Atria Bethlehem - Bethlehem, PA

Love this place. There was nothing we didn’t like. It is on the top end of our pricing list and require a hefty first month’s rent which includes a one time fee.

Not a good fit

Atria Bethlehem was a well-kept nice community. The staff at the community seemed friendly and helpful. The person who came out to our house was a little too pushy for my mom. She did not present the community in a way that my mom felt comfortable.

Taking Great Care Of My Mother

This is a great community, and mother is really enjoying her time here. Unfortunately I did have to move my father out due to health issues. However I'am very pleased with all they have done for my mother. They are taking great care of her, and her needs. The community looks nice, and clean when I visit. The only issue that I had was the room size. It was tough to accommodate my parents. The room works well for my mother, but not for a couple. Other than that issue they provide nice meals, and good activities for the residents. The nurses are fabulous, and have been great to work with. This is a community I would recommend in a heart beat.

My parents good home and care

We like this community for care for my father. The staff is nice and attentive. The staff needs to make sure that they pay very close attention to the care of the residents. We like the community for the care for my parents. The rooms are cleaned very often and the community is clean and maintained. They have excellent meals and wonderful activities for my parents to participate. They are able to access food and drink at all times. They are often going on great trips away from the community. Shows, shopping, They activities are very helpful and my parents really like being this active. We would recommend this community for good care for loved ones.

2 Falls in 4 1/2 days

My husband was there 4 days when he fell the first time. After 3 weeks in the hospital and rehab he returned to Atria, payed for more care and 5 hours later he fell again. When he told the nurse he was in pain she suggested we wait till morning and talk to the physical therapist I suggested she ask him if he can move at which time he cried out in pain. I told her to send him back to emergency and found out it was a broken hip. Probably needless to say I moved him out of Atria FALLING Assistance.

Kate Vance

Thank you for taking a moment to reach out to us. Your comments concern me and I’d like to help – would you mind reaching out to me directly at [removed]? From there, I can gain a better understanding of the situation and how best to address it.

This facility had no 2 bedrooms with 2 baths. All apartments had only 1 bath. Had Laundry Rooms - not machine in apartments,

Kate Vance

Thank you for visiting our community! I'm sorry to hear that we didn't have a room configuration that fit your needs. Best of luck in finding a community that suits you.

Providing Mom with Good Care

Everything is great at this community. We have no complaints about it. My mother is receiving good care, and we are pleased. The staff is good, they are helpful, and kind. She is in good hands at this community, and I would recommend it.

Wonderful Staff!!

I think the staff at this community is what makes this place so great . They offer lots of compassion and genuine quality of care to all of the residents including my mother. The most important thing is that my mom is extremely happy with her new living environment and has made a smooth transition. They have a great menu available as well as activities throughout the week. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone.

Excellent facility with attention to detail. I was greeted by the receptionist and was given a tour by an associate. I then sat with the associate-[Removed] and Director-[Removed] for some time asking questions and providing information about my Dad. [Removed] followed up with a thank you e-mail. I really like this facility and since this is Dad's first respite care, I am hoping they can negotiate a good price, so we would use them more often.

Good Community

This is a nice community, and I'am comfortable with my parents move here. We have had a few accidents, but overall they are caring for them well. There are some extra care cost we are still figuring out. The staff is very good, they have been helpful, and kind. The community looks great, they do a great job with the cleanliness of the facility. It is a good community, and I would recommend it.

Had To Consider A Different Place

We were looking for a community that provide supervision over my mom for memory care. On the tour I felt the staff were very positive and generous with their time. I felt it would be too much to travel for a weekly visit. The price and atmosphere was unfavorable for us. I wanted a homey atmosphere.

Atria, I could not be more pleased!!!

Atria has the most professional, kind staff that really care about their elderly Residents. The Executive Director met me at the deplorable facility my Gram was staying in. We moved my Gram the next week into Atria and my Gram is a new woman. She is happy again, she is gaining weight, and she loves her apartment the staff and the delicious food. I honestly could not be happier!!! The overall feel is more like a family and not a facility. It's an amazing place.

