Sunrise of Rockville - Rockville, MD

I liked the homey atmosphere. Residents seemed to be sitting around/sleeping a bit too much for me, waiting for lunch. The biggest room looked too small for a full bed and two wheelchairs. Bathroom was sufficient size. Staff seemed engaged with residents. The meal time flexibility was good for us. Contact was [name removed]

The staff are very caring and this community is in a beautiful country mansion style. Very clean and beautifully decorated and tucked in a quiet part of city of Rockville. The design of the building is brilliant. Somehow they managed to keep the hallways short but still provide nicely sized living quarters for the residents. They don't have to walk a long way to get to the dining, activity or leisure rooms. Lots of daily planned activities and residents can count on the same people to provide care for them.

Mom was there for a few years but every family meeting was a time to automatically nickel and dime on care until it went from somewhat almost affordable to completely outrageous and untenable. Remember this is a business

Sunrise Senior Living

We are sorry to hear about your experience at our community. We take your comments very seriously and would like to speak with you further. Please do consider emailing us with your contact information so that we can learn more. Our email is: information (at) sunriseseniorliving (dot) com. Thank you, The Sunrise Team

Nice community

The staff here did a very nice job showing us around, they took their time and they answered all our questions. The community was very nice, clean and they realized that my mom was upset and they tried to make her feel comfortable, and I felt that this was just not going to be a good fit for my mom.

Not close enough to the family

I had a nice tour of this community. Everything went well for the most part. From what I saw the community looked nice and clean, the staff was nice, and our questions were answered. It was a nice experience, but it wasn't the right fit for my father as the location was not close enough to our family.

They Are Willing

My mom has been doing alright, it is still a transition for her. My sister and I are quite pleased with the facility and the staff. She loves the food! They give gracious servings and if you want something that is not on the menu they try to make it. They are very accommodating.

I See Excellence

There is no doubt the staff welcomes my mom and worked hard to know her preferences as quick as possible. They linked me up to medial services and a pharmacy. They have been doing a excellent job. One they called me to see if she can get a haircut. I picked them because it was a smaller community that provided higher needs for the residents.

The atmosphere when you walk in is excellent. Cookies baking and upbeat staff. Socialization is very emphasized and residents seem active and milling about and encouraged to leave their suites. The design of the building encourages communal living. The location is very central and easy to access from main roads. The services are excellent with whole list: nurses (8 to 1), therapy, cognitive games, outings. I have not yet eaten in the restaurant but would plan to if I returned with my parents. I thought the tour went well and the provider, [Removed], was lovely. My only criticism would be the lack of hand sanitizer on entry. I actually had to excuse myself to go wash hands. I would think this would be important upon entry around the elderly.

[Removed] was a very well informed representative for Sunrise at Rockville. This facility is for assisted living and memory care residents. It is very clean and neat. Residents seem to be well cared for. Some more independent residents are able to go out on there own and shop in downtown Rockville or even take the Metro into DC. Many activities are listed daily so most everyone could find something to do during the day. A few enjoy just sitting in the lobby and watching the "traffic" go by. There is a Lunch Bunch that goes out monthly. Residents also go to plays and/or movies monthly, All outside activities are pay as you go. Touring the place was an enjoyable experience and we would recommend it to others looking for assisted living in their future.
[Removed]

Highest Rating!

Really loved Sunrise, Rockville, would have kept my mother there if they had nursing care for future possible needs. The people were fantastic! One lady at the front desk would probably not rate that and would receive a barely acceptable rating from me. Otherwise whole staff from nurses to activity people to dining room staff were fantastic. It is a really lovely place, very warm and loving.

Nice facility, but smaller and more expensive for what I am looking for. Will keep in mind if my other choices do not work out. Staff was attentive and place is very nice!

The assisted Living facility was similar to the Sunrise in Montgomery Village but more expensive as far as the basic fee, personal care fee, and medical management fee. There was also a community fee of $5,000 that was not part of admission in the Sunrise Montgomery Village.

I have already recommended Sunrise!!

The sales director was very forthcoming about the cost. The staff are very nice and treat my mother in law very good. They offer a variety of activities and trips. They keep the community clean. The food is fine and they offer a lot of choices.

Worth the tour!

The community is very nice mansion style home. The Sunrise of Rockville is a beautiful community. The staff that offered the tour were very pleasant. They were very helpful and addressed all of my concerns.

Sunrise of Rockville is home!

