cindy Evans, Executive Director

Great place for mom

My mother in law loves it there. Loves the food and the people. Only thing she has not had her physical therapy yet.

Seemed like a nice place

We toured this community while looking into care options for a love done. Rose Tree Place seemed like a nice place overall, although not the best fit for our loved one. The facility itself was well kept and clean, and the staff seemed friendly and professional. Definitely worth a look if you're looking into care in the area!

Wonderful Experience

I visited Rose Tree Place to inquire information for my 91 year old father.
I was in touch with the Community Director Michael Rasmussen.
Actually I've been speaking with Michael for over a year, as making this decision is not an easy one.
He has been patient, and very understanding. Very easy to communicate with.
I found the facility clean, bright, friendly, and updated.
Everyone seemed very happy, and the staff quite helpful.
Even though my father still remains in his own home, there is no doubt in my mind that Rose Tree Place will be my choice when the time comes to move him.

They are extremely welcoming

I just think they have been extremely welcoming. They always try to keep her active in the activities. They make sure she isn't just in her room. They always have been proactive. My family and I appreciate them so much. They have been excellent. My grandmother is very happy here.

Okay Facility

Overall it was an okay place. The workers did what they was suppose to but though they could have been more initiative to the residents. My loved was somewhat happy there just kind of boring and the food was alright. The did keep the rooms clean and smelling good.

Rose Tree Place.. Perfect Place for Mom..

Our mother (95 years old) has resided at Rose Tree Place for 7 years. We found consistently the entire staff is caring, friendly, loving and accommodating to her needs.

Did not seem to have enough staff. Urine smell in companion room visited. Clients just sitting in one area looking bored.

Watermark Ambassador

I apologize that your first impression didn’t live up to our high standards. I would sincerely appreciate it if you could contact me to discuss the details further. I’ll speak with our housekeeping director and the leaders of our programming team to ensure that the community is always meeting our standards of excellence.

Thank you, Tim Ballas, Executive Director, [removed].

Rose Tree Review

My mother has been residing at Rose Tree Place (Pathways Memory Care area) in Media, PA. for two years and I’m pleased with the service provided. The entire staff, including the Receptionists, Resident Care Associates, Medical Technicians, Sales Associates and Activities Coordinators, is friendly, caring and attentive to her needs. She also enjoys the meals served at Rose Tree Place. The menu is varied and the food is appetizing, nutritional and plentiful.

Additionally, the in-house FOX Rehabilitation staff has provided my mother with excellent Occupational and Physical Therapy over the years. The friendly, upbeat staff really connects with her and gets the best out of her. The therapy sessions have resulted in her having more energy and being more alert.

It is comforting to know that my mother is being taken good care of in a clean and safe environment at Rose Tree Place.

Rose Tree Place...A Must Visit

Rose Tree Place is just terrific in every way. From the beginning of my search to accommodate mom I felt Rose Tree Place offered the genuine care we were looking for in a very clean, friendly and hospitable environment. The staff is fantastic, the amenities are great as are the activities and the food. The personal care is second to none. Having access to most every kind of non-hospital medical care from pharmacy services to nurse care and on-site physical therapy and physician visits makes Rose Tree Place very special. The accent on “care” is clearly evident from the first visit. I particularly like open and frequent communication whenever a medical need arises.
Mom’s adjustment was quick and her assessment of Rose Tree Place is just as high as ours. A visit is certainly a good use of time in your search for a “new beginning” for your loved ones. It truly is a win-win situation for our family and I highly recommend Rose Tree Place for your loved ones.

very pleased

I moved my mother from a different assisted living where she was not thriving at all, and where I was actually worried for her survival. Since getting her at Rose Tree Place things have completely turned around. I can't put my finger on it exactly what they are doing that has made the positive change, but they are very friendly and it is a very nice warm friendly place. I am very satisfied with Rose Tree Place and would highly recommend them.

Veyr nice place, no complaints!

Things have gone very well with Rose Tree Place! It's a very nice looking, well kept, clean facility, and they take great care of the people who live here! The staff have all been very friendly as well! We really have no complaints! I would highly recommend it to anyone looking into senior living!

Best Place for Mom!

