Juniper Village at Chatham - Chatham, NJ

Review of Juniper Village

Excellent facility. Competent and helpful caring staff. Highly recommend.

Juniper Communities

Hi, your wonderful feedback and rating mean a lot to us. Thank you so much for your high rating. We hope you have a great day!

Lovely place and [named removed] was very helpful and pleasant! Sadly my father needed a higher level of nursing care than they have a Juniper.

Review of Juniper Village at Chatham - Chatham, NJ

Juniper Village is the best community that I have toured. The top qualities impressed me.
The competencies of the leadership team.
The caring environment.
Beautiful environment very clean and healthy living environment.
This is a top 5 star rating for seniors.

Juniper Communities

Wow, it's experiences like yours that really keep us motivated!
We hope to be of service to you again in the future.
Best wishes,
Juniper Village at Chatham

Review of Juniper Village at Chatham - Chatham, NJ

My mother is very happy here at Juniper Village in Chatham. We have a peace of mind afforded the family given the care she is getting that is in surmountable. The very best!!!

Juniper Communities

Thank you for sharing your positive experience! We appreciate your recommendation, and have an amazing day!

Review of Juniper Village at Chatham - Chatham, NJ

We are so happy we face Juniper Village! My mom loves this place and the staff is so incredibly nice and accommodating. Special thanks to Amy who is the best - what a great person she is.
Thank you!

Juniper Communities

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Juniper Village at Chatham. We're happy we could exceed your expectations! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.

Review of Juniper Village at Chatham - Chatham, NJ

I had a warm feeling from everyone from the front desk to the marketing department to the dining room.
Everyone was so friendly. It felt like family. I loved Juniper in Chatham.

Juniper Communities

Thank you for this high star rating and positive review. We are thrilled that we make you feel like family as that is our intent. Welcome to the Juniper family! We're glad to have you.

Review of Juniper Village, Chatham, NJ

In choosing Juniper Village for (my loved one's) respite stay, we could not have made a better choice. It was all a very positive experience.

Juniper Communities

Hello, we're happy to hear you had such a positive experience with our team! We hope to see you soon!

My dad has been at Juniper for many year and he has always felt safe and secure. The staff is extremely attentive. My father loves how clean everything is.

Juniper Communities

Thank for this lovely review. We're so thankful that we have been able to provide your father with a positive experience and peace of mind for all of you. We appreciate your high rating and recommendation. We hope to see you soon!

Juniper is Great

Very happy we found you. Everything has been great and you have a super staff

Juniper Communities

George Kalish, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Juniper Village at Chatham!

Mom at Juniper Charham.

Mother is enjoying activities and friendly staff.

Juniper Communities

Thanks for this great review Maureen. We're happy that your mom is enjoying life at Juniper Village!

A tour for care

We toured this community and found it to be very nice and clean and the staff was wonderful. The community was clean and maintained. We needed special care that they did not offer at the time. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Juniper Communities

Hi, thank you so much for the positive review! We truly appreciate your recommendation.

Close but no cigar

I went in to Juniper Village about a month ago to view prices, accommodations and overall environment. Let's just say after meeting with the marketing director (? I believe that was her position) and the head director that I don't think this is the place for my dad to live. They seemed more concerned with me signing the contract IMMEDIATELY then easing my father and my concerns and questions. They spoke down to my father as if he wasn't the one making the decision. No smiling from either of them and an almost condescending tone. I think we have made a decision with another senior living and will be sure to steer others away from this one as well.

Juniper Communities

Alyssa, we regret that you had a negative experience with us, but are glad you brought this to our attention. If you'd be willing, we would love to talk directly with you and rectify these issues. Please reach out to our regional director of operations to discuss the details of your concerns so that we may make changes as needed.

Horrible

My mother has been at Juniper Village for a little over a year and I'm absolutely disgusted by recent behavior from their executive director. My mother has told me that [Removed] consistently ignores residents and belittles them. She treats them like patients in a psych ward. My mother said the rest of the staff seem lovely but the treatment from the woman in charge is horrible. I am currently looking for a new assisted living to put my mother in as I do not want her living somewhere that makes her so uncomfortable. Absolutely would NOT recommend this assisted living facility unless you enjoy being treated like a fool.

Juniper Communities

Samantha, thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We have taken your comments to our regional director of operations who will work with you to directly address your specific concerns. We take your concerns very seriously and want you to know that we want to make your experience with Juniper Village a good one.

A welcoming atmosphere from the first moments. Staff friendly and always concerned about residents at all times. Public and private spaces well maintained. Daily activities and special events are easily accessible.