[Removed].

Atria is an upscale facility.. I have no doubt that when the time comes for my own LTC needs that this could be a great place for me. For my dad I'd say its a bit too high end no only in price but his lifestyle. Dorine was fantastic

Not an "aging in place" facility.

Kate Vance

We offer independent and supportive living. If you have questions or would like to learn more about the services we provide, you can email me at [removed].

Extraordinary people all around!

What is there not to like about this place? The people here are just extraordinary with my loved one and our family. They are so sweet that it is almost annoying. I really like that my loved one is safe and in a place where they are taking such good care of him. They have made the transition phase a lot easier.

A nice community!!

We had mom ready to move into this community, however she was reevaluated and they said she needed memory care. This community is for independent and assisted living. The staff were nice and it is a little more upscale than some of the other ones we looked at.

Atria Reality

Room cleaning is not up to expectation; food service and food quality needs significant improvement.

Kate Vance

Hi, Mark. Thanks for reaching out. I'll be sure to share your comments with our community leadership team so that they can connect with you about your preferences. You can also tell me more at [removed].

Extremely Good Staff At This Community

My mother is well, but she is now in hospice care. I do feel comfortable with the care they are providing her with. It is a great community, everything is very well maintained. They do a good job with the cleanliness. They have an extremely good staff here. There are nice activities offered for the residents. The food is good, they serve nice meals. Overall this is a good community and I would recommend it.

My First Choice

I loved it here! This was my first choice for my mom. It is a beautiful facility. I meet with the the director who gave a good tour. The baker at the community gave me home made cookies that tasted delicious. The only issue was the monthly price, it is $1,000 more than our budget.

My aunt has only been there for a couple weeks but everyone at Atria is kind and caring. They do everything they can to make there residents comfortable and safe.
She raves about the food.
All in all its been a wonderful experience thus far!!

All Great Thing About This Place!

My family and I really like this community and can't say anything bad. It is always clean all around, the staff are so amazing and are on top of things. The food is good, healthy, fresh with variety. When we visit we always get mom to do activities, otherwise she is not that interested. I would highly recommend this community.

Nice place overall

Overall, Atria Bethlehem seems like a nice place. My loved one has had very good things to say about the staff. They are friendly, caring, and very accommodating. I've also heard very good things about the food, and the tidiness of the facility in general! The main complaint I heard from him was that it wasn't a great social atmosphere. He likes to sit around and chat and he said residents mostly stayed in their rooms other than meals and occasional activities.

Review of Atria Bethlehem - Bethlehem, PA

Lovely community lots of activity all the time beautiful theatre elegant dining rooms gorgeous grounds comm laundry SUPPORTIVE LIVING

Atria is mostly a positive experience and I enjoy going there.

Atria is clean and most staff are friendly. The food is terrific and healthful, with no added salt and sugar free desserts are sometimes offered. They offer nice activities, exercises and excursions. Unfortunately, most of the exercise classes (geared toward seniors) are while my parents are eating lunch. It would be nice if housekeeping could vacuum more often in their apt. The dining area is beautiful and the wait staff are usually helpful and friendly, esp. Donna, who is the best! We've had some problems with no one coming to get them for afternoon pills and lunch, which is the only time private duty staff hired separately by us, isn't on duty. This has been corrected now. There seemed to be a learning curve for everyone involved in my parents' care. They are not an aging in place community, so we will probably run out of money and they will need to move in the future.

Kate Vance

Hi Linda. Thank you for choosing to be a part of our Atria family. We value your feedback and have shared it with our community and Engage Life leadership. You can also always reach me directly at [removed].

Friendly, professional staff

Overall our experience with Atria Bethlehem has been a very positive one. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the staff have been professional and easy to work with. The people here are conscientious, considerate, and very customer oriented.

