Sunrise of Bonita - Chula Vista, CA

Very clean, modern facility.Staff extremely welcoming. Rooms were spacious for what they were.

Wonderful facility, easy access for residents to the main recreational areas because it is a nice, smaller size than many facilities I have seen. Their prices reflect the staff to resident ratio. Excellent floorplans.

I found the facility very clean and nice, I would be happy to have my loved one there except for the costs!

Happy but not a good fit

My uncle is in this community and he likes it but he is starting to look for other arrangements. This is a community geared to assisted living and he is more independent. It seemed to have the staff and they were knowledgeable about his special diet. It is nice and clean and they fed him good.

Liked this community

We liked Sunrise of Bonita community. It is a beautiful community with a lot of amenities. We chose another community that was close to our family members so that we would be able to visit more often.

Very nice place, Very Clean with many amenities. Looks like a distinct possibility.

Wonderful Respite Stay

My husband stayed at the Sunrise of Bonita for a brief respite stay. They took excellent care of him and his care needs. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was very warm and inviting. They were easy to talk to about any questions or concerns that I had. The meals they served were okay, but they did offer a selection of other choices if you did not want what was on the main menu. It was a very clean and well-kept community. They offered activities and the staff would encourage the residents to participate. There was a small courtyard for the residents to go out and enjoy the outdoors. It was very affordable and I was extremely satisfied with the care they provided for my husband. I would definitely recommend this community to others.

Very nice clean facility. Staff was well nagged with residents. Excellent meal plan. Self pay was drawback as financial assistance will be required in the near future for my friend.

Wonderful Community

I think Mom is doing really well at the Sunrise of Bonita. They charge based on what level of care is needed, mom's care is the top tier level so we pay more because of the level of care she needs. It is a beautiful community. The staff is very friendly and caring and they respond to her care needs to the best of their ability. It is very easy to communicate with the staff any questions or concerns regarding the care of my mom. They serve three meals a day and snacks in between. We try and dine with her as often as we can and they offer a wide variety of healthy choices, the meals are well balanced. It is a very clean and homey atmosphere. The residents that I've talked to seem happy and my mom is actually participating in the activities so she is making new friends. They do have a beauty salon on-site, but I have people come in and pamper my mom with manicures & pedicures and have her hair done. They also have a laundry facility on-site which is very convenient. It's great that they are pet-friendly, mom's cat was allowed to move in with her. Outside they offer a nice walking path around the community beautifully landscaped. There are also nice patio areas with umbrellas and chairs with comfortable seating. They have a locked garden area that the memory care unit can also enjoy the fresh air. I would definitely recommend this community to friends and family.

Very Nice place

I thought the this was a really nice community and the tour was very well done. I do feel that they would have been able to accommodate my mother's needs nicely. We just weren't to about the drive to visit.

My sister and I toured the Sunrise Senior Living facility for our father, we enjoyed our tour, thanks to [Removed]. The RN and LVN are in house which works out good because our father is Diabetic and needs Insulin shots.The building was very nice and not hard to find. The staff's first priority is making sure their in house residents are taken care of. It's really nice because you don't feel like you're in a hospital, it's more of a home feeling. A nice kitchen area that we could probably bring something to cook for our father and he can hang out with us and maybe help us. Activities are planned out to keep everyone busy, along with daily exercise and outings.The rooms are really nice for one or two persons, large closet area, nice and roomy. Over all we totally enjoyed this place and rate it a high 4. Thank you again very much.

A really good tour!

We also toured Sunrise of Bonita, and we thought it was a very nice place as well. It would have been perfect for my loved one, but it was just too far. If it wasn't for the distance, it would have been one of our top choices! The person there was friendly and informative, they took their time with us.

Father's Good Care

This a great .community for excellent care. The meals are appealing. They like the staff and theyThe staff gives a lot of personal attention to the residents. They offer a lot of nice activities. The community is clean and very appealing. I like that it is close to my home and my father is happy here. I would recommend the care of this community to other families for the great care and value

[Removed] was great; staff is bilingual in various languages which I believe would make my mother more comfortable; has option of companion suite; assisted living portion has small outside area and not gated in; memory care area has a nice small courtyard section; provided pricing on both parents if decided to go that route.

Care for mom

I am happy with the care that my mom is getting here. The staff has been very helpful to her needs. She is happy with the variety of meals. They do offer her activities, yet she does not want to participate. We would recommend this community for the good care that is given here for a great value

The best choice!

