Sunrise at River Road - Tucson, AZ

Sunrise at River Road

I toured Sunrise for my loved one. I feel it is a beautiful community, and the facility itself seemed very nice. However, it is quite expensive. I also did not care for the fact that there was no outside area for my loved one to go walking.

Very lovely but a little pricey

I toured this facility when I was trying to find a place for my friend. I met [Removed] who is the director here and she’s very nice. I have a very good opinion of the place; they have assisted living and memory care available. It’s very lovely but a little pricey. It’s a very big place, so you really need to be able to move around. This is like a hotel quality. They have different levels of care available depending on what you need and they’re all at different prices. The feeling here is lovely and it looks like a bed and breakfast style. If I ever had to put myself in a place, I’d probably come here.

Love it!

She really loves it at Sunrise at River Road. The staff is friendly and attentive to our loved one's needs. They are easy to talk to about any questions or concerns that we have. They are welcoming to our family members when we come to visit. Our loved one is already making friends. They stop at each other's doors to get their group together to go and dine together. It is a great place for socializing. The meals are really good they have a lot of variety and choices. You also have choices of how much or if you want to cut the meal size in half. They also have a bistro that is open all day for refreshments and snacks, a great place to go and sit with friends and family for visits. A really nice thing is that if she isn't hungry at the time the main meal is being served she can go and order off a menu when she is hungry. The staff encourages the residents to participate in the activities they offer, they are also posted to let them know what is available. In the front of the community, they have rockers where residents can enjoy the sun and fresh air. Our loved one has her own patio on her unit. She is eating properly and her medications are being taken in a timely manner. We feel she is in very good and caring hands.

They Fit All Our Needs For Him

My dad is doing great and just fine. I have no complaints about them. I like that it is not so big and not overwhelming. They offer plenty of activities to enjoy. The food is great and he likes eating the meals, he gets 3 meals a day. I'm happy with the community and they are only 10 minutes from my home. The room is nice and they let me hang as much pictures as we want. He is happy and they met all my needs when I was looking for the right fit.

this was our 2nd choice

This is a very nice community and the staff who that did our tour did a great job. They took their time showing us around and answering all our questions as well. There are a lot of amenities here for the residents to choose from, the community is very nice, bright, open and clean and the staff was friendly. This was our 2nd choice and I would recommend taking a tour of this community to see for yourself.

I couldn't have found a better facility if I tried!

This is such a beautiful facility! They fulfilled every promise they made to us! They have beautiful food, and it is prepared very well. They make sure that the food is prepared in a way that is specific to community's needs, namely those with very few teeth who cannot chew that well. The caregivers are very professional, and I could not have asked for better facility! They were also willing to negotiate the price to fit my loved one's budget. I don't think I could have picked a better facility if I tried, it has almost a Christian atmosphere, in that it is bright, positive and upbeat!

Lovely Place!!

I was very impressed with my tour that I had taken of this community it had all of the bells and whistles included. I could tell they put a lot of money and time on making sure they had a nice place for these residents to live and enjoy life. The staff where very kind and patient with us during our visit and made sure to answer any questions we had for them. I just thought the population was a little more advanced then what my mother was.

Really liked this facility, from the time I saw the rocking chairs on the front patio, through the entranceway and to the rooms. [Removed] was terrific at explaining the facility's amenities. Throughout our visit, I met several employees who seemed to be working hard and were friendly, as well as residents who seemed happy.

I took a tour!

During my search, I toured Sunrise at River Road as a possibility for my mother to move in and it was a good tour. The tour guide did a very good job in giving me information and answering my questions, Everyone there was friendly in the facility itself was very clean and in good shape. It all came down to location and personal preference.

Mom calls the community home

They offer a large amount of activities and they have entertainers come in. The staff are caring and generous towards mom and myself. The food is ok and they offer a variety of choices. They have an open kitchen. There is a kitchenette in her room. They offer upgrades if your loved one needs more care. The community has dogs and they offer a homey feeling. I would recommend this community.

Nice people!!