Juniper Communities

Juniper Village At Chatham Family, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We always love to receive great feedback.

Keep up the wonderful work

JV is just like being at home. I love Juniper it is so friendly, warm and welcoming. This is both the atmosphere and the staff. The family likes that the fees are paid monthly instead of yearly. When I am ready for Assisted Living I will definitely going to Juniper Village at Chatham that's where I know I will be safe and well taken care of.

Juniper Communities

Thank you Carol for sharing this wonderful review. We look forward to being your choice when the time comes.

Thank you Juniper.

Let me begin by saying, we have visited MANY assisted living facilities throughout the country before deciding upon Juniper Village at Chatham for my father. We were blown away by everything Juniper Village has to offer. It is not just your run of the mill assisted-living home. The attention to detail and the compassion shown by the staff is what makes this place home. I have not come across one problem at this facility and my father couldn't be happier. His life is constantly filled with happiness, comfort and love and this makes my life more pleasant. Thank you Juniper Village for making aging in place,a possibility.

Juniper Communities

Jennifer Sterling, thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with Juniper Village at Chatham. We always love to receive great feedback. You really made our day today.

The warmth and personal attention that Juniper staff gives my mom is wonderful. Everyone goes out of their way to make her safe and comfortable. It takes a special type of person to have the empathy, patience and kindness that geriatric care requires, and Juniper's staff has it all.

Juniper Communities

Thank you Joan. We appreciate you recognizing our strengths and your recommendation to others. Wishing you a great day until the next time we meet.

Home Like Atmosphere

My mother has been living at Juniper Village in Chatham for 2 years. The staff is outstanding with compassionate care and genuine concern for her well being. The warmth from the Concierge's desk along with the Community Relations Director carries through the building. Juniper Village is a well maintained homelike environment with plenty of activities and delicious food for all to enjoy

Juniper Communities

Thank you very much for sharing these comments, Ashley Clarke. We always love to receive great feedback.

A caring business, in a tough field.

People doing their best in a difficult business. This self evaluating organization always seeks the best for their charges. Moving forward with excellence should be their motto. Thank you for all you do. A better staff you will not find.

Juniper Communities

Thanks for the feedback.. We strive to provide excellent service to our customers at Juniper Village at Chatham. We always love to receive great feedback.

Two thumbs up for Juniper Village, Chatham NJ

I recommend Juniper Village in Chatham, New Jersey. My mother has been living there for seven months and I have been impressed with the facility and its staff.

It is a beautiful facility with elegant, well-appointed public rooms and beautifully kept private suites. Staff vacuums residents' rooms and makes their beds and takes out trash and does laundry. Handymen are available for things like repairs or setting up a TV. Private aides are available through an experienced agency that has been at Juniper for years and who work well with Juniper's own aide staff. (My mother has private aides.) Residents are issued pendants that summon a Juniper aide, so help is only a button-push away.

The food is very good and the chef will always prepare an omelette, hamburger, sandwich, etc. to order if the resident doesn't want whatever is on the menu.

The dining room staff are friendly and kind and greet all the residents by name. Once when I was having dinner with my mother, a resident ordered steak. When the server brought it, he immediately realized the resident wouldn't be able to manage it (because of paralysis in one hand) and he very quickly and discreetly took the plate and cut it up and brought it back, all with no remarks and no embarrassing the resident. This kindness made a big impression on me.

There are numerous and varied activities for residents, including games, lectures, movie nights, cooking, documentaries, crossword and jigsaw puzzles, bridge, knitting, singing, concerts, and book club, to name a few.

One thing I am very impressed with is how much the staff cares about the residents. They know if a resident hasn't come to the dining hall for a meal, for example--I have seen a nurse asking a resident who is forgetful whether she has eaten, and then gently guiding her to the dining room.

The nursing staff is excellent as well. They are quick to address any physical issues the resident has, and they are fantastic about communicating with the family. If my mother asks for a nurse visit, or the nursing staff determines my mother needs blood work or medication, they call me and fill me in. I think that is very important.

I would recommend Juniper Village to anyone seeking a safe, warm, caring, and attractive senior facility.

(Resident's daughter)

Juniper Communities

Wow! Thanks for this amazing review and wonderful recommendation Jessica. We're so happy to have been able to make a difference.

