Solstice Senior Living at Palatine - Palatine, IL

Solstice Senior Living at Palatine - Palatine, IL has yet not published prices.

A wonderful

Dad has only been here a short time and things have been great. The staff have been wonderful with him. They do offer some daily activities and the community is very clean. The food is very good and this community is close to family. I would recommend this community.

Great Tour!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community. They have a beautiful property and the staff does a great job with keeping it clean as well as maintained. I liked the wide open floor plan with the wide hallways as well as all of the great amenities they had available. It was just not the right fit in the end decisions for my mother.

This was a very close second for us. The only downfall for our situation was that they are a "private pay" facility so, when money and assets run out, client moves out. Very comfortable location and very friendly people.

A good tour!

When I toured Tamarack, I thought it was a nice place. Every community that I toured had its pros and cons. The staff was very friendly. The tour guide that took me around was very knowledgeable and friendly, but we found another community that for my mother's needs best.

Mom is Well At This Community

My mother is doing since her move to this community. I know she is safe, and in a good place. They have good staff, and they have been great to work with. Everything is working out well, and I'am pleased with all they have done for us. I would recommend this community, it has worked out well for my family.

Great Tour!!

My brother took a tour of this place and he absolutely loved it. The location of the community fits our needs and what they have to offer sounds good as well. We are looking for a place that will be safe for my loved one and this place sounds like it will provide comfort and be very safe.

A Few Issues

I have some issues about getting a room cleaned, which is included. They refuse to clean the room and told me to hire a cleaner. It seems that my loved one has been hoarding and overall I find it unusual. It also seems that they are not forth coming about all that they offer. They might need some more staff.

My mother just moved here last week. So far so good. Everyone is very nice and supportive. Facility is very clean.

Great Tour!!

The tour guide at Tamarack was very knowledgeable. He was able to explain all the paperwork properly. The interaction between the residents and the staff was great. It was a clean place. The community offered us a complimentary meal. There was a smell of the building that wasn't very pleasant. Overall it was a great tour.

Beautiful Community Tour

I took a tour of this community and I loved how beautiful it is. The staff are so prompt and informative. I got to eat lunch and it was good. The staff showed me all the activities available and it is a nice variety. I did not choose this community because it is mainly for independent living and we needed assisted living.

It was a rough start but things are finally settling down.

Moving my mother in law into Tamarack has been pretty rough. She's tried to leave a few times due to confusion in the beginning but things have gotten better. The staff is a friendly bunch of people and they serve really good quality food! Since things have settled she is now participating in activities and even making friends. As far as recommending the place, I'd say if your loved one requires individualized care/attention this is probably not the place.

Good experience!

Our experience with Tamarack has been a really good one, overall! It's our first time dealing with any sort of senior care, so we don't have much to compare it to, but the people at Tamarack have made the whole process fairly pleasant. The staff is friendly and professional, and they do a great job looking out for the people who live here!

Could Use Some Updates

It could probably be updated, it is a little bit on the older side. They did a fantastic job selling the place, but when my loved one got in there it was kind of up to him to initiate things, so they could probably do a better job welcoming them in. For the most part I think the food is decent.

nice place

Tamarack of Palatine was a nice welcoming place that has a nice live in staff that eat dinner with residences every night. The apartments is cleaned regularly and property is clean.
My dad has lived there for only two months and is happy so far.
He moved from a much larger Devonshire community and is fitting much better and with reduced cost. Synergy Homecare is the assistances provider, you need two contracts to live there if you need additional services.
Just get all the details before moving
Resident must be somewhat independent (they don’t have resident evaluation)
It is much cheaper than a Sunrise community if independent enough
Prices change daily or so they say, so the price is the best on 1st visit so if you think about or keep looking prepare to pay more.
Synergy is a pretty good service but they don’t keep great records of visits and charges
There is a large one time move in community charge that can negotiable
It’s in a good area for dinning and stores when visiting
We like it so far

It's nice but not as pretty as some of the newer places.