I toured many communities with one being Sunrise at River Road. They all had their advantages and disadvantages. This community was nice, the tour guide that took me around was knowable and friendly. It was a good experience, but not the best for my loved ones.

My second choice!

Sunrise was my top choice when touring because it was very nice. The tour guide was very informative and it was a good experience. The thing I did not like was the size of the rooms. They were too small, but the tour guide told me it was intentional so the residents would spend more time in the common areas. I respect that, but it was not what we were looking for,

We toured this community. The staff were caring and answered our questions. They had a good variety of meals and they communiy is very nice and clean. We were wanting a community where familiy is close by. We would recommend this community over all to other families for good care and value.

A tour for care

I toured this community for care. I was able to get my questions answered. They informed me of the great variety of the meals that would be offered. I was not able to see the activities that were offered here. The community was clean and maintained. I would recommend other families to check out the care and the value for a loved one.

Dad Has Adjusted and Settled In

My dad has settled in and adjusted to the community lifestyle. Time has helped get him adjusted. The staff have been good at helping him get comfortable and they are very good. The up keep of the community is clean and good. The selection of activities are good but dad has complained about the ones he does not like. He is not participating much in what they offer. Overall everything is going well.

Care for a loved one

We liked this community. The staff were great and friendly. They had a elevator and we were nt not sure that would work for her.. The community is clean. The food seemed appealing. We did like the variety of activities that would of been offered. We would recommend this community for the care and value depending on the needs of a family member.

WE Found Our Home

My wife and I are still adjusting but we like it here. We like the homey feeling and the full care.They provide all our meal that is really excellent.We have a wide variety to choose from. The medical attention we need is here with activities like bingo, card games, exercise class and more. Outing and dinner arrangement are provided too. The staff are listening and understand and give us options to have. They are attentive and well trained. I like that it is clean and housekeeping helps with bed making.

Need Better Communication!!

I really wish the staff could start communicating better with the family regarding some of the stuff they help my mom with. I would really like for them to update with me when my loved one has received showers and with other hygiene help. The meals have been good they have a good taste and the staff is nice. I would recommend the community just need better communication.

A new adjustment

This is a good community for assistance. Very clean and well taken care in every area. Staff is very good. My mom is not able to join in on the activities but seems to be adjusting to her new home.

Awesome Treatment

I just went to tour the community and I really hate that I didn't go back but I want to maintain my independence as long as I can. When they picked me up for a tour they sent a limo! I felt like a big shot! Since my friend is a resident of the community I was able to enjoy a meal with him while on my tour which was nice. The staff was very pleasant and when I am ready that will be the place for me.

Excellent

Things are going excellent. Things are going just the way we want them to be. This is the perfect place for my parents. I want to say thank you so much to A Place For Mom for helping us find the place.

care services needs improvement

The staff was very friendly. The property is very nice. I moved my mom out of here. The cost was high. The care services they provide needs improvement. I moved my mom out of here because they were not bathing her.

Piece of mind

The place is really like home. Staff is helpful and we can feel that they are happy working there. They are well trained. Response to any request or need is almost immediately My husband has no complains and is happy there

Top of the line senior care

Very attentive to idividual needs, very clean

A wonderful place for my Mother in Law

The only complaint I have is that when I was interviewing I asked will this last until the end of life. She fell and broke her hip and then they said she could not be there anymore. I would have appreciate if they had told me the exceptions. Otherwise, this was a wonderful place for my Mother-In-Law. They cared for her so beautifully. They were clean and compassionate and we appreciated them.

Clean and expensive

They have a good number of activities for the residents. The facility is very clean. Her apartment always looks good. The food is okay. It's not anything gourmet, but it's decent. The biggest complaint would be the cost of the facility.

Charming place

The turn off was the studio. They did not have a 1 bedroom. Very nice ambiance.

Good place for mom

I needed to find a place for my 95 yr old mother. She lived alone and had caregivers several hours a day but that wasn't giving her the social interaction she needed. Also, her meds weren't always administered properly and the caregivers changed too often. I looked at communities and private homes and Sunrise just fit the bill. Mom is settled and enjoys 3 meals a day, meds are scheduled she and loves Bingo!