My Mother lived at Rose Tree Place after deciding it was time to go into a place that could meet her needs. She actually made us aware of its existance since she had played there with her band. With the assistance of aides, for certian things, as she was very independant, she was able to get around with their help when needed. The amount of care needed does effect the cost, but we knew it would change, as she would need it. There were times she needed more care. She did not want to use a walker, so they would escort her to and from the dining room when she felt she needed them. All her meds were brought to her by the med tech and so she never had to worry about forgetting or even getting her meds. She had a beautiful apartment , and the whole place has the feeling of a fine hotel from the lobby to the floors of apartments. I was impressed by the staff of people who work there. All seem to be patient and loving to the "guests" but most of all respectful. My Mother commented so many times how kind everyone was to her. I stayed with her the first week and got to see first hand how they operate and saw the staff from the lobby, to the dining room, to her own room, and the activities they provide. You can come and go at any time there to see your loved ones. Mom was able to get to Mass on Sundays with the van provided, and go on some wonderful trips. The activities director there is amazing with the time and energy she puts into the things she is providing for the residents. We all could sleep at night not having to worry about Mom's care. My Mother said to me, "This is the best place I could be!" That said it all!

Review of Rose Tree Place Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Media, PA

gave low rating for not able to meet demands. did not meet moms needs, only needed a 7 day stay, facility only accepts 3 weeks or more for repite. dont understand, why facilities think that caregivers need 3 or more weeks break. huge mistake on thier part. Mr. Rasmussen was upfront about it, appreciated that, did not waste my time or his on this matter.

Watermark Ambassador

I’m very sorry for your frustration with the minimum length of stay for short term guests. I take it from your review that you are frustrated with many communities in our area, as most have the same standard minimum for number of days required for a short term stay. I’m grateful for the good things you had to say about our professional, honest, quick answer to your question and I will pass that along to the team. We work hard to satisfy every resident, guest and family member. If you would like to discuss further, please of course don’t hesitate to contact me at the community any time. All of us at Rose Tree Place wish you the very best of luck with your Mother.

Sincerely, Tim Ballas, Executive Director

Seems like a nice place

So far so good with Rose Tree Place. Our loved one has had a little difficulty settling in, but the staff all seem like they are doing their best to help her get comfortable. The facility itself is very nice, and the apartments are beautiful!

Outstanding experience

My mother was in the personal care section of Rose Tree Place for a short time before she passed away. The attention and care my mother received from the staff was truly outstanding. The facilities and apartments are beautiful and the people are extremely friendly at all times. I highly recommend Rose Tree Place for personal care/assisted living.

So far so good

So far so good, things seem to be working out well for us at Rose Tree Place. It's a nice looking community, they do a great job keeping everything clean and well kept. The staff have all been friendly, and very caring towards the residents.

A Place for Dad

My Dad had been living on his own in an independent living community, but his dementia problems were worsening. It was clear to my sister and myself he needed the care that assisted living would provide. I began a search of assisted living facilities, with memory care units, within an easy drive from my home. "A Place for Mom" help me with my search and they gave me a list of places that included Rose Tree Place. I looked at quite a few places and Rose tree was my first choice.
My Dad has been living at Rose Tree Place for nearly seven months now and he seems to be happy there. I originally chose Rose Tree because I was very impressed with the friendliness of the staff, the spacious and bright apartments, the wide and well lit hallways, the attractive dining room, and the cleanliness of the entire place. I saw people having lunch and the food looked very good. It was comforting to know that there is always a nurse on duty day and night.
I was also impressed with Pathways, the memory care unit. The unit is spacious and bright, the bedrooms are large and sunny, the unit has its own courtyard and the residents looked content. I had an opportunity to speak with the Pathways director and she seemed very friendly and caring.
As it turned out my Dad's dementia was more advanced than I realized and he moved into Pathways not too long after he arrived at Rose Tree. He has a pleasant room with a double window looking out on the courtyard. In Pathways he has as much independence as he can handle but help is right there if he needs anything. He is very content in the Pathways unit and I know he is safe and getting the personal care and attention he needs.

from a daughters perspective

My mother was a resident of Rose Tree Place for almost two years. She started out in the assisted living part then moved to Pathways which is the memory unit. I just can't sing enough praises for the staff who work throughout this community. The care and attention that was given to mom was wonderful. When mom passed away, they all actually came to her to give a goodbye kiss or hug and I knew they cared. I would certainly suggest that you come and tour this community for yourself. As one of the residents said to me -"It's the best kept secret in Delaware County"

room for improvement

Some of the caregivers are fabulous and some are downright unpleasant, they’re not warm. For example, they set the food down and then just walk way. They could do a better job getting people to eat. It would be a better value without the caregivers who really don’t seem interested. When I went and looked at the place, everything looked cheery and rosy. Some of the teams of caregivers are better than other.

shared apartment $3000. le...

shared apartment $3000. level of care 1 starts at $450. plus $3000 one time buy in. too expensive.

