Brookdale Fort Myers Cypress Lake - Fort Myers, FL

Brookdale Fort Myers Cypress Lake - Fort Myers, FL has yet not published prices.

Private pay only, they will not work with family's financial issues. not interested

Like Cypress Lakes very much. Staff and residents cheerful and friendly.

A tour for care

I toured this community for the care for my husband. The staff was nice and caring. I like knowing that this would have been a good place for my husband. I would recommend this community for other families for good care.

Brookdale review

Very nice place friendly and helpful staff

Just Not The Right Match

I had helpful and friendly people giving me a tour and giving me useful resources. I felt they were fantastic people to work with. They were willing and always offering to help me find a good fit for my parents. It did not feel like a sales experience. I discovered that all the Brookdale properties provide different levels of care but they can direct you to the best fit for your needs.

Place is very nice and cheery atmosphere. Apartments are nice.

Not very impressed with this community!!

I have not been very satisfied with this community and the services they have been providing my loved one. He has not been happy or comfortable since he has moved in. The staff could defiantly be more welcoming, there are some that are okay and some that do not even say hello or acknowledge you are around when you are there. They also sat him at a table in the dinning room with three other people who do not even speak. I am not pleased with what has been going on here and hope to see some improvement soon.

Great Staff, My Brother is Doing Well At This Community

My brother is doing well here at this community. So far it has been a good experience, and I'am satisfied with all they have done for us. At the moment they are upgrading much of the community. It is nice to see they are doing some updating around the place. The staff is great, they are very attentive. The activities are still a work in progress, but they are working on it. The meals vary, sometimes they are good, and other times they aren't. I know he is safe, and being cared for well at this community.

Horrible

Horrible. My parents are at Brookdale Cypress Lake, in the assisted living section and the care there is non-existent. The living conditions are so bad that we've had to hire an outside cleaning service for their apartment. The staff has literally told my mother, after she has asked to go to the bathroom, to "go ahead and wet yourself, you're wearing Depends, aren't you?" Change of the Director meant nothing, still the same poor service for seniors. This past week, after visiting them, we saw the cleaning crew across the hall and asked if they would be in to my parent's apartment next. They assured us that they would but they were a no-show. Understand that this is a business but is this how you would like YOUR parents to be treated?

DISHONEST FOLKS

They will lie about how much it costs. Their published rate for a studio is $3320. But if your loved one needs ANYTHING on top of meals they will tack on exorbitant fees. They wanted me to pay $400 a month extra for medication management.. for someone to walk down the hall and hand her a pill. Medication management is included in every other facility I have visited. They do not have registered nurses there 24/7. I would definitely not recommend!

Brookdale Fort Myers Cypress Lake

My aunt hasn't moved in yet so this rating is based on our initial visit. We had looked at several other communities but as soon as we walked into Cypress Lake we felt like it would be a good fit for my aunt. The staff was friendly, the rooms were a good size, and they had large windows that let in a lot of light. There was a lot of outdoor space with seating areas to sit and read or meet with friends, and there was a pool located with a view of a golf course which makes it very pleasant. My aunt had lunch there and said the food was excellent. The facility was also located near a shopping mall with well known stores and good restaurants. We're very happy with our choice of Cypress Lake.

A Good Solution for dementia patient

My mother requires a lockdown facility for dementia/alzheimers and Brookdale provided that with their 'memory unit'. It is rather large, with several 'living-room' areas, activity areas and dining rooms. I upgraded my mother to a private room and she is content with that move.

Mediocre Facility

My mother in law is in this facility. For what we are paying, we feel the services should be better. The executive and administrative staff are friendly and helpful. However, many of the aids and assistants are indifferent in attitude and response to the needs of the residents. They have fallen short many times with my mother in law and we have complained but nothing seems to change. The food is mediocre. We had a billing problem with them over charging us and it took 6 months of emailing and calling and eventually going to Brookdale home office VP to resolve it and have it taken off our bill. Not a little amount - over $3,000. I would not recommend this place to anyone. There must be better facilities out there. The reason we do not move is the cost of moving and trying to re-acclimate a 91 year old to a new environment. Also, we are in Columbus Oh not Ft Myers.

Pretty Good Shape

I thought they were good at getting back to us quickly and making accommodations for us to help get my mom in there. Everything was really in pretty good shape. The management is good and the place is run pretty well.

really happy

We are really happy with Brookdale Fort Myers Cypress Lake. There is nothing I would mention for them to improve on. I am very pleased with this facility. The staff are really nice here and it's a clean facility.

The food I had was pretty good. I just went in and looked at it and would not move in for a million dollars. They need to improve their cleanliness. They have a lot of rooms, but only about four them had bathtubs with a shower chair. I have to have a shower chair and they did not have any.

Not good...moving out!

They don't seems to care about the food or residents...if you complain about the food they say well that's what they send us! Would not recommend and we are moving mom out!

