The Gardens at Jackson Creek - Independence, MO

We took a tour here. I don't think it is in the running.

I toured this community

I went on a tour here. A volunteer manned the desk on the weekend. The rooms here were spacious and I liked the setup. The pricing here was a little more than I thought was reasonable considering only 1 meal a day was provided. It was more of an a la carte set up where you could buy extra services, meals, etc. if you wanted them. This senior apartment building is probably more for those seniors who may not need much assistance. They didn't have on-site nursing available.

Amy Gonzales

Thank you very much for coming to tour our community and for taking the time to send us a review! Unfortunately, you were not told about our on-site home care while on your visit. Golden Heart Senior Care, which has an office in our community, provides services to many of our residents and they have a great reputation. In addition, we have a full calendar of activities that offer trips to the grocery, Wal-Mart, special outings to places such as: the dinner theater, farmer's markets, the casino, shopping etc. Every Friday we offer a "happy hour" with live entertainment and appetizers. Our rent also includes transportation to stores and medical appointments. We invite you to come for another tour and we will ensure you have more knowledge about our community. Thank you again for your response and we hope to see you soon!

Not an active community

While looking into various options for my mother we toured this property. We saw that the place did not have a kitchen. The staff would order from a nearby restaurant and bring it in for residents to eat at a certain time. The place was more like senior apartments. What we didn’t like is that the people living there were not up and about. My mother was looking for a more socialization kind of environment. This was the reason that we did not move forward to select this location.

Amy Gonzales

Thank you for touring our community and for taking the time to respond on this site. You are correct in that we don't have an industrial kitchen on site but each of our apartments offer beautiful kitchens with full size appliances (refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and garbage disposal). Our "Signature Fare" menu offers excellent meals from nearby restaurants. We extend a wide range of meals including: pot roast, salmon, BBQ, Mexican, Fried Chicken, pasta, salads, sandwiches and soup etc.
Its unfortunate that you caught our community on a less active or busy day as we are known for having many many activities and quite a bit of social options. Our current calendar may be found on our website www.thegardensatjacksoncreek.com
Our Happy Hour every Friday is such a hit along with fun outings on Wednesdays to places like the Dinner Theater in Overland Park, shopping and lunch dates etc.
We have special dinner for men and a movie/pizza night for ladies - both offered monthly.
I hope this provides a better flavor of our community and I welcome any additional help you may need. Again, thank you for visiting The Gardens at Jackson Creek.

I toured this community

The staff was helpful and nice and answered all of my questions. It was clean and nice looking. They didn't have near the amenities that other places have. They don't have a kitchen so they order food out daily and every meal. Overall it was way more expensive for what they have to offer.

Amy Gonzales

Thank you for taking the time to visit our community. We are so happy that you found our staff to be helpful and nice. Yes, we do order meals from restaurants in our area and the residents really are happy with what we call our "Signature Fare". We offer a wide range of meals including: pot roast, salmon, BBQ, Mexican, Fried Chicken, salads, sandwiches, soups etc.
As far as amenities- we provide transportation to stores, medical appointments and fun outings throughout KC. (this service is included with the rent).
We also include a continental breakfast, water and trash service and a full calendar of activities on site.
I hope this gives you a better feel of what our community offers and that you will feel free to reach out with any other questions or thoughts. Keep us in mind as we would love to help you or your loved one. Happy Holidays!

5-stars all across the board

I do not normally give 5-star ratings all across the board, but this community is just tremendous. I am thrilled with every aspect with this place. I can’t think of anything bad and those people there are my heroes with taking care of my parents. When my wife and I first visited the community, it was recommended through [Removed] (sales person), and we were greeted by [Removed] (main manager). She gave us the physical tour and I said all the community tours that I already been on were nice but none were beating this one. They had left a great first impression with me and even the tenants that were already there were telling us how good the place was. They actually told us in private and they would have told us if they had anything bad to say about it. This community is very clean and updated. The tenants are responsible for taking out their own trash; they have sections on every floor where they can dispose it. If you choose to, there is a service where someone will come by and take the trash while doing two to three small jobs (ex. Put away dishes, do laundry, etc.). They offer activities that are available every day. They send out calendars prior to each month letting families and tenants know what is happening. Also, there is a transportation service where they can take residents to Walmart, Ralphs, or other shopping areas or doctor’s appointments if need be. Everything that they would like to go would be in a eight to ten miles away. The food seems great too. They offer continental breakfast in the morning and they do not necessarily offer dinner. They have catered dinner; there are restaurants nearby and that get food from. They organize different restaurants on each day and when it’s brought in, it is like a boxed lunch type thing and they can eat it at the dining area or take it up to their room. The tenant’s rooms also have their own personal kitchen. All in all I would definitely recommend this community.

