Bedford Court - Silver Spring, MD

Still trying to see if they will take dad in skilled nursing

I enjoyed my tour and liked the location. Did not make a yes/no decision. On hold for the next year but glad of the information. [Removed] and I had a field day with floor plans!!

We Are Pleased With This Community So Far

Since my mother in law move to this community everything is working out pretty well. She is doing well, and we are pleased with all they have done for our family. The have a good staff, and so far they are taking good care of her, and her needs. The community is nice, and clean whenever we visit. They provide good meals, and nice activities for the residents. Their prices work well for her budget. The one thing we would had liked to see, is a resident show her around the community when she first moved in. We are satisfied with this facility, and we would recommend it.

Outstanding Care and Comfort

I am happy with the care from this community. And staff are nice and caring to his needs. The menu is very nice and he is pleased with the healthy choices. I like knowing that he is active with the other residents. He likes having a room on his own. I am happy to see him doing very well in this nice community. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one with good value for care.

Really Happy!

I like the people that live here and the staff. Everyone is nice to me and it everything has worked out for the better. The food is good and they have a great variety to choose from. I am very pleased with them.

Everything Is Working Out Well, We Are Pleased

Everything has worked out great for my mother here at this community. She is in independent living, but has access to help if she needs it. They have a good staff here, they have been good to work with. They do a good job with the cleaning, everything is very well-kept. There are activities offered for the residents. The meals are nice, she is pleased with the food. I know she in a good community. Overall it has worked out well and I would recommend it.

Very disappointed with the rehabilitation (nursing) at Bedford Court.

An elderly relative was admitted to Bedford Court (in Olney), with some broken bones. It was understood, due to the comments on their site, it would be a good nursing/rehabilitation facility. We were grateful to find a place and comforted by the admissions person who assured us that proper care would be received. She was placed in a very small portion of a small room. We thought this too shall pass; she'll be able to leave soon.

During the first week, twice our family member was found in a soaked gown & bedding during the mid-morning. I called and spoke to the social worker, who insisted she was the patient advocate and definitely the go-to person with concerns or questions. The aides(?) would continually place drinks and items on the side which needed healing. Items brought in by family members, to relieve various concerns were never used. And, the social worker seemed more talk than action. The bottom line was this loved one, 2 ½ weeks later, broke something else at the facility. No one knew why or how. Bedford Court asked if she wanted to be attended to at the facility or hospital. The answer was hospital. The hospital called me an hour later, once she arrived. Bedford Court called me 2 hours after she had arrived.

The head of therapy, at Bedford Court was VERY conscientious and detailed, when he knew the concerns of the resident. The social worker at Bedford Court seemed to me to be mostly talk and little action. And, it wasn’t until I was packing my family member's personal items, I had a good talk with the head of nursing who knew little about the lack of care given to our family member, even though her representative was at a family meeting with the staff. At Bedford Court, in the rehabilitation section, it seems the right hand does not talk to the left hand.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

The perfect place for us!!

My in laws are doing good at Bedford Court. My mother in law says the wait staff are terrific and they know what she wants. The food is good. They offer activities that we are hoping she will get more involved in. My father in law is in the nursing section and the staff are great and very attentive. The community is clean and I would recommend it.

Review of Bedford Court - Silver Spring, MD

Met with Jim [Removed]. Toured Community had lunch. Pleasant facility friendly residents lots of activities good economic model. First place we have visited so giving a 3-star rating to leave room up and down as we continue our search

Review of Bedford Court - Silver Spring, MD

Very responsive to telephone call but unfortunately doesnt have any beds now for long term care 2-26-15

So far so good.

So far so good. There have been little bumps, but things are working themselves out. If we bring something up they work to address it. It would be nice if they offered more activities that were geared toward the men, they seem to like the Wii games on the big screen, maybe more of those would be good.

They Are Easy To Deal With And Knowledgeable

The marketing director was wonderful, she was very, very helpful and very easy to deal with and very knowledgeable about how to get things done, especially with regards to Medicare. The director of rehabilitation has been very good for calling and letting me know what is going on. They are on top of taking care of the residents.

need a beefier entertainment and internet package

My parents don't have any complaints about Bedford Court. The only thing they say is they don't offer enough with their television package. They need a beefier entertainment and internet package. As newer younger residents come in they will need to upgrade. Other than that things are good at this facility.

Beautiful place for those that can afford it.

Elena, In sales, was very helpful in explaining all of the details to us about Bedford Court. She worked with us throughout the move-in process and her wealth of experience helped us over a few "bumps in the road ".
The "Community fee" is $[removed] for Assisted Living , however it is refundable when a resident leaves or passes on. That, and the fact that they have all levels of care was a determining factor for selecting them.
The monthly fee is steep [removed], but if you can afford it, it's a very nice place for anyone that needs or would like to live in this type of environment. Of course the monthly fee varies depending if you have Independent Living or Assistant Living.
Another plus is that they provide free van service for doctor appointments in the area. (Some of the places that we checked out did not and that meant $75 RT for each doctor's visit for a van service. )
It's just a shame that there are not more reasonably priced CCRC's for the middle class that have excellent ratings.

Friendly, wecloming community

Our experience with Bedford Court has been a very good one, so far! I really can't think of anything to complain about! The staff is friendly and helpful, and I appreciate the extra effort they put into helping introduce new residents to the community. They'll make sure your loved one sits with some friendly people for meals. They also do a very good job with the food!

