Alden Courts/Garden Des Plaines - Des Plaines, IL

Everything is wonderful

The staff at Alden Courts is personable, family like and attentive. The food is good and they offer a lot of daily activities. The community is very clean and I would recommend it.

Wonderful care!

My father has lived at Alden Gardens Assisted Living in Des Plaines for 2 years. We could not be happier with the care he receives. The director and her staff are very committed to their residents and we love that there is a nurse on duty 24/7.

Great option.

Our mother has been a resident for two years and she tells everyone she loves her new home. As family, we are pleased with the quality of care she has received. The staff is attentive, caring, loving, upbeat and always friendly. The many scheduled activities offer opportunities for involvement. Cleanliness is always top notch. Food service is excellent. Alden gardens was a great choice!

Nice Tour, Friendly

My tour went well of this community. The experience was a nice one. The community looked well-kept. From what I saw everything was neat and tidy. The staff was kind and friendly. There were many factors that played into where to place my aunt for her needs. This is a nice community, but it wasn't the one for us.

Beautiful care

I am very happy with them. They are the best. It's a nice looking community, and every has been very friendly and welcoming! The food is good. The staff is very good about attending to her needs and very receptive.

Step -mother"s home

I would like to see more interaction from the care givers I sometimes think that it is just a job
I think if maybe the would play music and not just have the TV on all the time

Sounds like a wonderful com...

Sounds like a wonderful community. As levels decline pt is transferred out of the community and sent to SNF. Expensive.

Temporary care

I was only there about once a week but I never heard any complaints from the other family members. It was private pay and I didn't really get involved with the financial aspects of it but I thought they were pretty good. They were really responsive with any changes that we did want to make. It was her first experience with a nursing home and she went in with some issues so it wasn't like putting her in her normal environment but it wasn't noticeably difficult for her because of her dementia. They tried to include her in the activities for the residents but I don't think they were specifically geared for her because they weren't specifically memory care. She was not a permanent resident there, they were evaluating her to see if she could possibly be but because of her specific care needs she wasn't a good fit.

Nice place, good people, lacks IL and...

Nice place, good people, lacks IL and full nursing care. No space

Alden Gardens offers older adults the opportunity to live an active life with monitored care in a safe, friendly environment. Alden Gardens is part of the Alden Des Plaines community, which offers Alzheimer/dementia assisted living and a skilled nursing facility with physical therapy, IV therapy, wound care and many other services. Alden Gardens offers brand new, comfortable private and deluxe studio apartments. Each luxurious apartment is equipped with the Lifeline call system, microwave oven, refrigerator, electric day bed, individual thermostat and spacious bathroom. Our outgoing, creative and professional staff help create a warm and caring atmosphere where every request is fulfilled with a smile. Residents may enjoy a delicious breakfast buffet in the fine dining room or on the terrace. Our Garden Grille offers a wide assortment of healthy made-to-order menu selections, salad bar, soup bar and a magnificent array of exquisite homemade pastries and desserts. At Alden Gardens, you can celebrate the fine art of living. Welcome home!