Brighton Gardens of Tuckerman Lane - Rockville, MD

We are leaning toward this option. beautiful location; residents looked happy; fits in our price range.

Care for family

The staff is nice and the community is clean. I do not feel like the staff is trained in certain areas. The staff have been helpful and trying their best. The menu is good and they offer healthy meals. We would suggest that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Nice Experience!!

I recently had a tour of this community for my loved one and I have no complaints of how things went for us. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. They had an open floor plan with lots of great amenities available to all of the residents. It was just not the right location in the end decision.

They Have Other Options

Everything went good with the tour. I saw nothing wrong and it was very nice. The are a larger community with a lot of residents who are more independent my mom. I liked that they had a nursing services available if the care was needed.

Tour and Value for Care

We toured this community and the staff was nice and helpful. We liked this clean community that offered a lot for the residents. The menu looked appealing and the activities would have been nice. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Care and comfort

This is an outstanding community. We are pleased with the care from this community and like knowing that the community is clean and well maintained. They offer a good variety of meals that are enjoyed. We would recommend this care and value of this community to other families for care for a loved one.

Great place, not a good fit for us though.

It's a beautiful facility! Everyone is friendly. Our issue was that they do not have a dedicated/secure memory care floor. Our dad was confused and tried to leave a few times. We didn't predict this behavior or may not have chosen this facility. We had no choice but to pay an outside agency to come in and watch him as this facility did not have the staff for this. This extra outside help was very expensive. We ended up taking him to a secure Sunrise facility which Brighton Gardens recommended. It's working out great. I highly recommend Brighton Gardens for Assisted Living.

My friend did not feel safe here.

This community did not seem to work out for my friend. She had a short rehabilitation stay here. She did feel that she was verbally [Removred] by one of the staff members. There was one staff member though that she really liked. The community was clean . This community does offer skilled nursing and assisted living apartments.

Wonderful staff!

The staff has been absolutely wonderful with mom. She just is not transitioning very well I would like them to do more for her. They do offer activities that she can get involved with. The food is okay nothing to call home about. The community is always kept clean and neat for her.

Close to home!

The staff here is great and they are doing a great job. The community is always kept clean and neat. Never any problems with that. I liked that they were the best that I had seen and they are really close to me. I can see my wife everyday now.

Close this place

If I thought that there was a better place this close I would move my parents immediately

They are trying to make it better but it's slow going and all the while we are paying way too much

We also have to supplement the care the BGTL provides

The food is horrible: the activities lacking

Assessment of Brighton Gardens of Tuckerman Lane, Rockville

Top-flight, very professional and extremely friendly managers and caregivers. Great food, premises and location! Prompt and courteous service at all times. I give my new home an A++ in absolutely everything!

Very good. Caring staff. Minor hiccups

I wish there were a rating for Very Good; I am slow to give a perfect score to anything or anyone.
I am there mostly on the weekends to see family, and I've experienced a few issues with the weekend staff (notary stamped but forgot to sign a document, can't get answers to medical questions till Monday, bed is unmade for a long time). They are very responsive, and cheerful and caring, though, and don't seem jaded at all, which can be a problem for caregivers.
The activities are nothing less than corny - singing WWII songs around a CD player, for example. I wonder if the playlist will be Black Sabbath when I get there myself, or will it stay the same because that's what old people are supposed to like? They do have good snacks in the lobby that bring out residents in the afternoon, and comfortable seating in the gathering place. They also have outings and movies that seem good, if remarkably unobjectionable/non-controversial/less interesting. But at least it gets the residents to talk about something other than Donald Trump (too many are "for).
One of 3 small, slow elevators has been out of service for 2 months now, which is unacceptable. I asked about the fire plan to evacuate residents with all those stairs and never got a satisfactory answer.
The bottom line is it's much nicer than I thought I had a right to expect an assisted living to be, and I'd want to go there myself. There do seem to be problems, but it's not with staff caring and responsiveness.

Lots of activities

There are lots of activities for the residents here. The building is clean and cozy. The first thing that strikes you when you come in is the homey atmosphere of the place. The staff here is so thoughtful.

communication with staff can be very difficult

At Brighton Gardens of Tuckerman Lane the communication with staff can be very difficult. I have more problems communicating with them! For instance, I thought they were ordering certain supplies and they thought I was, etc. Because of this thing are not as good I would like them to be. Some of staff there are marvelous. You take the good with the bad. The apartment itself is really nice.

Very activity oriented. Sunrise. Grea...

Very activity oriented. Sunrise. Great atmosphere, 2 seatings in main dining room for lunch and dinner to encourage schedule and interaction with other residents.

Just minutes from the Metro Station, White Flint Mall and Strathmore Park, Brighton Gardens of Tuckerman Lane is surrounded by trees and garden areas, yet within easy access to downtown Bethesda, transportation, shopping and many other conveniences. We offer a blend of Assisted Living and Nursing/Sub Acute Rehabilitation services enabling us to provide a continuum of care not available in other rental communities. We pride ourselves in our outstanding care and services provided by a caring and seasoned staff. Each employee goes through a week long class on Alzheimer's dementia care, community relations, customer service, the aging process and fundamentals. Each employee is to have yearly certifications on Alzheimer's and dementia care, resident rights, infection control and hazard. We have purposed based activities that include making blankets for homeless children, a drama club that performs quarterly, a photography club not to mentions all the wonderful outing like concerts at the Strathmore, lunch at Brookside Gardens or a scenic drive to Harpers Ferry. Brighton Gardens of Tuckerman Lane is a family community that provides an enriching environment for one to champion the quality of life.