Brookdale Fort Myers Lakes Park - Fort Myers, FL

Although I did not end up physically touring this facility, I spoke at length to [Removed] there, who provided a wealth of information and advice as to the attention given for assisted living at their residence. Compared to the other facilities in my search, it was evident that their location is very focused on providing the utmost care for and attention to the needs to their residents. If you are looking for a high standard of assistance for yourself or a loved one, I encourage you to include this Brookdale residence in your search, and hear from [Removed] himself of their commitment to resident care AND peace of mind for the family and loved ones.

More Touring Experiences

On the tour here I had a helpful and friendly representative. They also gave me very useful information. I felt they were fantastic people to work with. They were willing and always offering to help me find a good fit for my parents. It did not feel like a sales experience. I discovered that all the Brookdale properties provide different levels of care but they can direct you to the best fit for your needs.

Nice atmosphere and clean, but apartments are too small for the money.

My fathers care

This is a nice community and my father would have liked it here. The staff and friendly and available to answer my questions. They had a variety of meals that seems to be good. They are a variety of activities offered here for the residents. We would recommend families to tour this community to see if this is a place for their loved one for good care.

Good Experience Nice Community

I toured this community for my brother and his needs. They treated my family and I very well. It was a good experience, everything went well. The community looked nice and well-kept.The staff was friendly and kind. Unfortunately it wasn't the community for my brother and his needs.

No complaints!!

My loved one was only there for a short time and I was very pleased with the care that she had received. The staff where very attentive to her needs and made sure felt safe and was comfortable during her stay. She had no complaints of the meals and enjoyed the few activities she participated in. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone.

A Caring Community With Kind People

We are still in transition here at this community. My mother is having a few health complications. Overall this is a lovely community and we are pleased. They are doing everything they can for my mother in law and her needs. Everybody here is wonderful, they have all been caring and kind. We know she is safe and good hands here. It was a nice experience.

I am in sales so I don't like to be sold anything. The advisor who helped me was wonderful. She was always pleasant and stayed in touch without being a pain.
She was right on about Brookdale. The staff is caring and patient even with the families. I just can't say enough nice thing about the staff. It is clean and very well kept.

Nice place, overall

Overall we're very pleased with how things have turned out at Brookdale Fort Myers. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and I like that it is such a small tight-knit community. Everybody knows everybody else! For the most part the staff here is caring, friendly, and accommodating. I have had a few issues with some specific staff members, but in general they do a great job looking after my loved one. I do think they could work on their communication a bit, there have been times where I have not been notified when appointments or doctor visits have been rescheduled.

Smaller is Better

Your loved one needs at least 4-6 weeks to adjust to the environment and so do you! The staff is very supportive of both the family and residents. It is definitely a family atmosphere: are there kinks, yes, but I think you have to work through them, like any other family. Communication is the key with everyone from the top on down. We give the positive and the negative. We know most of the staff and residents by name and they know us. All our concerns have been addressed and information is free flowing. Our loved one is now too busy to talk on the phone and remarks how everyone is like family! We visited 6 facilities , this was the last one and knew immediately that this was the right choice. I think it's a big plus that it's a small facility and we are very happy with our choice.

A great place

So far, I am very satisfied with Sterling House. It provides a safe, clean and friendly place for my husband. I hope he will soon become involved in the activities that are provided. He says he will. It takes his a while to "warm up" to new surroundings.

Not a good experience

We did not have a good experience with Sterling House of Fort Myers. For the brief time my loved one was here I don't think her room ever got cleaned. They also seemed understaffed, the ratio of residents to aides was way too high. The staff were very slow to respond to the in-room call buttons as well. On top of all of this they were also one of the more expensive places we looked into. I cannot recommend them.

Lovely place

It’s priced reasonably. The food could be better. There is an outside area for residents to enjoy. The building and grounds are quite lovely.

Stress Free.....Happy Mom, Happy Life!!

Well I must Say, Thank you "A Place for Mom.com" they helped so much in getting the process started & helping me find the perfect new home for Mother. Richard Thomas is GREAT! I was a bit afraid of how my Dear Mother would react to moving from her own home to Sterling House. Well I am so very happy, as is my Mother & the entire family. She is having a blast! She loves her new home. She loves the staff as do I. Laura in Ft Myers & Carol in Lehigh Acres are the BEST!! I could go on & on about everything & everyone else but you see my ratings, 5 Star+... Mom has only been there a few weeks now, but I am so pleased with my choice. THANK YOU STERLING HOUSE STAFF :-)

Nice. Very Hospitable and k...

Nice. Very Hospitable and kind. Residents and staff seem to genuinely like each other and have repoir. we came when they were about to play a movie. Clean and tidy, but a bit tired in decor. Room floorplans are small. Passed the 'smell' test!

Sterling House of Fort Myers provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

We promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each assisted living resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. We offer graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care, and value.