My first site to tour. Exc...

My first site to tour. Excellent! Cost concerning. Like the option to have shared common living space with adjacent to bedrooms. Happy hour with alcohol is a concern since it would require monitoring with medications. Budget is good.

Very new to Rose tree so far. My mom ...

Very new to Rose tree so far. My mom missed 2 days due to brief hospital stay. So far she likes the place and we do too.

Looked alright

We toured this place when we were looking for options for my Dad. Everything seemed fine, but it had a more institutional feel that what I wanted for him, so we didn't look into this place any further.

A nice looking community

While this was not the location we eventually picked for Mom, there was a lot I liked about it. It seemed very clean, and the staff were friendly. The individual rooms for the residents here were great, very spacious and nice looking. This community was larger and more spread out than some we saw, which made the residents seem a bit sparse. We wanted somewhere really busy and active feeling for Mom, so that was one reason we decided against this one.

Not a great experience.

When she was in there they had night nurses but she got hurt one night and they didn't even know about it because the aide didn't report the incident. She had to call me herself. They are constantly changing management and help, their turnover is amazing. She needed help getting up and they would bring more people than they needed and the extras would be standing around talking about their boyfriends. This was not a great experience.

Unexpected Charges

I like the staff, they are very friendly and knowledgeable but the problem that I am having is the price. They have raised the rent and the care tier levels substantially. I have gone over the cost, and they brought it back down for two days before they raised it again. It's $2000 more than what they said that they would be. If I would have known this, I wouldn't have moved them in. If money wasn't the problem, I think that it would be a very good place. I am very happy with the activities. As far the actual care, they do a nice job but there are a lot of things that I have to do myself because of the price. Any kind of doctors appointment, which they go to a lot, I have to take them to. Otherwise, it would be close to $100 visit, since an aide would have to go with them. They have a one bedroom apartment in the facility together, which is nice because my mom has dementia but my dad doesn't. The food is great. My father is very happy with all of that.

Rose Tree Place

My Mom has only been there for 2 weeks, she has slowly transitioned into the routine. There are activities that she seems interested in and the activities coordinator has been inclusive and friendly. We originally toured the facility with Michael Rasmussan, who went above and beyond to ensure that our transition went smoothly. The facility is clean and the nurses and aids are friendly and helpful.
The only glitch that I witnessed was their food service and selection. The eating area is lovely, but with 2 seating times, some residents waited longer than they wanted to for their meal...about 30 minutes or so. It was the nicest facility(out of five that I toured) and from the moment I walked in, the tour impressed me more than any other facility I had visited.

New and Clean

It was very clean and it was very new but it was a lot more money.

Thank you!!

The reception my mother and I got from Michael Bruno when we first toured Rose Tree Place was first class. When meeting us for the first time, he said to my mother "Mary you just got your hair done, it looks beautiful." I knew from that comment that Michael was a detailed oriented individual (we had just come from the hair salon)!! He made us, especially my mother, feel so very welcomed. During our tour, Michael acknowledged everyone by name, both residents and staff members. It was obvious he cared about each individual.

Mom and I toured four other communities. After each tour I would ask her what she thought and she always responded "I like Rose Tree." The interesting thing about Rose Tree is, it was not even on my initial radar. A Place For Mom recommended Rose Tree as a possibility. Had it not been for that organization, mom would now be living in a different community.

During the decision process, Michael called periodically to see if we had any questions. Other communities were more interested in the sale versus the correct fit for mom. Michael Bruno was concerned about my mom.

Even though Michael has left Rose Tree Place and is now employed at A Place For Mom, he still reached out to me to see how my mom's move went. The support and compassion Michael has for the elderly is unsurpassable. Thank you Michael.

PS. My mom has been at Rose Tree for less than 1 week. I will review again after some time has gone by to accurately rate the care, activities, etc.

I believe this community is...

I believe this community is better for senior living and assisted living.

Just held back

When we looked into Rose Tree we really liked it but what lead me to choose another community was I was told they had previous issues with delivering and keeping the medications straight for the residents. The community is really nice and seemed like it was well maintained.

Looks like a Cruiseship inside!

