Alexian Village of Elk Grove - Elk Grove Village, IL

Very promising--nice looking facility. Activity programs appear nice. Menu options are nice. Services are just what we are looking for.

Beth Delany

Hi there! Thanks for the review of our community and we're happy to hear you and your family are pleased with our services.

Disrespecting Our Military Vets

My father is a WWII war vet with Dementia. They claim they are a facility that understands and can handle Dementia Patients. Unfortunately, the current facility leaders have shown my father complete disrespect because they are not equipped to handle his moderate dementia nor are they willing to take the advice of his Doctors who feel that now that he is properly medicated, he can continue to reside in the community with little problems. Alexian Village leadership's answer is to give him 30 days to find a new facility....in essence turning their collective backs on Military Veteran and evicting him because they simply don't want the headache of providing a comfortable environment for him.

Beth Delany

Alexian Village’s utmost priority is to provide a comfortable, healthy and uplifting environment for every resident and to honor their unique health needs. While we would love for all of our residents to be able to receive the appropriate care at our community, we also realize that sometimes we are no longer the appropriate place. We understand that particular needs require specific care and our team is committed to finding an appropriate home and environment for your loved one based on their current health state. If you have concerns regarding the handling of your loved one’s care, please contact Pathway to Living’s Director of Operations, Colleen Wille.

Emailed me some one else''s appointment email. Tried to make it bether. The 2nd email was worse. Grammar isn't important. Neither is privacy or attention to detail. I wouldn't even go visit in person when she couldn't get the appointment right, and gave out someone else's info. If that's how they are before .....imagine the neglect NY loved one would get.

Great facility...very warm and inviting. Nice studios. Love the residents elder-dog!

This community accepts public aid

I toured this facility when looking for a place for my parents to go so my experience was limited to just that. But everything was nice, the people seemed to be gracious, and everything seemed to be clean, which was the first thing I noticed. As soon as I walked in, there was no terrible odor or anything like at some other facilities you might see. I didn’t pick up on anything unpleasant. They take public aid but they don’t provide Alzheimer’s care, which is something that my parents were going to need so unfortunately this community didn’t work for us, though it is where I would’ve preferred to put my parents. They showed me a sample room that seemed nice but the windows were kind of small and the room seemed a little bit darker than other places I had taken a look at.

Excellent Care

This is a good community. We liked the staff who are caring and attentive. The menu is excellent and we like that she is going to join the others at meal times. The community. is clean. We were happy to know that they work with Medicade We are happy knowing that she likes this community and would recommend the care for others.

I enjoyed my visit to Alexian Village. The tour guides were enthusiastic, welcoming and knowledgeable. The place is bright. You have to be able to pay for a minimum of 9 months rent before being transitioned to Medicaid if you run out of money. Possible residents are pre-qualified for Medicaid before moving in. It is one resident per room, couples would be split up and getting an adjoining room may not be possible. Rooms are small. They have an excellent medication management plan. The employees seem happy and knew the residents by first name. They would look for the resident when it was time to take medication. The main living room around the fire place felt cramped and is right at the entry/foyer. When you first walk in you are greeted by a large group of people in wheel chairs all asleep around the fireplace. The hallways are bright and all have railings on the walls. Two doctors make visits to Alexian Village, I think it was once a week. A dentist and optometrist also make regular visits. There is a hair salon for weekly appointments a couple days a week. Each resident room has a walk in shower and a small kitchen equipped with frig, microwave, sink, and some cabinets. I do not remember if there was a stove. There are 2 shifts for meals. It is an age in place option. However, if the resident becomes extremely ill, they might be moved to the Hospice location next to Alexian Village. The cannot care for a colostomy bag. They have well defined emergency plans for both a fire and tornado's with several fire drills per year.

The facility was very nice. The people were very friendly. The room was spacious with nice closet space and cabinetry.

It's going great...

My mother is adjusting well since her move to Alexian Village. I would recommend them because they have good communication with me. My mother does not do well with change, and when she first moved in, they called me and asked me questions all of the time. They are very sensitive and responsive.

Nicole Bartecki

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that your mother is adjusting so well. Transition is a challenge for all of us. Please let us know if we can help in anyway or improve her stay with us.

Make sure it is assisted living

Yes you do not have to worry about running out of money 90% of the place is public aid. That is why this is not assisted living,wheelchairs/walkers people who can't even go to the bathroom by themselves.A lot of oxygen/hospice.catheters.Forget this place,this only shows me that the company is interested in the money.Assisted Living is not this place/plus it drags down the few good people they have

not a retirment community

This is a nursing home/not assisted living. Smells from urine are awful/a lot of public aid and hospice . Activities are the same grad school variety,not enough staff,when I did a tour saw alot of wheel chairs/walkers and residents being helped.

Good over all care.

The is a nice community. The food here is great and a good variety is available. The community is very clean and taken great care of. They do offer alot of great activities for those who can participate. I would highly recommend this community to other families for great care.

