American House Elmwood Senior Living - Rochester Hills, MI

Not for us

This community did not compare to the community we chose. This is an old grade school that has been remodeled. This is a larger community with old steel doors. This community was more expensive than what we were looking for.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for taking the time to tour with us. We appreciate your feedback.

[Removed] was great and the tour excellent. I can see my mom living there. One delay is working to see how I can medicaid approval.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for the 5-star rating! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed the tour and look forward to welcoming your mother into our American House Elmwood community. Thanks again for the feedback- we appreciate it!

Suspicions validated!

At first glance it appears to be a very nice place. Some of the staff are TRULY very nice and helpful. Some simply put on a good front. The food is NOT all that good. The med team that's supposed to be wonderful.....not so much. I think they will know what I am talking about. If you or your loved one needs a place to go, where you know they will be cared for with love; find a place that has security cameras all over.

Very nice place!

I think they do a great job at American House of Elmwood! The facility is clean and well kept, and the staff do a great job looking out for the people who live here. I really like their activities program, they've always got something going on, and have lots of trips and events! They also do a great job with the food, my loved one is normally a picky eater, but loves the food here!

very friendly

My father is staying at American House Elmwood Senior Living and has had a few complaints about the food. It does not have much taste, according to him.

Other than that, things are good. The staff there are all very friendly and they try to get him involved in their activities. Overall we are pleased with the atmosphere and the care that he is getting.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your feedback! We take great pride in the dining experience we offer our residents. If you or your father have suggestions on how we can me this an even greater experience, please let us know! Kathy Porman, executive director

They are doing a great job.

They are doing a great job. Overall I am very happy with them. There are no concerns over how clean it's kept. The staff is friendly. I would recommend them to others.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you so much for recommending us! It means a lot -- and
I'm glad that you are happy with American House! Should you have any
questions, please call me directly. Thanks again!
Kathy Porman, Executive Director

Seemed like a nice place

We looked into this community when we were checking into respite care options. We didn't end up picking them for respite care but we are considering them as a more permanent move down the line. They weren't the nicest place we saw (still very nice!), but they were a good balance of cost to the care and environment they provide.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for keeping us in mind for your future needs! If I can ever answer any questions for you, please don’t hesitate to call me directly and I’d be happy to help.

Nice place, overall

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. We toured this, as well as another American House community, and they were both very nice! The staff here were all very friendly, and the residents seemed well cared for. The facility itself was older and darker than the other community we looked at, and we didn't like the feel quite as much.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for stopping by! I’m glad you noticed how terrific our staff is and how happy our residents are here. We hope your loved one is happy at the other American House community!
Kathy Porman, Executive Director

My mother loves living at American Ho...

My mother loves living at American House Elmwood very much. What I like about this one it is all one floor. She does not get confused about levels. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you very much for your kind words! We are so pleased to hear about your mother’s happiness and it’s great to know the building layout works well for her. If there’s anything either myself or our staff can do for you anytime, please feel free to call.

Nice looking place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. This was a very nice looking community, and the staff were all very friendly, but I don't think it would have been the best fit for Mom. It was a large complex, and it would have been a bit much for Mom to navigate.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for leaving your feedback! I'm sorry you felt our
community didn't fit your needs -- but if you're still looking, we
have several other communities nearby that may be more of what you are
looking for. I'd be happy to help you find what would suit your mom
the best, so please feel free to call me directly.
Kathy Porman, Executive Director

Beautiful facility and ap...

Beautiful facility and appears to be wonderful, caring staff. Very clean. Monthly rent of $4700 way beyond our reach.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for complimenting our caring staff and nice community. We do our best to keep it in tip top shape and have a great group of people we work with. Sorry the monthly rent was out of your price range, but note that our rent includes an “a la carte” system for additional services and amenities. Please feel free to call and we can determine exactly what your needs would be.
Kathy Porman
Executive Director
[removed]

Visited and liked this loc...

Visited and liked this location, comfortable feel. older but well maintained. Good activities, pricing within our range.

American House Senior Living Communities

Glad to hear that you liked what we’re offering here! We try to maintain a comfortable, cozy home look. If I can be of any assistance with your move here, please give me a call.
Sincerely, Kathy Porman
Executive Director

location good

location good

American House Senior Living Communities

Thanks for leaving your feedback! If you have any other questions or thoughts, please call me at [removed].
Kathy Porman, Executive Director

Do not accept residents under age of 56.

Do not accept residents under age of 56.

American House Senior Living Communities

We do cater to adults of a certain age to better organize amenities and activities to better suit everyone. If you have any questions, please feel free to call me and we can discuss your concerns.
Sincerely, Kathy Porman, Executive Director [removed]

A charming, relaxing one-story community that truly feels like home, American House Elmwood located west of Crooks Road, is ideally situated near family and friends, shopping and familiar medical professionals in Rochester, Rochester Hills, Auburn Hills, and Troy. We are also located near Crittenton Hospital Medical Center, Troy Beaumont and St. Joseph's Pontiac. Elmwood Senior Living in Rochester Hills provides Independent Living with assistance available as well as a dedicated Memory Care unit.*

Our apartments include studio and 1 bedroom floor plan options, with living rooms and private baths - many units with kitchens. We also have a community dining room, beauty salon/barber shop, billiards room, three spacious courtyards and two covered patios for outdoor relaxation...and much more.

Our Life Enrichment Director plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips. Resident Services also include restaurant-style dining available for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and scheduled transportation. Laundry and housekeeping services are also available.

*Medical support services and memory care provided by a third party on-site home health care agency not affiliated with American House.