Outstanding Memory Care Unit !

The Palmerton provide excellent coordination from care package selection to move-in assistance !

Very Professional !

Care for mom

This is a nice community. The staff is very nice and always attentive to her needs. The meals are good and she seems to like them very much. They have a lot of nice activities, live music is nice for her to enjoy.
It is a very close location to my home so that I can visit often. I recommend the care and the value to other families.

Not at all for my Wife

I toured the facility. My wife needed a secured dementia unit. The Memory care unit is suppose to be new. It is not. The dining room is in the middle of the unit. There is no separate activity area, The marketer seemed to not know what she was doing. She had no clue what to charge me. She kept calling someone at another place for costs. The office manager kept rolling her eyes and slamming things around. I was told that is my wife moved in I could not visit her for up to two weeks. Why would I do that. Needless to say I decided the place was not suitable for my wife.

The scenery is pretty. When you walk in there is a very nice fish tank. The staff seemed nice enough. We toured the building and for the most part the building is clean enough. My Aunt is in need of a secured unit. The Memory care unit is very small. There is not a separate dining or activity area. There seemed to be some confusion on the prices. The marketer wanted us to agree to a room that day. We decided to not move my aunt in. We decided on an other facility.

My Mother was a resident at The Village. They could not keep staff. They went through management like water. There were always mistakes on my Mom's bill. We were told one price for the room then 5 months later we were called by the marketer and told that the room rate is going to be raised and they need another contract signed. The food was more like fast food. We moved Mom out. We did not trust her care to them because of the high turn around of staff and management.

The scenery is beautiful. The place is clean enough. The carpets should be replaced and the outside needs painting. The Parking could use paving and or
sealing. The food is sub par. It is all over processed and not home made. Desserts are horrible and there rarely is fresh fruit. They go through staff like water. They keep going through management. The administration is lacking. The Director of Nursing is not even a nurse. The Marketer is clueless and very short when you ask her questions. The office manger can be nice. However,
she becomes easily agitated and makes you feel that you are intruding. My Father and I decided to move him to another PCH. If they can not keep staff how would my father be taken care of. It really was a nice homey friendly place. However, it has gone down hill the past few months.

My dad resided there for awhile. The place was ok. The food was bad. Nothing was homemade. The dietary manager was very short with the residents at times. The staff was nice enough. We were first told that they could not take my dad,due to he may wander. Then the marketer called us and said the owner said it was okay. My Dad did wander out of the building. We took him out. If the person who assessed him and denied him. Why would the owner veto their decision? Money based. Most of the administration were great. The Office manager could use a lesson on people skills. She was rude when you called. She would become upset when you came to the window for assistance. A very unprofessional person. The maintenance man would order the nursing staff around. The activity director was very nice and seemed to care about her job.

Review of The Village at Palmerton - Palmerton, PA

Too pricey. Charge extra for things