We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Complimentary Transportation
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
- Resident Parking Available
About The Fountains at La Cholla - Tucson, AZ
Welcome to extraordinary, full-service living with peace of mind for the best years of your life - at The Fountains at La Cholla. Arizona's award-winning, full-service community just keeps getting better. The Fountains at La Cholla offers extraordinary full-service living on a rental basis in scenic northwest Tucson. You’ll never tire of your view of the majestic Catalina Mountains and spectacular Sonora sunsets. Here residents enjoy an active lifestyle of growth and discovery, with activities and programs specifically designed to fulfill lifelong dreams. Stroll through the Sonoran Desert Museum with the grandkids when they come to visit. Enjoy a symphony at TCC Music Hall. Take a trip to historic, art-filled Tubac, or hike the nearby trails. Whatever you delight in, The Fountains makes it possible.
The Fountains offers services and amenities to bring out the personal best in everyone, and to allow residents the freedom and independence to choose whatever they wish to do or to be. Dine in comfort with your neighbors in our dining room, where each course is attentively served by courteous wait staff. The wonderful aromas and flavors of the variety of entrées tastefully complement the elegant decor. With our efficient housekeeping and responsive maintenance, your home will always be well-kept. And our transportation service is ideal, offering a variety of planned excursions to local points of interest and scheduled trips to shopping centers and medical complexes.
In this day and age, many senior citizens lead an active lifestyle. The Fountains at La Cholla in Tucson, Arizona, is a great place for lively folks to reside throughout their golden years. The facility provides many amenities and services, while the city offers movie theatres, sports clubs, libraries, events and more.
Housing Options For Senior Citizens in Tucson
The Fountains at La Cholla offers several floor plans, from semi-private rooms to 2-bedroom apartments, for seniors who prefer independent living in a full-service community. The facility also provides respite and hospice care. Tucson, Arizona, features additional housing options for senior citizens requiring different levels of care.
- Nursing homes and skilled nursing facilities, which are licensed by the state of Arizona, provide the highest amount of support, including room and board and around-the-clock care. Residents of these facilities may receive treatment for special needs and physical, occupational, or rehabilitative therapy.
- Tucson has 42 Alzheimer’s care facilities and 14 nursing homes.
- Senior citizens who do not require as much physical care may choose to live in an assisted living facility, which offers on-site support and health care in private quarters while promoting recreation and independence. Tucson includes 116 of these facilities.
- Tucson is home to 42 senior day care centers, which provide general supervision, social activities and medical care to seniors during the day.
- Of all the options for senior living in Tucson, independent living gives senior citizens the most freedom. Independent-living facilities, like The Fountains at La Cholla, encourage recreation and socialization with a variety of activities and events.
- Specialized care for veterans is also available in Tucson at the Arizona State Veteran’s Home, which is a skilled nursing facility offering 120 beds, private rooms, full bathrooms and dining in a home-like environment.
Tucson Weather Conditions
- The average weather is sweltering in the summertime and cool and dry in the winter. It is mostly clear year-round.
- Over the course of a year, the temperature usually varies between 42 F to 102 F, and it does not often go below 33 F or above 107 F.
Public Transportation in Tucson
The Fountains at La Cholla provides a transportation service to seniors who wish to explore local attractions and visit shopping centers. Tucson also has quite a few modes of public transportation.
- The Sun Tran bus system has fixed routes and express routes throughout the city of Tucson.
- There are also taxicab companies, town car services, airport shuttle vans and jeeps that will take people on tours so they can explore beautiful Tucson at their leisure.
- Tucson has car rental companies like Axis and ride-sharing companies like Lyft and Uber .
- Tucson has a walk score of 42 out of 100, so seniors may enjoy strolling some areas by foot.
Health Care For Seniors in Tucson
- Tucson has 65 doctors specializing in geriatric care.
- The city is home to 15 hospitals, including Banner University Medical Center, Carondelet St. Joseph’s Hospital, Carondelet St. Mary’s Hospital, CHG Hospital, HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Southern Arizona, Sonora Behavioral Health Hospital and Kindred Hospital.
Dining, Leisure Activities, and Shopping in Tucson
The Fountains at La Cholla is situated near multiple attractions in the area. Tucson offers different types of leisure activities for seniors and the whole family.
- There are 40 golf courses, five tennis clubs, and 17 health clubs throughout Tucson.
- Shops in Tucson include Burlington Coat Factory, Eddie Bauer, Nordstrom Rack, the Tucson Mall and Tucson Premium Outlets. Grocery stores include Trader Joe's, a Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market, Fry’s, Albertson’s and Sprout’s Farmers Market.
- Residents at The Fountains enjoy meals cooked on site, but they also have the option of dining in the city's numerous restaurants, from everyday fast food to fine dining and ethnic cuisine.
- Movie theatres in Tucson include Century Park Place 20 and XD, Century Tucson Marketplace and XD, Century 20 El Con and XD, The Loft Cinema, Harkins Tucson Spectrum 18 and AMC Loews Foothills 15.
- Tucson features 29 libraries and 90 salons.
- Attractions and special events in Tucson include the largest Gem and Mineral Show in the world and the Tucson Folk Festival. Sightseers can visit Saguaro National Park (home of the world’s largest cacti), Arizona Sonora Desert Museum, Mission San Xavier, the historic village of Tubac, the Pima Air and Space Museum and Etherton Gallery. Also near enough for a family road trip is the town of Tombstone, where the gunfight at O.K. Corral took place.
Places of Worship
The Fountains at La Cholla ensures that devotional services are made available to all seniors. The city of Tucson is home to many places of worship and denominations, such as the Church of Christ, Christian Fellowship, Lutheran, Churches of God, Baptist, Assemblies of God, United Methodist, Spanish, Presbyterian and non-denominational.
The facility and surrounding community offer residents all of the comforts and enticing attractions necessary for leading a fulfilling and active senior lifestyle. The services and activities help seniors maintain their physical and mental health while also encouraging a positive social life.