A Real Friendly Facility

I think that the staff at Sunrise at River road are more than friendly. They are very accommodating and the entire staff was super nice. We looked at a half dozen other facilities and thought this was the nicest one.

Homely and Friendly

Basically the facility we selected, Sunrise at River Road, the staff there was much more friendly and more attentive than at the other facilities we looked at. It was just the homiest and the friendliest place.

2/3 Assisted living, 1/3 Memory care. The facility was smaller, with less to offer, smaller grounds, no pool, no exercise facility, all therapy must be done in the apartments. There was a $10 charge to have meals delivered to the room, and a $25 charge for transportation beyond a 5 mile radius, with restrictions on when appointments could be made (example, doctors only on Mondays, and groceries only on Thursday, etc.). Doors to common patios were locked and alarmed even in the assisted living areas. That could be a problem for my loved one. Standard cable provided, expanded is an extra charge.

t's worked out pretty well.

The place is very friendly and family oriented. The staff is very personable. The staff here are all very friendly, and they seem to really care about the residents. I have no complaints. Sunrise is a lovely place which is warm, nicely decorated, and well run.

Most Awesome Place

Very good ambiance the facility looks like a Victorian mansion and can't say enough good things. We love this facility and dad is very well taken care of. Living in the facility is like living in a Victorian house we love it. Would be nice to have daily report cards of the progress of the resident.

We selected this community after spending the evening visiting with Shelley, touring the floors and observing staff interacting with residents. Even the memory care "locked" unit felt warm and inviting. I could easily picture my Dad in that setting and that made the decision to move him so much easier.

Very nice place, overall

Overall things have gone well at Sunrise at River Road. The staff here are all very friendly, and they seem to really care about the residents. However, they have been going through some management turnover recently and that has caused some of the care and attention to detail in their memory care unit to decline while they look for a new manager. I assume this will only be temporary, because in general they seem to genuinely care about the residents and providing them high quality service here.

Top of the line in my opinion.

Sunrise was an amazing place. The facility is beautiful and very home like. The work staff is friendly and helpful. I have no complaints. If I needed to speak to someone about my mother-in-law, they were quick to respond to my call. They kept me informed of her day to day health and well-being. I have only the highest compliments to this well run facility.

Sunrise is a lovely place which is wa...

Sunrise is a lovely place which is warm, nicely decorated, and well run. It does not have an exercise room, but there are morning exercise sessions. My mother is there now on a respite stay and so far we are happy with the environment and care she is getting.

Great Compassion for all

My brother and I placed Mom at Sunrise and we have seen her blossom and re-engage with her world almost immediately. We removed her from the previous Assisted Living company for many reasons, the most important being neglect and poor medical management.

Sunrise seems to have achieved the perfect balance of care giver to patient ratio and the caregivers are happy in their critically important work. Happy employees are always a good sign. I especially appreciate their efforts on Mom's behalf because they recognize my emotional investment and concerns. I am never "put off" nor "handled" when I express a concern or a need. They recognize the family as part of the team and communication is what they are really good at. Everything is explained well and I no longer feel anxious and worried about Mom. I can sleep now, too!

Better than I imagined

No matter how you look at it, it’s a lot of money, even though the value of our loved ones is beyond the measure of money. The last experience I had before this was in the 1980’s there’s no comparison to what is available now. It’s just so much better than I’d imagined.

This hasn't been a great experience.

In the memory area, they have a cat that comes and goes through the cat door, and I have seen it drink out of the water bottles in the hallway. That is pretty gross. The girls on the floor are very friendly, but the management is inefficient, and the communication between the management and the workers isn't good. I have had questions, that haven't been answered and it's been months. They are very unprofessional when it comes to the way they run the business in general. They do have a new director now. The activities are there, but they didn't seem very good at encouraging them to attend.

Generally Happy!

