American House Stone Senior Living - Rochester Hills, MI

Great community

We really liked the American House Stone Senior Living community. The staff was friendly when we toured and the community was very well-maintained. They did not have a room available that was close enough to the dining room for my mom. Very nice community.

Very Comfortable!

She loves the food, and that is very important to her! American House Senior Living is a beautiful and clean, well-maintained community. My mother-in-law has all the things she needs, housekeeping, numerous activities to keep her busy. Her room is spacious, it is big enough for her and her walker. Her room she has now is bigger than her very first home. Here in this community, she has become a social butterfly, the residents are very friendly and she is making friends. It shows how happy and comfortable she is living here. The friendly staff takes great care of her needs. We feel we have made a great choice.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your 5-star review of our community! We appreciate your feedback and we're glad to hear your mother-in-law has settled in and made friends. Always grateful that our residents have chosen to make their home with us at American House.

My choice!

I really liked American House Stone Senior Living when I toured. The building was clean and maintained well, and the person that took me around was friendly. The reason why I chose another American House was location, but this one was closest to my home.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for taking the time to tour with us. We're glad to hear that your tour went well and appreciate your feedback.

Very nice. Great price and a lot included. It felt a bit more "college dorm" than "home" to me, no doubt due to its layout (former school)

Location Was Not Close

I had a nice tour of this community and liked all that was offered. My tour guide was very nice and attentive and after my tour they followed up with weekly. The management to me seems to be making sure staff are doing things correct. They also did a great job converting the facility in a retirement community from an old school.

Review of American House Stone Senior Living - Rochester Hills, MI

Had lunch n tour Susan very personable helpful. Building did not have emergency generator in case of power outage.

I did not have a good experience at American House. There were several things that should not have happened that did happen.
1. They are to help new people meet the other residents in the building. This did not happen. They left my mom at a table in the dining room by herself, placing her at a table with a woman that was known to not eat in the dining room. This was not a new woman - she has lived there for 3 years and picks up her own tray of food and takes it to her room. The woman specifically told me that she prefers to eat alone and if she picks up her food she doesn't have to pay the food delivery fee. Another new woman they sat at that table the weeks previous to my mom moving into this building, didn't like eating alone and began to pay the fee to have her food delivered.
2. There was an argument the 2nd weekend that my mother was there between the cook and one of the young ladies that pass out the food. Mary was slamming dishes and food around. This wasn't the only time I saw the cook do this. It was quite loud and upset my mom and some other women there in the dining room.
3. They consistently woke my mom for breakfast, my mom, in an attempt to try to meet people, would get down to the dining room - only to be served oatmeal or cereal with no milk. There is a refrigerator right next to her table. Sometimes she would get there and have to wait 45 minutes for her breakfast, not being served until 9:15 am.
4. One day she overslept, and didn't get to breakfast until 10:00 am. They told her they couldn't give her anything and she could get some juice and just wait until lunch. She is diabetic - nobody asked anyone to cook anything - if isn't that difficult to give someone a bowl of cereal.
5. She apparently fell and they never notified me. They picked her up and put her in bed.
6. The required emergency button, residents pay to wear - they do not answer. The button was pushed - they came over 10 minutes later. 911 came before anyone checked on her.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for providing your candid feedback on American House Stone. I personally will look into the issues you presented. If there's anything I can do for you or your mom, please do contact me directly.
Roxiann Brown, executive director

My mother has been here for 9-10 years

I am happy with this place. My mother has been here for 9-10 years, and they offer a lot of amenities for her. They have both independent and assisted living. I'm not really sure how much it costs, I don't really deal with the finances. Overall I am happy because my mother is happy.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for sending your feedback! I'm so glad to hear that your mother is happy at the American House Stone community - happy residents mean everything to us, in fact, we view them as members of our extended family! If I can ever be of assistance, please contact me. Sincerely, Roxiann Brown, Executive Director

Very attentive staff

Due to unexpected health problems, my mother had to return to the hospital after only two days. During her short stay, I found the staff to be very concerned and attentive to her needs. I hope that she will be able to return there again after she completes her rehab.

American House Senior Living Communities

Hi Mary, I'm sorry to hear about your mother, but hopefully
she will be back here in no time! If you have any questions when she
does, please stop by my office and I'll be happy to talk to you.
Roxiann Brown, Executive Director

Nice place, but not the best fit for Dad

Overall this is a very nice place. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the staff are friendly and take great care of the residents. However, my loved one is very active for his age and there just wasn't enough resident involvement here to satisfy him, not many people would show up to the activities they scheduled.

American House Senior Living Communities

Some of our residents may not participate in every activity we plan,
But we do try to offer unique activities that pique residents’ interests.
I'm glad you like American House Stone, but if you feel another community would
fit your dad better then please give me a call and I
can help guide you. We have several American House communities
your dad may enjoy even more.
Roxiann Brown, Executive Director

They didn't have all the services we needed.

They lived here for a while, unfortunately they didn't offer the activities we were looking for or the services we were eventually in need of. Also after a while the big two bedroom place was more than we needed.

American House Senior Living Communities

I'm sorry our community didn't fit your exact needs as
things changed for your loved one. I understand that everyone requires different
amenities, and that's why we offer a wide variety of personal care services on an a la carte
basis. We also have a Life Enrichment Director who plans all kinds of activities for residents,
so suggestions are always welcome. Thank you for leaving your
feedback.
Roxiann Brown, Executive Director

L liked this one as well but...

L liked this one as well as Elmwood but Village was by far her favorite

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for leaving your feedback! The American House communities in Rochester Hills are tight knit, and we do lots of things together, but each building has its own personality and unique population of residents.
[removed]

Set within our green campus along Adams Road in Rochester Hills, American House Stone is ideally situated near family, friends, shopping, and familiar medical professionals in Rochester, Rochester Hills, Auburn Hills, and Troy. We are located close to hospitals including St. Joseph's Pontiac, Crittenton Hospital Medical Center, and Beaumont Royal Oak and Troy. Stone Senior Living in Rochester Hills provides Independent Living, Assisted Living*, Respite Care and Hospice Care.*

Our apartments range from studios to two bedrooms, all with living areas, a kitchen and private bath. Amenities include restaurant-style dining, scheduled transportation, laundry and housekeeping services. Committed to enriching lives, our Life Enrichment Director creates diverse programming and plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips to satisfy even the most particular interests.

*Emergency response systems and other medical and personal support services provided onsite 24/7 by a Medicare certified home health care agency not affiliated with American House. Hospice care provided onsite by local hospice organizations upon resident or family request.