Summit Place - Glassboro, NJ

Summit Place - Glassboro, NJ has yet not published prices.

Mom Enjoying Her Time in This Community

My mother is doing fine here in this community. She stays busy with the activities they offer, and she is enjoying her time in this community. They are a bit slow to response to help needed, but overall the staff is good. She has a lovely room that overlooks the courtyard. She plays bingo, and they have nice outings outside the community. The location in close to my sister, and she goes to see her every night. We would recommend this community, it is working out for our family.

Mom's New Home

The staff was warm, friendly and willing to spend a lot of time providing all of the family time to answer all of our questions and concerns on numerous occasions.

Nice tour

I liked this community when I took my tour. The people I met were nice and the community is clean. This community would have been closer to us, however it was a little more expensive than what we were looking for.

I would recommend this community

The entire staff treat the residents with respect. They offer a nice mix of activities and the residents meet with the activities staff to give their input. The food is good and they offer some variety of choices. The community is bright and clean. The maintenance person is quick to respond. We have a good line of communication with the entire staff.

The residents look bored. The architectural setup is too simple and it is very small. Not a good place for Mom.

A bit of dissatisfaction with staff and alleged activities

The staff at Summit Place are very friendly and will answer any questions you may have. My father resides there and the one thing I ask staff to do is contact me prior to a doctor seeing him. Well, today that didn't happen until I walked through the door to visit my Dad. Thank goodness I visited him today because the doctor was asking my Dad questions only to get a blank look from my Dad. The reason this occurred was because my Dad didn't have his hearing aid in or his glasses on therefore he couldn't hear what the doctor was saying. I asked staff to make sure the doctor was aware of these issues but lo and behold, I had to bring it to the doctor's attention. Secondly, the Summit Place has a schedule of the activities that they will do with the residents. I decided to stick around for movie night only to find out that I had to set up the movie, with the assistance from a medical technician, and purchase popcorn that staff said would be served at the movie. If you say that you are going to do something, please follow through with it. Do not leave these residents hanging in the dark saying that you are going to have something and you do not.

Everyone on the staff is extremely friendly. They have been very willing to make accommodations for my visually impaired mother. Although it is a small community there is a lot going on.

Reminds me of an old fashion friendly boarding house!!!

My mother in law really likes living at Summit Place. The community is clean and well maintained. While I am not able to visit as much as I would like when I am there the staff are very friendly. She does not have any complaints about the food. They offer transportation services on Mondays and although I am not sure about what activities are offered I know she is not bored living there.

Horrible place for a loved one

The head nurse and social worker are just terrible.
They tell you that they will follow up on a request and they do not. They only give lip service. Go somewhere else if you have a loved one.

Enlivant Representative

Thank you for your feedback, Philip. We are sorry to hear of your concern. We would like the opportunity to discuss with you further. Please call [removed] to speak with our customer support.

Final facility for Mom

Clean, bright and everyone was very friendly. Several residents taking part in activities when I took my tour. I liked the fact that it's a smaller facility than some of the others I viewed. Fewer residents - more attention. We've moved Mom in!!!

So far so good. Happy Aunt.

So far so good. Our Aunt was really resistent about going anywhere except home after a lengthy hospital and rehab stay. However, we explained this was the next step to going home. Now that she is there, we think she is really liking the fact that meals are prepared and housekeeping is taken care of.

Our aunt is very impressed with the property and the meals so far....and we are very happy that she is happy. We feel the price is very fair.

The staff has been wonderful...especially Kara (who seems to be a jack of all trades at the residence.

I'll report back in another few months to let you all knkow if we continue to be happy with Summit Place.

Satisfied overall

Overall I think they do a good job at Summit Place. The staff are all very friendly, and they've always been willing to make changes if I have any suggestions on care for my loved one. I do think the staff could be a bit better prepared for handling a resident with high level care needs, they could be a bit more attentive. But overall I'm very satisfied with the level of care they provide here for the price.

Very nice place!

I'm very happy with how things are going at Summit Place! All of the staff are very nice, and a few of them are just completely outstanding! The director of activities, Peggy, is fantastic! She is very very caring, and I have never seen anyone work as hard as she does with the residents. I don't know how they got someone as good as her, but they need to hang on to her! The director of nursing has also been phenomenal to work with. They recently went through a change of ownership, and I've noticed that caused the quality in a few areas to decline somewhat. Most noticeably in the food. Under the previous owners it was very very good, like going to a restaurant, but recently it has become much more standard "institutional" type fare. However, they are still a fabulous place, and I would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking into care in the area.

Review on Summit Place in Glassboro, NJ

I think Summit Place is an excellent facility. The staff is always eager to please and are very helpful to the patients and their family. The food always looks appealing. This facility makes you feel like this is home and the residents look like they are in their home- very comfortable.

Review for Summit Place in Glassboro, NJ

I have found Summit Place (Post House) to be a very pleasant facility. My encounters with the staff have been positive particularly Dianna Cross. She is an absolute angel. I thank God for her. I have also had good interaction with Matt Basara.

At Summit Place we pride ourselves on our relaxed home like atmosphere where our residents come first. We are located in the small town of Glassboro, New Jersey just one half mile east of Rowan College and two miles south of Lakeside Park.

Our residents are happy to call Summit Place home due to our exceptional staff, engaging activities and active social life. Our open floor plan encourages socialization of all types. For those interested in quiet activities we offer arts and crafts, a comfortable library and a peaceful outdoor courtyard. For those residents wishing to kick up their heels a bit we have line dancing classes, live entertainment, barbecues and picnic lunches. We hold senior proms, complete with a live DJ and the chance to get decked out in your finest outfit. On summer evenings you will often find residents gathering on the front porch sipping cold drinks and enjoying each other’s company.

Offsite activities include:

•Trips to Deptford Mall
•Activities at Glassboro Senior Center
•Checking out books at Glassboro Public Library
•Socializing at Heritage Winery
•Educational visits to South Jersey Museum of American History
•Fun afternoons at the Glassboro Bowl and Recreation Center.

We encourage independence, personal choice and active living while taking safety considerations into account by:
•Having the Wanderguard system in place
•Coordinating with third party care providers, including hospice
•Offering an enclosed and secure outdoor courtyard
•Setting up detailed individualized care plans
•Assisting with activities of daily living
•Providing medication and chronic disease management
•Offering rehabilitation, respite care and short term stay services
•Ensuring that our residents attend all medical appointments by providing transportation
Our comfortable spacious apartments can be decorated to suit your tastes and lifestyle. Apartments are equipped with kitchenettes, private bathrooms, individual climate controls and generous storage spaces.