No way keep looking

Since brook dale took over it has only gotten worse and worse. The food has gone down hill. Yellow jello and ham salad for dayson end. Grill cheese not cooked on both sides and Luke warm water for tea and soap! Yuck! My mother fell and they put her. In a chair and left her alone without medical help or attending to her at all. Would not recommend this place!

So far not so great. Mother is trying to adjust.
This place is very costly. We are concerned that they don't clean as good as they should. Charging for a pet is outrageous. You give a $2500 deposit and they say that this is for cleanup. We are not impressed so far, although it is only been a couple of weeks.

Very nice place!

Things have gone very well with Brookdale Fort Myers! The facility itself is clean, nicely decorated, and has a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. It feels more like a nice hotel than a senior care facility! The staff is friendly, and very caring. I like that the independent and assisted living sections are not separated, and if you move-in as independent and start needing care you can just stay in the same apartment.
My loved one really was against moving at first, but she seems to love it here and says she wishes she'd moved sooner! She has had nothing but good things to say about the activities and the food!

Best Place for sure, but $$$$

I looked at many places over on the east coast of Florida and in Fort Myers. Emeritus at the Lakes is far superior than any of them I visited. One of the main things I liked was that the independent living apartments and the assisted living are intermingled. I think its a great environment because otherwise it is really depressing to only be with people that require a lot of care. It is more of a normal living environment to have people of all types around you. Some are going on outings and some are staying at home, but the overall feel is "happy", normal apartment living. The facility is fresh and clean. Also, the décor is lovely. I knew it would matter to my aunt who has always appreciated decorating. At 98 she is commenting on how nicely the halls are decorated and how beautiful everything is. She has also commented every day on how nice the people are there and that she likes it and wishes she had moved sooner. So, it is a wonderful place. However, the things to consider would be: 1) How much medical help is required. They have been very responsive and kind whenever she calls them using her pendent. But, I do not usually see them in the halls when I visit. (Maybe they are helping other residents?) She is at the highest level of care and they do check on her frequently, so I do feel she is being well cared for and do not worry about that. 2) I have to say this place is expensive. It is the most expensive place I looked at and would probably not have chosen it if there was other availability. They do not have a lease, but now that she is there and loves it, I will try to find a way for her to afford it. I am sure she would not be happy elsewhere after living at Emeritus! However, if you are not at a high level of care, you may find the base rent affordable. Their level of care charges are much higher than the other places I looked at. The rent is in the high-mid range. Expect a yearly increase.

Friendly and accommodating staff

Overall our experience with Emeritus at The Lakes has been a good one. The staff are friendly, and they were very receptive and responsive when it came to our move-in situation. We had a limited amount of time that we would be in the area to help with the move, so they worked hard to make sure everything fit within the window we had. The evaluation process here was okay, but I think the level and type of care they provide could be a bit better defined, we felt a little uncertain about what our loved one is actually covered for.

Happy with Memory Care.

My father in law was in the Memory Care unit for a little over a year. The care he received was very good. The staff was kind and caring. There were issues here and there, but I don't think they were anything different than one would run into anywhere.

The Memory Care Director especially, Cyndi, was exceptionally professional, caring and responsive. I can't say enough good things about her.

Very pleased

We’re very, very pleased with them. They just really went out of their way – they should anyway – to make sure that everything at the time of her admittance was in order because we had to fly her in from the Midwest. They were very accommodating – getting in and preparing her room. It went very well. We are very pleased with her placement.

Nice but Small

It was nice. It was an older building and a little smaller, and the in-laws just wanted something newer.

Wouldn't Recommend

I would not recommend. People were zombies there. There was not enough staff, and the residents were sitting in wheelchairs in the halls.

Caution!

The place seems to be going through transition, communication is weak. Dining experience is not well organized and the food is marginal. Activities are good and the people are friendly.

Just by other things that I've been t...

Just by other things that I've been told, they're a good place. Grounds and building are well-kept. They're great.
They have several different levels of care available, and are well able to take care of my mother's needs. There's tons of stuff, and my mom is real active. 5 of 5

Definitely more assisted li...

Definitely more assisted living than Independent living. Felt like a nursing home.

Jeff Yeager

The reviewer is correct that Emeritus at the Lakes is, in fact, more Assisted Living than Independent Living. We see that as a positive, not a negative, because it allows people to “age in place.” If one of our Independent Living residents suddenly needs more care, they are able to remain in the home they’ve come to enjoy, without having to move. This, however, does not make us a “nursing home.” Our retirement community has everything you need under one roof including an exercise room, heated swimming pool, courtyards, beauty/ barber shop, game room with a pool table, chapel, library, and general store. Our residents and their families can sit and enjoy beautiful golf course views, serene water views or beautiful park views from our living areas and lanais. We are proud of our community and the diversity of activities we offer all of our residents.

this had a golf course which was attr...

this had a golf course which was attractive. The range of care was slightly disturbing to Mom because she is not ready for it.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment every day. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Amenities and Services
• Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
• Medication management
• Dining assistance and special diets
• Assistance with reminders and redirection
• Escorts and assistance with walking
• Emergency response call system