Katy Miller

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We pride ourselves in creating a top notch senior living experience so I'm pleased that your experience has been positive. If you'd like to share more feedback, feel free to reach out to me directly any time at [removed].

A Wonderful Home away from Home

The staff, maintenance crew and residence are so friendly and welcoming. They can't do enough for you whether you are just touring or moving in. The food is excellent. You really feel like you are dining in a 5 star restaurant. Returning with my loved one for a 2nd tour, I was very impressed that so many of the staff membered me from my first visit. They make it their job to learn everything about their residents and potential residents so that they feel like they are "HOME". I know that is what I was looking for. I knew my Loved one would feel like they were visiting with relatives instead of being "put away" somewhere. I see a big improvement in their attitude and health in the few weeks of Living in this wonderful facility.

Nice place, overall

Overall we've been pleased with how things have gone at Atria Bethlehem. It's a nice looking place, and the staff seem friendly and professional. We toured quite a few facilities in the area, and this one really stood out as being one of the nicer ones. One small complaint I have is that I don't feel they really followed through with the ambassador program they told us about. But otherwise we're very satisfied with our decision!

Beautiful place. Lots to offer.

My visit to Atrià

I am very happy with our decision to place our Mother in Atria. She will get the care she needs. A very pretty property as well.

Atria said they would not accomodate bringing meals/food trays to the residents room. Deal breaker for us.

Kate Vance

Although we encourage our residents to take advantage of our exceptional dining room services, we can provide other options such as meal delivery as needed. If you’re comfortable sharing more about your experience with the community, please feel free to reach out to us at [removed].

A very well rounded establishment

The community was a very nice place well equipped to care for the residents. It was always clean, and the staff was both informative and offered a lot of feedback that was helpful to us as well. There were an abundant variety of activities offered to the residents, getting them to be well engaged and keeping them active as well. Although the food was great, the dining room experience was the only negative aspect I found here. The service was very slow on more than one occasion, and it was not serviced very efficiently, leaving many to complain, the staff was often short or running behind.

Kate Vance

We appreciate you taking the time to voice your opinion and give us feedback on what we are doing well and where we need improvement. As much as we enjoy the accolades, we also take your feedback about our dining service to heart. We take all feedback seriously and we will be sharing your comments with the appropriate directors. Should we be of further service to your family, please reach out via [removed] and be sure to include “Atria Bethlehem” in your subject line.

Beautiful and Friendly Community

My Mom recently moved into this community. It is a very beautiful, modern and updated community. Mom is very happy to be a part of the Atria community. Their friendliness and care services are excellent. There are many activities available for residents to participate in. Since most communities are expensive, I hesitate to rate the value as great.

Atria Bethlehem Review

My mom is very Happy.

Her condition has improved since she moved in 2 months ago.

Top marks

Things have gone well with Atria Bethlehem so far, I'd give them top marks across the board. It's a clean, up-to-date, new facility. The staff were all friendly and professional, and they seem to do a great job looking out for their residents. I was also impressed by the quality of the food.

Excellent respite care!

Our loved one was only here for a brief respite stay, but they were absolutely wonderful with him while he was here! It was a nice looking, pleasant, warm feeling community, and the staff all seemed very friendly! Our daughter visited during his stay and she was also impressed!

Review of Atria Bethlehem Assisted Living in Bethlehem, PA

We all loved this facility and the staff. Our tour with Dorine was very informative and enjoyable. We especially enjoyed our lunch in their dining facility!

Very nice place, overall

They've done a great job here so far, we're pleased with the service and with the improvement that my loved one has shown since moving in! The facility itself is attractive and clean, and the staff have all been very friendly and professional. She also says that the food has been very good! The only complaint I've heard from her is that the medicine distribution could be handled a bit better, it's somewhat of a cattle call the way they handle it now.

Very nice community!

We used Atria Bethlehem for a brief respite stay for my loved one, and overall I thought they did a great job! They make you feel very confident that your loved one will be well cared for, and is in good hands. My loved one was very hesitant to go to any sort of senior community, but by the time she came out she absolutely loved it!

