Fox Trail Assisted Living at Deptford - Woodbury, NJ

Distressing Changes in 2017

My dad has been here for almost a year and there have been some changes that are distressing. The Activities Director left for another job several months ago, and they really don't do anything but play bingo now. They used to bring in musical performers like a guitar player or a man who plays the organ, but they haven't done that for months. They are supposed to have movie nights but they never do. They haven't had trips to the dollar store or lunch in months. My dad doesn't mind the food, but there are people here who can't eat what they serve because the quality is so bad. But the worse thing is, my dad turned 90 last week, and they raised his service fee so that they now are charging him $8900.+ a month. When we signed up the sales team told us they wouldn't charge for wheeling him to his meals, and with the new nursing coordinator, they are charging him hundreds of dollars per month to wheel him less than 20 feet to the dining room. The aides are nice but they are terribly understaffed. We have been thinking of looking for a new place for a while but since they have literally doubled his monthly charges, we have no choice. When his money runs out there is no guarantee they will even have a Medicaid bed for him. Sad and distressing treatment to our family.

Well kept and clean facility. Staff truly seemed to care about the well being of residents. Very informative meeting.

I would give this a fair rating for assisted living; however, for memory care, I would rate it poor. It's a small facility, two buildings containing a total of 48 units. There is no secure area for dementia residents. Dementia residents need extra attention and structure, and I don't feel they would get it here if they can just roam around the building with other residents. There is no reception area. People sign in and out in a book on a table by the entrance. Families enter via a keypad by the door. It doesn't give one a strong sense of security for a family member with Alzheimer's. Staff was friendly and personable, but I didn't see activities going on, other than the rosary being said in a group.

Large entrance fee!

The community was very clean but the rooms were very small. The staff that offered the tour was very knowledgeable and able to answer all of my questions. They offered activities that the residents seemed to enjoy.

Please check out Brookdale....you won't regret it!

5/17/2016. My Mom was at Brookdale (formerly Sterling House) for just starting her 3rd yr in Feb. My sister and I were very happy overall. They just recently got a new Manager who is wonderful!! There were some issues and she has addressed them and I strongly recommend you check them out now!! The nurses and staff are wonderful . They play bingo every day, do crafts go to the casino go out to lunch sometimes and just keep them busy! They also have different people come in and entertain, do karaoke. Holiday parties..really alot of fun things! My Mom Really enjoyed herself and she was NOT a bingo kind of lady but she played every day. She passed away Friday the 13th of all days but they couldn't have been kinder through the whole ordeal. We wil always be grateful for thie kindness, compassion and love they gave us! It is small, homey and I am so hapoy we found them and it was the most reasonable place also! Good Luck to you!

There wasn't anything I really didn't...

There wasn't anything I really didn't like about it. We were very happy.

We really liked the friendliness, the attention she got, the place was very, very clean.

The aides were great, the nurses were great.

My mother was not there for very long and did not participate in activities.

It was very easy to my house and very easy to get to.

There really wasn't anything they could improve on.

I'm really impressed with them.

I am finding them to be fairly good. I don't have as many problems with them as I do with the state of New Jersey's rules and regulations. If they make a call to the doctor and they have an order or suggestion, they can't do anything with that suggestion, or those orders, until they get a fax from the doctor, if it's night time he can't get to a fax they have to wait. They do an excellent job with cleaning and with cooking. The chef talks to the residents and asks what he would like to cook. He has never played bingo in his life, but he is now. They try to plan an outing once a month. I haven't had anything that hasn't been resolved. I'm really impressed with them.

Great place!

They're doing a really great job at Sterling House! The facility itself is very nice looking, and they do a great job keeping it looking clean and well kept. The staff have been very friendly, and they're great about responding to questions, explaining billing particulars, etc. They're also very reliable when it comes to their medication distribution, which is a big load off of my mind! I think the best thing about this place, however, is the sense of community. It's a smaller facility, so everybody knows each other. They've got activities going on all the time, and have outings a few times a month. Since he moved here my loved one has been so much more active and social than he was at home!

Hopefully a Great Place for Mom

My mother has not yet moved in, but we expect that to happen next Tuesday, April 8. I am very optimistic because it is a somewhat small facility that will not be overly confusing to someone in an already confused state. The staff there has been very accommodating to our needs and I expect that to continue. I like the homey atmosphere compared to other facilities that seemed large and overwhelming. I am basing my review on many visits to the facility and what I've seen when there.

Friendly and Professional

My mother has been at Sterling House-Deptford for over four months. She has been treated very well and seems to be adjusting to her new surroundings. The staff is very friendly and there ahs been enough activities to keep her involved with the community.

A nice looking community

We toured this location while looking into options for Mom. I didn't get much experience with this community, but what I saw during the tour looked fine. This was on the list of communities we were considering, but we eventually ended up choosing another based on location a good experience with the staff.

A small caring place for my Mom

Sterling House was recommened by A Place for Mom, and it has been a blessing for her. They strive to assist the special needs of my Mom and others residents as well. It is much cleaner than the previous place where my Mom lived, which had dirt and dust in her room all the time. This place is neat and the workers try hard.

I can rest my mind knowing that my Mom is safe, because the workers at Sterling House will make sure of that. Because it is small, they are able to keep a close eye on their residents. Whereas other places residents seem to get lost in the shuffle. I am happy I chose this place.

The overall experience for my Mom at ...

The overall experience for my Mom at Sterling House has been wonderful. The administrative staff is efficient and helpful and always available to answer questions. All the staff are pleasant, friendly and helpful and seem to enjoy their jobs. The building and grounds are clean and inviting. Mom says the food is very good. Everyone associated with Sterling House seems to have a genuine care and concern for the residents. Many activities are available and my Mom especially loves times with music and dancing. Mom likes that she is invited to join in all activities but is never pressured to participate. I would recommend Sterling House.

We really liked Sterling House. I thi...

We really liked Sterling House. I think my mom would be happy there.

Nice layout of building.

Nice layout of building.

Our skilled professionals provide compassionate and attentive care so your senior loved one continues to experience rewarding moments of personal success. Fox Trail's assisted care living & memory care living Deptford, NJ community was designed for those that need help with activities of daily living (ADLs) as well as memory-related issues, but who still want to feel some level of independence. Our professionals participate in extensive ongoing training to deliver the highest standard of senior care.