Reflections Retirement Community - Lancaster, OH

The management really care about the patients there. It's like a little family there!

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your review; we appreciate your confidence in us and we’re proud to provide a 5-star experience for our residents and families!

They want the best for you!

Management is top-notch!

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your recommendation of our community; we appreciate your confidence in us!

On Our List To See

The tour went really well and I was really impressed with the community. It bothered me that they are two stories and in a large building. I don't think my parent would be able to navigate through the elevators.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your tour of our community. While we're disappointed that we weren't the best fit for your loved one, we very much appreciate your visit!

Do Not Like The Way They Do Business

At this point, we are looking for a new place to move my mom. I don't like the way this community does their business. They have raised the cost of the nursing care cost that my mother receives if she receives it. She is in a wheelchair and they don't have a handicap van so she can't go on any of the day trips or be taken out to lunch or doctor appointments. Mom has a lovely balcony off her room that she could go sit on and enjoy the view however she is unable to because it is locked all the time and we did not know that when we toured the community. All of the staff covers meal times so if a resident such as my mother needs something in her room she has to wait until after mealtime to be attended too I just feel that for the amount of money my mother is paying she is not getting the quality of care or services she is paying for.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for review and comments. We are disappointed to learn that Reflections as meeting your expectations. Our Nurses and aides strive every day to provide the best care for our residents. Reflections management team consists of true leaders who are highly involved with our residents, staff and compliant and transparent in all our business dealings. Please reach out to me I welcome the opportunity to talk discuss in more detail your concerns. Please call me at [removed] or e-mail at [removed] , as I am very interested in speaking with you. - Karen Kraft, Executive Director.

Amazing!!!

Such a incredible place for family to live.
Extremely clean ,Staff is Amazing,caring and friendly
Its like walking into HOME everyone is so nice....
Food is Great,and there is always activities going on.
You could not ask for a better place ...AAA+++

SLC Midwest

Rich, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We appreciate your confidence in us!

Mom's Happy Home

This is an amazing community for care. My mom loves being here to this wonderful community for great care. The community is clean and the environment is wonderful for her. The menu is wonderful and she is liking everything that she has had. The activities are good for her and she likes participating with the other residents. We highly recommend the care and the value of this community to other families. This has to be the best community for care in the entire city.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for review and comments. We are very pleased to learn that you and your mother are pleased that she has made her home with us at Reflections Retirement Community. It is always our goal to provide excellent care of our residents, medically, physically as well as emotionally. Please call me at [removed] or e-mail at [removed], and thank you for your review.

Liked it

Really liked the homey atmosphere and the lady who game me the tour. The residents looked cared for and happy. I left with cookies, a folder of information and felt much calmer. The price is perfect for us so when my dad gets out of rehab he is moving into reflections.

SLC Midwest

I am so glad Reflections was a source of calm to you during a stressful time for your loved one. We look forward to walking this journey with you and your father. Karen Kraft, Executive Director

Blessed!

Reflections Retirement Community is an absolutely fabulous place to live. Reflections has the most caring, hard-working, educated and wonderful individuals on staff. They truly care about the residents well being, quality of life and overall happiness. They go out of their way every day to make sure every need is met for each resident and their family members. After several tours and watching how the staff interacted and really took an interest in the residents we placed my grandma in their care and couldn't be happier. They treat her as if she were their own family with love and respect. The management is also top-notch and is involved as well in the daily living and care of the residents. The whole staff is hands on in every aspect of making the community a warm, loving and safe environment for all who are in their care.

Thank you to Reflections for all you do for my grandma. You are truly a blessing!

Hannah,
We are so excited that your grandma will be coming to live with us at Reflections. It is always our team’s goal to please residents, families and visitors. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Executive Director, Karen Kraft, at our community phone number. Thanks for your feedback!

A+ facility

First impressions are everything and this place was A+. Was greeted by friendly outgoing people who listened to my needs and answered all my questions. Nursing staff and aides were great! They always have a full calendar of events for the residents and plenty of meal choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner for my loved one to choose from.

Don't put our family in this place

First off the care could be a lot better than it is. This place is not worth having our parents or grandparents in. Management doesn't care just there for a check , the nurses really don't do nothing , the aides and the nurses talk about the people who live there , also the aides talk about each other so that interfere with the care they give this people. I think all management needs to be replaced. I give this place 0 stars.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for review and comments. We are disappointed to learn of your current opinion of Reflections. It is the goal of our entire team to daily enhance the lives of our residents by giving quality care, meals and activities. Our staff is competent in every way. Please be assured that Senior Lifestyle's has a Code of Conduct that serves as a guide for all employees to do their jobs according to high ethical and professional standards and those policies are enforced at Reflections. I welcome the opportunity to talk discuss in more detail your concerns. Please call me at [removed] or e-mail at [removed], as I am very interested in speaking with you.

