St Elizabeth Briarbank - Bloomfield Hills, MI

This is a very nice place. It's clean, cheerful and very nice and home like. I believe it will be a good fit for my mom.

[Removed] was lovely and very informative. The fees are more favorable than any other we have seen. We can't discount it yet, but do need to look at others.

Not Right!

I wanted to take a tour of this community, but when I called the place they informed me that they do not take anyone that is not ambulatory. I found that to be strange seeing as though they are assisted living. However, the staff was good about answering the questions I did have.

I like the pleasant Catholic environment.

We toured here. I like the pleasant Catholic environment. They are very pleasant, Katrina was nice as well as the support staff. I think it's reasonable and affordable. I only had limited exposure to the care, so that is a little harder to judge. They had a TV room, and other events were posted, they had a choir and other activities, but I was limited in what I saw since it was just a tour. I think this would be the choice for my mother in the future.

Very nice Catholic owned community

This assisted living facility was a great find for my mother. The facility is very clean, and the location is beautiful. The rooms are simple, but very nice. There are other newer, more "state-of-the-art" facilities and this is not like that. However, it is very lovely and the price is substantially lower than any other community we visited.
My mother has what is called a suite. She has her own sitting room and bedroom, with a bathroom connecting the two rooms. Other rooms have a bedroom with a door, and then a shared bathroom. The staff members are very helpful and friendly. They have a good variety of activities. They have volunteers who come in to do crafts, bingo, etc. The community belongs to an order of nuns, the Daughters of Divine Charity. They have a beautiful chapel on-site and a priest comes in to offer Mass every day. However, there is no requirement of religious affiliation for residency. The facility is only able to accommodate women over 60 years old, who are able to walk themselves with the assistance of a walker or cane.

I would highly recommend St. Elizabeth Briarbank, especially to those with a Catholic background. They do a great job.