When you think of independent living, assisted living, and memory care, what do you see? If cookie-cutter apartments, quiet hallways, bland food and stereotypical activities come to mind, then think again. Over twenty years of experience have taught us that today’s seniors want more choices and are leading a more active lifestyle than generations before. That’s why one visit will shatter your expectations.

How do we do it? We start with an environment of choice. You’ll find a great variety of living options from affordable studio apartments to spacious two-bedroom suites. And best of all you’ll find great clubs, fun events and fantastic cuisine, just steps from your door. Here, you’ll flourish, thrive and be empowered to express your true self, all in an environment unlike anything you’d expect.

Come see why we have been voted "Best of SJ" three years in a row!

Care and comfort

This is a nice community for good care. We like the staff who are kind and very helpful when needed. They offer the residents if they want in the dining area. The community is clean and maintained. I would recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I’ll read your review to the team to acknowledge their dedication and thank them for a job well done. Sincerely, Annette Simmons, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Annette Simmons.

Woodbury Mews is a hidden gem!

My mom is settle in

This has been a positive experience for my mom, she is already taking part in the field trips and the activities they offer the residents and she likes going to the dining room and socializing with the other residents. There are a lot of amenities here and community is very nice they have a nice courtyard for the residents to sit outside on.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your experience with an online review. We value your opinion and we’re so glad you are satisfied and happy. Please stay in close contact and let us know what we can do to ensure your mom continues to thrive. Sincerely, Annette Simmons, Executive Director

Happy with this community

Dad is in the memory care unit and he is participating in some of the daily activities. This community offers happy hour on Fridays.The staff have been friendly, encouraging and we have good communication. The community is very clean and well taken care of. Dad has friends here and I would recommend it.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I will read your review to the team and acknowledge them for their dedication, expertise and caring ways. Please stay in close contact and let us know what we can do to ensure your dad continues to thrive. Sincerely, Annette Simmons, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Annette Simmons.

Very nice facility. Separate memory care unit was very nice. Upper end of price scale.

My Summer Community

I am alright with the community I picked. I am on a vegan diet and every community has that type of food in their kitchen. This community has been finding substitutions for me to eat a vegan diet and I like the accommodations. I am comfortable here and everything is going fine. I have noticed they have to do a lot of maintenance around the community and there seems to be a little staff here.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your review. We are committed to resident and family member satisfaction and I’m so glad you are satisfied with the experience. I’ll share your compliments with dining services and our caring team to thank them for loving what they do. I’m glad it shows. Please stay in close contact and let us know what we can do to ensure you continue to thrive. Sincerely, Annette Simmons, Executive Director

Wonderful Community

This is a really nice community, and my mother is doing very well since her move here. I'am very satisfied with all they have done for us. I know she is safe, and in good hands. They have a very good staff at this facility. They do a good job with the cleanliness. They do provide nice meals, and have good activities available for the residents. It has been a lovely experience for us in this community, and I would recommend it.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience - we love what we do and I’m glad it shows. I’ll read your review to the team and acknowledge them for their dedication and thank them for a job well done. Please stay in close contact and let us know what we can do to ensure your mother continues to thrive here at Woodbury Mews. Sincerely, Annette Simmons, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Annette Simmons.

Was impressed with the Memory Care Unit and the nursing staff, who are specialty trained to handle dementia residents. The chef makes special food items that can be easily picked up with the hands, when dementia residents forget how to use utensils. Residents are encouraged to participate in the many activities, including gardening in the enclosed courtyard. The facility is clean, the rooms are bright and many areas have been updated. Menu is impressive and meals are freshly made. This is definitely on my family's shortlist.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your experience; I’m glad to hear that your visit was a pleasant one. We are especially proud of our revolutionary new dining program called Thrive Dining™. It was designed to restore the dignity and enjoyment of mealtime for individuals with cognitive or physical challenges. I’ll share your compliments with dining services and our caring team to thank them for loving what they do. I’m glad it shows. If it would be possible to give me a call at [removed], it would be great to know what we can do differently to make Woodbury Mews the first choice for area seniors. We are focused on constant improvement and your insights would be very helpful. Thank you again for visiting. Sincerely, Annette Simmons, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Annette Simmons.

A good bang for your buck

The community is extremely well kept and attractive. They offer a full calendar of activities. The food is chef prepared and very good. The staff have been lovely. The community is in a good location. I would live here and I recommend taking a look at it.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for the high marks – we love what we do and it definitely shows. I’m glad you had a positive experience when you visited and I hope we see you again soon. If you have questions along the way please feel free to give us a call. Thanks again, Tim Ballas, Managing Director
Posted on behalf of Tim Ballas.

We like it!