My loved one is doing wonderfully since her move to the Sunrise. They are very accommodating and even send lunch with her when she does to dialysis. They have something called A Taste of Sunrise, where they let the resident's family go and try them meals that they provide for them. She has a new perspective of life, things are really going well at the moment.

This is a beautiful clean community.

The staff were caring, attentive, friendly and professional. The food was delicious and they offered a lot of daily activities. My husband did a respite stay at this community and they do charge you for an entire month. If you are not going to be there the whole time they prorate the bill and refund you the difference. I liked that they have community animals as well as the residents are able to have animals on site.

Excellent facility

My husband needed short term respite care and Sunrise provided that care in a clean and friendly environment. The staff is attentive without being invasive. Meals are included and are varied and tasty.

A nice community!!

I liked this community and I am sure it is good. The people I met were nice and the community seemed clean. The person that conducted our tour seemed to love her job, however the community I chose seemed to have a little more mature and experienced staff member.

Greatnesss!

We had a wonderful experience with the nice staff at this facility. We thank them so much-Michelle, Dan, Neisha, Philip and Sandra. They truly care about people and although my mother had lived in several facilities this one BY FAR is the VERY BEST. Everyone at this facility is like family.

A short tour

It was a nice tour and the manager was nice. It was a great and beautiful community. I was not offered any of the meals. They did have activities that are offered. I would recommend this community

Father's Care.

This community was fair with the care that they offered my father. He was not there too long, but seemed to like the staff who were nice. The community is clean with a few small areas for improvement. I think this community needs alittle help in a few areas.

My Wife Is Cared For Here

My wife is living in a clean facility. It is clean outside and my wife's room gets cleaned too. I am happy with the care that the caregivers provide and the staff have been great. They are easy to speak with and give a friendly atmosphere. My wife has been put on a pureed diet so she is not enjoying the taste. They can improve on a better taste.

They staff are very nice and attentives!!

The staff at Sunrise help my husband with his exercises. He is currently working with hospice and they are nice to work with. He likes the food, however I think he could use more green foods and protein. This community is kept clean and I would recommend this community.

Very happy family

The people that work here are amazing. They truly care about their residents. I am honored to have had my parents living in this facility.

Thank you for your care of our mother!

Our family's minds were put at ease when our mother was on hospice and spent her final days peacefully at Sunrise. The staff were so caring and quick to accommodate whatever was asked of them. Michelle, Neisha and Dan were wonderful to work with. They paid attention to small details and were very compassionate and sensitive to our situation with our mother.
We were always greeted by a friendly receptionist when we came to see our mother. We were always asked if there was anything we needed.
Though our mother was there a short time we felt she was being taken care of and was treated with dignity and discreetness.

Content and happy with this place

Just moved my mom in and everyone was so helpful. People truly care here. Her caregiver Veronica is so patient and kind. Our expectations were quite high and we have had a great experience from the time we walked in to tour up until now.

My mother hygiene has tremendously improved she does have Dementia so that was our biggest issue. They have managed to keep her clean and content.

Not Happy. Looking for another location.

Constant reminder to bathe parent. Have found parent wearing same clothing for several days at a time. I've had to bathe and change clothes numerous times. Once I was told he had not been bathed in a week. Makes me wonder if he is getting his medications regularly. They workers seem to be over worked, When I went through the tour I was told nothing was need except my parent's clothing. Since then, we are reminded to bring gloves, towels, diapers, toiletries. All those items should have been requested from day one.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

Great!

A special thank you to everyone who works here. My loved one lived here for a short time but the compassion our family experienced was remarkable. This organization is truly dedicated to seniors and their families.

Impressed with the feel and care

I am so happy to have my mother here. Everyone I meet here is so eager to please and help. I was very hesitant to move my mother in but Michelle the Sales girl did everything to make the transition easy. Her passion for seniors and their families during this hard time really shows through her willingness to have or find solutions to everything. Dan the head of the building did a great job of giving me piece of mind. My mother even goes to happy hour and has really come out of her shell thanks to Sandra the activity girl. I truly appreciate the love and care they provide everyday. I feel like I have chosen the right place.

Very fortunate to have our loved one here

Outstanding place for your loved ones. The staff were loving and tentative to our mother especially in her last days. They are equipped to assist in all situations that arise with caring for the elderly.

Many Thanks to the Staff!