Very nice place

Our experience with Juniper Village was only a brief one, but I thought they did an excellent job overall. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the admissions director was a big help to us throughout the whole touring and move-in process. Unfortunately our loved one's health took a turn for the worse shortly after she moved in, but the care staff here really stepped up and tried their best to handle all of her needs. She was a bit beyond what they are able to provide, but they worked hard to make sure she was well taken care of until we could get her moved to a different facility. I would definitely recommend Juniper Village as being worth a look, if you're looking for care in the area!

Juniper Communities

Thank you for this recommendation of Juniper Village at Chatham. As you experienced, our staff is very involved with our residents and their families. Whenever one of our residents' health needs change, our hearts break, but we continue to do our best to care for them and help them transition to a higher level of care with minimal disruption. It is unfortunate that our relationship was short, but we are thankful that it was so positive. We wish you and your loved one all the best.

Things are going just fine

Things are going just fine. My Mom has been pleasantly surprised I think that she is very happy there.

Juniper Communities

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are thrilled that your Mom is pleasantly surprised and happy here. We appreciate your recommendation to others.

Juniper Village at Chatham - a great place to be!

I'm very impressed with all that Juniper Village has to offer the senior community here in Northern New Jersey. They have a wonderful homelike atmosphere, an amazingly caring and professional staff, all sorts of great programs for the residents to get involved in from trips to the beach, theater, educational lectures, onsite entertainment and more. The food prepared by their onsite chef using organic fruits and vegetables in season is fantastic! Mom or Dad will be well cared for, active and engaged in all seasons. I highly recommend Juniper Village to anyone looking for a wonderful place for their senior loved one.

Juniper Communities

Thank you Maryanne for your wonderful observations. As you noted we do pride ourselves on our service, our homelike atmosphere, excellent staff, varied activities and programs and our fantastic dining program - H'Art and Soul of Dining. We are grateful that you recognize all we do! We appreciate your recommendation to others who are looking for an exceptional experience in senior living.

Nice place, but not much care offered

Juniper Village is a nice place, but only for those with low levels of care needs. We moved our loved one in and after her care needs advanced slightly we ended up having to hire outside help to come in and assist her. They are definitely a nice place, but be sure they are a good match for you in terms of future care needs!

Juniper Communities

We appreciate you taking the time to write this four star review. You are correct in pointing out that the level of care provided at Juniper Village at Chatham is assisted living. We do not offer higher levels of care such as memory care or skilled nursing and rehabilitation. So, as you mentioned, when our residents do require a higher level of care, we are happy to work with the family to find all options available to allow their loved one to age in place with additional care provided in the community or to move to a higher level of care, keeping the resident's preference and quality of care at the forefront of any decisions. We are please that we all came to consensus on what was best for your loved one. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to care for your loved one.

Highly Recommended

My mother has been resident of Juniper Village of Chatham for about 2 years and I have to say that there has been nothing that she wants or needs that isn't provided.
Mom receives the best care around the clock ,if needed,the food is of restaurant quality,and the service is great.the wellness staff has been very helpful in helping mom when she requires special attention.Overall this facility has gotten my vote and is recommended to any one that needs additional help with their loved ones.

Juniper Communities

Thank you for your comments and for recommending us to others who may need assisted living in the Chatham, NJ area. We are thrilled that your mother has been with us for two years and that you both are highly satisfied with our high quality of care and services. Our aim is to keep all of our residents provided with everything they need as far as care, additional services and community amenities. We are happy to know you see us achieving that goal. We are especially proud of our restaurant quality dining program - H'Art and Soul of Dining and have received many wonderful compliments. Our excellent staff is well recognized as well. We hope for many more years with your mother, please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you in the future. Our door is always open!

No Other Place but Juniper

I am a contracted professor who provides the residents a bi-weekly current events lecture.
This facility is not only beautiful, but impeccable.
The residents are friendly and inviting.
The residents are well cared for and the relationships with staff are warm and friendly.
When my mother needs assisted living there is no other place I would recommend, and I provide my services to other nursing and assisted living facilities.

Juniper Communities

We appreciate your insightful comments Lee. It is so important for professionals, who visit many other communities, to recognize the difference that is Juniper! We are extremely proud of this community, the well-trained staff and the amenities offered. We will be happy to have your mother with us when she needs our services. Thank you.

Juniper Village at Chatham Testimonial

My mother has been a resident at Juniper Village for the past six years and thoroughly enjoys living there. The facility, staff, and residents are wonderful. Everyone is warm and caring, and conduct themselves in a professional manner. My mother is very comfortable there. I liken it to living on a cruise ship… an awesome chef serving three wonderful meals in the dining room each day, games and activities, visiting entertainers, library, computers, movies, in-house medical facility, in-house religious services, room cleaning and laundry services, and transportation to appointments, local shopping and outings. I recommend Juniper Village at Chatham very highly.

