Solstice Senior Living at Lee's Summit - Lee's Summit, MO

Solstice Senior Living at Lee's Summit - Lee's Summit, MO has yet not published prices.

People from all different walks of life

My mom is living here and as far as I know, she’s happy. When I was originally looking to move her in, I worked with the marketing guy and he was very knowledgeable about the facility. Everything is newer, it’s not so big that she can’t get around, and it’s in town and closer to my sister, so there’s been a lot of good that’s come from her being here. Not to mention the fact that the price was really reasonable compared to other places that I had looked. The food seems to be good and Mom enjoys it but said that you have to usually get there early so nothing runs out. They have a wide variety of food at every meal but there are certain things that everybody likes that they may run out of. There are tons of activities available. She’s been able to enjoy bingo and there are crafts that are offered. There are no complaints that I know of cleanliness so I assume they’re keeping on top of everything. My mom is very happy with the people she’s met there. They’re from all different walks of life. Overall, I would recommend them.

Appearances can be deceiving.

Appearances can be deceiving. Beware of pricing. We found out the identical room next to our father is $400 dollars less than what they were charging us and he had been there a year longer. Sad affair to be ripping off the elderly. The one elevator for 200 apartments has a history of breaking down. Dad seldom liked the food and he’s not a picky eater. They often ran out of the main dish by the time they got to his table. Everyone has to eat at the same time. We decided to move Dad.

Small and Well-Maintained

I toured the Carlyle on behalf of my wife. The community is small, which is a plus if you’re hoping to make sure that your loved one will get the attention he or she needs. It was also very well maintained, however, we ultimately chose another community for my wife’s care.

Really impressed

The food is excellent and they offer a variety of choices including a healthy option. Things seem to be working out for my mom at this community. She has started to participate in some of the daily activities. The community is clean and well landscaped. The staff are friendly and helpful. The director is really nice and this community is in a good location for us. I would recommend this community.

A good place

Dad is very happy living at this community. The food is good and they offer healthy choices. The staff are friendly and encouraging. They offer daily social activities. I would recommend this community.

My new community

I like living at this community. The staff are nice and helpful. I like that they keep the community clean and everything is always maintained. They offer a good variety of meals from a nice menu. I like that they offer activiites. I would recommend this community for good care and value.

A great community for care

This is a nice community. i like knowing that she is happy her with the care. The staff are very caring and attentive to her needs. We liked the environment. The menu is appealing and she happy that she is able to find things that she likes. I like that she is meeting friends which are helping her. The community is clean and the enviroment is good for her. I would recommend this community for the good care and value for other families.

A perfect place for care

This is an outstanding community and we are pleased with the staff that is so very caring. The community is very clean and maintained. The meals are very good and appealing. The activities are very helpful for the residents and we like the environment for being positive. We highly recommend the care of the community for other families wanting a great value for outstanding care.

Caring for my Mother

My mother is staying there. When i arrived i went with an open mind to see what it was like. My contact with management before arrival was very positive and upon arrival i was very impressed with how things were being managed. Very professional , courteous and caring by everyone i met towards the tenants. I found them especially helpful to my mothers needs and couldn't be more impressed than i am. I am confident my mother is being well looked after here and this gives me great peace of mind.

One Of My Tours

I took a tour of this community and I seen a nice looking place and it seemed cleaned. The staff appeared to interact with the people good. The person who gave us a tour was knowledgeable and focus on our needs. They did a good job.

My Visit With The Community

The tour went well and the place looked like fine. The interaction between the staff and resident looked good. The tour guide was informative and I was able to see they did not have a memory care, which is what I needed for my mom.

Wonderful Activities

Everything is working out pretty well for my grandmother here. They do a good job of keeping the community nice and clean. There are wonderful activities offered. The food is outstanding, I've had a few meals and they were great. I'am comfortable with the care they are providing her, but at this time I wouldn't recommend it.

A Hard Decision Made Easy by the Carlyle staff

My family moved our parents into the Carlyle the day after Christmas 2015. They were in their own home for 62 years and this was not an easy decision.

So far the staff has been more than helpful, warm and inviting to our parents and our family.

My parents say the food is good and they would love to go back home but this is the best place for them at their age and with their failing ability to take care of house cleaning and cooking, etc.

manager live on site

I like the fact that The Carlyle property managers actually live on site.

