Barrington Terrace of Ft. Myers - Fort Myers, FL

Review of Barrington Terrace Of Ft. Myers Fort Myers, FL

I have lived here over a year. Anything that I want they do for me. If I could suggest anything it would be new flavors in the dining room. The therapy and medical assistance has helped me immensely.

Martine MacNeil

We are so happy that you have made such great progress. Thank you also for the dining recommendations, we will be sure to use your feedback in a positive way. As always, let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Review of Barrington Terrace Of Ft. Myers Fort Myers, FL

Nice place, good food, friendly people. This is an ideal place to be. I would recommend to anybody.

Martine MacNeil

Thank you so much for kind words! We are so happy to know that you are happy, please let us know if there is ever anything else we can do.

Review of Barrington Terrace Of Ft. Myers Fort Myers, FL

It's a nice place. I like my room very much. I spend a lot of time reading outside in the courtyard and in my room. The time goes really fast here, at least for me.

Martine MacNeil

Tony, thank you taking the time to review our community. We all enjoy having you here at Barrington Terrace!

Outstanding Care for mom

We would recommend this community to others for the excellent care.The staff are nice and caring to the residents. The menu and the list of activities. are very helpful. The environment is clean and always maintained. We would recommend this community for the care and the value ones.

Tami Cumings

Thank you for your kind comments. Your feedback is very important to us. If there is anything we can better in the future, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Recommend Barrington Terrace

My mother has now been at Barrington Terrace for about two months. I am very pleased with the staff and their communications with me. Whenever I go to visit, Mother is always clean and being cared for in a loving way. I ask for nothing more.

Martine MacNeil

Marcia, we are honored to care for your mom and thank you for the kind words. We will be sure to share them with the team.

A good place

The staff have been very friendly and helpful. The food is good and they offer well balanced meals. Mom enjoys participating in a few of the daily activities offered. The community is immaculate inside and out. I would recommend this community.

Tami Cumings

Thank you for your positive comments. Your feedback is very important to us and if there's anything we can do better in the future, please do not hesitate to let us know. Tami Cumings, Senior Vice President of Sales

The tour and information about their place was thorough and helpful. Had a comfortable feel.

Tami Cumings

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback is very important to us. Tami Cumings, Senior Vice President of Sales

Parents are In Good Hands

My parents are all settled in this community, and they are doing well. I know they are in good hands, and being cared for well. The staff is good, and taking good care of their needs. They provide nice meals, and good activities for the residents. Overall we are pleased with all they have done for our family. Everything has worked out well with their move to this facility, and I would recommend it.

Tami Cumings

Thank you so much for your positive comments. We are thrilled to hear your parents have settled in and are doing well. Tami Cumings, Senior Vice President of Sales

Outstanding Care

The care at this staff is outstanding. The staff are always nice and caring for my brother.. The community is clean and maintained. The menu was nice and a good variety. They offer a lot of activiites, but he did not want to particate with the other residents. This community did a lot for my brother. We highly recommend this community for the great care and value for a loved one.

Tami Cumings

Thank you so much for your positive comments. We are very proud of our team and glad to hear you were pleased with the care we provided for your brother. If there's anything else we can do to improve our services, please do not hesitate to let us know. - Tami Cumings, Senior Vice President of Sales

Good fit

Barrington has a high patient to staff ratio. I think the activity program is very good.We chose this community because we liked the larger scale and thought it would be a good fit for my mother.

I needeed to find a place for my brother. I live in Indiana and he is in the Fort Myers area. Contacted the a place for mom and with their help I was able to place him in a respite center. They were very helpful in all aspects.

Just the Best!

We moved Mom here on August 2, 2016 and could not be happier. [Removed] the Executive Director plus the Senior Care Counselors [Removed] & [Removed] are all the sweetest and most kind one could ever hope for. The entire staff from the LPN, Housekeeping, CNA, Servers,Cooks, Life Engagement Director, as well as Maintenance guys are the most professional and hard working & caring folks I have met in a long time. I felt the need to give a shout out to entire staff because they truely work as a team to care for all seniors living here. All the residents I have met are very happy to be here, that says a lot. There is a lot of positive energy here, everyone smiles, laughs and enjoys each other's company. Thank God we found this wonderful place for Mom.

