The Sheridan at Birmingham - Birmingham, MI

The Sheridan at Birmingham - Birmingham, MI has yet not published prices.

No Accountability

Agree with prior review. My family is looking to get out...run out.
The ED is a big problem....chuckles at every word, no action, zip on accountability. He is not qualified!!!!!

Food needs improvement and care is marginal. Lots of turnover and
management needs overhaul.

Not living up to expectations/sales pitch

My family member is resident in memory care. They are understaffed. Memory care director is lovely and works extremely hard, as do the caregivers. However, the needs for memory care residents are really not being met. Have had a few conversations with executive director about the problems, and nothing has changed. The caregivers try very hard to keep up and are very kind. Unfortunately they don't have the management to back them up. Food has been awful since the day my family member moved there, no improvement. It's like eating the worse meals in middle school. Not healthy for residents who need proper nourishment. One day pizza was served with tater tots. Residents sit around watching tv because there isn't enough staff to help them. Don't see residents with water other than at meals, and when a smoothie snack is prepared. If you move your family member here, be prepared to add a private caregiver. The building itself has heating/cooling issues, and is poorly laid out. No laundry facility in memory care, so staff has to leave the area to do laundry. No technology to detect when a resident falls in their rooms, and there have been several incidents that I am aware of. They should put their marketing budget towards improving the promised services instead of advertising special meals and programs for the public. They certainly shouldn't be accepting new residents until better staffed.

Nice place!

Toured facility. Good location, nice apartments, smiling faces.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your personal experience in our community; we appreciate your feedback!

Probably Acceptable

The Sheridan at Birmingham is probably as good as other assisted living facilities. The aides on whom I depend range in attitude and performance from surly to outstanding. I am lucky if an aide is neutral —neither helpful nor sadistic . The facility is new and pleasing in decor, although I find it cold and modern,, as opposed to warm and welcoming. I’ve been here only four weeks and admit to resisting acceptance, but losing one’s husband and home are big adjustments for a 79-year-old with a diagnosis of a condition that has no cure. The management appears to be open to criticism and eager to improve conditions, but an aide cannot be forced to be caring. In general the aides here are not well trained, nor are they made aware of one’s particular problems. Most of my aides didn’t know that I couldn’t walk until I had been here for several weeks.

Nice location....Needs Director

Promised activities, care and food would enrich
my life. Not the case here. The director is no where to be found if issues arise. I have visited over the weekend time and time again, no director or direction on site.

Beautiful location just poor management.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback; we'd like the opportunity to make this right. Your comments have been passed on to a supervisory team that will follow up with the community. Our team would like to continue this conversation as it will give us a chance to better understand and address your concerns with The Sheridan at Birmingham. Please contact [removed]. We look forward to hearing from you!

New facility, looks very nice. Limited activities. Hard to really judge the facility yet as they are too new. Residents are just starting to move in. We were not able to see any activities or interaction between staff and residents.