American House Village Senior Living - Rochester Hills, MI

Good Communication

Although we did not choose this community for my parents they were good with the communication. They kept me updated and even followed up with me after our conversations.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for taking the time to tour with us. We appreciate your feedback.

I took a tour!

I toured many communities with one being American House Village Senior Living. It was a good tour and the person that took me around was helpful and informative The complex was clean and in good shape, but we found another place that fit my loved one's needs better.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for taking the time to tour with us. We're glad to hear that you had a good experience and appreciate your feedback.

Pleasant enough. The 'pets allowed' policy would be good for some, but not so for my mother. Residents seemed happy to be there.

Beautiful Place!

My parents went here for a respite stay and they loved it. The food was good and the people were very nice and helped them with everything. They really liked it and so did we. If I could I would of sent my parents here.

A Great Respite

The respite care went very well. He enjoyed it and he would come back again. The meals were okay, not the best. They did have activities available and they have one outing a week. I would recommend this community to others for respite.

Don't do it!

Want crappy care with crappy food? Then this is the place for you/your loved ones

My California to Michigan Move

Very caring staff when it comes to the residents. They made my move in pretty easy since I moved from California to Rochester Hills.

Not recommended

There is little to no management here, Activities and the like are a joke. Deterioration has been extreme in the last 6 months per current residents. Management's attitude is that they have a captive population who can't bear to look for another place and organize a move. They are building another 40 unit memory care facility here but cannot provide service for residents already here. Residents requests are ignored continuously. The residents are very friendly and helpful and they carry the load when management fails to show up. Value estimate is sketchy. It is less than some other places, but with such poor service in most areas there is not comparability.

A wonderful facility

The American House Village Senior Living is a wonderful facility. It has been working out great for my loved one. The facility is always clean. The staff has been very friendly and helpful. The value is great. The care services are great. They offer many activities to keep the residents busy. Everything has been going great. This is an excellent facility. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice place.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your positive feedback, and entrusting your loved ones with American House! If there's anything we can do to create an even more positive experience, please contact me directly!
Anne Tomlinson, executive director

It felt more like a nursing home than anything

The apartment we viewed wasn't cleaned, however, they did let me know that before coming in to visit it, but I figured they would of showed me a clean apartment or do something to make it look more appealing. It felt more like a nursing home than anything, and there were too many old people in there and that is what I didn't like. I didn't really look into the care services or the activities that much because it's not really part of what we need.

American House Senior Living Communities

Since we do have a full community, you might have
toured when we didn’t have any openings at the moment. You can
call me to set up another tour, if you'd like! Also, as we are a
senior living community, we do have residents who do need different
levels of care. I’d be happy to answer any other questions you may have.
Anne Tomlinson, Executive Director

American house has been great so far.

American house has been great so far. It's clean and the staff is friendly. The other residents are complaining about the food, they miss having omelettes all the time. My loved likes the food though and thinks there is good variety.

American House Senior Living Communities

It's good to know our residents love our omelets so much,
but we think variety is the spice of life! I'm happy your loved one
enjoys our community. If either of you ever need anything, please feel
free to stop by. My door is always open!

Review of American House Village in Rochester Hills, MI

Six years ago, my much older husband and I moved to American House Village where we lived only 5 months before he died. I moved back into my house where I lived for the last 5 years. When it became necessary for me to have an alternate living arrangement, I came back to American House Village, and it has proved to be a good choice. I have a large, comfortable apartment that is regularly cleaned for me by an efficient, courteous, friendly staff. Acitivities that exercise the body, stimulate the mind and raise the spirit are available to all, and there is something for everyone regardless of the status of their health. Some minor food issues are being "tweaked" to improve the quality, choices and service. Before I moved back here, I investigated other options in the area, but in the end, I chose to come here because nothing else offered everything I have here at a competitive price. I think American House Village ranks quite high in alternative living choices.

American House Senior Living Communities

I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband. Thank you for considering American House again for yourself. I'm happy that we could provide the type of community you're looking for. We view our residents as family, so we’re very happy to have you back with us! I'm happy the food issues are being worked out, and if you need anything else I hope you know you can always call me personally or stop into the main office.

Review of American House Village in Rochester Hills, MI

When I moved here after a very serious operation and selling my home, it has been the most wonderful experience and has helped so much in my recovery. When I walk into my apartment, I have such a warm and welcoming feeling of peace and contentment. Everyone in this staff, from management to housekeeping, is helpful, courteous and always try to do anything to help.