Juniper Communities

Gregg, thank you for this wonderful five-star review. Your comments are very helpful to others who are looking for assisted living for their loved ones. We are very proud of our community, staff, and signature programs. Thank you for specifically pointing out our dining program - H'Art and Soul of Dining, our activities program - Connections, housekeeping, transportation and exceptional staff. We are honored to provide care for your mother and love the idea of a cruise ship atmosphere. It is our aim to provide an exception life at our communities and it sounds like we are succeeding. Thank you again!

A Respite Stay at Juniper Village at Chatham

I spent a month and a half at Juniper Village at Chatham during a respite stay recovering from a broken hip during late June, July and early August 2013. Most of the residents are a little younger than my parent's so my stay there was a lot like a very long cruise with parents. The residents are really interesting people and have lead quite diverse lives. It's a excellent facility with lots of activities to engage the residents. Some of the residents have cars and there are field trips with the Juniper bus for movies, shopping, church or visits to other local sites of interest. The staff is great and the food is excellent and there is an Ala Carte menu if you want something other than one of the two offerings at each meal. It's served by a wait staff in the dinning room and there are nice touches like cereal in the morning can be topped by bananas or berries depending on what is available.

Now a days I'm a volunteer doing technical support to help residents with iPads, PCs, smart phones etc. Most of the staff I knew from my stay is still there.

I am tremendously impressed with Juniper Village and I strongly recommend it to anyone who is considering assisted living or a respite stay.

Juniper Communities

Bill, it's so nice to hear that your stay was so pleasant that you decided to become a volunteer! We are thrilled that you had such a positive stay after your hip surgery and are sharing that experience here. We are very proud of our community, our staff, our Connections activity program, our H'Art and Soul of Dining program and our volunteer program. Our signature programs are truly what sets us apart and makes Juniper Village at Chatham a wonderful place to live and work. We thank you for your comments and your referrals to others who may need assisted living or even a short respite stay, as in your case.

Treated with respect and dignity

My relationship with Juniper Village of Chatham goes back over ten years when my mother and father moved in together. Assisted living was the right answer for them as I grew concerned about their ability to handle any health issues on their own and it gave me peace of mind to know that if there were any health problems, there would be a professional on the other end of the phone.
They developed a social life that had been missing in their prior life. Juniper encouraged them to get involved. My mother was a professional artist and Juniper encouraged her to pain and exhibit her work. After my mother died in 2005, my father remained a resident for another six years, enjoying his social programs and movies. Because of their positive experience, my Aunt recently took up resident at Juniper.
Personalities run strong in my family, yet the staff handled each new challenge with care and professionalism.
I have been very pleased with the way Juniper took care of my parents and with the way they have been supporting me in the care of my aunt, as she has run into some mobility and health issues. The staff has been supporting her every step of the way. Juniper provides an environment in which seniors can truly thrive.
The atmosphere at Juniper is what separates it. The staff personifies a warm and caring home, giving residents their respect and dignity.

Juniper Communities

Alan, thank you so much for offering such perceptive observations about Juniper Village at Chatham. We thank you so much for choosing us not just once, but twice, for your love ones care. We are honored to care for each of our residents as individuals. And, as you mentioned, we are accepting of any personality and challenge - that's what makes life interesting! It is truly our pleasure to bring out the passions in one's life and help them to share that joy with others. We appreciate your thoughtful comments and recommending us to others who need assisted living.

Happy with care

My mother has been at Juniper Village-Chatham for 8 months now and I cannot speak more highly of it on all aspects and levels. The setting and grounds are beautiful. The interior décor is elegant, warm and immaculate. The staff on every level is professional, caring, warm, efficient, accommodating and friendly. Each resident is treated as an individual and their level of care is reviewed on a regular basis. The food is excellent and there are a variety of activities and entertainment offered that the residents can choose to participate in. I couldn't be happier with the quality of care that my mother receives.

Juniper Communities

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with others through this forum. We appreciate you noticing the physical aspects of the community as well as the staff who are not only professional, but caring, warm, efficient, accommodating and friendly. We pride ourselves on the training our staff receives and the care each resident receives. We are thankful that you are happy with the care we provide. It is our pleasure to be sure!

