CareOne at Livingston Assisted Living - Livingston, NJ

Callous Business Practice

Pay attention to the fine print in the contract. When you are in a bind and need to find immediate care for a loved one you tend to gloss over the fine print. My mom went out to the hospital for 4 days in early October and then on to sub-acute care for the next 13 days before passing.

When I received the final accounting I found out to my displeasure that CareOne continues to bill for general care medical supervision at 100 % for 3 days and at 50 % for another week despite being in a hospital and then in sub-acute care. They continued to bill for room and board for the first 5 days of November, despite her death on October 23. I was told that this was in the contract, but I guess I should have raised a stink back in 2015. But we were moving her from MA to NJ and needed a place that could handle her needs.

We DO appreciate the care she got from wonderful nurses and aides. This is not a complaint about her care, simply the callous business practices of this corporation.

A short stay

Mom had a pretty good respite stay at this community. There were some issues when she first got there such as the television did not work, however they quickly resolved these issues. The food was ok and the community was clean. We would use this community again for a respite stay.

Very nice facility with nice amenities. The larger one bedroom would be nice, but I would prefer two adjoining studio apartments to give my parents more space. Good onsite medical care.

"Care for EVERYONE Assisted Living” Livingston NJ

CareOne Assisted Living in Livingston NJ should be re-named to "Care for EVERYONE Assisted Living”! They are not just there for my 91 year old mom, but they are there for the entire family. I was overwhelmed by the professionalism and personal service each and every one provided to our family, but most of all to my mom. CareOne Livingston goes above and beyond providing our family members who reside in their Assisted Living facility the respect and dignity they deserve for living such wonderful, glorious, and fulfilling lives. Most people may think of Assisted Living as a “holding cell” while waiting to check out, but CareOne Livingston is anything but that, they are a shining light where our parents enjoy life.

Overall Great Care

My loved one has received great care at this community, she really enjoyed the meals and would often participate in many of the activities. The entire staff team was constantly making sure that my mother was comfortable and safe in her new living environment.

The lobby was very bland and boring

My first impression during my tour of the lobby was a little disappointing. The residents where all just sitting in the lobby and they looked like zombies. There was no involvement with the staff going on and they just looked sad and depressed. I would not want my mother living in this community.

From beginning to end, four months, aides,nurses,etc and from the beginning of his stay everyone was cooperative, helpful, caring etc.

Beautiful facility. Pricing better than what we have now, but not better enough to move her to a location a lot less convenient than Sunrise

Happy with CARE....

Happy to have chosen careone for my mother!

Right Fit!

My mother has been at Care one for over 2 years. I can only say that this community was the "right fit" for my mom and her needs!

CAREONE MADE A DIFFERENCE IN MY MOM"S LIFE!

My mother Dorothy moved into Care One at Livingston Assisted Living and she was displaced because her current living situation was no longer safe for her to be there. My mother is a proud, independent lady, who has always been able to care for herself and was a social butterfly. After her current apartment building was damaged and she was moved unexpectedly, I realized that I needed to find her a safe, secure, and social environment that would meet her needs and put my mind to rest. Since mom has moved in she has flourished and is meeting new friends, involved in the activities, and has adjusted extremely well to her new home! She is back to the person she use to be! My mom came along way here at CAREONE...1 week is all it took~

Good respite care experience

We used CareOne for a brief respite stay for a loved one, and overall our experience was a very positive one. It's a nice looking place, and the staff was knowledgeable, efficient, and pleasant to work with. I'd give them top marks across the board!

Careone Cares

The staff is amazing and caring.

Incompetent and Evil Nursing Staff & Aides

Care One in Livingston,NJ, or should I say CARE NONE.Incompetent nursing staff, especially Stella & Michelle to name a few. Rude & Arrogant aides especially Sharon. The 11pm -7am shift is the worst no one does anything. The supervisors do nothing as your loved ones are in Distress. The nursing staff is poorly trained as are the aides. Something needs to be done, or our loved ones will Die before their time.

Not pleased!

I was very dissatisfied with the competence of the nursing staff. They did not recognize an impending crisis in my mother. Also, when questioned regarding her medication, it was extremely important in my mom's health care that she not receive the generic form of drug. They told me she was getting the brand name! When I received the RX bill, it turns out she was getting the generic drug. They were dishonest.

Nice place, overall!

Our experience with CareOne at Livingston has been a good one, overall! The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the staff is friendly and professional. They take good care of the people who live here, we've got no complaints!

