Generations Oakton Arms - Des Plaines, IL

• Long Term Care
  • Speech Therapy
  • Memory Care Services

Great value and support

My mother has been living here for two years now and it is great. The rooms are large, the staff is so helpful and accommodating. She has a 1-bedroom, which is terrific. If she is under the weather, they bring lunch and dinner to her and she loves the food. I really can only think of good things to say.

Caring

A caring facility. Couldn't be happier. Its clean, the food is good and the nurses are amazing. I shopped around, 22 places to be exact and Generations always pulled me back.

Care and comfort

We were at this community for care for a time period. The staff was nice and the community was always clean. The menu seemed appealing and they offered activities. We wanted a different environment. We would suggest that families tour this community for the care of a loved one for the options that are available for care.

Food 1) breakfast not included; 2) general menu falls short of my expectations. Health of the institution - how long can the community sustain a 50% vacancy rate? Otherwise things seemed fine.

Previously knew.,.

My mother was at the Generations before and it was a great place then, but I couldn't move in for personal reasons. I'm sure if it was good before, it must be wonderful now.

We are so thankful that we found this place for my mom and dad. From the moment we walked in and were greeted by Kelly it felt right. Kelly made everything go smooth and she is wonderful. Their apt is beautiful and large. Everyone is helpful and friendly. The pharmacy service and transportation service is great. We thought it would be very hard for my parents to adjust since until their accident 4 months before they had their own home and car. This is not the case they are very very happy and have adjusted well. We dont have any complaints and highly recommend Oakton Arms.

Wonderful!

Things were wonderful when my step-mother was at Generations Oakton Arms. They jumped right in to help. The place is amazingly clean. Too clean even to my step-mom who tended to be a hoarder. The staff was very friendly. Kelly went out of her way to introduce my step-mom to all the ladies at the dining table, that was wonderful that she took the time to do that, my step-mom really appreciated it. They did outings to go out to lunch some days, she really liked that. I was very satisfied witht this community and would definitely choose them again in the future. I had to bring my step-mom back home for the time being. But if needed again would like her back at Generations.
A Place For Mom was also wonderful, helped when my step-mom was being released from the hospital early and I needed the help finding a great place for her to go.

After one month, parent and children happy with choice.

My mother has been at Oakton Arms for three weeks. My family's overall impression has been very positive. I don't feel I could give Oakton Arms five stars only because my mom has only been there three weeks.
This is a smaller facility with a smaller population than the two local Brookdale facilities that we visited. This was a positive for my mother as she found the Brookdale facilities a little to busy for her taste. There are still plenty of people to socialize with, and mom seems to be making new friends.
The staff has been very friendly to our entire family. They answered countless questions before mom moved in, and she reports they continue to be friendly and helpful to her.
One of the things my mom was concerned with was what the quality of food would be. I am happy to report she is quite pleased with the food. My sister has joined her for two meals and said she was pleasantly surprised with the quality.
Oakton Arms was the best value of the places we were considering. They included some services that were ala carte at other facilities.
All in all, my mother's experience has been very positive. Although she was nervous about leaving her condo and the familiarity that went with it, both she, I and my siblings are happy with her move to Oakton Arms. She is getting needs met that she was not at her condo. Mainly, social interaction, regular meals and safety features. We, her children,are happy she can get help with just simple things. Recently, a staff member fixed her television remote for her. If you've ever tried to explain to a senior citizen how to program a remote over the phone, you'll know how huge that is.
Obviously, tastes are different, so you should definitely visit a few sites. I would recommend not visiting more than two a day. It gets overwhelming, and its hard to remember which facility had which services.

My grandma has lived at Generations - Oakton Arms since May of last year. The decision to move to a senior community was difficult for my grandma at first, but living at Oakton has made all of that difficulty disappear. Grandma loves her new friends and spends her days "on the go" enjoying all of the activities the building plans for its residents. Grandma enjoys her neighbors and all of the residents look out for each other, creating a strong and vibrant community.

Even better, Oakton encourages Grandma to stay independent. Each of the resident rooms/apartments are spacious and comfortably set up to encourage residents to be as independent as possible. The individual kitchens are great for small snacks and the facility provides delicious and healthy meals for both lunch and dinner. Grandma eats her meals with a wonderful group of ladies who love to have friends and family join them at meal times.

The staff at Oakton have also been incredible about meeting Grandma's needs. They are always friendly and warm when we come visit and they are wonderful at working with us to accommodate Grandma's prescription deliveries from the local Walgreens. They even helped keep an eye on Grandma the last time she had a cold, when my family was out of town on our last vacation.

Even more important, the staff treat my Grandma like she matters. She isn't just another senior, but a person who deserves respect. Grandma has become their family and I couldn't be happier with the place she now calls home.

Whether you’re seeking a vibrant senior community or searching for rehabilitative care for yourself or a loved one, Generations at Oakton is dedicated to serving your family’s needs and exceeding your expectations.

Generations at Oakton is a beautiful campus featuring two living options: Oakton Arms and Oakton Pavillion.

The Oakton Arms facility offers independent living. This is the place for seniors who are staying active, but want comfortable, safe and convenient housing.

When you’re recovering from major surgery, illness or injury, you want to get back on track as soon as possible. At Oakton Pavillion, you’ll find world-class rehabilitative and skilled nursing services with the comforts of home. Since 1986, we’ve received continuous accreditation from The Joint Commission, the gold standard for healthcare facilities. Fewer than five percent (5%) of all health care facilities nationwide can say this! A dedicated team of therapists, nurses, and social service staff create a specialized rehabilitation program that best suits the unique needs of each resident. Our goal is to give you back maximum independence.

Located in beautiful Des Plaines, Ill., Generations at Oakton has beautiful outdoor patio and picnic areas that are beautifully landscaped and provide residents and guests with a place to enjoy the outdoors in a safe and comfortable environment. The location is also conveniently located within walking distance of nearby restaurants, coffee shops, and shopping.

Family members, friends, and guests also love coming to Generations at Oakton. Our campus is conveniently located on Oakton Street with plenty of parking available. Generations at Oakton offers family lounges on each floor that are perfect for family gatherings in a cozy atmosphere

Many of our guests and residents are from the surrounding area including Des Plaines, Park Ridge, Niles, Glenview, Rosemont, Mt. Prospect, Arlington Heights, Elk Grove Village, Skokie, Evanston, Lincolnwood, Harwood Heights, Norridge, and Chicago.

We invite you to visit and tour our fine facility. Please call us at 847-299-5588 or contact us online to schedule a tour. Tours are available 7 days a week.