Things have been going fine.

Things have been going fine. I find that if I have any complaints I can bring them up with the management here at The Carlyle and they respond to them pretty well. We are satisfied with them.

the dining chairs are on rollers

The Carlyle is going well. One complaint I do have is in the dining room the dining chairs are on rollers which makes it hard for people that need assistance to get up without having some sort of leverage. It is something that needs to be changed. Otherwise the facility is very nice. It is decorated really nicely. They have plenty of things for the residents to do. Unfortunately mom hasn't gotten as involved as I would have liked her to. We've have been pleased overall.

has put a relief in my heart

Overall things are going well at The Carlyle. I think mom has mentioned that the lunch is better than the dinner. Also I wish they had a back up staff member for bingo. If someone doesn't show up for bingo the residents get really disappointed. It really has put a relief in my heart for her to be at a place where she can be with people her own age. I work a lot and this allows her to have interaction with other people.

Friendly and Welcoming

The staff members there at the Carlyle was friendly and welcoming and they were all willing to get to know my father-in-law while he was staying there. I will have to give them an overall rating of five-stars.

Good Quality of LIfe

Just walking into The Carlyle, it felt like it had a quality of life to it and there was just a good feeling to it and right from the moment we walked in we knew that it was the right place for my loved one to stay.

atmosphere here is so upbeat

The Carlyle has lots of activities. The live in managers are awesome. The staff is so caring. The food here is absolutely to die for. The atmosphere here is so upbeat and friendly. They are so accepting with new people. I wish they had another elevator. They only have one in the whole place. That is one thing I would change. Mom really likes it here!

They were very helpful. We had a wonderful dinner there with my brother. The food was delicious. They were very, very nice. One caregiver had a little more warmth than the other, but we would recommend it very highly to anyone.

They are very helpful and loving , so that was good. They could have options for the meals instead of just two meals to choose from.

Mom's new house!

This is a fantastic place I would give it 10 out of 10 stars if I could. The staff has been like family to Mom! A Wonderful retirement Community! ( I want you to know that Mom does not adjust to change well .... This has been fantastic for her. Always a friend to talk to and time alone when she wants it!

Holiday Retirement

Hi Belinda,
I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm glad to hear your mom is adjusting well. I'm slightly concerned about the low star rating. Is there any reason why you ranked The Carlyle so poorly? If you have any concerns that you don't feel comfortable sharing online, please know that you can call our Resident Relations department at [removed].

Katie

A little more expensive

This was one of the two communities that we looked at when we were searching. They were both nice, both were clean, and had a friendly staff. This was a little more expensive than the other place, and since they were comparable, we chose the other place.

I'm not real happy with them.

I'm not real happy with them. When I brought my loved one there, and we spoke with the manager. They were very nice and they showed us around, and we had lunch and we thought it was going to be great. I don't think they understand that my loved one is there for a specific reason. To make sure she has three meals a day, and if there is an issue someone will call me. Their dining experience is such that you can order from two entrees or some other things a la cart. There have been issues with the dining, it doesn't seem to be okay to order two glasses of drink and a different vegetable, the plates are pre-made, so there are no substitutions. They yelled at her and they embarrassed her in front of everyone in the dining room. My loved one was [removed] by the manager, because she wouldn't come down to the dining room to eat, and they kept bringing her trays to her room even after she requested them to stop. It has been humiliating for my loved one.

Very nice place, overall

They've done a really great job at The Carlyle so far, my loved one has really shown a lot of improvement since moving in! We looked at a number of different places during our search and this one was the best in terms of what they offer for the price. It wasn't the fanciest place we saw, but for what they charge they offer a huge amount of amenities and services. The facility itself is well decorated, bright, airy, and always clean. The people that run the facility live on-site in their own apartments, so they're always there and aware of what is going on. It is an independent living community, but they have an on-site homecare service that you can pay for a few different levels of service with, which is a nice option to have. They even do a good job with the food! My loved one complains from time to time, but she's put on some weight and looks much healthier now! I'd definitely recommend taking a look at this place to anyone looking into senior living in the area.

Review of The Carlyle Independent Living in Lees Summit, MO

A must see,love traveling package, nervous about health care

They make you feel like family!