My mother moved in about a month ago now. Michelle, Dan and Neisha really helped me through the whole process of the move in. The staff is great they really helped me feel at ease with the move.
My mother now gets her hair and nails done she loves going on the outings. Most important her medication is back to normal many thanks to the nursing department (Liz and Christine).

I am now moving another family member in. I cant thank this facility enough for the attention to detail and their amazing communication.

Fabulous staff!

Both my Mom and my Dad are at Sunrise of Bonita and they are doing fabulous there! Everything is great. I highly recommend this community. My parents say the food is great. The attention from the staff is fabulous, they are really nice. It feels like home there, everyone is like family. My parents are reluctant with acitivies, they have not ventured to participate yet but maybe with time.

Great first experience

Great people who truly care. I toured this facility and they are by far the best I have seen! Everyone was so helpful everyone was smiling. I actually saw a lot of care staff interacting with the people that live in the facility. I met with the management staff. They had great information I did not even think to ask. Very helpful not pushy at all. Prices were a tad bit higher but they have RN's 7 days a week. All nursing needs were addressed. I am expressed with the cleanliness and care.

Best place around!

I moved my sister in this past week. I am so amazed at the level of professionalism and care the staff here has. Michelle the sales person made the transition seamless. She really helped me from getting a mover to contacting her doctor. Shannon the director of care and Niesha were awesome. They really care and it so shows through the problem solving nature of the management here. I was so scared and they made everything so easy. VERY HAPPY!

Hospice Nurse

Kind warm caring place. Everyone has a smile and greets you. Winston their little dog is so cute. I have been to many facilities this one in particular smells like popcorn and fresh baked cookies!

Very Happy!

We love the people here they truly care. Michelle the Sales Person made everything so easy and seamless. Niesha the Assisted Living Manager is amazing very helpful. All the nurses are wonderful. We could not have chosen a better place. VERY HAPPY FAMILY!

Very Happy Family

Our father has lived there for about three weeks now. We live out of state and were so worried about his move. The staff made everything so easy. They communicate with you on concerns immediately. They truly care!

I am so happy I chose Sunrise of Bonita!

Happy to work with Sunrise

Everyone was willing to meet with me. I work for Home Health and people rarely have time for you. I met with Liz the head of nursing she was so caring and listened to what I had to say.

I appreciate the true and genuine care

Truly caring people work here. From the moment I walked in the place felt like home.

I took a tour with Michelle and she was so helpful. I them met with Shannon, Dan, Liz and Marleth. Christian the cook gave me peppermint bark he made from scratch. Everyone took a genuine interest in my mother and the care I was looking for. I don't know how these people do it but I am touched.

I will be moving my mother in this week. I feel so relieved I found Sunrise.

Amazing Staff

I love the people that work here! They go above and beyond daily!

When I walked in I saw a resident playing the piano with the biggest smile on their face.

I met with Michelle the Sales Director and she gave me great information I also Met with Dan the head manager and Liz the Head Nurse. They gave me such good information on every aspect of the move in process. They were very patient and they actually listened to what I had to say.

I felt important and felt they truly cared about not only my mother but me as well. On my tour they greeted each and every resident. Every staff member smiled and shook my hand.

I will be moving my mother in next week. This place feels so homey. I would recommend anyone who has a loved one who needs care go to this facility.

I am truly amazed!

Very impressed with what I saw

This place has a very homey feel. From the time you walk in it feels like a little bed and breakfast with tons of smiling residents. They have cute decorations and the staff members greet you with a smile.

I literally met every manager they made a great effort to give me as much information as I needed.

I would recommend this place to everyone. It smelled like fresh cookies and their dog Winston is so cute.

Seems like a nice facility

As far as facilities go, this seems like a nice one, but it was just too far out for us to have to go back and forth to visit my Mom. The staff seemed nice though.

VERY HAPPY FAMILY!

I really had a hard time choosing a place for my mother. The key people at Sunrise of Bonita are Michelle, Liz, Dan, Shannon and Christian they are compassionate and Professional. They really go above and beyond to please not only my family but all families.

They truly care about what they do and it shows everyday.

I felt comforted and supported during the whole process.

I would recommend this place to everyone I know!

Very accommodating!

the staff has been very willing to help and accommodate. They have made my mom feel very welcome. I only have one thing to say about activities. I wish they would do more for people who are not mobile, for example, read to them.

This staff is awesome at problem solving! So happy to work with them!