Everything has been going fine so far. The staff is working with mom well and they are very nice. The community and moms room is always clean. They do offer a lot for the residents to do mom just has not gotten involved yet. The only thing that bothered me which maybe the way things are done was that if the residents refuses a shower they will not give them one. That was a little strange. Other than that everything is good.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your review. I’m so glad your Mom is settling in and you are satisfied with the experience. I understand how you feel about refusing services; your question is not uncommon. We defer to the preferences and respect the rights of our residents. If a situation becomes a health concern we take further steps to work with family or trusted doctors to discuss with residents why a particular service is important for their health. Because every individual situation is unique and we respect our residents’ rights I am unable to speak further in a public forum such as this but I would be glad to talk with you personally to discuss. It is not an uncommon challenge that elderly residents find showers frightening. We need to work together to overcome this challenge. I am pleased to know you have been informed of her refusal, as you should be. Please Stop by my office or give me a call any time. And please stay in close contact and let us know anything and everything we can do to ensure your Mom is thriving. Sincerely, Rebecca White, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Rebecca White.

I Took A Tour!!

The Woodbury Mews was a very delightful community to tour. The staff seemed very happy to have us there. They even continue to follow up with us and check to see how my loved one is doing to this day. The only reason we did not go with this community was simply because my loved one was not ready for this level of care.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to review our community. Please call any time to request a community calendar and a Watermark University Catalog. We’d love to have you join us for a class, lecture, excursion or fun social event. Sincerely, Tim Ballas, Managing Director
Posted on behalf of Tim Ballas, Managing Director.

Needs a lot of updating!!

The staff that toured my loved one and I where very kind and helpful. The building needed a lot of updating and renovations. It was very dim lighting throughout the community with an unwelcoming smell. The furniture seemed old as well as the carpet. I did not care for this location at all.

Watermark Ambassador

I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t have a more favorable impression from your visit. We regularly receive high marks for resident satisfaction, ambiance and cleanliness. I will share your review with our entire team to motivate and address. Thank you for sharing your feedback to help us be continually improving. Sincerely, Michael Lando, Executive Director

No outdoor area!

The community was very clean. It was a very tall building had a condo type feel to it. They did offer many activities. My mom loves to garden but they didn't offer a courtyard or any outdoor space.

Watermark Ambassador

We believe gardening feeds the soul. Our assisted living neighborhood features raised planter gardening on the deck and residents of independent living enjoy the same opportunity. We also have quite a few raised planters which were recently installed as a fun intergenerational project with a local Boy Scout troop. I apologize that this information wasn’t clear during your tour. Please consider this a personal invitation to come back for another visit. Sincerely, Michael Lando, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Michael Lando.

I had a good experience at Woodbury!!!

This is a fine older community. I had a good first impression. The staff we met were nice. Unlike the community we chose you have to pay for everything separately as it is not included in your monthly fee.

Above and Beyond - Amazing Team of Professionals Who Truly Care

My Mom has been a Resident at the Independent Living facility for almost 5 years. We made the decision to move her over to Assisted Living (Assisted Level 1) after her memory started to slip and remembering meds and meals became an issue for her. I can't say enough about the wonderful staff at both Independent and Assisted. Theresa, Denise, Nikki and all the front desk representatives have been amazing. Very nice and accommodating in making the transition flawless.

I am so glad years ago Mom and I choose Woodbury Mews. In the world today, it's hard to find a team that makes you feel comfortable and welcome - the Team at Woodbury Mews always goes above and beyond. I would recommend this facility to anyone. 5 stars!

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you so much for taking the time to create this review for Woodbury Mews. It is our pleasure and privilege to get to know and to care for your Mom. I look forward to sharing this with Theresa, Denise, Nikki and our entire team. They’ll appreciate seeing that they have made a difference. Please keep us well informed of anything special we might do to ensure she’s thriving. We’re always open to suggestions for new classes, clubs, programs, menu items and outings. Thank you again. Sincerely, Michael Lando, Executive Director

HORRIBLE SERVICE

I am not sure who wrote those glowing reviews for this place but after today I am appalled at the service this place gives.

My mother in law has been there 5 months. She is not a complainer at all, she is 91 and always sees the bright side of things. After moving in this place, she complains everyday.

TODAY, she fell in the front stairs. My sister in law ran in to get help and ice, they told her to go to the kitchen to get it.

NO ONE CAME OUT to help. thank god she is ok, very bruised.

Watermark Ambassador

I’m surprised and sorry to hear that this took place and that you’re experiencing dissatisfaction. I assure you that the safety and security of our residents is our utmost priority and we are also committed to their happiness on a day to day basis. We are re-launching training on what to do in any instance like this and the training will be fully documented across the board. I would appreciate it if you could call me to discuss the details. I sincerely appreciate your time. Michael Lando, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Michael Lando.

Maybe I'm spoiled, but the food Can be hit or miss. Nice facility. Activities everyday. People are nice. Conveniently located to shopping.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for taking the time to review our community. I’m glad you’re enjoying the activities and programs and finding your neighbors and our associates to be friendly and welcoming. As for the food, my attitude is that you absolutely should be spoiled! That’s what we’re aiming for. Please feel free to stop by my office any time to discuss what kinds of changes you might like to see in the menu. Also, I encourage you to join our Dining Committee to provide ongoing input and feedback on how we’re doing. Thank you again for your review. Sincerely, Michael Lando, Executive Director.
Posted on behalf of Michael Lando

immaculate place

The place is immaculate and very nice. It is beautiful and lovely on the inside. The activities are not as extensive as the ones she was used to from the facility in Texas.