Excellent experience. [Removed] is outstanding. She was understanding and informative. Facility was clean and well run. Residence I met were happy and liked living there.

Fantastic

The staff at this community went above and beyond to care for mom while she was here. The community is very clean and the food is good. They do offer daily activities and I would recommend this community.

Amy Gonzales

Thank you for your kind response. We are so thankful you and your mother had a great experience at The Gardens at Jackson Creek!! Happy Holidays!

My visit

This community seems to offer some nice activities and amenities. The community looked clean when we visited. The people we met were nice. The community we chose was in a better location for us.

Comfortable Living!!

I have recently moved into this community and so far I am pleased with how things are going. The staff have been friendly as well as attentive to all of my needs. I also liked the meals and activities that they provide us throughout the week. The social environment is great and all of the residents have been welcoming to me in this transition. I would recommend it to anyone.

Care and comfort

This is a outstanding community. The staff members are always caring and attentive. We like knowing seeing the community is clean and well maintained. The meals are a good healthy variety that she is happy with. We like knowing that she likes the activities. We have recommend this community for the great care and value that is received.

ROOM: Avail Now
* BLDG Very Clean & Well Maintained.
* ROOMS Very nice. Looked Like New.
* Washer/Dryer In Apt: YES
* MOVE IN FEE: Refundable. $14~1600
* EXTERIOR SAFETY: Card Access
* EXTERIOR SAFETY: Door Cams
* APT Intercom.: Smart Phone App.

NEUTRAL
* UTILITIES: Not Incl. ($40~60/Mo.)
* WiFi: Not Incl.
* Cable: Not Incl.
* Continental Breakfast Daily
* On Your Own: Lunch & Dinner.however can select and pay at end of month from various restaurants in area for 8.50 per meal

CONS:
* Most Svcs require end-of-mo settlement. (See Price Sheet.)
* Transportation free in Indie
* Transportation. $10 outside of Indie 15 mile radius max

I don't think they accept Medicare. It is a nice place.

An Unlikely Fit

After evaluating the community during the tour I found I had to turndown this place. The obstacle for me was the location and eating arrangements. I appreciate the time for the tour and saw that it was a nice community. The staff were very friendly and generous to me.

Nice staff!

We had a good tour and the staff was knowledgeable and helpful. We saw some of the residents in the dining area. It just was not the right fit for mom. She needed more assistance. The staff seemed really friendly.

Mother's Care

My mom moved in recently and is really enjoying her new home. The staff is very caring and very friendly. She is happy with the meals that are offered. This community does offer alot of great activites that are very helpful for her. I would recommend this community to other families.

We Liked The Visit

My mom liked this community when touring. It was nice and clean all through the facility. It seemed to have good interaction with the residents. My tour guide was focused and informative about the community. They were good.

The staff are friendly and helpful!!

I enjoy living at The Gardens. The food tastes good and they offer healthy options. The community is clean and I would recommend this community. They offer a lot of daily activities.

The meals are catered.

The tour staff at The Gardens at Jackson Creek were very kind and friendly. The community is very beautiful and updated throughout. It is well kept and clean. They offer a variety of activities for the residents to enjoy. The meals are not made on site they are catered in which limits the variety to choose from at meal time.

I would give the staff an A plus!!!

The Gardens at Jackson Creek is a nice community and I enjoy living here. I have eaten at the continental breakfast they offer and the food is good. They offer a variety of activities such as movies, church and miniature golf. There is a walkway outside to enjoy. They offer transportation within a 15 mile radius. I would recommend this community.

They have been very caring and supportive with our family member.

Not a place for my MOM

The facility is very nice. They bring the food into the facility from another location so it's not cooked fresh. They charge $8.00 per meal and you have to give them plenty of notice if you aren't going to be there. Moving in and out is difficult as everything has to be taken up on one of two elevators the residents have to use. They have a ton of rules here and you need to read your contract carefully. There are as many folks moving out as moving as this is just an apartment building. There is no one on site in case of a fall in the evening or at night. If you get locked out of your apartment it will cost you $25.00 for them to open your door for you. You must have a card key to get into the building so it can be difficult for late afternoon or evening visitors to get in. I felt the staff was eager to get us signed up, but very uppity after that. This is a nice place, but not necessarily a friendly place. I would not recommend this location if you are a fall risk or handicapped in any way. There is no one here to help you, unless you want to pay for home health. It is independent living only.