Very Impressed

This place is just amazing. Caring staff -I took a tour and saw the interaction between staff and their residents. It was one to the best experiences of any place I have been.
Dan and Liz were informative the care and compassion I could feel. Their activity girl Elyssa was so happy and was so excited to tell me what was going on in the facility. Michelle was understanding and loving. She made me feel a sense of peace throughout the tour. They literally answer every question you throw at them!

I would recommend this place to everyone. I actually am moving forward with moving my mother in. I am so thrilled! I left smiling I am so happy I found this place for my mother.

Home Care Agency

What a nice friendly atmosphere! Great organization and genuine people. They take high levels of care and have licensed staff. Awesome experience to walk in this building the feeling is wonderful.

Management team is one of the best I have ever worked with.

Great facility... Awesome staff!

I work in the industry and I refer all my patients to Sunrise of Bonita. The staff and management are very professional. I have referred 3 patients who are happy living at this facility. The nursing department and the caregivers are focused on the patients health and well being.

I toured this community!

Honestly out of all the places I toured I liked this one the best the only problem was it was too expensive for my mother. Everyone approched me during my tour. They knew me by first name, I was shocked. The facility did not have an odor and the patients looked very clean. I met with the Executive Director and the Head Nurse. They were informative, they even referred me to other places that were more in line with my budget. If they can not help you they will try to give you resources. I was impressed by the professionalism.

Thankful mother

My Daughter moved in just two months ago from out of state. She is battling end stage cancer and I can not thank the staff at Bonita enough for their care and kindness with the whole move. They really helped me when I thought I had no other options. The caregivers are wonderful and the management team has been great. They communicate issues and find creative ways to solve them for my family and I. It's so nice to see truly dedicated staff members. I feel like they are all a part of my family. Thank you SO much to everyone that works at Sunrise at Bonita you are truly angel's.

Thank you for caring!

Sunrise of Bonita is a wonderful place. Aside from the look of the facility the care and kindness the staff members give my father is amazing. From when I stepped foot in the building until the moment he moved in was a great experience. Every staff member greeted me with a warm loving smile. My father has been at Sunrise for about three months and the communication between nursing and the caregivers is wonderful.

This was a very scary process and learning experience for my family and I. They were very realistic with what I was to expect from the staff in regard to the care my father would receive. They made the transition somewhat seamless.

All I can say is I am glad I placed him in this facility he is so happy and content.

Special Thanks to Michelle, Dan, Elyssa, Ezeyma, Tiffany and Catalina. These people went above and beyond and I can not thank you enough.

The Sunrise concept is sort of the standard for what a premium senior community can provide. Great people, great facility, great approach. Only good things to say about this facility.

My father lived at Sunrise facility for a little over one year. Prior to moving my dad in, the family confirmed with Sunrise Intake Worker, [removed] that they would be able to take care of my dad’s urinary catheter care. They said they were equipped to do so and that the employees were trained to take care of residents with catheter care. Well, my dad had numerous infections while at this facility. Unfortunately from my observation the help there was not properly trained on urinary catheter care. My dad ultimately died from a severe urinary tract infection that shut down his kidneys. When he was transported to the hospital he had a fever of 104 degrees and low blood pressure. In addition, he did not have normal behavior per staff. All red flags for staff! This turn of events was very unfortunate and an obvious sign that staff is not trained or qualified to do routine assessments when patients are acting out of character or present with other symptoms.
As for my Mom, she came to this facility and was there for approximately one month. She had her own private medical providers and we told this to [removed]. However, somehow a visiting Physicians Assistant came to the facility and did an evaluation and prescribed her medications. First of all, he was not authorized to see her because she had her own private doctors. And we indicated all of this information on the intake process. [removed].
I only share these two events with those of you that are looking for an assisted living facility for your parents or loved ones. I could go on and on. But, I have selected the most relevant events to share and both are medically related. Incidentally, I believe they have 1 RN and 2 med-techs on staff for the assisted living section. None of the staff that does the day to day care have any medical training or medical credentials to qualify them to evaluate a residents physical or mental health.
I hope you will consider these events in the evaluation of Sunrise of Bonita, Chula Vista. Look beyond the decor and you will discover that Sunrise is understaffed, has a high attrition rate for their employees, and caregivers lack the training they need to identify health care needs.
Last, I wish to praise two staff caregivers that went above and beyond their job description: [removed]

The care has been wonderful

The only complaint I have is that the administration won't send our information to the insurance. We have to keep paying. That's the only complaint we have. Other than that, my experience has been great. The care has been wonderful. They have been very respectful to my loved one and to the people in memory care. They even let him keep his dog. It has been a great experience so far. My loved one is really happy here.