Quality Assisted Living

I am very pleased with the level of care at Juniper. My parent is indeed safe in a very clean, caring, warm, cheerful and pleasant environment. My professional business requires me to see patients in a number of assisted living facilities and Juniper, in my opinion, is one of the best. Not overwhelming, it has dedicated staff, a welcoming presence, quality programs and dining. An executive director who is hands on along with being visible/responsive. The director of the wellness center and her staff, is highly credentialed and very committed to my parents' health and well being. The director of social activities is also committed to providing quality programs and has provided enjoyable events for my parent. For any family, the decision to move a parent to assisted living is emotional and challenging. I have no regrets with our family's decision to move my parent to Juniper Village. I wish you and your family the very best in this phase of life.

Juniper Communities

Thank you Frank for your keen observations and insight. It is so helpful for other families to hear from someone who has actually experienced life at Juniper Village at Chatham. We are so proud of all of our staff, programs and philosophy of nurturing the spirit of life through all seasons of life. We appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts.

A wonderful place for Mom

This is an amazing place for anyone needing senior care. Their motto is "Nurturing the spirit of life" and it could not be more appropriate. The experience has brought new life and joy to my Mom. She loves the staff, the food and all of the wonderful activities. She went in a bit reluctant (fear of the unknown) and now wants to stay forever! It is such a relief to me to know she is safe, happy and so well cared for.

Juniper Communities

Linda, thank you for your wonderful comments. We know that making a move - any more - can be stressful. We're so very happy that we were able to make your Mom feel comfortable in her decision and brought new life and joy to her. We are also happy that we have provided relief to you in knowing that she is safe, happy and well cared for. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and keeping us in mind for others who may need assisted living.

Not for me

I didn't like it. One person in particular was very nasty and unprofessional -- and that definitely sets the standard. Unless that person is fired, I wouldn't trust sending a loved one there.

I sent word out to Corporate in regard to my complaint. I am still waiting to hear from them.

Juniper Communities

We take concerns of this nature very seriously at Juniper Village. Please contact Executive Director Joann Malanga directly so we can be proactive in responding to any concerns you may have. Joann has an open door policy and will make herself available at your earliest convenience. Our number one goal is to provide a beautiful, safe and rewarding environment for our residents and we look forward to an opportunity to improve our delivery of service.

Mixed Experience

She had been there for 6/7 years. I found it a bit chilly, the people were certainly approachable but I found it very formal as a place. I would have had to pay privately for an aide 24 hours, and that was one of the reasons that I didn't keep her there. Plus, I wanted her closer to me. I think one of the things that really annoyed me was that the director did not tell me that there was any possibility for Medicaid even after my mother had paid privately for years. I was told by someone in the healthcare industry that that was wrong, and that I could have talked to Medicaid. That seemed really unfair.

Juniper Communities

Juniper Village at Chatham is pleased to offer competitively priced independent and assisted living apartments to its residents. Unfortunately the community is not a Medicaid certified community. We are more than happy to work proactively with families if care needs or financial situations change. Our goal is to help residents who are no longer able to resident in our communities find suitable alternatives, prior to the time of need. If you feel that your concerns have not been addressed, please contact Executive Director Joann Malanga directly so she can respond to any concerns you may have.

Beautiful facility. Residents appear ...

Beautiful facility. Residents appear to be higher-functioning; almost overwhelming amount of activities - probably beyond my mom's abilities. Expensive.

Juniper Communities

Thank you for sharing your comments. Juniper Village at Chatham is a beautiful community. It was built from the ground up as a LEED certified community. We do cater to residents with a variety of assisted living needs. Our robust Connections program does offer a large number of activities tailored to our residents likes. This offers residents the option to attend only the activities the pique their interests. We are also happy to discuss options to make living at Juniper Village at Chatham an affordable option such as through long term care insurance or Veteran's benefits.

Juniper Village at Chatham is a gracious and enriching home to approximately 100 individuals offering programs for retirement and assisted living in New Jersey. Located within walking distance to shopping and restaurants in the heart of beautiful Chatham Township, our classically appointed décor offers a refined ambiance while our distinctive programs nurture active bodies, engaged minds and fulfilled spirits.

At Juniper Village, we believe that the keys to healthy aging are keeping fit and staying socially connected. A wide variety of attractive and spacious studio, one bedroom and two bedroom suites offer kitchenettes with microwaves, oversized windows, designer wall-to-wall carpeting and a state of the art heating and cooling system. Inviting walking paths connect your suite to the Village Square, the hub of activity at our community. There you’ll find the amenities of everyday life from a movie theater to a full-service spa, from a country store to a fitness center. No matter what your interest—taking a class, attending church or practicing a musical instrument, you’ll free to explore them at Juniper Village.