Facility not recommended

My father was a resident at The Villas Assisted Living facility in Tucson, AZ and I would not recommend this facility to anyone. The care was very poor and it was obvious that some of the staff received poor to no training at all. My father was unable to get out of bed, needed assistance with personal care, and also eating. He was often left unattended in soiled diapers and ignored. He died due to a fall from his bed and was not discovered until long after he fell. We were not notified by the facility, but by his hospice nurse who was called. Before leaving your loved one in the care of this facility, I would recommend you do background checks on the facility and their caretakers.

Bobby Larson

I want to say that I appreciate you taking the time to review our assisted living neighborhood. I do hear your sincere concerns, and I would really like to work with you to review and discuss all matters regarding your loved one. Nothing is more important to us than providing exceptional senior care, so your thoughts and feedback would be appreciated. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Eileen Lawless
Executive Director, The Villas of La Cañada

Location is good. Pricing at top of budget. Not considering this property because we need independent living that offers many opportunities for socialization. From a review it seems there is a very small number of people/activities in independent living.

Bobby Larson

Thank you for taking the time to inquire into The Villas at La Canada. If I am understanding your review correctly, you have acquired some of your information about what we offer from another review. We would love to offer you a tour of our neighborhood so that you could learn much more about what we offer. Regarding socialization, we do have an Activity Director on site, who works along with two assistant activity personnel so that they can organize and transport our residents to 3-4 different activities daily. Please contact our staff, or me directly, to set up a personal visit. We hope to hear from you so that we can share more information.

Regards,
Innovative Senior Living, Inc.

Not what we had hoped for

My parents are not very happy here in the independent living. There are only 14 apts here so the interaction as well as the activities that are offered are based on joining the assisted living section. Their apt is nice and they have furnished it was their own furniture so they are comfortable there but the food and going to the dining area have not been the best. Since my parents are still very active this has not been the best fit for them.

Bobby Larson

First, I want to thank you for sharing your feedback. Secondly, I want to let you know that I hear your concerns and would love to sit down with you and any of your family to see how we can better support the needs of your parents. Each and every resident is unique, and we strive to provide individualized care for each person. Please reach out to me directly so that we can discuss any suggestions that you may have. I look forward to working with you so that your parents' daily experience here at The Villas is optimal and enjoyable.

Innovative Senior Living, Inc.

The concept is nice, more like a group of group homes than a large facility. The common areas are comfortable and the residents seemed happy. I spoke with a man who was visiting his father along with his son and the man said his parents both liked it there (his mom has recently passed). I spoke at length to two of the caregivers and they expressed satisfaction at working there. The downside is that the rooms look like hospital rooms. However, the level of care seems high.

Bobby Larson

My thanks to you for taking the time to share about your recent visit to our community.

As you point out, we are a neighborhood of homes. Our residents share beautiful commons grounds, as well as the living and kitchen space. It is in these shared spaces that we include the indoor decorative touches, as well as the attention to beautiful landscaping in the outdoors.

When it comes to the personal rooms, we encourage the residents and their families to make that area unique, reflecting the personal touches that are important to that loved one. Photos, keepsakes, and other significant mementos brought in upon move in can make the room truly a home.

I am always available to talk more about our neighborhood and services. Reach out to me at any time.

Alittle Care

We liked this community found and were happyh with the staff who were nice and professional. We think that she may have need more care then what she needed. They did not have as many activities that we were wanting. We would recommend this community for good care and a good value. Families would need to make sure that this is what they are looking for.

Bobby Larson

I want to thank you for taking the time to share some of your experience. As you point out, individual needs are important to recognize. Every resident at The Villas has a care plan done within the first 14 days they are here. This is done by an RN, and the staff follows this document as a guide for providing quality, individualized care. Regarding our activities, there is an Activity Director at each property with two assistant activity people at each, to help with organizing, implementing, and transporting our residents to 3-4 activities daily. Again, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We truly appreciate that you found our staff courteous and professional, and would recommend our community for good care and good value.

Sincerely,
Bobby Larson, President - Innovative Senior Living Inc.

If you are looking for deceit care. This is not the place.

I had my loved one in here. They do not follow care plan. They make excuses on why the staff continue's to change. The employee's are over worked. Food it terrible. Sometimes they actually do not have basic staples. Milk, bread, cereal. If you complain to management, they actually make excuses for bad care. This place looks beautiful, until you place your love one here. Then the care is so bad it is speechless. So not recommend.

Bobby Larson

Lynn- Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback. First and foremost, I am discouraged to hear of your frustrations. Because we value the importance of home cooked meals we currently employ licensed Dietitian Hanna Feeney. Of course care plans, especially specific dietary needs are of the utmost concern, and should your loved one require any special consideration please bring it to our attention immediately. Of course we take all feedback seriously, and as such our most recent renovations have included new furniture, and substantial remodeling. We understand the importance of activities, and entrust our Activities Director, Melissa Molina to designs a custom activity plan each month. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional care to improve the quality of life for the elderly. I would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about the specific things you were talking about to make things right. Please feel free to contact me at your soonest convenience so that we can make things right.