Since July 2015 I have made my home with my husband at Sunrise of Rockville. My husband is a wheelchair bound stroke victim, who requires assistance with toiletry and bathing. The reason why I chose to live in this facility was because of the kindness of Clinton Thomas, the executive director, and his very friendly staff. It has been nine months now since we moved here from another senior home and we have never regretted our decision. This place is homelike with good healthy meals and caring staff who always try their very best to help me care for my husband. I highly recommend Sunrise of Rockville for anyone who is seeking care for family members!

Very Pleased

My Mom is a resident at Sunrise at Rockville. The Assisted living is very clean and homey. The staff is very caring and do an excellent job. They take very good care of the residents. I would highly recommend it to people. Thank you.

Very nice place!

They do a very good job at Sunrise of Rockville! It's a nice looking place, and the people are all very caring. It's also much more affordable than some of the other places we saw nearby. We're very pleased with how things have gone!

Sunrise Rockville

My parenta are new to Sunrise but so far things are going well.

I would definitely recommend them.

They are great. It's a world of difference from where we were before. I would definitely recommend them. The administration is very responsive. They call and keep in touch with me, I can always get someone on the phone if I need to. The chief of nursing gives his cell phone number out to the families, he says you can reach me day or night. There was another person who had been in the previous community with us, and they are one of the reasons we chose to come here, because they were so happy. And they are pretty much the same price, so it's a pretty good trade. They have all kinds of activities, and everything is just done so much better. It's night and day.

Friendly staff and excellent care!

Overall things have gone very well at Sunrise of Rockville! It's a nice looking, clean community and the staff are very very friendly! They have a lot to offer their residents, and they have both assisted living and memory care. One thing to be aware of, just so it doesn't come as a surprise, is that if your loved one has dementia issues and needs additional help while their meds are adjusted that additional help will be brought in at your own cost.

Even though this is a facil...

Even though this is a facility and not a group home, I really liked the atmosphere and setup of this place (it felt really homey). Location is good, facility is clean, lots of staff (who all stopped to talk to me), residents seemed happy and clean and well cared-for, rooms are nice, etc. Only concern is Grandma having to use a pull cord to get help, but the reminiscence unit is smaller than Asbury and Solana... so hopefully it'll be easy enough for her to get help that she needs? They do offer respite care which might be a great way to figure out if it's a good fit for her.

Great caring, professional staff

This particular Sunrise is the best. I am so glad my mom is located there. The staff tends to come and stay and be promoted within. Staff is trained well and very professional. They are caring and kind to the residents. they do their best to make it feel like home, with parties, birthday celebrations and celebrations of various holidays often celebrated with family members. They are the best. Also work with various hospice organizations in the local area to support families and family member when and if that time comes. These folks are truly caring and loving to the residents. I wouldn't have my mom anywhere else.

Located just two minutes off of I-270 and 10 minutes from the 495 Capital Beltway, Sunrise of Rockville is nestled in a convenient location within Montgomery County near the Rockville Metro and the Historic Area of Rockville. Our Assisting Living specializes in personalizing our services to meet the daily needs of each of our Residents and we pride ourselves on the continuity of our dedicated and loving team and our family-oriented environment.

Sunrise of Rockville Residents enjoy a wide array of activities to enhance their quality of life in an elegant setting where friends, families and pets are always welcome! Activities range from Daily Exercise, Specialty Outings, World Culture, Intergenerational Programs, Book Clubs, Community Service & Diverse Religious Programs, to Floral Arranging Club and Interactive Music Appreciation! We encourage our residents’ independence while providing the reassurance and support to our families in a setting that enables our residents to age in place.

Our specialized Memory Care neighborhood provides a small, safe and nurturing environment with focused activities to keep our residents engaged as well as a Life Enrichment Manager who ensures that each resident’s individuality is celebrated. Our Reminiscence Coordinator and Care Managers receive specialty training to continue to ensure sensitivity, compassion, understanding and on-going education with all facets of dementia.

We are proud to partner with a variety of dedicated specialists who provide in-house support services to our residents. Their families have the option to utilize these services, i.e. Internal Medicine, Physical Therapy, Audiology, Podiatry etc... Our Nursing Team collaborates with them to provide a well-rounded spectrum of Wellness and Medical care to our residents.

Our community stands very proud of its history of great care and team longevity. At Sunrise of Rockville, residents and their families will experience the Sunrise Difference.