Dear Mike,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our community. It is true, we are clearly Independent Living. Our goal is to offer many services to help keep our seniors independent and for as long as possible.
We do recommend that our residents wear an emergency pendant, if they live alone, so that in case of a fall or medical emergency they are able to contact the appropriate first responders.
Our meals are catered by a wonderful company (Monday through Friday), and we request a 48 hour notice to add meals. If your loved one is out of town, not feeling well, or simply busy, we are happy to save their meal and it can be picked up at their convenience. Our residents have been quite happy with these delicious meals and most appreciate the flexibility we offer. Residents may add just a few meals, all meals or no meals, if they prefer to do all of their own cooking in our beautiful apartments.
Again, because we are independent living we do not offer 24 hour care. Our contracted home care company does have staff on site from approximately 6:30 AM until approximately 9:00PM. Many of our residents take advantage of this very reasonably priced service, in order to stay in Independent Living.
In regards to the fee to unlock the resident's apartment, this is only necessary after office hours when we do not have staff readily available.
As far as move-outs from our community, some are because a higher level of care is required or many times residents move to be near their families.
Our true desire is to be a very warm and welcoming place to our residents and their families. Please let me know if you would like to meet in person to discuss any further concerns and again thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Management at The Gardens at Jackson Creek

Review of The Gardens at Jackson Creek - Independence, MO

This is a very nice place. I would be happy taking my mom there. The lady who showed me around Amy was very nice and friendly. Unfortunately we cannot afford it.

No better place

The upkeep of the facility is nice. I don't like the food system because they don't have options. I also don't like the fact that their was no one to greet my mom coming into the place. They have activities but, there is no encouragement and mom need that. The rooms are nice with washers and dryers. I couldn't have found a better place.

wonderful place

The place is wonderful. My father has been there a couple of months and the staff is wonderful. They have a Home Health Agency inside the facility which provides services from 7am to 10pm. They always call or text us when they have any mishaps with my father. It is good to have this company onsite with the facility.

Great place

This is a great place with nice amenities. It is always clean and nice here. The staff is so professional and always nice. There is a great sense of community here. The residents are so nice and treat each other like family. The food here is great too.

I like everything

I like everything about The Garden at Jackson Creek. Their meals are good and just everything is. I have no complaints. The facility is clean and the staff here is very friendly. I am pleased.

I like everything about The Garden at Jackson Creek.

Thrilled To Be There

We are thrilled for my loved one to be here. I can not think of any improvements that the facility needs. The Gardens is a community that she is finding is just very accessible and it is making her happy. We are just very thankful and very pleased. It is a reasonable fee for what she is getting.

All of my interactions have been good

My parents never ended up being able to move into The Gardens at Jackson Creek. My father passed away before we could move them in. All of my interactions have been good over there. It was a really nice apartment. I really wish my parents could have lived there. Amy, the one that heads up The Gardens was really nice. Everyone there is nice really. I did think their trash policy was a little odd. They want everything to go down the garbage disposal, but I don't think everything belongs in the disposal. Other than that I really liked this facility.

Excellent care

This is a nice facility. So far, everything is going well. The caregivers and nursing staff give excellent care to the residents and seem to really enjoy their jobs. The building is very nice and residents really seem to enjoy the activities that are provided.

Super place for all of us

Our first impression of this location was excellent and the people are so friendly. We are still considering this location but must wait to hear the results of medical testing for my wife. We hope to close this program sometime in October.

My sister is into her third week at the Gardens. She has not lived independently for close to five years prior to this. From the day of our visit through today, she has stated her happiness in the facility and the very accommodating staff. Her happiness for this independent living experience has put me and other family members at ease. We have hopes that it will extend her ability to live independently.

A Nice Place Overall

They are very friendly staff at The Gardens at Jackson Creek and they really do seem to care about the residents. I think the facility could be more user-friendly, it is not really set-up for the elderly. Overall though it is a nice place.

very attentive

The staff at Garden at Jackson Creek so far have been very attentive. I love it there. It is really nice. They have plenty of activities although mom does not participate in any. Overall very good experience here.

very helpful

The Gardens at Jackson Creek have been very helpful from day one. They are extremely friendly at this facility. The staff gave mom a calendar that was so helpful to her. We are really enjoying our experience here so far!

Mother in law is still getting used to her new place. She likes it. She had not joined into any activities as yet. Thanks

location is wonderful

I would love to live at this facility myself! The Gardens at Jackson Creek have every appliance you could ever need. I love that they have a walking track, library, theater, etc. The staff will take you out for groceries, Dr. appointments, and anything else that you need. We also love that they provide offsite activities. I also appreciate how pet friendly they are. The location is wonderful! I do wish they had a little more security during the day. Overall this place is wonderful and would highly recommend.

Moving to the Gardens at Jackson Creek

The staff has been very helpful in orienting me to my new home and getting me involved in activities to interact with the other residents.