American House Senior Living Communities

How wonderful! Nothing makes me happier than to hear residents who are happy and content living in our community! Please know that I'm always available to help with anything you may need, as well. Take care!

Review of American House Village in Rochester Hills, MI

I have lived here since 2010. I think it is a fantastic place to live. The staff is outgoing and helpful. My neighbors are kind and pleasant to know and have become a part of my life.

American House Senior Living Communities

One of the best things about living at American House is a sense of community, in a home-like setting! I'm glad you're enjoying yourself here! If you should ever need anything, please let me know.

Review of American House Village in Rochester Hills, MI

Everything here is outstanding. The staff is friendly and helpful. The food is great. The things we do have are wonderful. I can't say enough how much I liked living there. The only reason we moved was my husband and I need more help.

American House Senior Living Communities

It's always nice to hear someone who can't say enough good things about our community! Thanks for leaving your feedback, and please feel free to call me if I can ever be of assistance.

Review of American House Village in Rochester Hills, WI

I have lived here for close to 8 years come May 2015. I would not live any place else.
This community is wonderful and very well run. Everyone of my needs have been met with great love. I would give it 5 stars!

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you so much for the high rating! Our community is pretty wonderful, and I'm glad to see know that you agree! Don’t hesitate to contact me if you ever need anything.

Considering leaving American House due to poor quality of food

My parents live at the American House in Rochester Hills and I am beginning the search for somewhere else they can live.

On the positive side, the staff is wonderful--friendly and very helpful. The facilities themselves are new and attractive.

The problem is the food. It's really BAD. It is demoralizing for them and I we worry about the nutrition that they're not getting.

American House Senior Living Communities

Having fantastic staff is a big
deal — for us, and for the residents. It’s the biggest difference in
quality care, so that’s great to hear! As far as our food, I can
assure you that Brian K. Rosso, Director of Culinary Services, and
James Nickleberry, Corporate Chef, put much thought and effort into
creating meals that are not only tasty, but nutritious. There’s a
little insight into our food prep on our YouTube channel. If your parents have
specific (or even all-around) concerns about the food,
I’d be very interesting in talking to them — and you. Please call me
directly or stop by my office and we can discuss your concerns.

Anne Tomlinson, Executive Director

Friendly & helpful staff ho...

Friendly & helpful staff however, wallpaper peeling in entry, strong smell of air freshener throughout building, one bedroom apartment was small and heating unit in living room area was unattractive.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thanks for your feedback! I’m glad you appreciate our staff members, and they really do care about making our residents happy. Because we are in an older building, it’s apt to show its age at times — but we’re working on keeping up with improvements, so thank you for bringing that to my attention! Currently, the entry way is being painted and the heating units will be covered with furniture when this project is complete. If you have any other concerns, please feel free to call me directly.
Anne Tomlinson, Executive Director

Stopped at this one after...

Stopped at this one after Stone and liked it the best. It had one building that had people without assistance 8 - 5, this would be the goal.

American House Senior Living Communities

I’m thrilled you like our location best! All of our locations are great, but it’s a great compliment that you enjoyed your visit here.
[removed]

Very interested in the Villas. Not a...

Very interested in the Villas. Not a full meal plan, which might be interesting to my mom.

American House Senior Living Communities

I’m glad you’re interested! We have many amenities to offer your mom, so please don’t hesitate to give me a call and we can discuss any questions you may have. Sincerely, Anne Tomlinson, Executive Director [removed]

VERY NICE. SO FAR THIS IS THE BEST.

VERY NICE. SO FAR THIS IS THE BEST.

American House Senior Living Communities

That’s wonderful to hear! Please call me with any questions — and thank you for leaving your feedback. Sincerely, Anne Tomlinson, Executive Director [removed]

Nestled among rolling hills on Adams Road between South Boulevard and Auburn Road in Rochester Hills, American House - The Village is ideally located close to family, friends, shopping, and familiar medical professionals in Rochester, Rochester Hills, Auburn Hills, and Troy. Nearby hospitals include St. Joseph's Pontiac, Troy Beaumont, and Royal Oak Beaumont. The Village Senior Living in Rochester Hills provides Independent Living with assistance available.*

Our apartments range in size from 1 to 3 bedrooms, with full-kitchen, kitchenette, and den layouts available. Property amenities at The Village include a fitness center, beauty salon/barber shop, library, computer room, carports and even an ice cream parlor!

Resident Services at The Village include restaurant-style dining available for breakfast, lunch and dinner, concierge service and personal transportation. Our Life Enrichment Director plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips. Laundry and housekeeping services are also available.

*Medical support services provided by a third party not affiliated with American House.