They go out of their way to be flexible

They do go out of their way to be flexible and meet the clients needs. They try to put him in the best situation that they can. The meals are pretty good. My loved one has not complained about it. Everything has been going well. They do an excellent job at keeping the facility clean. Everyone is very nice and helpful. The residents are friendly as well. They offer activities to the residents. It's a nice place.

Staying Safe in Elderly Years

Staff I have seen are patient, remembering each individual's special needs and their name. Staff also sensitive to the individual's feelings, physical problems and memory problems. Throughout they keep their sense of humor. The record keeping is maintained by the caregivers. Problems are communicated to the oncoming shift. Staff responsible for light housekeeping and residents' personal hygiene and diet. Work orders are put through to maintenance personnel for the physical environment. Activities are planned for the residents to keep them active and social. Overall, I feel my loved one is safe at Bedford Court and his needs are being taken care of.

really wonderful and outstanding

The folks that work there at Bedford Court are really wonderful and outstanding. They are very attentive to my mothers needs and responsive to any requests. So far we have been very pleased with them and can't even think of anything they could do better as they have been so great.

The assisted living side is dangerous, the independent side is fine.

The independent living was fine, my loved one was there for a while. When we transferred to the assisted living, it was a whole different story. They were very understaffed. They had extremely poor communication between the staff and family. The staff is very overworked. They always had excuses. When my loved one fell, the call buttons didn't work, and we couldn't even get through, we had to call the concierge. The independent living is very good. A lot of the caregivers were very friendly, and did the best they could, but they were poorly organized. I had to hire private caregivers to care for my mom. You also have to give two months notice to move out, which is very unusual. And people are moving in and out all the time. It was untenable. The assisted living is dangerous and I feel unsafe having my mother there. The independent living is okay. They don't really have activities there either.

Great food. Previously visited. Staff not interacting with residents unless absolutely needed, not changing beds when needed...head women a tad too head strong.
Yet, quite responsive if expressed concern. Didn't notice a wound on my uncle...I had to bring it to their attention.

Sunrise Senior Living

We would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise as we take all concerns seriously. Please email [removed]. Thank you

Bedford Court, My Mom'S New Home!

Bedford Court staff made my mom's transition an easy experience. ALL of the staff are very friendly and accommodating. We made requests to have changes to meet my mom's needs such as lowering the mailbox and shelving in her closets and everything was done prior to her arrival. The dining area is lovely and inviting. My mom likes the food and the variety of choices! She's indicated that they don't salt the food but let you add to your taste and needs, which is great! There are plenty of activities going on and if your favorite isn't there, you can sign up and invite others to play. My mother loved meeting all of the directors of each department such as engineering, activities, housekeeping, etc. who came up individually in ten minute intervals to meet and greet Mom and explain the services available to her. As Mom has met the residents who have been here from 4 months to 10+ years, they have all expressed how happy they are with their choice to live in Bedford Court. My mom also loves the fact that having a strip-shopping mall just a short walking distance, even with her walker, to the post office, bank, Giant, and other stores to browse makes her feel independent without driving. But Bedford Court does offer their van to take its residence anywhere within a five mile radius. At Bedford Court doctors such as a dermatologist, podiatrist, etc. are available in the building with office appointments. Also a bank, hair stylist, and manicurist are also available in the building on certain days. Plus, services such as weekly removal and washing of towels and sheets, biweekly apartment cleaning, maintenance of heating/air conditioning and appliances are all included in living there. Plus, the lifeline necklace or push buttons in the apartment make me feel that someone is always there if my m needs them. This too, is included as a resident!

Can not take ANYONE below t...

Can not take ANYONE below the age of 62

Beautiful community

This was our second choice. The staff out here were wonderful and professional. It was just timing and availability that make this a second choice and not a first choice. The courtyard was very nice. They have balconies which I thought were very nice.

I am very pleased and satisfied with Bedford court where my mom is living.

I am very pleased and satisfied with Bedford court where my mom is living.

I have already visited this...

I have already visited this property. I think it is too upscale for my mother. There is also a $12,500.00 buy in.

Still in the running for Mom. I am w...

Still in the running for Mom. I am worried that the bigger homes will not be able to give the level of care that she needs. Her only issue is fall hazard, but that is a big one. I spent night with Mom last night and nary a stumble so she is actually getting better balance. She has started PT and that is helping as well.

.different levels of care, independen...

.different levels of care, independent living and assisted $3250 includes utilities except enhance cable, basic cable, telephone not included, emergency call system, transportation, 2 buses.

I'm very impressed with everything he...

I'm very impressed with everything here. I think it would be perfect for her.

Bedford Court is a vibrant, independent full-service community located within walking distance of the Leisure World shopping center. Our community offers you a comfortable lifestyle, superb amenities and the highest standards of hospitality and service. The community is ideal for seniors who desire an active lifestyle. Residents enjoy gracious apartment accommodations, a variety of floor plans, fine restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, planned social and cultural activities, scheduled transportation and much more. Bedford Court provides residents peace of mind knowing Assisted Living, Nursing and Rehabilitative Care are available if they should ever need it. At Bedford Court, we do everything possible to understand and meet the needs and expectations of the people we serve. We invite you to visit us and experience the warm hospitality and high quality of our community.