We chose Rose Tree Place because it was just so visually appealing, the inside looks like the inside of a cruise ship to me. My mother use to go on cruises a lot before so it really made it for an easy transition. We feel the value is good but we are not sure what all $5,000 gets us and what we are entitled to, we are sure once we start asking more question we will be a much better value in it. They offer lots of activities and my mother tries and goes to every one of them. During a couple of my visits we got to catch a couple of shows one was a pianist and another was a belly dancer. My mom did not want to leave when the belly dancer was there, even though it was my daughter’s recital. The food is good but a little too bland for my liking, I feel like it is good for someone of my mothers age, it is soft in texture. We feel that my mom is very safe and secure here. The staff is really friendly and with the exception of one or two they really are over the top friendly. We are very happy with our choice in Rose Tree Place, would recommend it to anyone.

Give them all 5 stars!

A Place For Mom recommended Rose Tree Place about a year and a half ago. When mom was ready to move we contacted Mike Rasmussen at Rose Tree Place, after looking at four other facilities. When you pull into Rose Tree it's a great, nice facility. It is well taken care of, everyone is friendly, there is a friendly receptionist, I had a great first impression. I saw the residents there looked happy. Also, the apartments are very nice and very spacious, bigger than others we had toured, we liked that about Rose Tree as well.

shuttle to Nativity BVM parish; furni...

shuttle to Nativity BVM parish; furnished apts available; dog friendly; updated living space; housekeeping once per week; self-service laundry on each floor; full kitchen and separate bedroom; requires price includes meals but not cable and telephone. Respite care is limited to 90 days, then Mom would move to an apt

The director made me feel like I was ...

The director made me feel like I was giving mom over to a safe place and I really enjoyed listening to her speak. She seems to really love what she does and why she does it.

Friendly staff. Had the opportunity ...

Friendly staff. Had the opportunity to see an activity in session. Many choices of room types.

Very pleasant facility and location.

Very pleasant facility and location.

Great - love it. Number one pick at t...

Great - love it. Number one pick at this point in time.

Visited. Very nice.

Visited. Very nice.

hotel like... high community fee! re...

hotel like... high community fee! residents looked good... alert

When you think of assisted living and memory care, what do you see? If cookie-cutter apartments, quiet hallways, bland food and stereotypical activities come to mind, then think again. Over twenty years of experience have taught us that today’s seniors want more choices and are leading a more active lifestyle than generations before. That’s why one visit will shatter your expectations.

How do we do it? We start with an environment of choice. You’ll find a great variety of living options from affordable studio apartments to spacious two-bedroom suites. Best of all, you’re surrounded by an atmosphere that’s truly residential. Monotonous call bells and squawking intercoms – not here. Associates in scrubs pushing medication carts down the hallways – no way. Here, you’ll flourish, thrive and be empowered to express your true self, all in an environment unlike anything you’d expect.

When it comes to boring stereotypical activities – you won’t find them here. We know that challenging the mind and stimulating the body have enormous benefit at any age and can even slow the process of memory loss. That’s why, as part of Watermark Retirement Communities, we created Watermark University. Watermark University offers

City Info

The modest borough of Media, Pennsylvania, is located in Delaware County, just 13 miles west of Philadelphia. In the 19th century, Media was heralded as a summer resort for wealthy residents of Philadelphia and boasted several grand hotels, such as the Idlewild.

The community made history in 2006 when it became the first US town to obtain a fair trade certification, ensuring products meeting fair trade requirements were available locally. With a modest population of 5,344 and an average household income of $65,742, small town Media has maintained the charm and familiarity that has earned its reputation as €œEverybody's Hometown.€

- Walkability Score: The city has been called a €œWalker's Paradise.€ It has a very impressive walk score of 93. It's a two-minute walk to the nearest bus stop, and other errands and recreation are in close proximity.

- Average Age in the 19063 Zip Code: The average age in Media is 40.1.

- Number of Senior Housing Facilities in the 19063 Zip Code: There are approximately 222 senior living facilities near Media, PA. About 101 of those are independent living facilities.

- Average Weather: Media, PA has hit a January low of 3 degrees Fahrenheit. In summer months, the highs stay just below 100 degrees. The average temperature range is moderate, from 35 to 78 degrees annually. The town has a high elevation, up to 350 feet above sea level.

- Veteran's Facilities in the Area: Center City Philadelphia Vet Center, Delaware County Veterans Affairs, and Southeastern Veterans Center.

Transportation

Seniors who want to get around Media have the option of a train, bus, or trolley, if they do not own a car or prefer walking.