Beautiful facility. Excellent level of care. Pets welcome even in memory care. Consistent staff working with clients so it is not a different person each day.Everyone looked clean and very happy.

They go Above and Beyond

Sunrise is a great community! They treat everyone well and with the respect they deserve. Immediately they made me feel like I made the right decision. If there are any situations that develop they are addressed immediately. They truly will bend over backwards for their residents. The food is excellent and the lead chef goes out of his way to accommodate Mom and any allergies she may have. He sometimes personally delivers her special meal. I must mention Dan the care manager and Michelle the sales director. They definitely go above and beyond. Also Mom's caregivers, Megan and Elsie are exceptional. I must mention Winston the 8 month old house pup that has taken over many hearts. He is a positive addition to Sunrise. Mom has had such a dramatic improvement in her overall well being that I am truly in awe.

Review of Sunrise of Bonita in Chula Vista, CA

Dan was very informative with my fathers care plan. He went over everything I felt I needed to know. He made my decision easy to choose Sunrise when I found out how much he was involved in the care. He is knowledgable and understands dementia, he taught me how to deal with my father and understand what he was going through my father has been there for 4 months now and loves the community.

Review of Sunrise of Bonita in Chula Vista, CA

Sunrise goes above and beyond. I have never seen such compassion and kindness every single day. I know that my loved one will be taken care of while enjoying all that sunrise has to offer!

Review of Sunrise of Bonita in Chula Vista, CA

I met with Shannon the nurse and she gave me piece of mind knowing my mothers meds would be taken care of. at the last community she was at the nurse gave him a wrong med so I was paniced. Shannon contacts me whenever there is a change. She is GREAT! Communication is what I appreciate.

Review of Sunrise of Bonita in Chula Vista, CA

My mother recently went on hospice the transition was seamless. Sunrise is taking great care of her. I would recommend sunrise to anyone.

Review of Sunrise of Bonita - Chula Vista, CA

My wife was placed here in the event of an emergency. The time the staff took to get to know her made me feel secure. I was scared and they made me feel comfort in knowing she was in good hands. I have now moved in and they are wonderful to me as well - couldn't pick a better place. STAFF IS AMAZING!

Review of Sunrise of Bonita - Chula Vista, CA

I went to Sunrise for Resources to Remember event. The food was great. Staff was smiling. Felt like a home. Met lots of smiling faces.

VERY IMPRESSED

I toured this community and when I walked in I fell in love. They have such a cute quaint homey atmosphere. Compared to all the other places I like this one the best. Everyone smiled and said hi as I walked by.

I met most of the managers. It did not have an odor and they said they recently renovated which I could tell.

I am proud to stay my grandmother is moving this week. I brought her in for lunch and she fell in love as well.

Their dog is so CUTE!!!

VERY IMPRESSED

Touched!

My brother moved in to Sunrise of Bonita a week ago. I toured the facility a year ago, and I was not ready to let go...I have been taking care of my brother now for over 15 years. I walked in and didn't even make an appointment. I met with Michelle who is so loving and understanding she spent an hour with me going over what I was looking for and what my concerns were. Every other facility I visited I felt barreled through the whole process. I then met the person in charge of the whole building Angie, she was very nice as well. Dan and Shannon were very well versed and answered all my questions. The homey atmosphere was refreshing. I appreciate everything the staff has done. They really care and I can feel it every time I walked into the building. I would recommend this place to anyone of my friends and family. I feel like they took my brother in as one of their personal family members. I am soooooooo HAPPY!!! Thank you Sunrise!!!!

Review of Sunrise of Bonita in Chula Vista, CA

Very friendly, wonderful staff, homey atmosphere. Staff very lively. Michelle and Angie are great. They were lovely and welcoming. I would refer my clients to Sunrise Bonita.

Review of Sunrise of Bonita in Chula Vista, CA

I toured and the decor was so cute and victorian. It was pricey but residents looked well cared for and clean. I would recommend.

Review of Sunrise of Bonita in Chula Vista, CA

I work in the industry and actually toured with the sales rep. Michelle was very warm and kind. She showed me around and the feeling I got when I was in the building was comforting. It felt more like a home not a facility. All the staff has smiles it looked like a fun place to work.