The facility looks beautiful but the management staff is very slow to respond

Care One Livingston is a beautiful facity. However, there is still much to be desired regarding the care of a resident who is unable to transfer on their own and cannot dress or underess themselves. There were things that were promiced but not given for over a month, proceedures were not explained carefully, and aids are very slow to respond to calls, many times in a rush and not all are pleasant. After continually working with management for a month, things are begining to turn around but it can be frustrating. Some management is very responsive and tries hard, others are not. The food is very good. I'm not comfortable recommending Care One Livingston for someone who needs a great deal of care and watching over.

They are doing very well.

They are doing very well. She is very happy. The only thing I would say is, communication between us and the people that work there, isn't so great. They don't return calls and emails very promptly. She likes the food, but it's a little bit repetitive, and I am not sure how many choices memory care gets.

Friendly, caring staff

We're very pleased overall with our experience at CareOne at Livingston. The staff here are very friendly, and they do a great job looking after the people who live here. I would recommend them to other families looking into care in the area!

It was a nice place, I liked it.

We toured a while ago, when we were looking into different options. It was a nice place, it was clean and the staff was friendly. I liked it, but there are a lot of nice places around, and this wasn't the best fit for family.

It was a very nice community, and I liked it a lot.

This is one of the places we have looked at so far. It was a very nice community, and I liked it a lot. We are thinking about going here, we aren't quite sure yet. There really weren't any concerns about anything we saw, we just aren't quite ready yet. This is definitely on our list though.

exceptionally friendly

They are very good at taking care of the residents. The care providers are really good, exceptionally friendly, though they do seem at times (particularly weekends) to be a little understaffed.

One area of improvement would be their billing department. Their billing department absolutely stinks.

There have also been a couple of instances where they have waited until the last minute to let me know when my husband is running low on something.

Other than those areas it has been a really good overall experience.

Friendly, responsive staff, poor access to property on foot

My mother doesn't participate in many activities. She is 87. She's in a wheelchair.

This is a transition period between home and nursing home. She's been there for about two months. She's also been in August.

The staff are very friendly. They answer my questions, and respond to my concerns very quickly.

I don't see her much because I don't drive. The facility is not very accessible to people who do not drive because there are no sidewalks - not even for staff working at the place. It is actually dangerous; they have to walk in the street, even in winter.

It had a reputation at one time of not being good, but they must have changed a staff, because noone has been there very long, and they are great.

Great Care for Mom with Alzheimers

We have been very pleased with the attentive care provided by Care One. My mother has been in the Skilled Nursing facility for about 7 weeks. The nurses and nurses' aides have been very caring and on top of whatever is going on with my mother. Effort has been made numerous times to find and deliver just the right type of wheel chair that will accommodate her comfort and needs.

Since she has Alzheimer's and has great difficulty speaking, my mother cannot communicate her needs well. In a very short time they have been able to assess my mother's needs and desires.

They have also been attentive to any questions or suggestions we have as a family.

Looked nice during our tour

I toured this community when I was looking into options for my loved one. This was a nice looking place, it was clean and well kept, and the staff all seemed very friendly. It wasn't the option we ended up choosing, but overall it looked like they would be able to provide good care and comfortable atmosphere.

Very Helpful

My dad was there for a week of respite care. I know these things are expensive but they seem very nice. The woman that I delt with, whose name I can't remember right now, was very helpful. When we first toured there was a certain kind of easy chair that my father liked but when we checked in his room did not have one. Well she and I physically moved a chair from one room to his room. She had a real can-do attitude and I really appreciated that.

CareOne at Livingston Assisted Living is conveniently located near major highways and sits between the Livingston Mall and Short Hills Mall on Passaic Avenue. We take pride in providing a broad continuum of health care services in a Campus setting. In addition to CareOne at Livingston, our shared campus features a skilled nursing center specializing in post-acute specialty services and long-term living. Our campus provides an unprecedented total care continuum in a nurturing, home-like environment designed to ensure both comfort and dignity. From respite care to assisted living or memory support care, CareOne at Livingston exceeds resident and family expectations. We achieve this through a personalized approach to care, exceptional service and support, all in a setting designed for comfort. CareOne at Livingston was developed to assist seniors in maintaining their independence while enjoying the benefits of an active lifestyle. Residents are assisted with daily living tasks in a beautifully appointed building, reside in spacious apartments, and enjoy fine amenities and services. An emphasis is placed on encouraging socialization and interaction, and activity programs are centered on each resident's interests.