Brightview Fallsgrove - Rockville, MD

Pretty Place but care is mediocre

My loved one is a resident here. The care is mediocre. It is an attractive facility but I have observed some of the staff behave unprofessionally to the residents, family members and to each other. I watched as wait staff was rude to my aunt because she couldn't decide on her meal. Very uncaring. Not recommended.

Brightview Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We know that your aunt’s care is extremely important to you, as it is to us. Candidates for employment at Brightview are carefully screened to identify empathetic and caring associates. After hire, they complete an extensive training program before they work with residents. Providing residents with independence and choice is the cornerstone of that training.
Since this was not your experience, we would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about what you observed. Please call our Executive Director at [removed] so we can continue the conversation.

Recent resident of Brightview Fallsgrove MD

Choosing Brightview as a place for my mother has shown to be a good choice. While she has only been there a few weeks, it is clear that the quality of her life is much better and engaging than before.

There are some things that need to be worked out and gotten used to in this change over, however, for the most part is has been very successful.

Would not recommend

My loved one was here only briefly, and I was not impressed at all by the services that they provided. The care staff were informed well ahead of time about the physical needs of my loved one, but they still seemed resentful and rude when it came to actually performing the tasks. I was also very disappointed in their activities program, my loved one received almost no stimulus whatsoever and was generally left on his own. I would not recommend this facility to anybody.

Staff who provide medications and personal assistance such as dressing are unfriendly and uncaring. They don't take the time to even say hello or good morning. My husband has sometimes not been treated with respect.

We searched a fifty mile radius for weeks for our Mom's move from her own home to a join a wonderful community. Brightview Fallsgrove was a hands down winner for a new home for our Mother. It is a vibrant senior living community. BFG is beautifully decorated, the staff is amazing, the food is wonderful for residents and guests. The residents are warm and welcoming. The amenities are top notch.

ARROGANT STAFF

The place is nice but some staff are pretty rude and arrogant

My aunt moved into this com...

My aunt moved into this community last week. The place is immaculate--beautifully decorated and new and clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. So far she is very happy. The sales associate Wendy went out of her way to find us the perfect apartment.

It's more of a memory care instead of assisted living,

We weren't there very long, because our loved one didn't like it. It was kept very clean, and the staff was very friendly. It's more of a memory care instead of assisted living, we thought it was a separate wing but that wasn't the case. Without memory issues it's difficult to interact with the other residents. They said that they had a lot of activities, and that didn't seem to be the case, they didn't have much variety for what they did have. The services were very poor, the two times in a month the laundry was done it got lost, they only cleaned the apartment once, and they never made the bed. It was gorgeous and in a good location for us. It's definitely not for someone who is independent and wants to transition to a little more assistance.

Incredibly caring and patient staff

My loved one is very happy here! One that that really stands out to me is that all of the staff, whether they are in the memory care section or not, always greet my loved one by name and with a big smile. The staff have an incredible amount of patience and empathy. We're very pleased with this place, and would definitely recommend it to others.

1st Respite Care Resident at This Facility

My Mother fell in her home and broke her arm just below the shoulder was in a rehabilitation facility and needed to go home or to assisted living for a couple of months, so she would not use up all of her rehabilitation days allowed under medicare. Since this is short term respite care we were concerned about the price but mainly wanted the best care and set up to support my mom as stress free as possible at this time. We found that Brightview at Fallsgrove was the best set up for my Mom as she did not want a too large of a room and can make the walk to the dinning and activity rooms which are close by her location in this facility. Everyone has been very supportive and given great care to my Mom here she will be here until we find out if her arm is healing OK later this month.

Thanks for your patience and help!

I worked w/Sheyna Dorfman for almost 3 years -- with a long hiatus -- in trying to find a place for my mother. It was an arduous and stressful time, but Sheyna put up with a lot of my hand wringing and mom's difficulty in making a move. However, we just moved her to a great facility that Sheyna recommended. She was great.

Loved the staff

We were really comfortable with the staff there, we thought they were very professional, we liked their philosophy and how they interacted with the residents. It's a new facility, it's very cherry, my mom is in memory care and of all the places we visited, this was the only place that put memory care on the first floor, all the other ones had them locked up on the third floor so there's a lot more integration with the other residents.

Expensive but worth it

It is a very nice community. The people here are very nice. The food is excellent. Anyone that moves here would be very happy. It is a very nice location. It is a costly community but it is worth the money. I am paying about $6,000 for a 300 sqft room. If you can afford this community I would recommend you move into it.

The design-build community will feature residential apartments and personalized assistance and care services for seniors who need help with the activities of daily living. Brightview communities are known for offering a holistic approach to care and life enrichment. Each resident is esteemed for their unique individuality. Staffing includes a nurse on-site seven days a week and full-time Program Coordinators provide opportunities for fulfilling social relationships and activities that promote productivity, well-being, lifelong learning, and self-esteem.

In addition to a personalized care plan, services include housekeeping, dining, transportation, and maintenance provided by a highly trained and caring staff. The community will have a café/bar, a beauty/barber salon, and several other amenity spaces. Apartments at the three-story community will range in size from 300 to 850-sf and offer the residents a variety of floor plan options.