Sterling Heights - Bethlehem, PA

A good visit

I liked this community when I visited. The people I met were nice and welcoming. The community seemed clean and they offer some nice amenities.

Totally wonderful from staff to facility!!!

Beautiful place. Everyone was very friendly. Glen and Laurie are excellent in every way.

Good Fit For My Parents

My parents are doing very well here at this community. It has been a very good experience so far. The community is well maintained, they do a good job with the cleanliness. The staff is very helpful. There are activities available for the residents. They are pleased with the meals, the food is good. Everything has worked out very well, it is a good fit for them. This is a good community and I would recommend it.

Unique living choice for older people

My mother just passed away at 91 after living here 16 months. She had a very good experience at Sterling. It is a beautiful new living community. She did not want to be in a medical community with constant judgment about whether she was in decline and needed more supervision and an increase in fees. Sterling Heights does not have medical personnel.

As time passed and she did decline she needed a helper to remind her to take her pills. A Home Helper company has an office in the complex. For an additional fee they came to her apartment to remind her to take her pills which I set up in pill boxes.

The manager was especially helpful in monitoring whether she needed more help. The activities were very stimulating and respectful of the intellect of the residents. I thought it was like being on a cruise. You choose what you want to do . If you don't want to participate, you can stay in your apartment.

The food was good. Mealtimes were times to engage with fellow residents. The noon meal was especially important as a way to hear news from the management and a way for the management to have daily contact with the residents to evaluate their well-being.

If I were to choose again, I would choose Sterling Heights.

Feels like a luxury residential hotel.

My parents moved into Sterling Heights three months ago. I have visited often and find Sterling Heights a superior retirement community for independent seniors in the 70+ years age range. A luxury residential hotel is a good way to describe the facility.

Three meals are table served in a lovely dining room. The food is very good and there are multiple choices available at each meal. Making the correct choices, a resident on a low sodium diet can eat well. I know that because my mother, for health reasons, must follow a low sodium diet.

There is a wide range of studio, 1 and 2 bedroom apartment options. All have large windows for a lot of light, security pulls in each room, good closet space and each has either a patio or balcony. Housekeeping is provided at no additional cost.

There is a nice selection of social activities available throughout the day and evening, including movies shown in a real movie theater. Transportation is provided daily for shopping and doctor appointments.

Management is interesting. The managers are husband/wife teams that reside in the facility. They are hands on, very available and very caring and concerned for the welfare of the residents.

When the time comes to make a down sizing decision with loved ones, be sure Sterling Heights is on your list of facilities to be visited.

Nice looking place

everyone eats together.

What I like about Sterling Heights is the way they plan the meals there. The manager lives at the facility. Him and his wife have question and answer sessions and trivia to keep the residents engaged. I also like that everyone eats together. It's really good for interaction. The only downfall of them all eating together is the duration of the meals gets pretty long. Some residents do have to wait a little while to get their food because the staff have to distribute it out to all of the residents. They have decks that you can go sit out on there. It is a really nice facility.

I toured the community with myself and grandma. We were pleasantly surprised at the friendly greeting and the enthusiasm of all the resident we had the opportunity to meet. The managers were very helpful and knowledgeable in answering my questions. They made me feel as this was her home already . We are looking forward to returning with grandma and other family members. I would highly recommend Sterling Heights.

My loved ones are not happy there at all.

My loved ones are not happy there at all. The food is really pretty bad. They don't like the regimentation of mealtimes, and it can take a long time to get meals, the service is slow. Lunch is from 12:30 -1:30, and they have sat and waited until 2:00 before. For what we spend on the apartment, and all they get is the meals, that aren't very good; and once a week very, very light housekeeping, they don't even dust if something is on your table, it just isn't worth it.

A very nice place

When I became a recent caregiver to my Aunt I became a nervous wreck. She was so use to living in a place where everything was right outside her door. After being in the hospital for a month, social services said she couldn't be alone. I was at my wits end trying to constantly stop my life and cater to her. Then one day I saw an ad about Sterling Heights, and I was eager to arrange a visit. From the time we walked through the door my Aunt said "this is the place for me". She has been so content since she moved in. I thank my lucky stars every night that there is a place like Sterling Heights. The people are so nice.

Food Needs Improvement

They were wonderful moving her in and setting her up. They could improve on the food.

This place is Fabulous

This place is fabulous, the managers Glen and Lori are very concerned with their guest safety. I can only think of positive things to say about this facility. It is very well managed, well organized and clean. It is Above and Beyond!