Martine MacNeil

Thank you Rick, we feel the same way about your mom and your family! We always love to hear positive feedback. I will share these kinds words with all of our staff.

good home

Meals, staff and rooms are excellent. Also nursing and therapy

Martine MacNeil

We are so happy you feel at home with us Art. Thank you for the kind words!

Excellent Facility

A lovely home for my mom. Caring, well-trained staff.

Review of Barrington Terrace - Fort Myers, FL

I've resided at this facility for almost 12 years. The place is absolutely beautiful, people are wonderful, and the food is great. I would recommend this facility to anyone, it is the place to live. Also it is one floor there are no elevators and no stairs.

Review of Barrington Terrace in Fort Myers, FL

When you interact with people who have mental and physical problems, you are bound to have difficulties. The staff from Top to aides are usually trying to do a CARING JOB in helping to make our lives comfortable. They work to make us more physically able and more mentally alert. The food is exceptional for institutional food. They are willing to have meetings so that us residents can voice our complaints.

Review of Barrington Terrace in Fort Myers, FL

I have lived here 5 months and I still enjoy living here.

I think so far it's okay.

I think so far it's okay. I haven't heard any major complaints. It's still new and as I get a chance to spend some more time there, I will know more, but for now it seems to be okay.

Martine MacNeil

We are happy to hear that everything seems okay so far, and look forward to exceeding your expectations in the future.

Off To A Good Start

We moved my mother in a week ago and she is doing great. She has acclimated to her new surroundings better and faster than any of us ever dreamed she would. I think the friendly staff, and the welcoming residents have made for a very smooth transition for her. After living on her own for 98 years that is pretty amazing.

totally satisfied

The entire staff is awesome from the first step in the door to my almost daily calls about mom. They have helped me through every difficult situation. We are only on our second week of care but I could not be more satisfied.

Experience wise, from the answers I have given, we have been very satisfied with them and they have bent over backwards to accommodate us. We are very satisfied.

Great place

The staff and the services are great. We feel very comfortable with Mom staying here, and she really likes it !Everything on one floor is wonderful.

All we could hope for.

Barrington Terrace has been everything we could ask for in providing compassionate care for my Father who is 94 years old.

going home

I am very impressed with the facility and the level of care provided. The staff is caring and professional and interact well with the residents. The many activities provided on a daily basis keep the residents actively engaged both mentally and physically. Being there is like spending time with a very large family. It is a wonderful place to call home.

doing a great job!

Mom has only been there at Barrington Terrace of Ft. Myersc for a couple of months, but so far they have done a really good job. They keep her active and involved. The last assisted living place she was in she slept a lot more during the day. Here she seems very alert and talking more than what she was before. They are doing a great job! The inner court they have there is lovely. Mom has enjoyed being able to get outside more. They are keeping up on her medication. The food is pretty good. I really haven't had any problem there at all. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They really do a great job!

Review of my stay at Barrington

About 2 years ago, I was unable to care for my wife due to her Alzheimer's dementia. We moved into Barrington Terrace so that we could stay together. We wanted to rent, not buy-in and liked the one floor plan. We liked that it is a nice place and the location near all the stores, restaurants and Healthpark hospital. My wife and I were able to stay together until she went to Hospice. The staff cared well for my wife during the difficult times. I decided to stay in the community even without my wife, because I was so well adjusted. The staff, nurses and aids are courteous. I also enjoy the good room cleaning and laundry service. I like the meal choices at meal times. I use the exercise program and walking track. I enjoy the church services, house fax, barber & postal service

Good food, nice place

I came to the community from another one across the bridge. My biggest concern was food, and their food is the best. There is a lot to do, and lots of nice people. They were very helpful and let me and my family visit a lot before I made the big choice to change communities. It was a good transition and they made it nice and easy.