We have been very happy with this community so far. It is very clean, and the staff is very helpful. They have been great with accommodating our needs and making things much easier on us. For example, they transferred medical records for us and we have had to do none of the dirty work. They really took a lot of pressure off of us. Some floors seem to be nicer than others, and they are divided by the different care needs (memory care, assisted living, etc.). Overall, I have been happy with it so far.

They are good, my loved one likes it there.

They are good, my loved one likes it there. The staff are very good. It's kept very clean, they really keep on top of it. They do excursions and take them out and those things. They have a daily schedule in addition to the monthly schedule. They are good about responding to our needs and concerns. The cost is the only thing I wish could be improved, it's just a lot of money. I have sampled the food a little bit, and if you ask the residents, they are pretty happy with it too.

We are very happy here.

We are very happy here. We liked them when we first were looking, but went with a less expensive option. That didn't work out. I feel like you get what you pay for, as sad as that is. Things are working out here.

Wonderful Staff!

It's amazing! If I had to compare it to other places that I have looked at, I would say the value is good. It all depends on the services your family member is getting so what I'm paying for my mom may not be what you would pay. It all depends on the level of care. I think the care is very good. I'm not there to see it and my mother has some dementia and I'm thinking that any confusion that has happened is due to that.

The activities could use some improvement. I think they should offer a few more outings and maybe some games other than bingo. I think their arts and crafts could be enhanced. They could offer some very simplistic things like they're doing but possibly they could have some things that aren't quite as simplistic.

The staff are just absolutely wonderful people. They are genuinely caring. It's really an amazing place and I'm so thankful we found that place!

Beautiful facility. Assist...

Beautiful facility. Assisted living and memory care. About 8 miles away. Many, many activties every day. Memory care daily Private : $95 (one-bedroom $130, IMO studio is preferable) Level 2 personal care : $62 (level 3 $80, probably not necessary) Medication: $11 $168 Monthly total (30 days): $5,040 Units are unfurnished, but furniture is available temporarily if necessary before a move can be coordinated.

My mother is really enjoying Sunrise ...

My mother is really enjoying Sunrise at River Road. She is involved in the exercise classes, meals, and has seen some concerts there

Was very impressed with the...

Was very impressed with the genuinely warm greetings we received from all staff, including a young man named Justin who works in the dining area! The facility was clean and cheerful, the activities were impressive, the dining area was comfortable and inviting and the taste test of the food was quite good. The menu options looked wonderful. Shelley was helpful, friendly and very professional. Our main concern is the size of the 1 bedroom units. While they aren't bad, for our family it may not be enough. Integration of independent living and assisted living residents was very comforting but the facility also offers more advanced memory care and the building looks very secure for them.

Beautiful property. The staff i met ...

Beautiful property. The staff i met were friendly and the they have a lot to offer in the way of activities and events to keep the residents occupied. The drawback is their pricing. It is a little piecemeal and somewhat confusing in trying to determine the bottom-line cost per month needed when on a fixed income. The cost for the room (and you have to buy all the furniture and fixtures and linens) is one price then they have 4 additional fees as needed plus two other fees. Oh did i mention the $2500 administrative fee just to get in the door? Those are things that need to be up front rather than sort of mentioned after the fact. It may price my sister out of considering this property.

Excellent tour. Favorite location in ...

Excellent tour. Favorite location in terms of facilities and room layout.

Nice folks, clean, activities.

Nice folks, clean, activities.

Since 2008 Sunrise at River Road as been providing outstanding assisted living and memory care services to Tucson.

Located at River Road and North 1st Avenue on the NW side of town we are a warm and inviting, homelike environment complete with pets, fresh flowers, southwest landscaping and incredible views of the mountains surrounding Tucson.

We believe in a whole home environment, meaning we embrace all residents, including those with memory loss, into regular events, activities, and outings that are such a special, vital part of the daily activities.

Join us for our support group (last Wednesday of every month at 10am-11am), monthly Virtual Dementia Tour (4th Thursday of every month from 10am-11:30am - RSVPS required). Or come for lunch and a tour anytime. We're here 7 days a week, of course!