Sunrise of Westfield - Westfield, NJ

Friendly. Smaller community.

Loved this place. Very warm, welcoming. Rooms were really nice. Saw the Den Studio and it was just the right size. Clean, no smells, nicely decorated. Liked having the options of additional care available. [Removed] was terrific!! Thanks.

Nice Staff!!

I have no complaints of how things had went for my loved one and I during our tour of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I liked the open floor plan and all of the great amenities for the residents. The staff where professional and I did not feel pressured what so ever. It was just no the right fit for us in the end decision but I would recommend it to anyone.

BEST Care EVER!💝

I've just had to make the most difficult decision of my life....where to place my 86 year old Aunt, & best friend who has recently been diagnosed with dementia. A Place for Mom recommended Sunrise of Westfield along with a few others, & I can't believe my luck ...Sunrise has been amazing in every way! When they tell you they are there to support you, they aren't kidding! I had 1 week to move my Aunt from south Jersey to Sunrise, while I am living in Florida! The entire staff made that happen, & supported me the whole way....even when it looked like my aunt was going to REFUSE to come....they held strong & helped me through it all!!! My Aunt LOVES living at Sunrise of Westfield & gets the most amazing care!! I can't say enough about how pleased I am!

Good transition so far

My father is here and likes it so far. He's participating in some of the things they offer and adjusting well. He thinks the food is better than the hospitals but doesn't have a sense of taste. When I see the meals they look pretty good. It is also more medically orientated than some of the other communities we saw. We chose this community because we were familiar with it, it's close to our home and it was highly recommended by A Place For Mom.

Not enough men!

The tour was okay. Me and my dad did not like that it was so quiet around there. We did not see any residents out. When asked what was going on they said that the people must be out. Also my dad did not want a community full of women because women tend to make clicks.

Sunrise Senior Living

They are great! My loved one is very happy here.

They are great! My loved one is very happy here. It's clean and the staff is friendly. I don't have any complaints or concerns. I also like how close they are to us. It makes it easier to visit. We went to another Sunrise while waiting for a spot to open, and it was nice too.

Review of Sunrise of Westfield Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Westfield, NJ

location, location, location - my 1st choice for many reasons...

Sunrise of Westfield

We thank A Place For Mom in helping us find Sunrise of Westfield for my mom when the need arose. We don't think we could ever have found a nicer place for her to spend the remainder of her days.
My mother had dementia and Sunrise offered a separate but lovely accommodation for those suffering memory impairment within the assisted living environment.
The staff is wonderful, dedicated, professional and kind to everyone and we admired their patience and skill.
My mother is gone now but my husband and I visit weekly now as volunteers so that should help you to understand how much we appreciate Sunrise and what they do there.

Not impressed

During our tour I noticed that this place seemed a bit overcrowded. It was also not as clean as some of the other locations that we visited, and had a noticeable odor, which was a big turn off for me. Compared to some of the other locations we looked at nearby this was not very impressive at all.

nearly identical to EB, friendly staf...

nearly identical to EB, friendly staff & residents, lots of activity, nice 1BR available, easy to get to from home & work and GSP

I liked what I saw; there was a willi...

I liked what I saw; there was a willingness to have Mom spend more time on the AL side during the day;return to memory care thereafter; still appears that Mom is in between two levels of care