5-Star Rating

We would suggest an orientation of some kind when a person first moves in. We weren't aware of how routines, schedules, etc worked or who to talk to for answers. We would also really like to have a medical alert button available for residents to wear. My Dad has fallen several times but could not reach the emergency cord in the room. A medical alert watch or pendant would supply greater access to help when needed.

very accommodating

Woodbury Mews is a nice place overall, and my loved one does seem happy here,The facility itself is very nice looking, and they do a nice job keeping everything looking clean and well kept.I'd give them top marks across the board! It's a nice looking, clean community, and the staff have all been very friendly and attentive.

very accommodating

One thing they could do to improve would be to put toilets in the apartment that are higher up for people with back problems. They can also be a little slow on maintenance to fix things, probably due to being short handed.

Those are a couple of small areas for improvement, but overall it has been a really good experience. They have been very good at accommodating my requests and needs, and have often gone out of their way to please me.

Refund

My Mother did not stay at the Mews. I submitted a check for her stay and it was cashed before she was admitted. When she did not go to the Mews, it took me 4 weeks to receive my refund.

Nice place for independent living, a few issues to fix

Woodbury Mews is a nice place overall, and my loved one does seem happy here, but there are a few areas I really think they could stand to improve. The facility itself is very nice looking, and they do a nice job keeping everything looking clean and well kept. It is worth mentioning that their independent living section really is for those who are independent, the rooms do not have emergency call buttons. The staff are all very friendly, although they do seem to have a lot of turnover in their management staff. However, they could improve quite a lot when it comes to maintenance issues and requests. It is like pulling teeth trying to get things fixed. You have to really stay on top of them to make sure anything gets done. The other thing they really need to work on is the food. It is just bad. I haven't heard a good word about it, either from the residents, or from any relatives who have been to visit. That being said, my loved one likes her apartment, and really seems to enjoy herself here.

Lucky to have landed at "the Mews"

My twin sister is living at Woodbury Mews after literal brush with death. She has just discovered that what she thought were allergies for years is, in fact, advanced COPD and emphysema. We were just talking
about this tonight. Under their care, she feels better than she has in years. She has so many people helping her, making sure her needs
are met and that she's comfortable. She was admitted as a level 2 because, at this point, she can do very little for herself. In addition to the extra care, she's getting 3 balanced meals a day - something she hasn't had for years. And, as her sister, they have been very respectful to me and answered all of my questions and concerns. Nothing is taken lightly. Tonight, we both agreed - although there were some adjustments, we could not be happier about our choice.

It was a beautiful facility, really nice.

It was a beautiful facility, really nice. The staff was friendly. I came for a tour, it was comparable to another community, but I liked the overall feel of the other one better. This was a little more expensive, too.

The location is ideal. We ...

The location is ideal. We liked the fact that it had progressive levels of care. We also liked the fact that it had high ceilings and lots of apartment options. The apartments themselves felt like 'starter apartments'. Since my mother has always taken pride in furnishing and decorating her home, we are not sure this is a perfect match for her.

Welcoming Staff and Refurbished Building

Very, very impressed. I just visited my brother yesterday. For $1800/month, he gets three meals a day. In Southern NJ, I couldn't find anything that approached that for that price. It is independent living, not assisted living. I think that the building has been refurbished, it's about 100 years old on the outside, but looks about three years old on the inside. It's Very clean. They've always got events going on. The women that we first spoke with were very welcoming and explained all the policies. They are very available over the phone when I have any questions. My brother is 66 so he is the youngest guy there by about 15 years!

Very Nice Independent Living

My father just switched apartments so that his is slightly more affordable. They still offer three meals a day, which is included in the cost of the rent. They do cards and pool games, and occasional outings. The physical structure is decent - I was really impressed. My father has a partial kitchen, which includes a refrigerator, sink, and a few cabinets. He has the choice of doing his own laundry or paying the community to do it. The laundry machine is just down the hallway, not far from his apartment at all.

When I visited the facility...

When I visited the facility, I found the staff to be friendly and provided all the information I needed in considering Woodbury Mews as a possible option for my mom. Everything was very well maintained and inviting. The rooms are actually quite spacious and I believe anyone would be very comfortable living there.

It had a clean look. I didn't like t...

It had a clean look. I didn't like the highrise type of building. I didn't feel like they were that interested in having me be there as I was just looking at this time.

Cost was not prohibitive. In-home doc...

Cost was not prohibitive. In-home doctor visits.

Great place

Great place

nice place; clean friendly staff; not...

nice place; clean friendly staff; not as homey feel; walk into desk then sitting area; ok