My Brother Is Well At This Community

My brother is doing well here at this community. He has adjusted well to it. It was a ruff start at first, but everything is going well now. They have good staff, they have been friendly and helpful. There are nice activities available. The meals are nice. They do a good job with the cleanliness. The community looks nice and clean. A plus about this community is that once you run out of money they will take Medicaid.

Beautiful Community!

Alexian Village was a nice place. It didn't really have what i was looking for but i would recommend a tour. When i came to see the community i got a brochure which, explained what they had to offer. It was fairly new and there were no staff or residents yet. It had a nice set up to it and the meals plans sounded good. Activities were also available on site.

What I have been told!!

My mother in law seems to like living at Alexian VIllage. She likes the entire staff. She thinks the food is good and the community is clean. They offer daily activities that she likes to participate in. I would recommend this community.

Many Concerns about community!!

When I toured the community it looked very clean and well maintained. I had concerns during my tour of staff turnover and of how the lack of care seemed to be provided to the current residents. I was not
impressed with what I had witnessed and would not consider moving my mom into that facility

Nicole Bartecki

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience at our community. We would welcome the opportunity to speak with you to hear more about your concerns so that we can correct the issues. It is through our customers' feedback that we can continue to improve our community. Please contact Gus, our Executive Director at [removed].

Her Favorite Part of The Day Is The Meals

Everything is working out well for my mother in law here at this community. She is getting involved in the community with the activities they offer. It is a well maintained community, everything is very nice and clean. Her favorite part of the day is the meals, she really likes the food. We know she is being cared for well here. It is a lovely community and I would recommend it.

I liked Alexian Village!!

This is a nice community and the staff were very nice. They offered a good meal plan. This is part of Victory Center and has the same core value. The community is kept clean and well maintained.

Mother Is Being Cared For Well Here

So far everything is working out pretty well for my mother here at this community. The community is well maintained, for the most part everything looks great. They have a very good staff here, they have been very helpful and responsive. There are good activities offered. She is pleased with the meals. She is being cared for well here at this facility. This is a community I would recommend. Kitty for a place for mom was very helpful as well.

I felt this facility was somewhat sterile. Not much interaction between residents. Although clean not what I we looking for for my parents.

Janet was excellent during the whole process!!!

The staff at Alexian Village have been very accommodating during the whole process. We know there are different circumstances for everyone and the staff remained very positive. My aunt has limited sight but the staff have worked to help her participate in some of the activities. The food has healthy and good choices. I would recommend this community. The community is clean and well taken care of.

This is where we would like to see mom live someday.

On Call Doctor

My sister lives here. I had to find a place that would care for her when she didn't have money. The place is clean, it's pleasant, and they have a doctor on call.

Nicole Bartecki

Thank you for your review. I am so glad that you are pleased with your choice of a community. As always, please reach out to Janette Foley, our Executive Director, if there is anything we can do to make your sister's new home at Alexian Village a better place.

I liked it, they were very modern and new.

I toured here when I was looking. I liked it, they were very modern and new. Unfortunately we were on a time crunch when we were looking, and they didn't have the availability.

The studio apartment is too...

The studio apartment is too small. This may be an option down the road when more assistance is required, but not now.

A great place for mom

We are very please with the outcome of moving my mom to Alexian Village. They are very nice and extremely accommodating. The place is very clean, and the staff very good at what they do. The financing was handled very professionally, and we look forward to a long and productive stay at this facility.

We are also very thankful to A Place For Mom for there direction and assistance in finding this home for my mom. Our Representative, Dovid Groosman, work very hard helping us through the process of locating the right place for our situation.

Lovely facility but small s...

Lovely facility but small studio rooms. Noticed a lot of staff helping residents.

Nice looking facility. Residents old...

Nice looking facility. Residents older. Need to qualify for income.

Alexian Brothers Senior Ministries have been providing care for over 800 years and are proud to offer services in the states of Tennessee, Wisconsin, and Missouri. The Alexian Villages have become the home of seniors all over the country, including some international residents. Their care centers offer a wide variety of services to meet the needs of elderly adults in all stages of life. There is independent living with minimal support for those who are only need basic daily care. Intensive Alzheimer's, dementia, and memory loss care is also offered, with specialized staff trained to handle the unique needs of those with memory difficulties. Hospice service is also available for those in need. In home care may also be available for qualified individuals. No matter their needs, Alexian Brothers are there to provide compassionate, comprehensive care for your elderly loved one. The Alexian Ministries strive to provide the best care without limiting independence. Their grounds are well kept, with lovely indoor and outdoor common areas, including walking trails and gardens. Resident parking is available, as well as complimentary transportation. Meals are provided onsite, with snacks and drinks available throughout the day. Devotional services are available on and off site. There is awake staff all hours of the day and night with doctors on-call. Other medical needs, such as physical therapy, can be arranged on the residentÆs behalf.