Carriage Court of Lancaster - Lancaster, OH

They said "mistakes were made". Mom went to hospital with233/115 BP after I made them call 911. Don't send your loved ones here.

Seeing the Community

We had a good tour of the community. It looked nice to us. The tour was on time and the person was able to answer all our questions. We decided on a smaller community.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback; we are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us!

Did not provide expected/contracted care. Don't send your loved one here.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that your experience at Carriage Court of Lancaster did not live up to the expectations we strive for. It’s important to us that we understand and address your concerns, so we invite you to reach out to our Executive Director at our community phone number, [removed]. Thank you again for your input, and we look forward to hearing from you!

I Like Seeing the Connection

They are awesome, the staff know his behavior. He is a playful man and they play with him too. I believe the staff like him a lot. The meals are good with good activities available. Sometimes when they take me to him I walk past the other rooms and it has a smell when I walk by. The main reason I picked them is because they are less than 5 minutes away from me. I would recommend them.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review; we appreciate your confidence in us!

Everyone sitting around!

We used to have my mother in law here. We were not real enthused with the way they treated the residents. The staff would have all of them sitting out in the hall doing nothing with there day. The community is beautiful and the staff is good though, but we thought that this just would not fit dad.

SLC Midwest

We are sad to hear this was the experience your mother in law received while in our community. Please know we are diligently working to constantly improve our resident experiences. Thank you for sharing your feed back. We would like to encourage you to visit again and see the fun new things we are doing.

No Complaints, Mom is Well

All is well so far since my mother's move to this community. At the beginning there was an adjustment process, but now she is doing well. This is a nice community, and everything is very well maintained. The staff are good people, they have been very positive and helpful. Everything has worked out for us well at this community. I have no complaints, and recommend it.

We are very pleased with the team at Carriage Court. ..providing wonderful care for my mom.

Review of Carriage Court Of Lancaster-Lancaster, OH

Nice facility. Coordinates with sister facility Reflections on internal transfers should level of management be required. I do not believe Dads level of management is excessive enough to require the care offered at this facility, but it would be a possible option AFTER he might progress to that level. The staff I met were very helpful, facility seemed proficient managed and able to care for residents requiring increased care levels. But just not the right “fit” for my Father at this time based on his current medical and memory conditions.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your feedback on our Reflections and CC Lancaster communities in Lancaster. Between our two communities, we are confident that we can meet your father’s care needs at any point. We are glad that you have chosen Senior Lifestyle for your father. At any time you have more questions, or should his care needs change, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Team in Lancaster for anything you or your father might need.

Friendly, accommodating staff

We're very pleased with how things turned out at Carriage Court! The facility itself is very nice looking and always clean, and the staff is friendly and caring. I like that they've really made an effort to get to know my Dad, and the aides have learned the sorts of things he likes to talk about. They also do a great job with the food, it always looks good, and they're very accommodating when it comes to requests!

Seemed like a nice place

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Carriage Court seemed like a very nice place overall, it was clean and well kept and the people were friendly. It is not the place we ended up choosing, but it was definitely somewhere we considered!

I would not live in Lancaster on a BET! Perhaps it's OK for "flatlanders" but not for me. I like my hills.

Decent place

I had to scramble to find my mother another facility when another facility asked for her to be removed because they weren't staffed to take care of a dementia patient as advertised. Carriage Court representatives met with me and we finalized a short term stay within just a few days. The staff I encountered were very friendly and helpful. I didn't want to put my mother in a lock down facility but that was what they recommended, and since it was only going to be for a month I allowed it. If I had to complain about anything it would be the lack of activities, the odors that came out of some rooms, and the lack of locks on apartment doors (but this I could understand). Overall a decent place and I thank the staff for getting my mother in quickly.

Seems like a very nice place!

Our loved one was here briefly while we waited for a spot to open in a facility a bit closer to us, and although it was only a short stay I thought Carriage Court of Lancaster did a fabulous job overall. It was a nice looking, clean facility, and the people were all very friendly and helpful.

Better than most at their job.

The staff was the very best. very loving and caring.

Air handling could have been a bit better. Inevitable temporary odors could have been handled better.

Inclusion of more musical activities would be desirable, but I realize the wider community would have to be activated for that. ... not the easiest thing to accomplish.

Dark

This place did not seem as upbeat and bright as the place we finally chose.
It seems like a nursing home turned into an assisted living.

Nice place, very friendly, good inter...

Nice place, very friendly, good interaction w/residents. Wristbands lock doors for residents. Podiatrist every month. Weekly cleaning and laundry, and beautitian. Everything is clean and well maintained. Lots of nice public rooms. Nice courtyard and Dr. visits on Tues./Thurs. Mileage fee for out of town. Good retention of staff.

Nice facility, great staff.

Nice facility, great staff.

Carriage Court is a community of close friends. In fact, we feel so close to the residents that we consider them to be our second family.

After all, a home should be a place where people care about their neighbors and enjoy each other's company. That's why our caregivers do more than simply perform daily tasks according to schedule.

Carriage Court of Lancaster also offers specialized Alzheimer's & Dementia Care. People with Alzheimer's disease and related memory disorders have unique and changing needs. Our specialized secured Alzheimer's and Dementia Care Unit is designed with this in mind.