Sundara Senior Living - Round Rock, TX has yet not published prices.

We finally found 'home' for mom

After having gone through a emergency move out from her previous facility [removed] she has settled in very nicely and is happier than we've seen her in three years. She had become withdrawn and uncommunicative which we were told was just part of the normal decline with her condition. She has advanced dementia and has declined to a point of being immobile and relies completely on caregivers to do everything for her. We had wanted to move her before but were told that moving her would be very dangerous so, we were afraid. Finally we had no choice, due to her failing condition and [removed] not keeping up with her needs.

Staff at Sundara have been amazing. They smile and talk to family members, and other staff, as well as their residents. It is owner operated and the owner's truly show that they care about their resident's emotional well being as well as their physical well being and they show it everyday. My mother is Japanese and the one joy she had in life was enjoying the rituals and foods of her culture. Sundara is the first residence that has embraced her culture difference and been willing to nurture those needs and it shows in my mother's change. She smiles again, she is communicating again, and she is content where she lives again, and that is everything for any aging parent who has already been stripped of life when they have dementia. The icing on the cake though, along with nurturing her emotional needs, they do an excellent job of keeping her out of bed and engaged in things that she enjoys instead of just parking her wheelchair in a party environment, which she never enjoyed in real life. They keep her fed, they are excellent at keeping both her and her room clean and cared for, she now gets her medication when she needs it, they're keeping her hydrated (even making her her favorite Japanese green tea), and they keep her dressed like any normal person.

Best decision for Dad!

My father joined the Sundara community a week ago. He is very happy there. He told my sister that they they treat him like royalty. It is a loving community where he gets the best care possible. The staff goes out of their way to ensure he has everything he needs to be well cared for both physically and emotionally.
Because he is their first diabetic resident, they are having all the med techs trained in how to perform blood sugar testing. I think that says a lot about their desire to provide the best care for each individual resident and their individual needs.
Now that I know my father is safe and is being well cared for, I get to go back to enjoying being his daughter, instead of his caregiver. I love my evening visits that we spend laughing and enjoying being with each other. The decision to move him was hard to make, but the right thing to do. Selecting Sundara Senior Living was the best decision I could have ever made for him.

Sundara Senior Living is a Boutique Memory Care Residence in Forest Creek, Round Rock. Discover Better Care and Better Value. Discover the Difference.