Review of Sunrise of Bonita in Chula Vista, CA

High staff to resident ratio during day and night. Line staff are warm and positive, very homey atmosphere.

Review of Sunrise of Bonita in Chula Vista, CA

Sunrise took great care of my father! They were respectful and took the time to get to know him, his preferences and unique needs.
All management was prompt to resolve any issues.
Awesome place to place a loved one!
Thank you Sunrise.

Review of Sunrise of Bonita in Chula Vista, CA

Great place. Love the people. Very positive and uplifting.

Review of Sunrise of Bonita in Chula Vista, CA

My Grandmother lived at Sunrise of Bonita the staff is amazing they helped me every step of the way. Their caregivers are loving and although it was higher price I believe you get what you pay for.

Staff are friendly, my father is well cared for

I like the people; they are very friendly. It is quite attractive. It is smaller than other places we've seen. This means there are less activities and business, which is better for my dad.

The location works well because it is fifteen minutes from my front door.

My father appears clean. They remind him when meals are being served. His place looks cared for and clean. The common areas are very neat and clean.

I would recommend the place, though it hasn't been long enough yet for me to feel that I can completely evaluate it.

Review of Sunrise of Bonita Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Chula Vista, CA

I visited this facility with both of my parents. My mom liked this facility for the location and charm of the decorating. Dad was not in favor of the vegetarian food. The lay out of the facility and sidewalk around the mansion was great. The caring and staff was noticeably kind to each other. All employee's spoke kindly to us on the tour and to the residents that they were working with. We want to consider this facility, but the price is steep for the budget we have.

Friendly staff, beautiful facility, poorly organized

My parents stayed here two months, just out of their home. We were very impressed with the beautiful building and grounds, the cleanliness, and the spaciousness of the one bedroom apartment. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The problem we had was with their operational model. They have all the caregivers multitasking. They not only personally care for residents, but they do housekeeping, serve meals, do activities, and work the front desk. They often seemed to be short-staffed and there was a lot of turnover in caregivers. It is a pricey community with a difficult bill to read and understand. It's hard to blame the staff; I believe they were all doing their best under the circumstances. My parents are now in another facility and see a positive difference; more organized, better food and more quality activities.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for sharing your feedback. If you'd like to send additional details so that we can learn more, please contact us at Information [at] SunriseSeniorLiving [dot] [com]. - The Sunrise Team

Incredibly Disappointing Experience

I was extremely unhappy with their hard sell, change of prices, and very forceful marketing. It was just such a bad experience that I was afraid to try anywhere else.

They absolutely 100% assured me that they would do an assessment and if my mom did not enter Sunrise that the deposit would be refunded. However when it came time to give them the $500 deposit they had me sign a contract that it was not refundable. I signed it but I was distressed, as anyone would be, while they're trying to find care for their parent.

They did an in-home assessment and said that for her to be at Sunrise is would cost almost $7000 a month and the only room the had available was their biggest room. We said no, mom's insurance doesn't cover that much and we don't want a 2 bedroom so she wont' be moving to Sunrise. They never gave me a copy of the assessment, or a copy of what the $7000 would entail. After calling me almost daily, all of a sudden, I couldn't get a hold of anyone. The executive director didn't call me back and marketing person blew me off. I received a bill for the $500. I thought I would have to take them to small claims court. Finally, a month later I received an amended bill that said my balance was $0. Never did anyone call me back to answer any of my questions. It was absolutely the most disappointing experience. Sunrise is very beautiful but very high dollar and they were not as straightforward as I expected. After that I was afraid to put my mom anywhere.

Sunrise Senior Living

We're very sorry to hear about your experience in our community. Please know that we take these comments seriously and that you can contact us directly at information[at]SunriseSeniorLiving[dot][com] so that we can learn more. --The Sunrise Team

Seemed Nice

We weren't crazy about the outdoor area there and the size of the rooms but he people were very nice. My parents like to sit outside quite a bit so the outdoor area was important. Other than that it seemed like a really nicely run place.

Great Attitude

My aunt has been there for 6 weeks and we got off to a little bit of a rocky start. They've had almost a complete personnel turnover and so they are, in my opinion, having a little bit of trouble getting organized. The facility it's self is lovely and everybody seem to be very nice and caring. I would say, right now, they're in transition and so are we so I'm a little uncertain about how things are done. I think part of it is that I need to learn their system better and part of it may be that they're still trying to discern who is in charge and who does what.

