Bickford of Raytown - Raytown, MO

They do not have full kitchens. Not in the running.

Very pleased with the staff and facility

This facility has been more than what I expected. They have always been available to me if I need anything and they are very accommodating. The staff treats my Mother wonderfully and they even tell her when meals are being served. Recently my mom has been in and out of the hospital and the facility has been nice enough to send her cards and flowers. It’s nice to know that they think of her. I would recommend this facility to other families.

This community has a nice homey atmosphere.

The staff are doing a great job. My mother in law is adjusting to living at this community. She has a nice apartment and has started making friends. She has started to participate in some of the daily activities and has even gone on some outings. She is not big on the food. When we toured we met with the director and they are very involved. This is a smaller community and I would recommend it.

Excellent Staff!!

My loved one has recently moved into this community and so far we are pleased with how things are going for her. The staff are always so polite every time we go to visit and I am comfortable with the care they are providing her. The only complaint I would have is that they have more of a variety for her to choose from off of the menu because she is diabetic. They only seem to have about three selections and she gets tired of them after a while.

Very Well Run Community

This community is working out very well for my mother, and her needs. We are very pleased with her move to this community. We know she is safe, and in good hands. They have a wonderful staff, my mother has not had any issues with them. They provide good meals, and offer nice activities for the residents. When I visit the community, and her room are well-kept. This is a very well run community, and I would recommend it.

Good Experience, Tour was Nice

I had a nice tour of this community overall. Everything went well, and the staff was very kind. The community looked nice, and well-kept. There were many factors that played into where to move my mother too. I did find another community that suited our needs better, my tour of this facility went well.

Great care!

This is a very nice community. My mom is happy here. The staff is excellent to her. The food is good, but sometimes the food is served a little cold. A clean environment to enjoy inside and outside.
I would recommend the excellent care that is provided her for others.

Awesome Staff!!

The staff that took care of my mother in law were wonderful. My loved one was very pleased with the nursing staff they were attentive and nice. Staff in the community really understood the residents. The residence was kept clean. It was really nice of the kitchen manager to let my mother in law feel at home by letting her participate in some kitchen activities.

Poor communication, very expensive care

We moved our mom to Bickford because it was the only licensed Level 2 facility for assisted living that we found on short notice, and because it had a quiet and homey atmosphere. Within the first month, we discovered that nursing care and communication was inadequate. The director of nursing could not provide us with a clear description of why mom was being charged for the fourth level of care, it took days to get medicine in order, and to schedule a therapy team. When mom thought she might have a UTI, it took 3 days to get a sample taken and delivered to a testing lab.

We quickly determined this was not the right location for mom, and we found a facility that not only provided similar care, but did so for about $1,500 a month less. It also provided daily transportation any day of the week, while Bickford only offers transportation on Monday and Wednesday, making it very difficult to schedule appointments/outings.

When we gave notice of leaving less than a month after arriving. the director required a full 30-day notice, per contract. However, she also required payment not just for rent, but for all services, including television and communication pendant, even if we moved out and did not use the services. This is in spite of a contract that is vague but appears to differentiate between rent and service agreements.

All in all, and in spite of some nice people who are employed there, and an activities director that does great work, we were glad to get away from a home that is focused on finances more than customer satisfaction, is not competitively priced, and needs better communication systems with agencies/families that partner with it.

Comfort for Mom!!

The staff at the Bickford of Raytown has been really nice. I am very pleased with the care my grandmother is receiving. I had the chance to try a meal and it was very good. I feel it's a safe community. They do offer various activities onsite. My grandmother has been interacting with other residents this has been great.

Worth a Look!

Very nice facility. Caring staff that is always willing to please. Great location.

I Like This Place

This place appears to be always clean and maintained, I have no concerns. The staff are helpful and kind and care for Mom the best that they can. It seems like there is an outing every other week and activities through out the week. The food is really good with healthy, right-sized portions. I would recommend this community.

We liked it, it was nice, and small enough.

We liked it, it was nice, and small enough. But everything was priced separately, and it was just hard to compare the price. We found a place that does a flat rate, and we love it.

would like to see the communication improved

I'm not able to be there during the work week. It hasn't been communicated to me on how to reach someone on the evenings and weekends at Bickford of Raytown. I would like to see the communication improved. Other than that things have been just fine.

It was in our top two.

We toured here as we were looking. We liked this place it was nice. It was in our top two. This was a little more expensive than the one we chose. This went by level of care, the other community was all inclusive. This was definitely our second choice.

could not have asked for more!

They have done everything well! It is absolutely the perfect place for my parents. They have gone over and above to make us feel welcome. When they said "welcome to the Bickford family" they meant it - it really is like a family. It is so great to know that dad is being cared for so well and is happy. I could not have asked for more! I wish that more people could have this kind of care.

The one thing I think they can do would be to have one more nurse. That poor nurse they have works so hard!

Bickford of Raytown, a happy new home.

We were scrambling to find a place for my Father -in-Law to live when he was released from the rehab center. He is in KC and we are in North Carolina.
Allyson at Bickford was fantastic! Aways available by phone, even after hour. She got everything set up so all I had to do was come to town and move his belongs and make sure he was comfortable.
He was very pleased with his new home. The staff is very caring.

This was a great place. I ...

This was a great place. I liked the location and Carol could not have been a better host/tour guide! She showed us the actual apt my mom could have availble to her but this was our first tour and want to visit a few more before making any decisions or commitments.

We're pleased!!

Placement of our Dad at Bickford at Raytown was made as simple as possible due to the assistance of the staff, both administrative and nursing staff. His accommodations are very nice and spacious with a feeling of home and a sense of independence. One problem was the administering of his medications which was somewhat confusing in that we were responsible for filling medication boxes, obtaining refills and then shipping to Bickford. Because we live in another city and work, this was extremely time-consuming and possibly could have been avoided had these services been handled by one organization. However, the personnel of the contracted service were very helpful and considerate. Overall, we are satisfied with the arrangements and await the transfer to Assisted Living which will be able to accommodate more of our Dad's needs.

Very personable staff

They've done an excellent job here overall. They did a really excellent job during the tour interacting with my loved one and answering her questions about the community, and really won her over. They've remained personable and friendly and she's really been enjoying herself.
One aspect I think they could work on is to increase the frequency of the activities. I like what they've got, they just need to happen more often.

We began our quest into senior living because of our love for our beloved mother, Mary Bickford, whose needs became too great for us to manage. As we researched senior living options, we were shocked at our findings. The options offered too much or too little – none met her needs and nothing felt like home. Since we couldn’t find what we wanted, we decided to create what we needed. Our main desire was to create a place that helped her achieve an equivalent peace and happiness that she had earlier in her life.

We understand that selecting a senior living community for your loved one is one of the toughest decisions that you will ever face. We will work with you to ensure that the transition is as easy and comfortable as possible. Whether your loved one is at home, in the hospital or even in another state, we can work with your hospital, insurance company, and doctor to make your difficult decision easier on you and your family. Aging can be difficult – but we’ve also seen the beauty in aging. Our mother’s happiness inspired us. We created Bickford for her and now we’re devoted to serving yours. We look forward to meeting you soon.

Services