Overall review

The staff at Barrington is superior in expertise, friendliness and availability. My husband suffered a fall and two nurses were there before I could call for help. They diagnosed quickly and thoroughly and followed up later with inquiries. Couldn't ask for more. The staff seems to really like their jobs and they notice things out of order -- such as when a resident forgets and leaves a walker behind. Activities are varied and you can generally find one that will fit your interests during the day. Highly recommended.
Mary Everett

Uncommunicative during sales process

I felt like they could have been much more communicative and informative during the touring and sales process. If you don't ask questions they won't give you important information, and when it was time to sign the papers I felt like there were a lot of surprise fees that they hadn't mentioned at all until that point. I think it all comes down to the training of their sales staff.

Working well so far

They are doing a great job taking care of my loved one at Barrington Terrace. They do a great job looking after their residents, and the community itself is very clean and nice looking. I have no complaints.

Great Choice

My wife has been at Barrington Terrace for 15 months in the Evergreen area. I could say many positive things about the way the building is maintained, the cleanliness, the food, the pleasantness of the staff, but to me there is only one thing that overrides these areas and that is how well my wife is cared for. She receives excellent attention and care. I am kept informed and consulted when changes are necessary. I visit my wife every other day and in the process I have gotten to know most of the staff, some fairly well. I have seen their care and gentleness and I think their concern for my wife is guinine. I think we made a great choice when we chose Barrington. I am confident that my wife is well cared for.

Possible if there is a room...

Possible if there is a room closer to community areas. Community fee rather high.

This is the most wonderful place of i...

This is the most wonderful place of its kind that I have seen.Inovative,responsive and clean and always smells fresh!

Not Active Enough

My sister visited it. It wouldn't be active enough. There weren't enough activities, and a lot of the people there seemed to be pretty lethargic. It is only one building, so there wasn't as much there.

Barrington Terrace of Ft. Myers offers quality, state-of-the-art assisted living and memory care in Florida's beautiful Fort Myers area.

We provide the highest quality of geriatric care and assisted living available, including innovative memory care designed specifically for those affected by Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. Every Barrington Terrace resident receives unique and personalized care and attention tailored to where they are and what they need most.

Ft. Myers is the county seat and major commercial hub of Lee County, Florida with a population of around 77,000 residents. Ft. Myers is considered a major gateway to the entire Southwest Florida region and is one of the largest tourist destinations in the state of Florida.

- Walkability Score: 38

- Average Age in the Zip Code: 39.9

- Senior Housing Facilities in the Zip Code: Renaissance Preserve (Senior 55+ Community), Grand Villa of Ft. Myers (Independent Living), Barkley Place (Independent & Assisted Living), Brookdale College Parkway (Independent Living), Barrington Terrace at Ft. Myers (Assisted Living/Alzheimer's Care), and Springwood Court (Assisted Living)

- Veterans Facilities in the Area: Lee County Veterans Services, Lee County VA Healthcare Center, Ft. Myers Vet Center, VA Clinic at Cape Coral, and Hearts and Homes for Veterans

Transportation

Ft. Myers is quite a large, suburban area and with that comes plenty of options when it comes to transportation. It's quite easy to get around and you can get where you need to go without an issue.

- Buses: LeeTran Bus Services services the entire Greater Ft. Myers Area and is a public, citywide bus system.

- Trains: Several trains run through the city including stations at the Ft. Myers Travel Plaza and the Seminole Gulf Railway.

- Taxis: Several taxis operate throughout Ft. Myers including the Bluebird Taxi, A Better Taxi, Night Owl Taxi LLC., Superior Airport Shuttles, A1 Royal Transportation Inc., Go Platinum Transportation LLC., Rapid Transportation Services, and Safeway Taxi Corporation

- Ride Shares: Both Uber and Lyft operate throughout the entire Greater Ft. Myer's Area

Health & Safety

Ft. Myers is a large suburban area serviced by many health and medical centers including its own hospitals. The area also experiences quite a high rate of crime per the population.

