Atria Campana Del Rio - Tucson, AZ

This was a large place with 250 rooms. A showed a little age but the rooms were nice. the tour guide was very helpful and informative. People there were cheery and conversational. I would pick this place as possible if [removed] has no vacancies when we need it.

Double rooms ensure privacy. Beautiful porch and outside lawn. Doors to memory care are not locked but an alarm sounds when the doors are open. We tried the alarm system but it was quite a while before someone responded. No church services. It is still in consideration for my Mom but not at the top of the list.

Very Pleasants, But Not What We Needed

Atria Campana was a very nice community overall. The people were polite, the food was very good, the facility was very pleasant, the rooms were attractive, and the kitchen area was adequate. However, we were looking for a community that did not use high levels of chemicals on the premises. We were initially told that they lay pesticides on the outside of the community quarterly. However, we found out later that the grounds are sprayed monthly. My patient is highly sensitive to such chemicals, and she became very sick while she was here as a result.

Very glamorous and hotel-like

I toured this community when I was initially trying to find a good fit for my friend. This place felt like a hotel to me and I don’t mean that in a negative way. It looks high-end and it just felt nice. Even though it feels high-end, though, you don’t see a lot of residents. I think they offer a tremendous amount of activities but when the people there are at a high level of care, they don’t have as much energy to do things. If someone is relatively healthy, this would be a good place for them. They couldn’t have been more gracious. It couldn’t have been a nicer place, it was very ritzy. However, I think it would be very expensive. The interaction between the resident and staff is very limited and I was told that the residents only get, on average, about 30 minutes of hands on time with the staff. They’re there if you need them, but I ultimately needed something more for my friend and wound up going with home care instead.

Everyone is so friendly – and wears a smile! The food is first rate and the service is usually very good.
Our activity director deserves a 5 star rating and there is usually plenty to do. Sometime in the evening and with there were more options. Perhaps more opportunities for community service – possibly right here at the Atria – all in all this a great place to be – a wonderful “friendly school”!

Good activities, great location, close to everything great people running it.

Better than expected. Good food, wonderful help, nice facilities. Would like more community environment , few of the total participate.

I love living here!

This is the best place for me at this time of my life. (95)
Good friends – lots to do – good food!

After checking most senior housing places in Tucson I chose Campana Del Rio. Because of the superior programs and people who live here.
This is a at facility!

The staff is very attentive.
Food is very good.
Excellent location.
Clean facility and grounds.
Activities are fantastic.

The staff makes you feel like family! They will do whatever needs doing with a smile on their face.

I enjoy the living here.

Very satisfied with the way we are treated and the food is excellent. The staff goes out of their way to help and keep you entertained.

There is always something to keep me busy all day. Very friendly and kind. Food O.K.

Great place to live (if I can’t be in my own home). The food is good – the staff is wonderful – and we are able to keep busy with many great trips (both near and far) and entertainment.

A Tour Here

When my wife and I walked into the place we didn't get a good vibe. it had an odor that i didn't care for too.

Resort setting

This community has a resort setting and the staff did a wonderful job with our tour, they showed us all around and answered our questions with ease. There are a lot of amenities for the residents, it bright, clean and the staff were very accommodating during our tour. It is worth scheduling a tour to see for yourself.

Going Good

The care is going well for my dad while living here. He likes the food and he is doing okay with everything. We like all of what they provide like good activities, the apartment, and the way the community is set up.

My new home

I like living in this community for good care. The environment is clean and the staff is helpful. They offer a good menu and a nice variety of healthy meals. The community is clean and that has been good for me. I would recommend the care of this community to other families

Best of care

This was an excellent community for my sister's care. The staff were outstanding and caring in every way possible. We liked the cleanliness of the community. The menu was very good and she was happy with the good variety. Activities were wonderful for her to be active. We would highly recommend this community for the best care for a loved one.

Hope was informative, helpful, and genuinely interested in my friend. He loved the community, and is going to live there--already is on the waiting list for a one-bedroom unit.

Mom is settling in nicely!

My mother is enjoying her stay so far! She is settling in quite nicely. The staff are attentive and the facility is quite nice. The meals are good and she enjoys socializing with other residents during mealtimes. We are very pleased!