We recently moved our loved one here. It's nice but not as pretty as some of the newer places. The building is about 20 years old. The people are nice and the meals are nice. I like that there haven't been any hidden charges, we pay what we said we would pay, and that's it. We are pretty happy with them so far.

We really like that the four managers live there.

The management I would give a four or a five. We really like that the four managers live there. We have had a couple of issues come up. The food comes cool everyday, and a lot of times it's wrong, not what she ordered. The dining room is fantastic, and if you eat in the dining room the food is hot and good. and when you have a guest they don't charge you for it.

A Perfect Place!!!

They're just wonderful there. Jackie was the coordinator for me. I just want to thank her so very much from the bottom of my heart. There couldn't be a greater place for my dad. The Tamarack is a perfect place. Everybody that we introduced this place to has loved it. The staff treats you like family. The food is great. My dad says its like eating on a cruise. Your treated like your on a cruise. Even the residents are looking out for each other and courteous. It's just perfect.

They are doing a fantastic job.

They are doing a fantastic job. We are very pleased with the service. The food is one of the things my loved one likes the best. We don't have any issues with how clean things are kept, or the staff. They are just doing a great job.

Untrustworthy and old dirty carpet throughout building

My mom is a resident at Tamarack & has had a theft occur when her door was locked & management does not care. Other residents have had thefts reported as well.

I'm very pleased with Tamarack. I'm s...

I'm very pleased with Tamarack. I'm staying there now, and I'm very satisfied with the services. They feed me well, and staff is very friendly. I'm satisfied with the care they provide. They are very attentive. I would recommend it to others.

I've been very pleased.

I've been very pleased. They are very clean, and the staff is very friendly. It's a good value compared to other places. They put out a calendar every day with activities, and another one with menu items. He really seems to enjoy the food too. The location was great for us, and everything else about it really made this the choice for us.

Not very clean. Very old

Not very clean. Very old

Nice community

It’s a nice community. It’s pretty expensive. The food is good. The parking can be a little limited. The people who live there are very friendly. It doesn’t really get expensive until someone starts needing extra care, then it can get really expensive.

Very promising. All-inclus...

Very promising. All-inclusive monthly pricing, compelling cost comparison; no buy-in fee. Interesting travel deals? Great central location downtown Palatine walking to everything, including train station (Arl racetrack) & groceries.

MUST Consider Tamarack in your options

just been here a week. So, maybe it's still the "honeymoon". Don't think so, though. I toured, met residents and staff and did a weekend stay before moving in.

The management and services team is "down to earth" and focused on the residents and their needs and comfort.

Food is good. Lot's of activities. Support services personnel for housekeeping, medical, home health assistance and transportation are attentive, knowledgeable and committed to the residents well-being, comfort and safety.

Everyone works to "customize" the living experience to each resident, as much as possible.

Our Tamarack experience

When we toured this property the sales person assured us that if my Mom didn't come to at least one meal per day that someone would check on them. There have been many times due to health issues that my Mom hasn't come down for 2-3 days and no one has ever wondered where she was. They also said the enrichment coordinator would contact her when she first moved in to see if they could interest her in any on property activities which hasn't happened.
The building is old and there are structural issues in the common areas that make things difficult for seniors with mobility issues, for example the garbage room doors on each floor are so heavy they are very difficult for my Mom to open.
The dining hours are on a strict schedule so you must sit down at a set time ( this also means everyone needs to get on the elevators at the same time). It would be great if they had a "flex" dining time and maybe even a combined breakfast and lunch, how many seniors want to be down in the dining room at 8 am?
Smoking is allowed in your apartment so at times my Mom's floor smells like smoke from other resident's apartments.
There is on property home health care, OT and PT. This is a great feature if your family member needs it and the staff of both of these are very friendly and caring!
The apartment itself is a good space with everything my Mom needs. Everything is included besides phone service and she really likes how warm it is in her place! The area and the community around it are very nice and is blocks from a train station that goes into the city of Chicago.