- Hospitals: Lee Memorial Hospital, Promise Hospital of Fort Myers, Gulf Coast Medical Center, Golisano Children's Hospital of Southwest Florida, Royal Park Hospital, TLC Medical Center, and Cape Coral Hospital

- Crime Rate: On a scale of 1 to 100 the average crime rate in Ft. Myers is a 91.

Sports & Leisure

Ft. Myers is a large sprawling, suburban, metropolitan area with plenty to do including sports and activities for everyone, regardless of their interests.

- Golf Courses: Eastwood Golf Course, Gateway Golf & Country Club, Whiskey Creek Country Club, the Plantation Golf & Country Club, Fort Myers Country Club, El Rio Golf Club, The Landings Yacht Golf & Tennis Club, Cypress Lake Country Club, Magnolia Landing Golf & Country Club, Fiddlesticks Country Club, Golfview Golf & Racquet Club, Eagle Ridge Golf Club, San Carlos Golf Club, Estero Country Club, Seven Lakes Golf Course, and Ft. Myers Country Club

- Tennis Courts/Clubs Nearby: Park Meadow Tennis Center, Ritzman Tennis Courts, Barbara Manzo Tennis Center at Three Oaks, Fort Myers Racquet Club, Wa-Ke Hatchee Park Recreation Center, Courtmaster Tennis Services, Brookshire Bath & Tennis Club, and Miromar Lakes Tennis Center

Shopping & Entertainment

Ft. Myers is full of great places to shop, dine, go to the movies, and participate in other fun activities. There's always something to do.

- Clothes Shopping: Vamped Up Vintage, Plato's Closet, Beall's Store, Clothes Mentor, Express, Old Navy, JCPenney, Dillard's, Macy's, What 2 Wear, The Curiosity Shop, The Franklin Shop, Rick's Trading Post, Citi Trends, Ross Dress For Less, White House Black Market, and Target

- Grocery Stores: Mother Earth Natural Foods, Save-A-Lot, Kim Orient Mart, Indian Grocery Store & Restaurant, Leaf Asian Market, Ada's Natural Market, Walmart Neighborhood Market, Earth Origins Market, Publix Supermarket at Eagle Landing, Publix Supermarket at First Street Village, Halal Meat & Grocery, Carnival Grocery, and Publix Supermarket at The Shoppes of Fiddlesticks

- Restaurants: Ford's Garage, Pinchers, Oasis Restaurant, The Veranda, Mel's Diner, Downtown House of Pizza, Farmer's Market Restaurant, MiNa's Bistro, El Guacho Inca Restaurant, The Lodge, Three Fisherman's Seafood Restaurant, The Firestone Grill, Reuben's Smokehouse, Joe's Crab Shack, Sasse's, Mission BBQ, University Grill, and Texas Roadhouse

- Movie Theaters: Edison Park 8 Cinemas, AMC Classic Merchant's Crossing 16, Regal Cinemas Belltower 20, Regal Cinemas Gulf Cost 16 & IMAX, Beach Theater LLC, Marquee Cinemas Coralwood 10, Regal Cinemas Coconut Point 16, Arcade Theater, and Broadway Palm Dinner Theater

- Libraries: Fort Myers Regional Library, Dunbar Jupiter Hammon Public Library, Talking Books Library, Lee County Law Library, North Fort Myers Public Library, Lakes Regional Library, Riverdale Branch Library, Richard H. Rush Library, and Victor Yingst Memorial Library

- Senior-Friendly Salons: Bellisimo Hair Salon, George John Boutique Salon, The Blue Dahlia Salon, Salon Platinum, Radiance Salon, The Salon Professional Academy, Bare Roots Salon & Apothecary, Fanny Beauty Salon, and Beller's Salon & Spa

- Attractions: Edison & Ford Winter Estates, IMAG History & Science Center, Calusa Nature Center & Planetarium, Six Mile Cyprus Slough Preserve, Lee County Manatee Park, Murder Mystery Dinner Train, San Carlos Bay - Bunche Beach Preserve, The Shell Factory & Nature Park, Classic Air Adventures, Lakes Regional Park, Adventures in Paradise, JC Cruises, and Centennial Park