Kate Vance

I’m so pleased to hear that your mother is enjoying Atria Campana del Rio! If you have any additional feedback or questions, please feel free to reach out to me directly at [removed].

I had a very good tour!

I toured many communities with one being Atria Campana Del Rio. The lady that took me around did a very good job in giving me information and answering my questions, Everyone there was friendly in the facility itself was very clean and in good shape. It all came down to location and personal preference.

Kate Vance

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. I’m happy to hear that you had a great tour experience! If you have any questions to comments, please feel free to reach out to Atria Compana del Rio or to me directly at [removed].

I would not recommend this community.

The staff at this community seemed nice. I was not impressed with the food and they only offer one meal a day. I had some issues with the amount they wanted to charge for a room and to give her medication. The community seems clean and they only offer a few activities.

A good tour!

Atria was a good tour, it was fine its just that my brother in law wanted to stay on the east side of town and Atria was more midtown. Also, they had rooms that were specifically for things instead of being an open concept with a more homey feel. Other than that, the place was beautiful, but it was not what we were looking for.

A good experience!

My loved ones are liking the facility just fine. They seem to be doing better than at home. It's nice having someone check on them daily and preparing their food. Having good meals has really helped them. Overall, it has been a pretty good experience.

Looking for a nature oriented option

I toured this community. I liked the food and it was a nice place. The thing I disliked was it was surrounded by asphalt and there wasn't much nature on the property. The wasn't a view like other communities in the area.

A good experience!

Since my move into the Atria Campa Del Sol, I feel like it has been a good fit for me. The community is clean and all of the staff are very nice to me. The food that is provided is good and has good taste. I am happy with my choice so far.

Up To Date With The Community

After taking a tour of the community I got well informed and meet with kind-hearted staff. The drive showed us that this community was too far.

We really liked Atria. The main building is beautiful, and there are lots of activities. Our lunch was very good, and we liked that a main meal (with wine, if we choose to have that) is provided every day. We really wouldn't need many additional groceries. The drawback is that even their largest two-bedroom unit is rather small (800 sq ft). It is located on River, which is a busy road, but there are many stores and restaurants nearby. Their court yard is lovely, and it has a small swimming pool. It has a memory care facility, so we would never have to leave no matter what our health situation would be like. The cost is reasonable and well within our means.

Everything is going great!!

I have no complaints about my new apartment and have been very pleased with how kind all of the staff have been to me. I have a full kitchen and a cozy living and bedroom with lots of natural light throughout the studio. I would recommend this complex to anyone looking into retirement.

My tour!

This was a nice clean community when we visited. The people we met were nice. They offer daily activities. This community was a little farther away than we were looking for.

Not The Right Feeling

My wife and I were looking for a home to provide all our
care and assistance with meals and cleaning. When we looked at the community we thought that it did not have a feeling of home.

Kate Vance

Thanks for visiting. If ever you'd like to come back and meet some of our residents or learn more about our community, just let us know!

My choice of elderly living

As it turns out, my mother was put in another facility against my wishes. However, I personally think Atria Campana Del Rio is the finest facility in Tucson, perhaps in the whole state of Arizona. I immediately noticed and smelled the cleanliness of this property. Everyone was very friendly and to quote the younger generation, "the food is to die for"! Simply wonderful, all of it!!

This is a good community!!!

I liked living at Atria Campana. They are a pet friendly community, however one of my dogs was not adjusting to this lifestyle so I decided to leave this community. The staff are nice and always accommodating. The food is good and they offer daily activities. I would recommend this community.

Over And Beyond Employees

So far it has been fine for my in-laws. The staff are accommodating and help make them feel comfortable. My brother-in-law uses sign language and the staff took it upon themselves to learn a few words to interact with him. They go over and beyond while they do what they have to for the residents. This is a clean and proper place with a hair salon and music programs. Activities are also available. It is a little pricey but I feel it is worth it and all the staff are wonderful.

Community is inviting!

Atria Campana Del Rio is a nice community. The staff are very friendly and communicate with the family very well. The food offered is very good and they offer a variety of options for my mom to enjoy. The community has a number of activities for mom to engage in. I really like that the staff knock on her door to invite her to participate in the activities that are going on.