My aunt has a need for insulin injection everyday and it's very difficult to find a place that can do that - Sunrise can. Everyone seems very well intended, I'm just not certain they have their new staff up and running. They're always very willing to listen to you or come to your aid. I need to learn their system a little bit better and I think they are still learning also. The attitude of the people is very caring so I'm hoping we can get the other little things ironed out.

Sunrise was Okay

I'm moving my wife from there. It has nothing to do with sunrise. I just feel it's a good move for her. Sunrise was okay. I didn't have any problems with them. The thing I didn't like was if you took your wife our for a walk around the property there is no sidewalks and lot so traffic going up and down.

Family like enviornment

My aunt has lived at Sunrise of Bonita for 3 months. Her caregiver has been nothing but helpful, and it has been the same one. The nurses keep track of her medication and constantly update me on any changes. I feel like part of the family when I walk in the front desk always greets me by my first name. I am happy I put my aunt here. She seems to be doing so much better with the activities and the social interaction among people her age. It was a hard decision to make but they helped me every step of the way from all the paperwork to scheduling movers and even having nestle toll house cookies the day of move in because those were my aunts favorite cookies. As soon as I walked in it just felt right. I am glad I chose this community.

Incredible!!!

My grandmother is a resident at Sunrise and I can't say enough wonderful things about this facility. The staff is amazing and always updates our family on any changes. The building is absolutely gorgeous! We just me the new management team and they are so friendly, warm and passionate. Best Assisted Living facility in San Diego!!!

I was disappointed with Sun...

I was disappointed with Sunrise's tough sell marketing techniques, lack of full disclosure of prices and attitude of management. Beautiful facility but I would not send my loved on there.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you had this experience. We welcome you to contact us at [removed] so that we can better understand your concerns. –The Sunrise Team

Needs Better Activities

I've never heard anybody there say no to anything so the care is very good. My father is annoyed with the activities. He feels like he's playing games with children. The games are so basic a 5 year old could them so it's not stimulating for him. I think it makes him stay in his room more. He's not a demanding man but he's stopped going to any of the activities because he just doesn't get anything out of them. He's in a scooter all the time so it's not like he can go and do something else on his own. They had bingo and wii bowling at the last place and he liked that.

The staff is very caring and my parents are being well cared for.

Antique looking furnisher

Sunrise of Bonita was close to where my mother used to live. It was within our budget and had immediate availability. It is not a cookie cutter senior community, does not have the typical hospital setting to it and is really more home like. Although the furnishings are not antique they spent the time to make them look that way, which really shows how much they really are trying.

Great facility but location...

Great facility but location is a problem and cost is above our allowance. Will talk to family but not sure this meets all of our needs.

Good facility! Very clean and bright....

Good facility! Very clean and bright. Laundry service is part of the monthly fee (minimal). No odors noted during the tour. Did witness facility resident activities, appears to engage residents and last a good portion of the day. During the tour staff attitude was positive and friendly. Outdoor spaces, clean and neat, appears to be safe for residents. Nutrition opportunity available around the clock. Level of care includes retirement living, assisted and memory care to include medication management. Contracts run month-to-month with 30 days notice for termination. Overall, this a nice facility.

beautiful surroundings.

beautiful surroundings.

Met with the director. Beautiful fac...

Met with the director. Beautiful facility. Much more like a house than a facility. Very friendly staff and atmosphere.

I made a visit and found this place j...

I made a visit and found this place just beautiful. The staff were young and full of life. Really nice.

About Sunrise at Bonita

Community & Location Highlights:

•Convenient location in central Chula Vista, CA
•Near regional shopping centers and Scripps Mercy Hospital
•Surrounded by scenic gardens and lush trees

Sunrise at Bonita in Chula Vista, California, is a senior assisted living community focused on individual wellness, offering personalized services and exclusive amenities. Our designated care managers are dedicated to serving each resident’s unique needs to ensure comfort, freedom and happiness. Residents engage in daily activities and events to enrich their mind, body and spirit, and enjoy delicious home cooked meals in our spacious dining room. Residents here enjoy a relaxed, chore-free lifestyle and have more time for fun. We are conveniently located near shopping, dining and Scripps Mercy Hospital. Visit our community today to see why our residents are proud to call Sunrise at Bonita home.