The best home for mom and dad in the Lehigh Valley.

Upon entering Atria we knew it was the place for our parents to live out the remainder of their lives. The staff is wonderful --- the residents are more than welcoming with nothing but praise for their home. If a resident remains in their room all day it is not because of a lack of scheduled activities. The dining room is staffed with exceptional individuals both in the kitchen and in the dining area. The food is restaurant quality at every meal. The final selling point was the monthly fee with no outrageous entrance fee required and a 30 day termination if needed. Overall we would highly recommend Atria to anyone seeking independant or assisted living for their elder family members.

Very nice place beautiful s...

Very nice place beautiful surroundings and awesome atmosphere. This is completely private pay and is out of range of what we can afford.

Friendly staff and good care

My loved one was here briefly for respite care. The facility itself was very nice. They had a friendly, pleasant staff, and the care and services they provided were all high quality. However, the facility just wasn't a good fit for my loved one socially. The median age seemed to be around 80, and my loved one was much younger than that, and felt a bit isolated socially.

Atria Bethlehem is a wonderful place

this was a hard decision for our family to make but we have found Atria Bethlehem has filled our needs very nicely. the living arrangement is very nice and convenient and mom is now participating in activities she did not have access to at home. the people are very helpful and informative. I would recommend Atria Bethlehem. i would rate it 5 stars

very nice, but outside of m...

very nice, but outside of mom's finances

Great place!

The care here is great! They're very good, and very thorough, they didn't waste any time getting right into my Dad's care, and learning what he needed. He's very comfortable here, and they're always willing to go the extra mile to help. One of my Dad's big concerns was how the food was going to be, but he really likes it here. They have restaurant style seating, and they have a few different menus available depending on the time, as well as a deli menu that is available at all times if you don't happen to like the choices that day.
The facility itself is lovely, and is located very near to the hospital.

Did a great job for the time she was there

They did a great job during the short time she was there. We knew her level of care was going to advance beyond what they could provide, but they did a great job during the short time she was there. It was very clean, and the staff were friendly. They did a good job on the levels of care that they were able to provide.

AMAZING!

We think it's great! We're very happy with it. The staff is just fantastic. They stop and say hi to everyone. I've never heard a negative word from them. They are constantly interacting with the folks and are always available. Their communication is just fantastic and they were much more professional than any of the other places we saw. They have lots of activities. They go on bus trips, tours, casinos, shopping, etc. My mother is so much more active now that before.

The medical care that they have there is great. They have physical therapists on staff. They took my mother with a hip problem from a wheelchair to being ambulatory with no assistance. They're doing a very good job of taking care of her. Everything that they do is amazing. All the specialists are within their transportation range so they'll take them to the doctor and that's included in the service. Plus a doctor that comes in to do GP stuff.

Best Fit for Situation

We chose Atria because it was just the best fitting community for the situation we were currently in. The grounds are very well kept and very pretty. The scenery is in fact so pretty we took formal pictures there with my family there was lots of trees and very pretty landscaping. We are very happy with our choice and would recommend to others.

Visited and met with Dorine. I liked...

Visited and met with Dorine. I liked the facility.

very impressive, great care for ...

very impressive, great care for diabetics, rooms nice size, great activities including swimming twice a week and intellectual activities like art history lecture, Rabbi comes in on regular basis.

Atria Bethlehem understands the importance of seniors maintaining a healthy balance between independence and safety. That's why our Pennsylvania retirement community provides them with everything they need to feel secure in their surroundings and comfortable to participate in daily activities. You may choose from private studio, to one- and two-bedroom apartments - all of which are equipped with emergency response systems, kitchenettes and accessible bathrooms with walk-in showers. Residents enjoy three restaurant-style meals daily, the convenience of daily bed-making and towel service, weekly housekeeping services, and scheduled transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and recreational activities. Additional support with personal care and medication administration is available for residents requiring assistance. We strive to help residents maintain independence while providing their loved ones with peace of mind.