Nice facility. Employees are very friendly...seem happy to work here. Residents appeared cared for and happy.

Everyone Is Please With This Community

This community is a great place for my mom. It is clean and always running smooth. The staff have never been rude or disrespectful. Meals are pretty good with nice portions and always fresh. My mom is doing balance class with stretching and participates in other activities. We have been very pleased with the outcome, now my brother is trying to get his mother-in-law moved in too!

A Nice Community

My mother-in-law has staying at this community and so far it's going good and I have no issues. The staff are friendly and caring all the time. The community is always clean and kept up. There are activities available but since my mother-in-law has been out visiting elsewhere, she has not had the chance to participate. The food is very good and is the main thing we had to make sure was good. Our experience has been good and I would recommend this community.

We Are Pleased With This Community

It has been a hard transition for my in laws, but we are pleased with this community. They do like this community, and everybody has been very nice and friendly. Everything is working as well as expected. The community is nice and clean. The staff is nice and very helpful. There nice activities offered. We are happy with everything they have done for us.

Temporary Visit

Although my parents are just kinda visiting the Atria, They have nothing but good things to say about the facility. They are always happy when i talk to them and that gives me piece of mind that this place is great.

Friendly and Welcoming

I think just in general all of the staff members at the Atria Campana Del Rio facility were very friendly and very welcoming and extremely helpful to us when we were moving my loved one in to the place.

A Great Experience

It has been a great experience for me while I am staying at the Atria Campana Del Rio. Every day is a great day at the facility and I would say it is number one. I would have to say that I am very, very happy here.

I love it here

I love it here at Atria Campana Del Rio. Everything is great, the food is great. They have a lot of things to do here as far as activities go. They always have something for the residents to do. it is an older facility as far as the building itself. The staff is great, they have all worked here a long time. I highly recommend this facility. I am so happy with everything.

Very Happy With This Place

It was a very nice place to be. Everyone was extremely friendly. They went out of there way with my mom. Sometimes the cleaning services took longer than they should have or the just neglected to let us know. But that was my only complaint. I am very happy with place.

Staff were friendly and residents appeared to be happy. Many of the residents have pets and mom had a bad reaction with her allergies. There was no pet free area.

They do the best that they can.

It was a very good experience. They do the best that they can. The friendliness is excellent. Everyone there is friendly and nice. They seem like caring people. The staff is very helpful. They are always happy to answer any questions. The activities are excellent as well. They offer a lot of activities. I can't rate the care services because it is not applicable. The Atria Campana Del Rio is a really nice place.

I really liked this facility, very nice grounds, apartments, and well staffed. I especially liked that assisted living units mixed with Independent living. That's my first choice.

Good times, good food, happy life!

Clean and beautiful setting with helpful staff and friendly residents. Resident needs to take advantage of what is offered, and there are many daily activities as well as delicious food.

They're Awesome!

Everyday they put a schedule of the days activities by each residents door. The food is a good variety and very good. Can't say enough good things about Atria Campana Del Rio I am so glad we chose this facility. The staff is fabulous and the facility is very clean and well kept. I would not recommend any other facility only Atria!

They're Awesome!

My mom is just so happy there at Atria Campana Del Rio. I can't believe the difference in her. My dad passed away a year ago and my mom was understandably very sad for a long time. It has been amazing to watch the turn-around and see how happy she is now.

She likes all the food there. She says it's the best. She loves the activities as well.

The place is very friendly and family oriented. The staff is very personable.

It has just been awesome all the way around. I highly recommend Atria Campana Del Rio!

Atria Campana Del Rio is an outstanding home for our mother. She really loves living here, enjoys the companionship of others her age and the delicious meals she gets everyday. She is the happiest she has been since we lost my dad. I am very grateful for Atria Campana Del Rio!

Beautiful place for mom.

This is a beautiful place. They constantly clean the community areas, it always looks so nice. The staff is friendly and always so ready to help. The food in the dining room is wonderful, will be great to join mom for a meal there. Everyone has gone out of their way to make her comfortable, and feel at home. Really pleased with moving her there, and she is happy too.

Smaller but nice.

This community was a little smaller than the one I chose. They didn't have many casitas, and they didn't have any available for my time frame. They were all very nice and Hope was a doll, but I was really looking for a casita.