Everything at The Carlyle has been wonderful so far! It's a very nice looking facility, and the staff are all friendly and caring. They've really made him feel like family since moving in. I'd highly recommend them to anyone else looking into senior living in the area!

Nice looking place, larger community

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. Everything here looked very nice! The staff were all very friendly, and the facility itself seemed very clean and well kept. However, this was a fairly large, multiple story community, and we felt like it would have been a bit intimidating and difficult to navigate for our loved one.

Highly recommend

This was an answer to prayer for my Mom - the perfect place for her at this stage of life - the people who work there are so friendly and supportive - lots of light and very open - a pleasant feeling - she even has her own patio to sit on and enjoy the sunshine

Very Happy

We are very happy with The Carlyle

Nice Facility - but needs more access to upper floors for physically challenged seniors

The only real downside to the Carlyle is the fact there is only one elevator for a three story building with physically challenged elderly people. Since time is not an issue to retired folks, it makes little difference on the time it takes for handicapped people to get to the first floor. The building is sprinklered and has a smoke detection system otherwise it would be a hugh problem in the event of an emergency.

My Mother likes the community and has adjusted well.

Great place!

They do a wonderful job here. It's a beautiful facility, and it is always well kept and clean. The employees are all friendly and helpful, and the office staff in particular really go above and beyond when it comes to service. They always appear to have activities going on, and the food is delicious!

Super Staff

It was great, she just wasn't taking advantage of all the activities going on and she would have to be nudged to go down to the meals. She got so depressed and isolated. It is a great place, I was hoping that she would thrive there. The managers are super, the people that work are great. It was just too big for her.

Great potential

My sister first went in for no more than a day or two so shes just now back there again but now were doing 1000 percent as far as the carlyles concerned shes having no problems with them. Now she's meeting a few people so I think it's going to be fine. I dont have any reservations about it. She doesn't really need any care from the carlyle, she has a home health nurse and some other therapy but thats independent of the carlyle. If she needs something though they help her, they're pretty much adaptable to her needs and there hasn't really been anything that ive needed that they haven't done. Shes met some people that play cards and she sat in on one card game and theres other things that she'll most likely participate in once she's better.

Excellent

They are just excellent. I can not find anything bad to say about them. They were just an excellent community for our loved one and they have been doing a really great job. We are very pleased with them and can not say enough good things about them.

Mom was not real impressed ...

Mom was not real impressed with food, but it appeared fine. WE had some lovely ladies during lunch to give us their perspective and the mgr did invite us to lunch. ladies shard some good info. Seems there are lots of floor plans and that gets confusing; have to study a bit. One thing which seems to be a deal-breaker is that there is no transportation on Sun to Catholic church...its on your own.

Facility and services seeme...

Facility and services seemed very nice, but their 90-day minimum stay contract was beyond my short-term respite care needs.

holiday has cottages--impre...

holiday has cottages--impressed with manager

Toured The Carlyle last week. I foun...

Toured The Carlyle last week. I found it to be a nice place and everyone seems to be happy there

This is the place my sister and I wou...

This is the place my sister and I would really like to have my mother.

I loved this place. I would give this...

I loved this place. I would give this place 5 stars as everyone makes you feel at home and the facilities are beautiful.

Beautiful facility - wonderful staff.

Beautiful facility - wonderful staff.

Solstice Senior Living provides a fulfilling, independent lifestyle in a welcoming environment.

Conveniently located just outside of Kansas City, Solstice Senior Living at Lee's Summit offers you an enriching lifestyle in the heart of Missouri. Our live-in managers take care of the little things, leaving you free to enjoy your time however you’d like. We look forward to meeting you.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places
Solstice Senior Living offers our residents a one-of-a-kind travel program that invites you to stay up to seven nights per visit at most of our more than 300 independent living communities across the United States and Canada, where you’ll enjoy a comfortable guest room, all your meals, shuttle service, and participation in all programs and activities, at no additional expense.

Built with your comfort and safety in mind
Our easy-to-maneuver floor plans are ideal for seniors and all apartments have emergency pull cords. Our 24/7 dedicated live-in managers provide an additional level of comfort. We understand that each individual is unique and that needs may change over time. Solstice Senior Living does not provide any health care services. Residents are welcome to use outside home health care options that may enable them to continue enjoying life at our community.