Carlton Village - Tucson, AZ

Carlton Village - Tucson, AZ has yet not published prices.

This is a new place with every room being a private room with a private bath costing no more than old houses converted to care facility without the private bath in the private rooms. Grounds are beautiful and well kept. Built with the elderly in mind.

The assistant manager was wonderful!

Currently, I have home care set up for my friend but this one seems to make the most sense for him whenever it’s time for him to be in a community. The price is a lot lower than some of the other places but they’re new. There are 10 buildings on the property that are brand new but only 4 of them are operational at the moment and the other 6 are still being built, but each building houses 8 residents. They seem to give a whole lot more of the hands on experience. They’ll even pick up someone from their room to take them to eat or check on them to make sure they’re okay if they, for some reason, don’t show up for meal times. That shows me that they’re actually paying attention. There’s more of a residential setting and it feels more like home but not in a catchy way. It just seems comfortable. It’s not glitzy, but very nice, clean, and has a good smell. When I was there for a tour, they had the residents moving around out in the open and they weren’t just kept in their rooms. I learned that at certain hours of the day they have 2 caregivers per 8 people and 1 caregiver on in each building at night and security outside on the grounds. They help with showering, dressing, and are as hands on as needed. In addition to the rent, there is a security deposit and non-refundable admin fee. There is a service plan with an RN that handles everything and makes sure everything is coordinated properly and that’s a one-time fee of $90. And if they need to update anything with the resident with another exam, then they would do that every 6 months or so for $60. There’s a young woman there named [Removed] and from what I saw, she’s the assistant manager. She’s one of the most efficient women that I’ve ever talked to. I rarely get impressed with someone’s professionalism and knowledge and I will say that she greatly impressed me. She did not hurry me along regardless of the fact that she was busy. Overall, I would recommend them.

Husband's Final Residence Receives a AAAA++++ rating!!

My husband, of almost 61 years, had red blood cell Leukemia, was released from a skilled nursing home, hospitalized, then sent to a Hospice facility for 2 days to program his pain med's., and was to go to an assisted living facility or come home to die. Over 13 years, my husband or I had been in almost every rehab, every skilled and assisted living facility in Tucson, AZ and vicinity. Carlton Village had recently opened when he was admitted there. The manager/head nurse, [removed], couldn't be more helpful and her staff; equally, caring and compassionate. She prorated his stay knowing that he was terminal and would be there for a short time. Carlton Village is for assisted care - my husband needed skilled, but by partnering with Hospice, [removed] and her staff gave him one-on-one, 24/7 - superb care! I've been talking about this beautiful, CA ranch style home, (one of many in the "village") and the caring beautiful people in charge - to everyone I meet with a current or distant need for a loved one's assisted living! E.F.