Barkley Place - Fort Myers, FL

Outdoor area needed some care

We had a tour with Direstor [name removed], who answered all of our questions. A very nice facility, we had a chance to see all variety of housing options; assisted living and independent studios and 1-bedrooms. Pet-friendly option is a plus! We will definitely consider this facility.

Very happy with Barkley place.

My mother and I toured this residence, and found it to be very nice. The apartments are large and cheerful, the staff and residents are welcoming and personable, and all in all, we were impressed. The only thing we didn't like, compared to the other facilities that had pools, is that this pool is not screened in, which would be advantageous. Other than that, we really liked it, and the waiting list is evident we're not the only ones.

We Were Not Too Impressed

Our visit here was nice but we were not impressed. In the room we saw, the cupboards were too high. We could not reach it. The community was more smaller and we were looking for a big place. .

Very Happy with My Move To this Community

I'am doing very well with my move to this community. Everyone has been very kind, and welcoming. I like the staff, they are great. The residents are nice, and friendly. I've learned a few new games with the activities they have available. I love to read, and they have a lovely library onsite at the community. The meals are great, they have nice selection too choose from. This is a great community, and I would recommend it. I'am comfortable here.

Definitely an affordable option and larger living space.

New resident

We were very impressed with the helpful, caring attitude exhibited at Barkley. The residents seemed active and engaged. Facilities are well-kept. Access to everything is easy for residents. VERY helpful staff!

Nice community!

Everything went well when we went here. The place was very clean and very nice for the most part. The people treated us well and made sure that they answered all of our questions. The price was a big reason why did not pick this community.

Great Gem in Senior Care in Fort Myers, FL

My 95 year old aunt just moved into Barkley place! So far we are very pleased. All staff are friendly, kind, and eager to help.
The food is very good and the menu is varied and changes constantly.
The building is kept very neat and clean and there is an amazing, varied array of activities for the residents. Amenities include a swimming pool, exercise room, lounge, pool table room, beautiful gardens with benches for sitting outdoors and even a hair and nail salon. Their prices are quite reasonable for all they have to offer. There are always nursing staff and therapists available.
My aunt is currently renting a studio but is already talking about upgrading to a one-bedroom.
She seems very happy there and this is her first experience with living on her own and not with family members.

Barkley Place is a first-class living solution for folks who need a little extra care!

Great Experience

The experience has been great. They are very friendly and wanted to make everyone very comfortable. I just really can't find any fault with them. We went to other places that may have been more upscale, but this is really just a wonderful place and is good for transitioning into.

Shared spaces and pool area well-kept. Staff friendly. Rooms shown were small and cramped. Long, narrow, dark halls were uninviting and dreary. Noted numerous small maintenance issues that made us question the upkeep of the facility.

super nice

Anita (the admissions/marketing person) has been super nice. She really could not have done anything to have been nicer. The place is very clean, which is important to us. They have nice activities which my mother in law has been involved in (though she does wish there were more people there who play bridge). It seems very nice and we would recommend Barkley Place.

Looked like a nice place!

We visited this community while looking into care options for a loved one. This seemed like a nice place overall! The staff were friendly, and it looks like they take good care of the people who live here. It was definitely somewhere we would have considered for our loved one!

The right choice

I can't say enough about this wonderful community. Moving to Florida from NY for my 89 year old mother was truly a life changing experience and a challenge. I waited 2 months to write this review so that I could accurately evaluate mom's happiness. Well to sum it up she tells everyone "I'm comfortable here" and I think that speaks volumes. There are numerous activities to participate in exercise ,crafts, movie nights and trips to theater,church and stores. Everyone from staff to residents is friendly and welcoming. The rooms and common areas are spacious, clean and renovations are always going on.
Barkley Place is a excellent value, providing a home-like setting and most of all peace of mind for family members.
There is wait-list for a good reason.

Quiet, smaller community

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. This was a much smaller community than the others we looked at, the residents here seemed to be a bit higher on the care needs spectrum. I don't think it would have been a great fit for our loved ones, but it seemed like a relaxed, quiet environment that might work well for someone looking for that.

Very nice looking place!

We went to visit this community looking for a place to place my Mom. The Director was very nice and had a nice tour set for us. We were able to see the different types of rooms offered which were very nicely done up. They even have a pool here! They whole community was very well upkept and put together very nicely!

At Barkley Place, the staff is wonder...

At Barkley Place, the staff is wonderful. They are really great people, very caring. They take the time to work problems through, and I've never seen anyone get angry. The food is very good, and the facility is kept clean. The activity level, however, is very low. They don't have enough space to offer much.

A real place to call home...

After exploring 5 different independent living communities in the Ft. Myers area, my mom immediately without hesitation chose Barkley. The staff is exceptional...professional, friendly and like family! While some of the other communities were a bit more "plush" in their decor, Barkley was by far the clear winner when it came to a place for my mom to call home. The Barkley staff knows everyone by name and they go out of their way to accommodate families and residents. My mom is extremely happy in her lovely one bedroom apartment (with her cat) and says she wishes that she had moved in sooner!

Only concern is disorganized nursing ...

Only concern is disorganized nursing services.

I liked Barkley Place and h...

I liked Barkley Place and have passed the info to my parents to look over.

For more than 20 years, Barkley Place has been bringing together the best of Independent Living and Assisted Living in one vibrant community. Conveniently located in a safe and quiet residential neighborhood of Fort Myers, Florida, this warm and friendly community is close to shopping, restaurants, medical facilities and local attractions.

Our dedicated and attentive staff has earned Barkley Place the reputation of the “friendliest community in town.” In addition to unsurpassed service, enjoy your choice of spacious floor plans. Independent Living apartments include full kitchens and washer/dryer hook-ups. Selected apartments feature balconies and sunrooms overlooking our beautiful landscaped grounds.

Outside your apartment, you’ll find countless services and amenities , including a fitness center, library with computer access and a full schedule of daily activities coordinated by our full-time Program Director. Scheduled transportation is also available for shopping, daytrips, medical appointments and more.

Savor three chef-prepared meals daily in our gracious dining room. Or if you prefer, cook for yourself — our meal plan is optional. You also have choices when it comes to getting the assistance you need to live each day to the fullest. While we offer assisted living services, enhanced living services are available for independent living residents who need a helping hand.

Barkley Place is a rental community with no large entrance fee. This, combined with the options of both independent and assisted living apartments, makes Barkley Place an excellent lifestyle choice in Fort Myers.