Nice enough, but not a good fit for me

I spent some time at Sterling Heights, and overall it was somewhat of a mixed experience.In terms of the facility itself the apartments were comfortable and well maintained, and the staff were pleasant and friendly. However, there were a few issues that made it somewhere I wasn't really comfortable living. The food here really was not good. It was very low quality cheap ingredients, high in sodium, and the service was slow. The place just seemed a bit understaffed in general. I also felt like many of the residents here did not really belong in independent living, it felt more like a transitional community into assisted living.

Uh.... NO!

Mass Exodus! A lot of the Residents who lived there have Left, and in a Hurry!

I had my loved one in here for a year. Place is indeed beautiful, BUT you can't eat the Beautiful Furniture or the Wall Pictures and Knick Knacks!! And your loved one can't cook in their apartment, since they don't provide a stove. So either you go OUT to eat of Eat there and The FOOD is Terrible! And the tiny portion sizes they give are a joke!

Also, they can't keep a Cook or other Staff like Housekeepers/Servers and Managers and Assistant Managers seem to come and go sometimes with no warning or reason why they left.

Seems to be a problem with Corporate. Anytime I went into the office to complain I was told that the menus and rules were made up at Corporate and there was nothing they could do about it.

Definitely NOT worth the money they are asking in my opinion.

So far things are alright. It's been ...

So far things are alright. It's been a difficult transition after my mom living in her home for 50 years, but she is starting to adjust a little better. We haven't had any bad experiences with Sterling Heights. The place is beautiful, food is excellent, and overall my family and I are satisfied with everything.

Sterling Heights

The staff at Sterling Heights are very helpful and always courteous. The food is very good. There are lots of activities for the residents to do along with bus services and trips outside the facility. Great bang for the buck.

This was a very nice place ...

This was a very nice place and location, but it had a different feel to it. It may have been because the tour was provided by a sales person. Or, it may have been the way it was very easy to come and go. It would be easy to lose track of who was in the building.

Great looking place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for my loved one. Based on what we saw during the tour this was a very lovely looking facility! The apartments were a nice size, and it looked like they had quite a lot of amenities they offered to their residents. This place appeared to be slightly more appropriate for more able-bodied residents, as they didn't offer a few of the small day-to-day assistance services that we wanted for our loved one.

very nice- clean-alot for mom to do

very nice- clean-alot for mom to do

Be careful what you agree t...

Be careful what you agree to. They do not honor their agreements , written or verbal

Amazing Experince

Sterling Heights was amazing, not only was the facility breathtaking, the staff was exceptional too. The transition was smooth and my client felt comfortable, all questions were answered, no hidden costs, and multiple staff members spent quality time with us. We knew Sterling Heights was a perfect fit! Not to mention the size of the room, weekly cleaning service, movie theater, ice cream bar, so many perks at a reasonable price. I would recommend this facility to any family!

The facility is new and well designed...

The facility is new and well designed. The personnel are helpful. There seems to be little personal care except the seperately purchased "Home Helpers" . If your pareats are truely indipendent, this is a very good facility.

We are pretty happy with it.

We don't use any of the care help yet but from what I've heard they seem good. The food is pretty good. The maintenence could use a little improvement, if you have a problem in your apartment, they come right away, usually, but the guy sometimes doesn't really seem to know what he is doing. The price was a big factor, and the newness of it, and the friendliness of the managers and sales people are the reasons we picked this over others that we looked at.

Very helpful and friendly staff. Mov...

Very helpful and friendly staff. Moving tradition went very smoothly

Need more pet rules

Its very nice its brand new, nothing is perfect. the staff is very friendly. they should be a little more picky with the people they rent the apartments to . other retirement places, they don't accept pets, there are some people with 2 pets theres a lady with 3 dogs and they run around all over the place. We complain about it but they say it's discrimination.

Very accommodating to us. T...

Very accommodating to us. The facility had many perks and options, including guest rooms. Variety of room choices and price ranges. Also, an opportunity for a trial stay was a nice idea. New facility with friendly atmosphere that my mother liked. Long hallways in general layout. This could be a possible match.

The Price is Right

The community is brand new and the buildings are very well maintained. It’s located in a very good area with access to lots of things like strip malls, shopping plazas, restaurants and medical centers, some of which are within walking distance. The area is not too quiet but also not too loud. The quality of the food was not good and my father was complaining about the portion size as well. However in their defense they just changed the chef so hopefully it gets better. My father is not very active but there is plenty to do when he does want to participate. The value of this community is just right; it's the right price for the right amount of care.