My mother-in-law is still in process of moving in. So far the staff and others have been very friendly. Maintenance has been completed very quickly. The only negative I has is they need to stress that ONLY phone company is COMCAST. They had it listed, but to me was as an option, not as not being able to get anyone else. Plus, (and I will send a letter), it doesn't help when AT&T doesn't know they can use the lines. Mother-in-law has been without a phone for two weeks.

It was wonderful as far as atmosphere, and pleasantness of the people.

It was wonderful as far as atmosphere, and pleasantness of the people. It really is just a retirement community. They don't do a good job of explaining that they don't have any care or medication services. They don't really have meals there, you can order food, but it's extra.

Amy Gonzales

Thank you for your comments. We do offer services including medication management and a wide variety of care that is overseen by a registered nurse. My apologies that his was not conveyed to you and your family. Additionally, many of our residents are very independent, we have found that an optional meal plan is the popular choice. It also saves our residents a lot of money monthly, even if they order all three meals. May I encourage you to come visit us again.

Sincerely,

Bridget Snodgrass
Executive Director

They have been wonderful. There is such a positive atmosphere.

They have been wonderful. There is such a positive atmosphere. It's so different than where I was living before. Everyone is very friendly, the staff has just been wonderful. The other residents have been very pleasant and nice. I like that you can pick and choose what events you would like to participate in. I like that if I want to eat in the dining room I can, but it's not included in my monthly cost. They were pretty reasonably priced here as well. I have a bigger room, and a kitchen for less than where I was before.

A positive experience

I don't have anything negative to say about The Gardens at Jackson Creek. It has been a positive experience. Compared to everything we looked at this one was the best. Everyone was super friendly. We were certain that we would choose this to place our parents. Amy is a wonderful person to work with and made sure all of our questions were answered. She made the moving process go very smoothly. This is a great place.

Amy Gonzales

Thank you for your kind remarks. We are so glad your parents call the Gardens at Jackson Creek home!

4 1/2 Stars

My Father lives here and seems to love it here.I can't rate the activities because I am not sure about that area. Overall, The Gardens at Jackson Creek is a great community with great services. I am glad that my father is comfortable here.

A nice place for mom

The Gardens at Jackson Creek is a nice place for mom. Shes is happy there. I would recommend this community to anyone who is looking for assisted living. Overall, this is a good community. I am glad that my mother is happy here.

Amy Gonzales

We love hearing how happy your mom is at the Gardens at Jackson Creek! Our residents are truly an extension of our family.

i liked the place nice and clean not pleased
with the person at care services but over all i give the facility a 5 star rating the place was very clean in and out i would recommend this to others and their loved ones they do a very great job

Good Facility

Overall it is good facility. I am happy with it and so is my loved one and no complaints or anything right now.

The facility was great the care services the offered was not up to participate that should be reviewed

Amy Gonzales

Thank you for your comments. We certainly strive to partner with the best care providers. I invite you to speak with me or one of our team members so that we can gain more insight into your care concern.

Sincerely,

Bridget Snodgrass
Executive Director

exactly what we were looking for!

It was exactly what my mother was looking for! The surrounding area is all new and everything there is nice and convenient. It has really been a great experience at The Gardens at Jackson Creek and I would highly recommend them. The facility is new and very nice, and the staff is exceptional.

very helpful

The Gardens at Jackson Creek is a wonderful place (nice facility and very clean) with very helpful staff. The staff there is just as sweet as they can be, and every resident we have seen is really friendly and talk about how much they really love the place.

New home for Mom and Dad

Everyone, staff and residents, are friendly and welcoming. The facility is emaculate and has many on site activities. We are lucky to have found The Gardens at Jackson Creek.

Amy Gonzales

We love to hear this! Our mission is to serve our residents by providing a purposeful, social and engaging lifestyle. So glad to have your family as part of ours.

Everything is great here.

its been a great place. It's nice, everyone is friendly. There is not a lot of red tape to go through, it's very easy there. my loved one love it there. It's a fantastic place for a independent person, just fine for them.

Amy Gonzales

Thank you! We strive to support our residents' independence and promote the 'age in place' philosophy. We also provide services for those who may need them.

She is very happy there.

She is very happy there. It's spotless clean. Each apartment has it's own washer and dryer. They take residents to dinner once a month, they have a theater and beauty salon, they have a continental breakfast. As they get more residents, they will get a chef. They have beautiful dining room and a lovely kitchen. They have a service that delivers food at a nominal charge, it's very good. They have a little putting green, and a nice patio. They are also getting ready to open their community store. They have a shuttle bus, to go to the store. They were really the best overall value.

Amy Gonzales

So glad your loved one is happy! It is always our goal to bring a smile to our beloved residents.