Sincerely,
Bobby Larson President - Innovative Senior Living Inc.

nice staff

We really like the staff there. It has been only 6 weeks since he's been here. They have gone out of their way to make him feel comfortable and getting adjusted to his stay there.

Bobby Larson

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for the Villas at La Canada. It is always our goal to provide exceptional care to improve the quality of life for the elderly. I look forward to sharing your words with our entire team. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your loved one's stay more comfortable.

Awesome place

Great concept for assisted living! The multiple villas allow placement of residents with like folks. My mother is mentally sharp but has physical limitations, so, she is in a villa with 9 others (each with a private, spacious apartment) who have varying needs but who are "with it". The care givers are awesome and truly deliver care. Best arrangement for our mom - she thinks so, too!

Bobby Larson

Thank you so much for taking your time to review our neighborhood. I am pleased your mother is enjoying her stay with us. It's so rewarding to hear that you have enjoyed our staff and services. We do take pride in catering to our residents' needs the best way we can. If you should ever need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to let our care team know.

Innovative Senior Living Inc.

Care is excellent, I like it

The care has been excellent.
There are some people who are excellent, and others who are OK.
In the places that I checked, I think they're very comparable.
Their care has been excellent. They've done alot more than I thought they would do, and I'm very comfortable with the person in charge.
My family member hasn't participated in any activities, but they appear to have plenty of them.
The reason why I chose it is that if the person desires it, they have beautiful outdoor spaces. My family member loves to be outdoors.
They have two staff people on premises at all times; one during the day and one at night, so someone is always there.
The location for us is perfect

Bobby Larson

Thank you for taking the time to review our neighborhood. I am very pleased to hear that your loved one has been enjoying her care. I will be sure to share your feedback with the entire team, they love knowing our residents and their loved ones appreciate their service. Please stay in close communication and let us know if there is anything we can ever do to help make your loved one's stay more pleasant. Thank you again, I look forward to seeing you around our neighborhood in the future.

Innovative Senior Living Inc.

staff could use better training

I would not recommend The Villas at La Canada. The level of compassion that was shown to both my father and myself was quite disappointing. Employees blamed eachother for misscomunications and oversights with my father. This all could have been made right with better training of the staff...

Bobby Larson

Dale- Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. First and foremost, I would like to apologize for any miscommunication or inconvenience you may have experienced in the care of your father. I am discouraged to hear of your frustrations. It is always our goal to provide exceptional care to improve the quality of life for the elderly and support for their families as well. I would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about the specific things you were talking about to make things right. Please feel free to contact me at your soonest convenience. Sincerely,

Bobby Larson President - Innovative Senior Living Inc.

Very Positive Experience

My loved one moved in here at the end of April 2014, and our experience with it has been very positive so far. It does not look or feel like an assisted care facility. It is in a very nice location and is overall a very nice place to live. Residents have lots of opportunities to interact and there is a great atmosphere. I say if you're thinking about moving yourself or your loved one in here, do it!

Bobby Larson

Jon J.- Thank you for the kind review of our community. We always appreciate hearing that the work we're doing makes such a difference to you and your loved ones. I am excited to share your words with our entire team. Please stay in touch, and let us know if their is ever anything we can do to help make your loved one's stay more enjoyable.

Innovative Senior Living Inc.

The Villas at La Canada Assisted Living and Memory Care Neighborhood offers affordable, exceptional care in a unique residential setting conveniently located in northwest Tucson. We take pride in caring for our residents like family. Local owners and professional staff make sure your loved one’s quality of life is the absolute best. We offer tremendous value to our residents and their families.

We provide all levels of assisted living care (supervisory, personal, and directed), as well as all types of memory care, including Alzheimer's and Dementia. Our Cornerstone Homes which are adjacent to our Assisted Living Neighborhood are dedicated to individuals with specialized needs relating to behavioral and dementia care. We also offer short term/temporary care, otherwise known as respite. Residents in need of hospice can move into The Villas and receive hospice care in our homes.

We provide 2 caregivers for no more than 10 residents (1:5 ratio) in each beautifully furnished, 6300 square foot home. Our residents live in a secure and loving environment that includes their own 325 square foot private suite and their own private bathroom. Once your loved one becomes a resident at The Villas At La Canada, you can rest assured they will be able to age in place gracefully and remain here at home.

We offer all the amenities and services of a large organization without being an institution. We challenge you to find an assisted living and memory care home or facility that provides you with this combination of care, service, setting and amenities at a more affordable price.