Things are going well.

Overall, I gave them a 4 out of 5. The care doesn't apply, since this is independent living (care services come from outside companies). They could improve on their meals. Perhaps have a higher quality, or better variety. My loved one seems to be doing okay though. We didn't do much shopping around, but my loved one seems satisfied, so that's good.

I'm very happy with it.

I'm very happy with it. The maintenance could be a little quicker to respond. When she was sick they were very responsive. They seem to have good food and a good variety for the menu. It's a very homey environment. It's a nice size apartment.

Good place, kind staff

We knew from our tour that this would be a good place for our loved ones, and we're glad we selected it. It's got a warm friendly atmosphere, and it's clean and nice looking. The staff have been very kind and supportive, and it's been a big relief to us knowing that our loved ones are somewhere that they are safe and comfortable. It isn't cheap, but they do a great job.

Home for the Holidays

Although my sister has not yet moved in, (December 20th is her planned arrival) we were both impressed with both the appearance and the staff of the facility. After touring all of the areas available for use, we were invited to stay for lunch. The dining room was so cozy and decorated for Thanksgiving. The food was very good and was served by a friendly staff. I think that everyone will make her feel welcome and to help my sister overcome her shyness.

Super sweet and kind gal ga...

Super sweet and kind gal gave us the tour and it was perfect for him, but too high for his price range. May need to move here in the future though as his needs grow.

good experience

only there 1 week - but staff was very friendly and helpful
Apartment was nice size

Very nice. Like this one. P...

Very nice. Like this one. Problem is Illinois financial support less than wisc as best I can tell at this point. Top of Illinois list and would be happy with this one.

I like this place a lot and...

I like this place a lot and think that my father would be very comfortable here. I also like it because it was in the pre-established budget and logistically it was close to home.

I loved it. It's great pack...

I loved it. It's great package. Huge living spaces and many things to do within a block or short shuttle rides. Library next door, Metra, 3 churches, beautiful park. Unfortunately my Dad wants to live in the country and not in an urban setting even though it's in a residential area. I'm going to recommend this to my neighbor who was recently widowed.

this looks nice. no 2 bdrm...

this looks nice. no 2 bdrm, but one of the 1-bdrm floorplans can be converted. not sure on cost

R with home care and home health on site

R with home care and home health on site

very nice facility seems to be geare...

very nice facility seems to be geared mostly for independent individuals

No full kitchens and small apartments...

No full kitchens and small apartments. LOVED the area.

not fancy, but good care

not fancy, but good care

This facility is wonderful but above ...

This facility is wonderful but above our price range.

Our real value lies in the intangibles, such as a feeling of independence, peace of mind, happiness and fulfillment.

Three nutritious chef-prepared meals are served each day in the elegantly appointed dining-room. It’s a perfect time for socializing with friends and neighbors. Our menu variety offers choices to accommodate residents’ special dietary needs.

Transportation is a key in maintaining independence. Which is why at each residence a climate-controlled bus is available for trips to appointments, shopping and group activities. Residents do not have to be concerned with the inconvenience of driving in traffic, especially during inclement weather.

Each residence has an activity director who plans activities both on and off-site. Examples of popular activities are movie nights, exercise and craft classes, and trips to local attractions, such as museums. In addition, residents can enjoy the game and billiards room, library, large screen television lounge and barber/beauty salon.

In each facility, nothing is more important than the comfort and safety of our residents. Each apartment features a sprinkler system, smoke detectors and emergency pull-cords that link them to resident-managers around-the-clock.

You won’t find any hidden costs or fees in our community. There is no lease or buy-in fee. In addition, all the utilities except telephone are included in the monthly rent.

Enjoy your retirement living and come visit us! Schedule your personal tour and complimentary lunch, we will show you our gracious lifestyle.