- Buses: The Southeastern Pennsylvania Transport Authority (SEPTA) Surburban Lines, Route 110 (to Granite Mall) and 118 (to Newtown Square), service Media.
- Trains: The Media/Elwyn line on the SEPTA rail transports seniors to and from the city.
- Trolley: SEPTA's Surburban Trolley Route 101 is available for Media seniors.
- Taxis: County Cab, Rainbow Cab & Limousine, AAA Maza Taxi, Mid-Atlantic Express Cab, and Maxwell Taxi Cab.
- Ride Shares: Delaware Transit Corporation, or DART First State, provides a site for residents to organize ride sharing, vanpooling, and other transportation alternatives. There's also an ample RideShare Lot in Philadelphia.

Health and Safety

In terms of the overall crime rate, Media's is 40 percent less than the national average. Only 4.69 crimes happen each day per 100,000 people. The area sees about 633 violent crimes annually per 100,000 people, which is a little more than half of all property crimes. Residents have a 1 in 58 chance of being a victim of a violent crime.

- Hospitals: Riddle Hospital, Springfield Hospital, Crozer-Chester Medical Center (Upland), and Kindred Hospital (Philadelphia).

- Crime Rate: Media is 39 percent safer than other US cities.

Sports and Leisure

Media residents do not have to be starved for sports action with Philadelphia so close. The City of Brotherly Love is home to the Philadelphia Eagles (football), Phillies (baseball), 76ers (basketball), Flyers (hockey), Union (soccer), and Soul (Arena Football League). There are other fun attractions for those who want to stay closer to Media.

- Golf Courses: Paxon Holloway Country Club, Springhaven, Springhaven Township, Rolling Green, White Manor Country Club (Malvern), Merion (Ardmore), and Golf Course at Glen Mills.

- Tennis Courts/Clubs: Timberwyck Swim & Tennis Club, Granite Run Tennis Club, Springton Tennis & Racquet, Rose Valley Swim and Tennis Club, Idle Hour Tennis Club (Drexel), and Healthplex Sports Club.

- Gyms: Surrey Services for Seniors, Fitness Together, Enso, LLC (Yoga), Sarva Yoga of Media, Rocky Run YMCA, Planet Fitness, and LA Fitness.

Shopping and Entertainment

Neighboring Springfield and Philadelphia help enrich the shopping scene in Media, PA. The community has quite a few unique boutiques and specialty shops that offer a reprieve from national chains. There is also no shortage of trails for hiking, nature preserves for outdoor picnics, and historic sites.

- Clothes and Accessories: Tancreed's Specialty Shop, Kuta, Lovely You (wig shop), Per Lei Boutique, Seven Stones Gallery (Native American jewelry), Eileen Fisher, Clothes Mentor (resale in Springfield), B. Gross Men's Wear, and Boscov's.

- Grocery Stores: ACME Markets, Trader Joe's, Media Farmer's Market, Wolff's Apple House, Linvilla Orchards, Gentile's Fruit Market, and G&C Foods.

- Restaurants: Azie, Desert Rose, Stephen's on State, Margaret Kuo's, Wimpy's Original, Lotus Farm to Table (BYOB), Pinocchio's, Court Diner, and 320 Market Cafe.

- Movie Theaters: AMC Classic Granite Run 8 Mall and AMC Marple 10.

- Libraries: Media-Upper Providence Library, Middletown Free Libray, Library Learning Center, Delaware County Law Library, and Delaware County Community College Library.

- Senior-Friendly Salons: Media Hair Stop, Karma Salon & Spa, Fergy's, Van Gogh Salon, Salon Jean Raymond, and Giovanni's Media Barber Shop.

- Attractions: Ridley Creek State Park, John J Tyler Arboretum, Hedgerow Theatre, The Media Theater, Natural Lands Trust's Hildacy Farm Preserve, Pennsylvania Veterans Museum, Colonial Pennsylvania Plantation, Caleb Pusey House, Morton Morton House, and Delaware County Institute of Science.

Religious Facilities

Christians make up the dominant faith and worship practitioners in Media, PA. The majority are Catholics, followed closely by mainline Protestants. Most non-Christian worshippers, including Buddhists, Muslims, Jewish and Hindu, all come in at 1 percent each of the religious population. Unaffiliated groups, including atheists and agnostics, make up 21 percent of religious beliefs in Media.

Here are some places of worship in the area: Christ Church Media, First United Methodist Church, Media Presbyterian Church, Gateway Community Church, Nativity BVM Church, Unitarian Universalist Church of Delaware County, Reformation Lutheran Church, Mary Magdalene Parish, Campbell AME Church, St. George Greek Orthodox Church, Islamic Center of Chester County, and Congregation Beth Israel.