The Options

The tour went really well. and they were nice to see. The tour guide was on time for the appointment and they knew what they were talking when we asked our questions. We felt they were not the best fit.

Very friendly staff &!residents

The staff seems very helpful and caring. My Mother felt very comfortable immediately after moving in.

A Caring Place

When I brought my mother on a tour she felt right at home the first visit. She immediately talked with some of the residents and felt good about living there. The staff seem very caring and have good interaction with the people they serve. I feel Brookdale is a great choice for my mother!

Good Experience, Tour Was Nice

I had a good tour of this community. It was a nice experience. The staff I met was kind, and friendly. The community looked nice. Everyone was very kind. The location of this community was too far from his doctors, and other personal needs he has. My tour went well, but this wasn't the facility for us.

Very happy!

Everything has been going great here with my dad. He has even gotten involved with a few activities. He loves the food and going to the dining hall to mingle with his friends. The community is always kept clean and we are all just very pleased with them.

[Re moved] was very helpful the nurses and aides nice

Highly Recommended

There could maybe be some more activities, because my loved one participates in some, but she's also in her room a lot so I would like her to get out more. Other than that, they have been very helpful. She has only been there for a short while, but I have already seen a huge improvement. I would highly recommend the place.

Place is very safe and homey feeling. Safe enclosed courtyard. Great intercom system in each room linked to safety button worn by resident to cellphone carried by staff. Great variety of food and activities. Friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are nice sized and allow for a living area and bedroom. I liked the individualized plans for each resident to have the things they personally need or like when they prefer to get it, instead of having everyone on the same schedule.

We really like it

We really like it. It's friendly and accommodating. The facility is very clean. Everything has been great. My father is very happy and comfortable here. The care givers do a great job.

The staff really care about their residents. Resident care is important here, I don't think you will find a place better than this, because the staff really care and it shows! It may cost a little more, but it is worth it

Sterling House is a clean, safe, friendly place for your loved one.

Before placing my sister at Sterling House, we research several other assisted living facilities in the Lancaster area. Sterling House staff has the friendliest staff and has the most "home like" feeling. The fact that the exterior doors are locked at all times was a factor in our decision and the staff are appropriately dressed and clean and neat in appearance. Since my sister has taken up residence there we are impressed with the assistance given her due to her disability. I feel comfortable with her at Sterling House knowing she is in a safe place and will be provided with any support she needs.

Would have great under different circumstances

My mother never actually moved in. I enrolled her and then after careful consideration, due to her health issues, I chose to place her in a long term care facility with more medical/nursing available. Staff and mgmt was very friendly, but no one has returned my calls regarding getting my deposit back. I have even sent a letter to the administrative offices, with no response to date. If she had moved in, I would not be asking for the deposit back, but since I informed them before she moved in, I feel like it should be returned.

Wonderful experience for my Mother

Sterling house was a hit for my mom the mintue she saw it. The staff is so friendly she
says she feeels like a queen.

Expensive

My mom did not move in. She chose to move in with her brother becuase it's expensive. I toured and though it was good. The only think I didn't care for it that if they had to give any medications it was a $15 fee daily which would be $450 a month just to give her some tylenol.

It seems like they get the residents out on a regular basis and provide transportation for people who don't drive. My mom didn't move in but that was a strictly financial decision.

Friendly and Accommodating

We chose Sterling House because the staff is really nice and have gone out of their way to answer any questions we had. Although it hurts making this decision we feel we made the right decision in selecting these communities. The staff is really friendly and accommodating. When we first started talking to them we went to the community for a visit and then they came to us for a visit. They seem to really care and like they really wanted our loved one to be a part of their community. We were able to go to sleep day she moved in knowing that she will be safe and would not be in harms way. We are very pleased with Sterling House so far and would recommend it to anyone.

Sterling House is an assisted living residence that provides housing and assistance to older adults who want to retain their independence while receiving the daily support they need. The intimate setting for those with limited mobility, as well as specialized programming, help residents maximize independence and quality of life. Residents receive the personal assistance and support they need in a warm and comfortable environment, while enjoying private apartments, companionship and life enrichment programs. A 24-hour staff caters to each resident’s individual needs. Services offered at Sterling House include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, medication assistance and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Intimate setting provides access for individuals with limited mobility
- Emergency response system in each resident’s room
- Outdoor amenities include patios, raised gardening beds, and walking paths
- Furnishings, window and wall treatments are carefully selected