It's worked out pretty well. They are excellent.

It's worked out pretty well. They are excellent. They have people all day long cleaning and scrubbing. They work at being friendly, they call me by first name. I feel like I am getting my moneys worth. Most things they get on top of right away, some things have taken a little while to get addressed, such as some gluten free options. I kept losing my way at the beginning, I don't really have that problem anymore, they can just keep up the good work for me. I'm happy. They activities director here, Darlene, has been a very big spark plug in getting activities started, happy hour, holiday parties, and things. They have a whole board of things going on all day long.

Good Experience

We had a good experience at Atria. We can recommend them completely. Check them out! They were not a match with our insurance carrier though. They are fives. Everything was clean and the staff was friendly. It was a good experience.

Overall Happy

They have outings on Sundays. It would be so nice if the driver would talk and say what they are passing or where they are going. I would actually be happy to volunteer with them after Thanksgiving!

Very happy there. In the dining room there is very nice romantic lighting, but half the people are blind. They can hardly read the menus. Someone who is 50 has no problems but the 80 year olds are squinting.

Quality of the food: sometimes good but sometimes disappointing. They advertise a world renowned chef. I called the chef out to ask him for his recipe, and he said that they got it from Cisco frozen foods. Friend is in La Nina dining in the back. Maybe the front dining room is better.

The layout is wonderful. There is a lot good there. Overall we are very happy with Atria.

LaDawn K.

We appreciate your feedback. I’m glad to hear that you have been pleased with our community, and we appreciate your suggestions. We will certainly take the dining room lighting into consideration and also the interaction between our driver and the residents. We want to make sure that our residents have a great dining experience. We source only the top quality food items from SYSCO – as do many local restaurants. But we also use many fresh ingredients in our meals. We look forward to hearing more about how we can improve the experience of those who choose to make our community their home. You are always welcome to contact us at [removed] or [removed] (please include the Atria community name in your subject line). Or you can always speak to us in person when you visit.

Good Move for Mom

I think atria is just perfect for my mom. Everything about it has either met or exceeded my expectations. Mom is just thrilled with it. I think it's good value. I think the industry as a whole is a little over priced. There are 3 levels of care and you pay an extra $350 for each level. Overall when we were pricing other communities and seeing what was available, Atria turned out to be a good value.

She's only been there a month but so far she's contracted out for physical therapy and my mom loves the physical therapist. I think they're very tuned into her needs and how well she's doing. I think it's worked out very well. It was a good move for my mom.

The facility, activities an...

The facility, activities and apartment were all attractive but the dining and food program is a bright star for this facility. Also impressive were the individual activity rooms, resident art that was displayed, the strong patriotic feel and respect for veterans-very important for this age group. Claes was very helpful and attentive to any questions we had and we did not feel pressured or rushed.

I liked the open dining schedule, par...

I liked the open dining schedule, parking, rooms, staff, exercise options.

Was disappointed that you would have ...

Was disappointed that you would have to move apartments from independent living to assisted living. The lunch we had was very good. Was possibly a little too far out for mom's local activities.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed lunch at our community, and I would like to address your concern of moving from one apartment to another. Although a portion of our building falls outside the scope of assisted living and apartment changes are sometimes required, we do have several transitional apartments which would not require a move if someone were in need of assisted living. We welcome any questions you may have. Just email us at [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line. We hope you will come visit us again soon!

One of favorites. Very friendly. Good...

One of favorites. Very friendly. Good activities for Mom. They invited her to come for a short stay.

We stayed here 6 wks loved it.

We stayed here 6 wks loved it.

Special snowbird program - $1800/mo 1...

Special snowbird program - $1800/mo 1 Bedroom furnished, reg price =$2950/mo. Includes 2 meals, activities, heated pool, weekly laundry, transportation, near shopping. 254 units, 3 bldgs & 3 dining rooms. Separate bldg for dementia & assisted living. Has in-house bakery.

At Atria Campana del Rio, you¹ll discover a welcoming senior community nestled in the bucolic foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains in Tucson. The area¹s Spanish-style architecture is reflected in the red-tile roofs and soft desert colors throughout each spacious apartment and townhome. There's also an entertainment lounge, a movie theater, chapel and two well-stocked libraries.