Quality of Food Needs Improvement, But A Good Community

My mother is doing fantastic here at this community. It has been a lovely experience so far. The community is well-kept, everything very nice and clean. The staff is very good, they are helpful and attentive. She enjoys playing cards with the residents. One thing she doesn't like is the food. They need to improve the quality of food they serve. Overall I know she is being cared for well and she is in good hands. This is a community I would recommend.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review and comments. We are glad you are pleased with your mother’s experience at Reflections. It is always our goal to serve appealing and appetizing food that fits the needs of our residents. Thank you for brining your mother’s dining concern to the forefront. I welcome the opportunity to talk discuss your mother’s dining choices in more detail with you. Please call me at [removed] or e-mail at [removed] , as I am very interested in speaking with you. Karen Kraft, Executive Director

Reflections relieved my anxiety!!!

My grandma is doing very well at Reflections. I am not able to speak about the food but the menu did have some good choices on it. She does participate in some of the activities they offer. The staff is very nice and I am extremely happy with them. I would recommend this community.

staff is very helpful and always bubbly.....maintenance could use some upgrade.....3 weeks to get some repairs done....
Brandon is the best

SLC Midwest

Thank you for review and comments. We are glad you are pleased with the care your loved one is receiving at Reflections. It is always our goal to give prompt and courtesy attention to the maintenance needs of our residents. I also agree Brandon GREAT! Thank you for bringing your timing concern to the forefront so we can better focus our attention to response time. I welcome the opportunity to talk discuss in more detail your concerns. Please call me at [removed] or e-mail at [removed] , as I am very interested in speaking with you. Best regards, Karen Kraft, Executive Director.

Reflections stay

My mother in law felt that the residents were not friendly and not enough activities were offered. She also did not like the type and variety of food choices.

Otherwise she was in good health when she came home and we were appreciative that she was in a safe place while we were gone

SLC Midwest

Thank you for review and comments. We were disappointed to learn that your mother in law did not have a better experience with us. It is always our goal to make our respite residents feel welcome and comfortable during their stay. We are glad you were able to enjoy your trip and were pleased with the care your mother in law received during her stay at Reflections. I welcome the opportunity to discuss in more detail your concerns. Please call me at [removed] or e-mail at [removed], as I am very interested in speaking with you. Best, Karen Kraft, Executive Director.

Review of Reflections Retirement Community-Lancaster, Oh

Large facility, 2 levels, with Assisted living on 2nd floor. Elevators available, but my concern is with my Father using stairs instead. Only Studios, small, medium, and Large available, which may not be comfortable with my Fathers comfort level he is use to with separate room/area for sleeping. No sinks in kitchenette area, as the facility would rather have the residents use the Dining Area and socialize. I believe in this philosophy, however, considering my Fathers living experiences, this may not work to his comfort level. The facility is large, lots of room internal and external, and opportunities for more outside activity than the other facilities I visited which is a plus for residents that desire that option. Lastly, I really like the idea that Reflections works with their sister facility Carriage Court for internal transfers should the level of care required for increased memory of care issues increases.

Friendly, helpful staff

They've done an excellent job so far at Reflections Retirement Community. The staff here are friendly and professional, and they've really gone out of their way to help my loved one get settled in, even going so far as helping her get her furniture moved from her old place. It's really been a great experience overall, I have no complaints.

Very nice looking place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this was a very nice looking place! The facility itself was clean and well kept. I liked that it was located far enough from the city that you can see the countryside, the views were very nice.

Not the best, but not the worst place to live.

My mother moved into Reflections almost a year ago. We were able to negotiate lunch and dinner with the monthly rent. We were given permission to paint her unit, and make a few changes to make it more of a home. Everything was great. Since then, they have experienced a turn over of staff. The activities listed, are usually for show. The upkeep of the property has gone down hill, and it's hard to get repairs done. Furnace/air conditioning filters are not changed, and some of units need replaced. The food service has good, then budget cuts were made, and it has gone down hill some. Food choices are very limited. In the beginning, they would bring your meal to your room if needed, now they charge $5 for each delivery. They do have outings, will take the residents to the grocery store, and with 2 week notice take them to the doctor, which is helpful. Unfortunately, they gave notice of a 7% rent increase, which is causing many of the residents to look else where to live due to the changes taking place.

We just moved my in-laws into Reflect...

We just moved my in-laws into Reflections this past week. They love Reflections. Everyone is so nice and helpful. Their apartment is wonderful and they were able to keep their dog. They love the food and the neighbors. This is the perfect place for our parents and once they are settled in they will be so happy about the move. Thanks to Kim who was wonderful to work with.

Dark Also

Same as onther one I toured. Dark surrounding like a nursing home reburbed to Assited living.
I was toured by the maintence guy.

Lovely location with very f...

Lovely location with very friendly people. Was more of what my mother was looking for.