Wellshire Morton Grove - Morton Grove, IL

Experience Is Going Well

My mother is doing well here in this community. I do feel she is in good hands, and safe. They have a lovely staff, and they have been great to work with. They are taking great care of her, and needs. The experience is going very well, and this is a community I would recommend to my friends.

Heartbreak at Assisted Living

This place looks good. The lobby is attractive giving the look of a boutique hotel. The rooms are a good size allowing for things from home to decorate the space. Unfortunately, they don't have enough staff to take care of the residents. There are no staffing guidelines for Assisted Living so they hide behind that fact. Wait times for help are unusually long. The activities are boring and repetitive. The food has fancy names but they serve the same things over and over again. They use lots of canned fruit and frozen vegetables. With a little work this could be a great place. They have a new director. The jury is out.

One Of the Tours On My List

I had a tour and I saw a clean community and good staff who appeared to know what they were doing for the residents. Overall they were too much money for me and not very convenient location.

Not our first choice...

I toured The Wellshire, and I think it used to be under a different name. We had someone that we knew that used to stay there years ago and did not have a good experience. I think that might have had an impact on our decision, but also, it was an older place. I'm sure everything is fine, but you know when you wonder into a place and just get a certain feel for it? The people were all very friendly and it was a good tour, but just not what we were looking for.

I Liked Seeing The Effort

They had the most activities and flexibility. They were more expensive for the extra health care expense. It is a large facility with tons of activities. they pride themselves of activities and I felt they had different arrangements for activities. The tour was very good and provided another tour for my family members.

I really like this place and would like to revisit them today in order to explore 2 studios instead of a one bedroom for my parents

closer to a nursing home than assisted living. environment a bit dreary, not a lot of residents out and about, but seems like they provide good care and a very good value for the money. not lively and lovely enough for my mom.

Positive Atmosphere!!

It's very quiet in the community everyone is friendly and caring. I have visited my father during meal time and the food looks good he has not complained about it. There are very few activities offered. His room and the whole community are neatly organized. One thing i like is the great communication from the nurses it really helps to know that if something happens they will get in direct contact.

very good in every way

My mother seems to be doing very well at Terrace Gardens Assisted Living. We live fairly close by and stop in a few times a week. She really likes the food. They include her in the activities and such as much as she wants to be included. They have good nurses on staff to provide the medication and treatment for her. I needed her at a place where I knew would be cared for and happy, and that has happened. They have been very good in every way.

They are okay so far.

They are okay so far. We don't have any major complaints at this time. We chose them over some of the other communities we considered, because they seemed to be a better value. They were more reasonably priced.

Everything is really good. They are so nice and accommodating. They are also helpful and take good care of their residents. My overall rating of the Terrace Gardens Assisted Living is 4 1/2 Stars. They are very friendly here so I rated the friendliness 5 stars. Everything has been working out well here. I am glad we made this selection. This is a great assisted living community that we are very pleased with.

This was a very nice place though, and the staff was friendly.

I toured here, and Avi gave me a thorough tour. I liked the facility very much. My loved one liked it too, but there was another one that just clicked with her better. This was a very nice place though, and the staff was friendly.

This is the facility that we chose for my father. The assisted living has levels of care for residents who may need a little extra support which is what my father will need. They also have a skilled nursing that is very clean, neat, and a rehab facility that is well-run, which is something else my father will need. Their rehab will work with him in his own apartment and even afterwards so that he can continue his rehab and strengthening. The assisted living apartments are new...less than 3 years old and are very nicely taken care of. We are very happy with our choice.

Dad just loves living at Terrace Gardens. The community is so warm and friendly. The nurses really take the time to care for him and get to know him. He loves all the activities and trips that they go on. Meal time is his favorite. All the food is delicious and taste great. We couldn't be happier with our choice for dad at Terrace Gardens.

Beautiful. Still want to v...

Beautiful. Still want to visit the Rehab Private Pay and Medicaid beds.

Terrace Gardens

It is a beautiful building. Mom has her privacy but has help when she needs it. Food is very good and varied. Staff is personable and anxious to give Mom a positive experience. It is a hard transition and she is not happy but with her confusion and low short term memory, she never will be.

Diane [removed] Call button is worn ...

Diane [removed] Call button is worn not installed. Could probably get hospital bed. 24 hour nurse on site (including Bethany), bring our own furniture, bed sore ok stage 1 and 2. Felt more honest about possibity of taking her or not. $2500 deposit, $2000 refundable after termination. Private studio apt. would be around $4750 to $5150 with what level Mom probably needs. Wont take deposit until after do assessment. 30 days notice